[WIP] The Forever Darkness Project

Kayin

Dang, to my shame I hear from this WIP just today and have to admit that I'm allured ALOT!. Your attempt is very ambitious and inspired, the videos are great and I fell in love instantly with the voice of Karen lol. My weak spot - female voices. Women can look as they like as long as the voice is...uhm..tempting.

Honestly I found your mod idea while I was using the bloodsoaked arrows with Auriel's bow for the first time and was pretty disappointed with the outcome. I thought why not make it like Silent Hill? Strange sounds, darkness rolls over the hills like fog and the countryside get flooded with undead hordes? I wanted to see the farmers and villagers run for cover and lock their homes while the tides of horror wash over their shattered hopes and daylight becomes a myth.

I look forward for a beta to test and wish you luck and support from every side - may it be alive or not muhahaha.....

I watched the Embers of Valkyries trailer.

I just like.

Fangasmed. So hard.

Dude. The presentation, the tidbits of story, the armor - I saw some influences of Silverlight, the Schwertleite helmet was part of the Valkyrie helmet...

As I'm roleplaying my favorite (and current) Skyrim char as a Valkyrie, this mod really has my attention. Please let this someday be completed Q.Q

• 3 months later...

I'm necro-ing an old thread mainly because I wan't to see this project actually happen. Sadly though it looks like both here and on the nexus forums the last anyone has posted anything was in October of 2013. I hope there has been progress on the development of this mod. Honestly it would be such a waste if this is left undeveloped.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Happy new year everyone!

i for one cant wait til this mod is released! i think it looks absolutely amazing form what ive seen 

Keep at it kayin!

You did realise that the mod author has been absent for almost a year!? Consider this mod as dead as it can be!

Happy new year everyone!

i for one cant wait til this mod is released! i think it looks absolutely amazing form what ive seen 

Keep at it kayin!

You did realise that the mod author has been absent for almost a year!? Consider this mod as dead as it can be!

he's currently reworking everything

• 2 months later...

I'm convinced at this point that there was never a mod. No WIP locations or quest work ever surfaced. No beta, or even an alpha, was ever released. All we ever saw was character screenshots and flashy but utterly meaningless promo graphics.

I mean seriously, how many outfits and hairstyles does one character need? And can you get any more blatantly Mary Sue can you get than "the first vampire's sister no one knew about and she's super special guys"? Then there were those stupid knights whose only tie to Kyne was "they use lightning, Kyne is goddess of storms, lol lore friendly!" Complete vaporware and a waste of everyone's time.

I'm convinced at this point that there was never a mod. No WIP locations or quest work ever surfaced. No beta, or even an alpha, was ever released. All we ever saw was character screenshots and flashy but utterly meaningless promo graphics.

I mean seriously, how many outfits and hairstyles does one character need? And can you get any more blatantly Mary Sue can you get than "the first vampire's sister no one knew about and she's super special guys"? Then there were those stupid knights whose only tie to Kyne was "they use lightning, Kyne is goddess of storms, lol lore friendly!" Complete vaporware and a waste of everyone's time.

I'm starting to doubt it too, after i've seen it has been so long since then. Maybe it was a troll attempt, maybe it he couldn't find people to work on the project, there are many reasons, that's for sure. Maybe he made the mod, but kept it for himself. Maybe he died. :/ Which is sad, but i don't know. What i know, is that this project was full of promise and perfection about the Vampire Race lore, especially the aesthetics, too bad there's nothing like that on the Skyrim Modding Community and there will never be one. I recently started to play Skyrim again after a long hiatus, i was really looking forward that project. 

I'm starting to doubt it too, after i've seen it has been so long since then. Maybe it was a troll attempt, maybe it he couldn't find people to work on the project, there are many reasons, that's for sure. Maybe he made the mod, but kept it for himself. Maybe he died. :/ Which is sad, but i don't know. What i know, is that this project was full of promise and perfection about the Vampire Race lore, especially the aesthetics, too bad there's nothing like that on the Skyrim Modding Community and there will never be one. I recently started to play Skyrim again after a long hiatus, i was really looking forward that project. 

I don't know much about good stories/questlines that have been made (I haven't downloaded any). But you can find plenty of vampire aesthetics! Whether it is player or a npc overhaul you got a huge choice if you look :). This artist was also excellent at PS or other paint manipulation of his/her work, so I wouldn't of got the impression that it could have all looked as stunning as just the presentation/screenie work...

I don't know much about good stories/questlines that have been made (I haven't downloaded any). But you can find plenty of vampire aesthetics! Whether it is player or a npc overhaul you got a huge choice if you look :). This artist was also excellent at PS or other paint manipulation of his/her work, so I wouldn't of got the impression that it could have all looked as stunning as just the presentation/screenie work...

^Point taken, and you're absolutely true on your words. Although, i already searched and took anything good by my humblest opinion and i just thought this project could be "the something more" that i wanted on my collection of unlimited mods. <- seriously, that's the name i gave to my collection lol. It's not really unlimited, as i only merely have over than 120 mods on 6.26GB, i know, very cute number, i'm sure there are people with twice or thrice the number but that's not the point. Thank you anyways. 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived