IGNORED

Apropos for SSE?

2 hours ago, aonduine said:

Is there a version of Apropos for Special Edition?

Search the OG Skyrim Apropos 2 thread...I asked the question there a while back (about 4 -5 weeks ago) and a kind poster on the forums told me what to do...basically, there is no official version posted but you can take the original Skyrim file and replace one of its files with the file someone posted there (just extract the contents, replace the file, and rezip the file). I did it and it works like a charm on SE...it does seem to conflict a bit with devious devices and submissive lola mods tho as an FYI when equipping gags as they both vie for control of the PCs mouth

Sorry, one last item, you may need to also enable face overlays in your INI files as well (skee64.ini...search for this in your SSE data folder)

section should look something like this when edited in notepad...look for the "Overlays" section and make sure the following entries are there:

; Determines whether face overlays are enabled
; disabling this disables the hook
bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

and then:

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=8 ; Default[3]
iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[1]

I increased the number of overlays on the face to 8 and did the following for body overlays (increased to 14) since I use slavetats and a bunch of other overlay mods:

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=14 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

If your PC can't handle that many overlays, just dial it back to a number that works for you. More overlays = more memory consumption of course...you likely know this already....

GOOD LUCK!

On 11/5/2019 at 1:31 AM, Waveslider1 said:

Sorry, one last item, you may need to also enable face overlays in your INI files as well (skee64.ini...search for this in your SSE data folder)

section should look something like this when edited in notepad...look for the "Overlays" section and make sure the following entries are there:

; Determines whether face overlays are enabled
; disabling this disables the hook
bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

and then:

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=8 ; Default[3]
iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[1]

I increased the number of overlays on the face to 8 and did the following for body overlays (increased to 14) since I use slavetats and a bunch of other overlay mods:

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=14 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

If your PC can't handle that many overlays, just dial it back to a number that works for you. More overlays = more memory consumption of course...you likely know this already....

GOOD LUCK!

Hey man,

Thanks for that information. I have some issues. I have no overlays at all showing up. Nothing from Wet function, Apropos or even Sexlab cum textures. I've installed Apropos as per those instructions and have edited the skee64.ini. Any idea what would break every texture overlay? I can only find sources saying that they do not work at all on SSE. But they are old posts and you seem to have it working. I have the latest Racemenu.

Thanks for any suggestions

Hmmm...I guess the question is did any of those ever work?

I have Apropos and SL Cum Textures working just fine but don't use the Wet Function. I use the Women of Skyrim textures which are the best I've found yet and it has a perma-wet texture I believe. I think wet function adjusts it dynamically. I assume you have all the pre-requisites for each mod you run? Slavetats may be required to be installed and working etc.? Also using Vortex with LOOT integration can save a lot of headaches. 

To troubleshoot, you may want to disable any mods that could be causing problems (I'd create a separate profile to test this - Vortex allows cloning), load a game just before you loaded all your mods, and systematically load them and test one by one.

Just installing Apropos 2 should have just added additional effects to an already functioning system if all was working initially...as long as the overlays are enabled (the face ones are really the only ones that might require enabling since they used to be disabled by default). I'd double check all the requirements for the various mods you are using first and make sure you have installed all the latest and greatest versions of those (and that they are all compatible).

If you're trying to install all of this on an older setup, I hate to say it but sometimes it helps to start from scratch. I did that on the PC I have all this working on as I had kept the computer offline for the longest time as my setup was running perfectly, and every time they updated Skyrim SE or Skyrim (I mod both of those as well as Fallout 4), it would break my setups. I know how to prevent those updates now and keep that online access, but when I saw that Racemenu offered face overlay support, I was determined to upgrade. And upgrading meant moving from NMM to Vortex as well as updating the games. I tried their conversion tool but it didn't bring over my LL mods...anyways, it was a bigger hassle to unwind all that than just starting over. Not sure if any of that helps or I'm just rambling but that's my two cents...I hope you get it worked out. It's a really cool mod...I was playing more Skyrim OG than SSE for a while because of that and some of the cool HDT-PE hairs it has (SSE still hasn't quite caught up there), but then I got this working and it's been SSE ever since. 

