Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So there is at the very least a nude model for male characters in the game...

 

The CK3 Paradox stream of the game (episode 4) had an event pop up on them; male character but naked. He was "in a compromising position" with a troupe of jugglers. Hands placed in strategic location.

 

Not necessarily a sex framework but its getting to look like the bar for a sex mod is getting lower people!

Link to post
45 minutes ago, Ozvelpoon said:

So there is at the very least a nude model for male characters in the game...

 

The CK3 Paradox stream of the game (episode 4) had an event pop up on them; male character but naked. He was "in a compromising position" with a troupe of jugglers. Hands placed in strategic location.

 

Not necessarily a sex framework but its getting to look like the bar for a sex mod is getting lower people!

Yeah we've known for a while. Though details got muddled by some confusing reports. But what we're getting is completely modeled nude bodies, except fig leaves over the genitals. Now before they added the fig leaves there was something kind of weird there which somebody mistook for a penis, but wasn't, there's no penis modeled. Some kind of ken doll situation.

Link to post
On 8/20/2020 at 8:29 AM, dewguru said:

Anyone else notice how the world map - on the left hand side, looks like a proper edge (weathered with some small tears), while the right hand side doesn't look as natural?

 

I'm hoping that it means we'll get a proper China expansion instead of DLC type interaction from CK2.

 

Of course, I could just be doing a bit of wishful thinking.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

EX6Po3lWkAEa43z?format=jpg&name=large

 

not gonna lie, i was expecting the entire world. North and south america, pacific ocean, Oceania, whole Asia and rest of Africa. Guess I'll wait until a couple of DLCs 

Link to post
10 hours ago, Rogelio11 said:

not gonna lie, i was expecting the entire world. North and south america, pacific ocean, Oceania, whole Asia and rest of Africa. Guess I'll wait until a couple of DLCs 

To be fair while all of Asia certainly could and should have a place on the ck3 map. America doesn't realy belong on it. There would be zero interaction between Eurasia and America for the entire game period making them basically seperate games which at this point might even be better since culture akd government was fairly different between america and eurasia not even speaking about sparse sources.

 

 

On the matter of tentacles they did not say it was outright impossible to do non-human models but it would be tricky to do. So we might be out of luck on that front.

In the end all will depend on how restrictive the animation system is. If the length of the animations is fairly unlimited or even just around maybe like half a minute we can do great stuff if its just like 2-5 seconds it might get trickier.

Also we will just have to wait and see how freely we can position two characters within an event window. If we can freely position them inside it doing sex animations would probably be possible since we could have on char play their part of the anim and the other the other part. If characters however are restricted in position and posture to standing in their half of the event then it might just be impossible.

I just hope we can manipulate the 3d models posture and position as freely as possible then we will have potential for some truly great mods.

Link to post
3 hours ago, tarin said:

On the matter of tentacles they did not say it was outright impossible to do non-human models but it would be tricky to do. So we might be out of luck on that front.

In the end all will depend on how restrictive the animation system is. If the length of the animations is fairly unlimited or even just around maybe like half a minute we can do great stuff if its just like 2-5 seconds it might get trickier.

I think it will really depend on whether the bone rig is hard coded. Which implying that only human characters will work unfortunately implies that they may only have their one bone rig that all animations play off of. But we'll have to see. I feel that they don't expect a lot of modders to mess with the 3d models. We'll just have to wait and see how much access they give to the animations and models/riggings.

Link to post

I gotta say, while I am looking forward to this game, I much enjoyed the tasteful art style of the event windows, especially when it came to the lewd artwork some people put in their mods.

 

*Looks at DarkWorld* Unf.

Link to post

Map looks like total shit, everything seems so cluttered and on top of each other its hard to make out whats what. 
Characters look like ass. 

I do like the religion making part, could lead to some nice RPed heresies and stuff.

Link to post

I'm interested to see what the LL community will do with CK3. I bet there will be a lot more interest in adult content for CK3 than for CK2. The possibilities seem much greater with the new character models, and the base game itself is more provocative, which will make people seek out adult mods. I've seen LL mentioned more on Reddit than ever before.

 

I really hope the community can agree on a basic and simple graphical mod for nudity + genitals, that the other mods could depend and build on. This never really emerged for CK2, unlike for Skyrim etc, and would be a great building block for new mods.

Link to post
On 8/26/2020 at 7:16 PM, banshe said:

I gotta say, while I am looking forward to this game, I much enjoyed the tasteful art style of the event windows, especially when it came to the lewd artwork some people put in their mods.

 

*Looks at DarkWorld* Unf.

