[WIP] The Forever Darkness Project

Kayin

foreverdarknesslogoskyr.png

Welcome to the official Forever Darkness WIP thread for the Lover's Lab community! As you all can see, I'm working a rather large project involving two separate mods which are part of a larger series. There will also be a third and final mod if...I ever get through these two. First thing's first, the current project is in two halves. The first half that most people are familiar with is Forever Darkness - Ashes of Eris, which involves the nefarious and evil Eris. The second half - which you will see below - is Embers of Valkyries, where the companion and race in that mod are good, honorable, and generally tailored to those who make righteous-type characters. Allow me to give you a brief synopsis of the project so far...

Forever Darkness - Ashes of Eris:

- Special companion character named Eris Beolfag - the elder sister of the infamous Lamae Beolfag, the first pure-blood vampire in the current TES lore.

- Special arch-vampire race included who will be far less weaker then normal vampires

- Unique dialogue for a vicious and malevolent Eris played by the talented Marcy Edwards (voice talent for Interesting NPCs - check out her work!)

- Full-length short story included showing a new twist on the TES vampire origin story, something that was sorely neglected in Dawnguard

- Special promotional artwork including wallpapers and maybe even printable poster quality art

Forever Darkness - Embers of Valkyries:

- Special companion character named Gavriella Corvain, the heroine and protagonist of the project who becomes the legendary Valkyrie.

- New race called the Einherjar, based of the same mythological heroes in Norse myth - except that these are heroes who were turned into vampires against their will! Also includes a valkyrie themed heroine with armors similar to those seen in the Valkyrie Profile RPG series.

- Unique dialogue and hopefully a talented voice actress to go with it!

- Full-length short story showing how Gavriella was cursed by Eris and then found salvation from a source of power thought to be lost - The Aedra!

- Special promotional artwork including wallpapers and maybe even printable poster quality art

Forever Darkness: Embers of Valkyries Official Trailer -

[video=youtube]

valkyrietitlenexus.png

She took everything from me, my home, my kingdom, and the most precious freedom every living thing owns - life. My people were quiet, honor-bound, and just happy to be alive. We were worshipers of Shor and Kyne, we sought no lands beyond what our gods gave to us, we were not a threat. So why did this newly crowned queen of death seek to destroy such a small land? What threat to her power could we possibly gather? I have asked these questions for centuries. Once you have lived as long as I have, you tend to ask the same questions in different ways, but it never helps you find an answer.

The irony is that by destroying my people and my lands, that she ended up creating what she feared the most. Her reason for destruction is simply to stamp out life in any form. It doesn't matter if it's a powerful kingdom or the moss on a tree; it must be destroyed because it lives.

But now we find new life flowing in our veins. No longer is it the passive flow of existence, but now it is the righteous wrath of creation itself. Light and life burns inside us, and instead of a simple soul, now a flame of salvation blazes wildly. Once we were meek, now we are strong. Once we were silent, now we roar. Once we sought peace, now we seek war. This isn't a war for honor, for land, or even revenge. We fight because we no longer have a choice but one: life or death?

Dragonborn, I write to you because whatever she has promised she will not keep. She takes what she wants, and she destroys what she no longer needs. You can not under estimate her power. Eris is far more then just an ordinary vampire, she has become an aspect of death itself. In time, I will explain to you what she is, but first I wish to show you that there is hope in defeating her. She probably said you had no choice, that your destiny was hers to control. It is this arrogance and pride that proves how wrong she is and how I know that you're nothing like her.

Your importance to her is unquestionable. If you do not go to her willingly, she will take you by force. I hope this letter comes to you in time, because my protection is the only sanctuary you have. I have marked a safe location for us to meet, so you have to hurry!

Without you, darkness will reign forever. Life will be erased, and death will stand as the only remaining absolute. Allow me to prove to you that from the ashes of death come the embers of life. We do have a chance. We have hope, and we have faith.

- Gavriella Corvain

Music - Globus: Preliator

Software Used: Adobe Creative Suite 6.0 - Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Premiere Pro

Forever Darkness - Ashes of Eris - Trailer 1

[video=youtube]

rslYI.png

Once I was mortal just like you...once I sought sun light instead of shadow.

Allow me to share with you, a history never told. I hear your questions, even though you do not speak them. You wonder who I was, rather then who I am now. Do not fear, these questions do not anger me. Your curiosity may still be innocent, for now.

So I'll tell you my story, and only you. Be aware that my past can not be used as a weapon against me. Instead, my past is what fuels the wrath you now share with me. My legacy has now become your destiny.

Ages ago, I was a powerful sorceress, and the eldest daughter of a High King of Skyrim. I looked much the same back then, elegant, beautiful, and feared. I was born with amber-colored eyes and hair as black as night. This was strange in a clan filled with blonde hair and blue eyes, so while my parents proclaimed it to be a sign of power, others thought it a curse. Little did they know how right they were...