So, I went from Nexus Mod Manager over to Vortex and started from square one. The latest Racemenu supports face overlays but only for a specific version of SSE which of course is tied to specific versions of many supporting files such as SKSE, etc. . So I upgraded everything and started from there. I'm running 283+ mods on that system at this point with no issues. I install one at a time and test them thoroughly to make sure they are working before I move to the next. If I install something that breaks anything, it gets removed from the list or tucked away to be used on a different profile. There are tons of things that can cause issues which makes going slowly and methodically and reading each mods description and pre-reqs thoroughly an absolute requirement and best practice. I don't have a magic bullet to fix texture overlays but maybe my methods will help you. I also like to make system images so if I try to do something bold that fucks up my setup, I can restore it and start again. 

On 11/8/2019 at 2:36 AM, Waveslider1 said:

I have Apropos and SL Cum Textures working just fine but don't use the Wet Function. I use the Women of Skyrim textures which are the best I've found yet and it has a perma-wet texture I believe. I think wet function adjusts it dynamically. I assume you have all the pre-requisites for each mod you run? Slavetats may be required to be installed and working etc.? Also using Vortex with LOOT integration can save a lot of headaches. 

To troubleshoot, you may want to disable any mods that could be causing problems (I'd create a separate profile to test this - Vortex allows cloning), load a game just before you loaded all your mods, and systematically load them and test one by one.

Just installing Apropos 2 should have just added additional effects to an already functioning system if all was working initially...as long as the overlays are enabled (the face ones are really the only ones that might require enabling since they used to be disabled by default). I'd double check all the requirements for the various mods you are using first and make sure you have installed all the latest and greatest versions of those (and that they are all compatible).

If you're trying to install all of this on an older setup, I hate to say it but sometimes it helps to start from scratch. I did that on the PC I have all this working on as I had kept the computer offline for the longest time as my setup was running perfectly, and every time they updated Skyrim SE or Skyrim (I mod both of those as well as Fallout 4), it would break my setups. I know how to prevent those updates now and keep that online access, but when I saw that Racemenu offered face overlay support, I was determined to upgrade. And upgrading meant moving from NMM to Vortex as well as updating the games. I tried their conversion tool but it didn't bring over my LL mods...anyways, it was a bigger hassle to unwind all that than just starting over. Not sure if any of that helps or I'm just rambling but that's my two cents...I hope you get it worked out. It's a really cool mod...I was playing more Skyrim OG than SSE for a while because of that and some of the cool HDT-PE hairs it has (SSE still hasn't quite caught up there), but then I got this working and it's been SSE ever since. 

So, I went from Nexus Mod Manager over to Vortex and started from square one. The latest Racemenu supports face overlays but only for a specific version of SSE which of course is tied to specific versions of many supporting files such as SKSE, etc. . So I upgraded everything and started from there. I'm running 283+ mods on that system at this point with no issues. I install one at a time and test them thoroughly to make sure they are working before I move to the next. If I install something that breaks anything, it gets removed from the list or tucked away to be used on a different profile. There are tons of things that can cause issues which makes going slowly and methodically and reading each mods description and pre-reqs thoroughly an absolute requirement and best practice. I don't have a magic bullet to fix texture overlays but maybe my methods will help you. I also like to make system images so if I try to do something bold that fucks up my setup, I can restore it and start again. 

Hello there,

Thanks for your tutorial, but i have problems when i using it.

There's no descriptions or messages while having sex. I installed the mod in MCM but it just don't work.

Can you suggest me how to fix it?