 

For me, that was the part that turned me off adult modding for CK2... First off, a lot of it was hentai-style, which I dislike, and when it wasn't, it was inconsistent in art-style and all over the place. Take CaptivityEvents for Bannerlord, all the images are in a consistent art-style that tries, failry succesfully, to mimic the art-style of the game and blend in. Event windows in CK3 shouldn't look out of place with the rest of the game, which I like. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Kashked said:

 

For me, that was the part that turned me off adult modding for CK2... First off, a lot of it was hentai-style, which I dislike, and when it wasn't, it was inconsistent in art-style and all over the place. Take CaptivityEvents for Bannerlord, all the images are in a consistent art-style that tries, failry succesfully, to mimic the art-style of the game and blend in. Event windows in CK3 shouldn't look out of place with the rest of the game, which I like. 

Holy shit I thought that I was the only one that disliked the inconsistent art-style, normally I just changed it to some skyrim stuff that was laying around in my screens folder, hopefully we can use the own in-game models this time for the mod; I do love the hard work that went into the CK2 mods, but that was a turn-off for me.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Kashked said:

First off, a lot of it was hentai-style, which I dislike,

Fucking hell finally someone with good taste..

Yeah i too hate that there are so few proper Western lewd mods, not this weeb shit.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Kashked said:

 

For me, that was the part that turned me off adult modding for CK2... First off, a lot of it was hentai-style, which I dislike, and when it wasn't, it was inconsistent in art-style and all over the place. Take CaptivityEvents for Bannerlord, all the images are in a consistent art-style that tries, failry succesfully, to mimic the art-style of the game and blend in. Event windows in CK3 shouldn't look out of place with the rest of the game, which I like. 

Yee I agree I too rather dislike the inconsistent art style. In general I'd realy want to actually work with the game models and even if it were possible to add 2d static portraits I think it would be best not to since it will probably feel very out of place.

Again I hope that we can do a lot of things with the models and animations.

Link to post

As for the images I think that they make it easier to mod. If everyone has to make complex models and such to add anything it will mean less volume in mods and longer turn over time for features. So while I think it will make better quality for us to make mods with models and having good similar art styles it will result in both less mods and more work for modders.

Link to post
10 hours ago, Untolddead said:

As for the images I think that they make it easier to mod. If everyone has to make complex models and such to add anything it will mean less volume in mods and longer turn over time for features. So while I think it will make better quality for us to make mods with models and having good similar art styles it will result in both less mods and more work for modders.

I do kind of agree, though the event pictures themselves seem to just be the 3D models in various poses, which means that various event mods probably arent too difficult to make, and can incorporate whatever wonderfully degenerate clothing mods people make.

 

I wish we'd get a good lewd framework to unify the content more than in CK2. Especially now that traits are way more important than just "you have +2 stewardship, yay", having a central system that could handle body parameters, and provide a basis for sexual events, etc. I think would be very healthy for the adult modding scene for this game. Though I do fear that the scene isn't large enough for such a system to be created, as it is not absolutely needed (unlike say sexlab for skyrim) and hence there probably isnt enough incentive to create one.

Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 12:30 AM, whateverdontcare said:

Yeah we've known for a while. Though details got muddled by some confusing reports. But what we're getting is completely modeled nude bodies, except fig leaves over the genitals. Now before they added the fig leaves there was something kind of weird there which somebody mistook for a penis, but wasn't, there's no penis modeled. Some kind of ken doll situation.

No fig leaves actually. Just a ... particularly large bulge. Which I'm sure people who are used to mod bodies for Skyrim will be able to replace with a more realistic one in a few minutes if they care. There's even an unofficial importer/exporter for Blender in https://github.com/ross-g/io_pdx_mesh

 

paradox_male_body.png

Link to post
On 8/31/2020 at 7:45 PM, Untolddead said:

As for the images I think that they make it easier to mod. If everyone has to make complex models and such to add anything it will mean less volume in mods and longer turn over time for features. So while I think it will make better quality for us to make mods with models and having good similar art styles it will result in both less mods and more work for modders.

It depends on the content type. If what you need is two humans posing and doing animations in front of a backdrop, the new system should arguably be easier because it only takes one pair of models (male and female) and the animations can be shared across many different events once made, as long as the one who makes them is cool with opening them up to community use. A "base" mod including a library of animations might be a good idea.

 

On 8/31/2020 at 7:18 PM, Celedhring said:

Sooo close to release day!  3-D tentacles soon, I hope!  Chthulhu f'thagn!

 

 

It's not confirmed whether attachments (things that don't fit a human body plan so pretend to be clothes/hats/etc) can be animated yet, is it?

Link to post

If you want you can also easily get rid of the fig leaf. Either remove it from the no_clothes section in common/genes/05_genes_special_accessories_clothes.txt (lines 48+) or change it to some other mesh in gfx/portraits/accessories/clothes.txt (lines 12+ for women, 641+ for men).

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...