My clan were worshippers of the moon, so from birth I had a affinity with the night. I do remember the warmth of the sun, but the cold light of the moon always brought me the greatest comfort. It was another sixty five full moons until I was given a sister. Her hair was blonde, much to my father's relief, but like me, she had amber eyes as well. The curse of whispered dread began anew, which my parents quickly silenced. I remember one soothsayer that said we were damned and would bring death to Skyrim. My father was quick to remove anything that threatened his power, so the man was gutted in public, and driven onto a pike for everyone to see. His corpse stayed there for over a month, and the whispers went back to the holes they crawled out of.

Despite my father's success in keeping his people tamed, I could see that those whispers tainted his heart. Not only was he denied a boy to inherit his thrown, he was given two daughters that destiny sought to marry with death. It was this poison in his soul that began it all. Perhaps if I was shown trust instead of suspicion, and love instead of fear, maybe I would be bones long turned to dust. But when it comes to destiny, as I've come to know it, it's the greatest monster of them all.

Music - Two Steps From Hell - Dark Ages

MORE VIDEOS:

Eris Voice Clip Sample 1 -

[video=youtube]

WHAT IS STILL NEEDED:

1) Talented modelers who may want to contribute new armors based on the armor mixes/mashes I'm already working on, or are willing to help repair issues with the current mashes.

2) Voice talent, voice talent, voice talent. Right now I mostly need an actress for Gavriella, but there will be other characters for download later on!

If you think you can project a voice like Hrist from Valkyrie Profile, then send me some samples of heroic lines!

Sample:

[video=youtube]

I need Gavriella to sound like a strong warrior female who leads with honor, tact, and strength. She can't sound meek, cute, etc. Gavriella is compassionate as well, so try not to imitate Hrist's arrogance, but just the tone in her voice.

3) Both Eris and Gavriella will need unique bases of operation. Perhaps not upon immediate release, but definitely for future updates. Please contact me if you're interested in making them special player homes.

4) Scripting is NOT my strong-suit, so any advice and assistance will be greatly appreciated. I already have a lot of support with this project, and everyone involved will be THROUGHLY thanked and praised.

5) Spells, skills, animations - I have ideas for making these characters truly unique with their powers and abilities. If you're talented with making spells, powers, skills, etc. - please contact me!

And that's it! Let me know what you think about the project. Endorse the teaser images so the project gets greater exposure before release. Keep an eye on the project and my profile for updates. And last but not least, let me know if you want to join Team Forever Darkness!

IMAGESHARE LINKS TO IMAGES AND TRAILERS:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/179583

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/161869

Links:

http://kayinvanderkill.deviantart.com/

http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=4424.0

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/867417-wip-the-forever-darkness-project/

Note: Armor designs will rely on permissions from original authors and are subject to change depending on concurrency of permissions from the original authors. All armors are mixes done in NifSkope and all texture work is done in Photoshop. Original authors will be throughly thanked in the description page with a lot more emphasis then just a line of text. (Think big, pretty graphics with big letters for the names...which you've already seen on this page - but better!) I'm sharing this mod because I want too, so while honest critiques are welcome, troll garbage will be ignored. Permissions will be explained upon release.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MOD WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AT SKYRIM NEXUS! LINKS TO THE MOD WILL BE PROVIDED, BUT YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE SITE TO DOWNLOAD IT! I AM USING VARIOUS ARMORS FROM A NUMBER OF ARTISTS, AND MANY OF THEM WANT THEIR WORK SHARED ONLY THROUGH THE NEXUS. I WILL NOT NEGLECT THIS REQUEST, SO NO FILE SHARING UPLOADS WILL BE ALLOWED! (LL management, I respectfully ask that you help enforce this request, even though I know LL is far more open with sharing then the Nexus. I'm just trying to be fair with the other mod authors who are helping make this project possible, thank you.)

Already seen some of the concept screenshots before. Really astonishing work but reading the comments on Youtube made me wanna go and...ah better if I keep that to myself. I just wonder if you ever get anything than complaints or shitty remarks from them, even though they have no idea what they're talking about.

Most of the youtube comments haven't been too bad, just some trolls fishing with the wrong kind of bait. That and the project has a lot of my own personal tastes involved, so it certainly won't please everyone.

I just want companion characters who you will grow to respect and genuinely find interesting. Mods like Vilja were always interesting to me because of how developed the character's personalities were. Still, I felt that something was missing, something that involves the PC character and becomes a quest for yourself as well as a quest for the companion. Would you want to help Vilja and similar companions with their personal quests? Sure, but did it really affect your player character? Was the conflict so dire that your fate depended on it as well.

In a nutshell, that's the ultimate goal of Forever Darkness - a very good story that INVOLVES new characters and your own. As a result, you grow closer to those characters because your helping yourself and them. In a way, this is much like how Dawnguard treated Serana, so the structure for this mod is very similar to DG.