I wish I could offer more help to those struggling to get this working. I didn't create this mod, I just use it, so I can't really provide a ton of technical advice. I'm only trying to pass on what worked for me. Modding is like building a house and if you don't start with a strong working foundation, everything is going to suffer (and likely not work properly).  The best advice I can give is to tell you to make sure you have all the pre-reqs installed and in working order before installing this (read every mods full description before installing and sometimes you also have to dig into the help pages for fixes (i.e. do some research))...since there is no SE official version, you kind of have to infer these and find their equivalents for SE from the below LE Mod:

It lists the following as pre-reqs and then you have to have all the pre-reqs for these:

1. SexLab 1.62.+ (I'm running 1.63 Beta for SSE) - you gotta read a bit between the lines here as well...sexlab has a ton of requirements or other tools needed to make it a good experience (Sexlab tools, SLAL - animation loader, Matchmaker tools, mods like Defeat, various anim packs etc.)
2. Skyrim LE/Oldrim (obviously SSE instead - my Current SE build is 2.0.16 (runtime 1.5.80))
3.  JContainers 3.2 (I'm running 4.1.9 for SSE)
4.  SexLab Aroused (I'm running ver29 for SSE)
5. *.STRINGS in UTF8 format (not sure what this meant so I ignored it and am running ok) - Suspect Engine Fixes for SSE may have helped with that
You of course also need Racemenu for SSE which is not listed for these overlays to work (I'm running 0.4.9) All this being said, you have to make sure all of the above are running perfectly before using Apropos2...also make sure your using USSEP and I highly recommend Engine Fixes from the Nexus. I also recommend SlaveTats (1.3.0 beta 2 for SSE) as although not listed, it seems to link up to the textures so you can apply them manually if you prefer. Once and only once you have all of the above working should you expect this mod to function...and again, that's also after modifying the archive properly as provided in the first set of instructions. 
4 hours ago, Waveslider1 said:

I wish I could offer more help to those struggling to get this working. I didn't create this mod, I just use it, so I can't really provide a ton of technical advice. I'm only trying to pass on what worked for me. Modding is like building a house and if you don't start with a strong working foundation, everything is going to suffer (and likely not work properly).  The best advice I can give is to tell you to make sure you have all the pre-reqs installed and in working order before installing this (read every mods full description before installing and sometimes you also have to dig into the help pages for fixes (i.e. do some research))...since there is no SE official version, you kind of have to infer these and find their equivalents for SE from the below LE Mod:

It lists the following as pre-reqs and then you have to have all the pre-reqs for these:

1. SexLab 1.62.+ (I'm running 1.63 Beta for SSE) - you gotta read a bit between the lines here as well...sexlab has a ton of requirements or other tools needed to make it a good experience (Sexlab tools, SLAL - animation loader, Matchmaker tools, mods like Defeat, various anim packs etc.)
2. Skyrim LE/Oldrim (obviously SSE instead - my Current SE build is 2.0.16 (runtime 1.5.80))
3.  JContainers 3.2 (I'm running 4.1.9 for SSE)
4.  SexLab Aroused (I'm running ver29 for SSE)
5. *.STRINGS in UTF8 format (not sure what this meant so I ignored it and am running ok) - Suspect Engine Fixes for SSE may have helped with that
You of course also need Racemenu for SSE which is not listed for these overlays to work (I'm running 0.4.9) All this being said, you have to make sure all of the above are running perfectly before using Apropos2...also make sure your using USSEP and I highly recommend Engine Fixes from the Nexus. I also recommend SlaveTats (1.3.0 beta 2 for SSE) as although not listed, it seems to link up to the textures so you can apply them manually if you prefer. Once and only once you have all of the above working should you expect this mod to function...and again, that's also after modifying the archive properly as provided in the first set of instructions. 

I find the problem now , i use Jcontainers for le so it dont work.

Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 6:36 PM, Waveslider1 said:

Thanks for the information,

I got it all working fully in the end. 