Personally, much of this is also an attempt at being a good story writer. It's a test to see how well I can study the lore of a completely different universe and story and then successfully incorporate my own ideas while expanding on the original lore in a meaningful way. I realized a long time ago that DG made a mistake of not involving Lamae, mostly because her origin legend is one of the best parts of TES lore. Harkon was nothing more then a power-hungry Daedric lord lap dog. It's been done, and it's not imposing. In the world of the Dragonborn, Harkon just became another bad guy to shout into oblivion.

I'm anxiously awaiting this, I would download it for the armor alone. I just wish somewhere along the line maybe there can be an awesome male companion as well? There is only a very few unique male companions for the ladies to use, but this is a male dominate game however, so I can understand why this is. Besides that though, this story and its characters look and sound amazing, can't wait to play it. Thank you for all the hard work no matter what those youtube trolls say.

EDIT: Nevermind, read some of your youtube comments on other companions, awesome!

I'm anxiously awaiting this' date=' I would download it for the armor alone. I just wish somewhere along the line maybe there can be an awesome male companion as well? There is only a very few unique male companions for the ladies to use, but this is a male dominate game however, so I can understand why this is. Besides that though, this story and its characters look and sound amazing, can't wait to play it. Thank you for all the hard work no matter what those youtube trolls say.

EDIT: Nevermind, read some of your youtube comments on other companions, awesome!

[/quote']

1717900-1356490397.jpg

From left to right:

Cyrus Macdane, Amur Siberi, Gavriella Corvain, and Vae Camoran.

These three serve as Gavriella's inner circle (aside from you, the Dragonborn.) Eventually I hope to add them to the mod in future updates, but that's a lot more voice work and it's difficult enough with just Eris and Gavriella.

Vae will also be an option for those who side with Eris and will be her main assassin. If you choose Gavriella, then you get the version of Vae who is redeemed and now fighting against her former master.

I'm anxiously awaiting this' date=' I would download it for the armor alone. I just wish somewhere along the line maybe there can be an awesome male companion as well? There is only a very few unique male companions for the ladies to use, but this is a male dominate game however, so I can understand why this is. Besides that though, this story and its characters look and sound amazing, can't wait to play it. Thank you for all the hard work no matter what those youtube trolls say.

[/quote']

1717900-1356490397.jpg

From left to right:

These three serve as Gavriella's inner circle (aside from you, the Dragonborn.) Eventually I hope to add them to the mod in future updates, but that's a lot more voice work and it's difficult enough with just Eris and Gavriella.

Vae will also be an option for those who side with Eris and will be her main assassin. If you choose Gavriella, then you get the version of Vae who is redeemed and now fighting against her former master.

Wait...Camoran? She's not related to Mankar Camoran is she?

[/quote']

1717900-1356490397.jpg

From left to right:

Wait...Camoran? She's not related to Mankar Camoran is she?

Both Eris and Gavriella are from the First Era (both Nedic), so you might need to go back a bit further then Mankar... ;)

She is the daughter of Haymon Camoran, AKA Camoran Usurper.

Any estimated timeframe of release? Like' date=' Mid-2013, March - June, something like that? o-o

[/quote']

Late Spring, early summer. Depends a lot on the voice acting and how in-depth I want the quest line to be at release. The quest may be as simple as getting you to meet Eris or Gavriella and side with them, or possibly further then that.

Ho snap! This will be fantastic. I am always astounded by the creative geniuses that find around here.  Creative minds like your are what drive the ever evolving modding world. I really cannot wait for this to be completed.  Would love to help you but I probably wouldn't have much to contribute other than my outrageously fantastic sense of humor.  Kudos to you fine sir or madame!

*starts drooling*

Two big questions:

First, will it be possible for marriage of Eris? She seems EXTREMELY cool, for a companion. That, and vampires are sexy (& Badass) as all hell when done right.

Second, will it be possible to interact positvely (Marry / gain her as a follower) While you're a werewolf? The reason I ask this, is that in Harkon's story, at one point after you get Serana, he remarks that he can smell the scent of a werewolf on you, if you're currently one. He also said this in a very negative tone, as if despising. I'm hoping Eris will be, at first, distrusting / hateful towards you if you're a werewolf, but trust / friendship can slowly be built up via quests or, hell, maybe even werewolf specific quests with her.

Anyways, sorry if that's a lot to ask. Would just make sense if she wasn't too fond of werewolves at first.

Two big questions:

First, will it be possible for marriage of Eris? She seems EXTREMELY cool, for a companion. That, and vampires are sexy (& Badass) as all hell when done right.

Second, will it be possible to interact positvely (Marry / gain her as a follower) While you're a werewolf? The reason I ask this, is that in Harkon's story, at one point after you get Serana, he remarks that he can smell the scent of a werewolf on you, if you're currently one. He also said this in a very negative tone, as if despising. I'm hoping Eris will be, at first, distrusting / hateful towards you if you're a werewolf, but trust / friendship can slowly be built up via quests or, hell, maybe even werewolf specific quests with her.

Anyways, sorry if that's a lot to ask. Would just make sense if she wasn't too fond of werewolves at first.

Pretty sure the main characters of the mod are not marriagable. Think the creator has stated that somewhere...

Archived