Ended up uninstalling SE and going back to LE for a while though (had limited SSD space). Can't beat things like AIO AP and COSIO. We need proper blended interior pussy textures for SE. I use Vortex and have like 2000 mods and 400esps merged. My LE install still blows my mind each time I play it haha. Pretty much got everything I want for it and it's almost exactly how I want it. But it runs like shit at times tbh. Tanking to like 20fps in cities with a 1070 and Ryzen 3600. I am using JKs and Dawn though. And have about a hundred NPCs walking about with 8K bodies and full HDT. Pushing 8GB Vram usage and about 10GB RAM lmao. SE has a lot more overall potential. It hits 50fps where LE gets 20fps. It can support many more, models, scripts, and texture load without a hitch. When my FPS tanks in LE, my GPU usage drops to as little as 20%. SE has none of the GPU utilisation issues or "trouble areas". My GPU usage it pegged at 99% at all times. And thanks to ESLs, the upper limit for plugins and overhaul mod count is much higher. Did you know Vortex can now convert any compatible plugins to ESL? You can half your plugin load with one click. It's amazing.

I just got a new M.2 and am going through the process of modding SE up again. Going to keep in installed this time and work on it bit-by-bit, until it's finally superior to LE. Really wish there was full SMP conversions of AIO AP or COSIO. The CBBE pussy mesh and texture is super ugly, compared to what we have on LE. I was also having issues with SMP tanking FPS and crashing last time. The CBBE SMP configs tank FPS and crash suddenly. It's solid in general with global full SMP physics and collisions. It doubles my CPU usage, but when we're talking about going from 20-30% to 40-60%, it's not big a deal. But when I start a Sexlab animation it tanks and crashes. I tried 3BBB, but it doesn't apply to NPCs without spells or equipping specific items, or some shit. I thought we were past that point tbh. Tried some other SMP presets and configs I found around and most broke clothing physics or collisions, for some reason.

SSE does have so much potential though. Many new mods coming out utilising new technology. And finally the engine can support it. We just need a solid all-in-one body installer with a new high poly body, nice blended pussy, and solid physics. Will try to splice something acceptable together with what we have for now. SE defo looks better too imho. With the new ENB binaries, adding proper ENB water, Particle and fire effects. Using Semirealis with ENB lights, Cathedral weather and Cathedral landscapes as a base is amazing. You can have insanely dense grass, with maxed out (14000) grass distance and perfect LOD. The weather and lighting looks amazing and after tweaking the ENB it's almost photo-realistic. Especially with all the new 3D high poly models and better quality textures we are getting now. Just the bodies, physics, and some missing sexual mods/compatibility that is holding it back for now. Getting better every day though.

Thanks for that vortex ESL Tip...I'm approaching my limit now, so need to do that! Also not sure if you've seen some of the CBPC and SMP installs (HDT Compatibility sets) out there...there is one that allows both to be installed...using SMP for clothing and hair physics but the more forgiving CBP physics with collisions for the body which is definitely more resource friendly and might cure some of those crashing woes...the new 3bbb bodies may come with that but I haven't made the switch to those yet...

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2019 at 1:51 AM, Waveslider1 said:

How exactly does vortex convert esp to esl? Not seeing that as an option?

You can easily convert eligible esp files to esl with Wrye Bash.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:13 AM, Du8i0us said:

I use Vortex and have like 2000 mods and 400esps merged.

Please share a list of your original mods. I think my maximum is around 770 :)
I'm using MO2 right now with the fabulous "Merge Plugins Hide" plugin, merging stuff with zedit, and I'm at exact 774 mods right now. Many of them merged of course. I am trying to recreate the look and feel of my highly modded LE installation, but on a new computer with maximum specs (Core i9 / 9th Gen + 64GB Ram + 2TB SSD + RTX2080 with a 4k display)

2 hours ago, aragonit said:

You can easily convert eligible esp files to esl with Wrye Bash.

Please share a list of your original mods. I think my maximum is around 770 :)
I'm using MO2 right now with the fabulous "Merge Plugins Hide" plugin, merging stuff with zedit, and I'm at exact 774 mods right now. Many of them merged of course. I am trying to recreate the look and feel of my highly modded LE installation, but on a new computer with maximum specs (Core i9 / 9th Gen + 64GB Ram + 2TB SSD + RTX2080 with a 4k display)

I am aware there are other options for flagging mods as ESL, but this poster mentioned a feature of vortex that could supposedly do it...that was the actual question...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/6/2020 at 5:35 PM, vidarf said:

Does anybody know what to do if its says that my skyrim is outdated. The thing is that it isnt outdated so i have no idea what to do. It says that i need Skyrim 1.9.32 and i have no idea what they mean

I'm in the same boat. Do you use Special Edition or VR? I think it has to do with the base mod being built for Oldrim. As far as I can tell, I have the MCM menu and it looks like it's working, but I also get the error message. I'll mess around with it some more and see if it's actually working and it's safe to ignore the message.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

no ideal but right click on this mod make my NMM freeze eternal and I must force my NMM quit , try again with another mod but no issue , so I just want to warn if someone have an issue like me just install (you can install with manager but you cant remove it in the manager) and uninstall this manually ( NMM user only , idk if other manager have this issue too )

• 2 months later...

So Apropos2 seems to be working fine for me with one exception. Once I create new text files and mark them as unique they are not being found.  The system finds the folder, but not the text files.

Things I have done...

Added the animation to the UnqiueAnimations txt file.

Created folder for new animation following the conventional naming system.

Ran all my text files through https://jsonlint.com/
Checked my naming conventions on all text files within the folder.

Ran Patchup (Probably not necessary, but I tried it)

Updated database through the MCM

Kinda stumped. I've been modifying these text files for the better part of 10 years, in LE addition, and occasionally I make dumb mistakes, but I usually figure out why I'm an idiot on my own, after about 30 minutes of yelling into void. This time I've hit a wall. I can't see any reason it wouldn't be recognizing my text files. Because it seems to recognize the other unique animations & their descriptors, just not any added post install.

Anyone else have issues writing their own custom apropos2 SSE descriptions. Or am I the only one?

• 1 month later...

On 5/13/2020 at 2:27 AM, Du8i0us said:

Since google links to this thread for an "Apropos 2 SE" search, and nobody has uploaded the file yet; I will leave the mod with the SE script applied here - ready to go. Will remove if it's an issue - just trying to help people out : 

Apropos2 SE.rar 20.52 MB · 1,212 downloads

OK. For some reason I cannot complete miscellaneous quests from this mod. I'll go over to a horse, do the "deed". Lo and behold, no prompt for completion or even a next step. Anyone else having this issue??

• 5 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 3:35 PM, vidarf said:

Does anybody know what to do if its says that my skyrim is outdated. The thing is that it isnt outdated so i have no idea what to do. It says that i need Skyrim 1.9.32 and i have no idea what they mean

On 4/7/2020 at 7:46 AM, Scorch20103 said:

I'm in the same boat. Do you use Special Edition or VR? I think it has to do with the base mod being built for Oldrim. As far as I can tell, I have the MCM menu and it looks like it's working, but I also get the error message. I'll mess around with it some more and see if it's actually working and it's safe to ignore the message.

So I'm using the VR edition seems to be working for me as well but I do get the error message should we just ignore this or did anybody actually figure it out? I'm currently trying to suss out the problem 

• 3 months later...

It looks like the SE Apropos2 port in this thread still has a check for the LE version number.

Specifically, in SSEEdit, I see:

Editor ID Apropos2CheckSkyrim is the message about the skyrim version:

Outdated or Skyrim install detected.
Apropos2 currently requires Skyrim v1.9.32 or newer in order to function. To continue using this mod; you must update your install and reload your game. 

It is referenced by the quest Apropos2MainQuest

And, the version check itself seems to be defined in Apropos2SystemConfig.psc and .pex:

Bool Function CheckSystemComponent(String component)
    If component == "Skyrim"
        Return (StringUtil.Substring(Debug.GetVersionNumber(), 0, 3) As Float) >= 1.9

So to get rid of that message, I guess you would change the 1.9 in that script to a 1.5, (and recompile it), and change the message to say something like ... Skyrim Special Edition v1.5.* or newer ...

(Though I am not sure if anyone is running any older versions of special edition.)