CK2 is my favorite PDX game and I'm pretty stoked about it (although I was hoping for a character-focused fantasy GSG initially). Inevitable lack of previous content aside, a Crusader Kings with a modern look and less "hacked together" is an oppurtunity for some great things.

2 hours ago, Moprop said:

I'm relieved. Soon I can finally stop buying DLCs for CK2. I have no real interest in jumping on the next game.

Soon you will start to buy DLC for CK3 :)

3D model, have a great potential for modding 

It looks good, but it depends on if they half arsed it like they did with Imperator: Rome. IR lacked a lot of the core features and was barely enough to qualify as a game. I think PDox is relying upon their DLC model to not include features.

i gonna pirate this util is good, the only company that almost recommends that, then i will purchase, im not paying 500$ in total for a game, i looks beyond nice tho, but is paradox so it will be undercooked as hell, i just hope we can see the armor equiped this time, and maybe animated events, so the modders can have a field day there, bannerlord and ck3, this will be a nice year

22 minutes ago, Algen said:

i gonna pirate this util is good, the only company that almost recommends that, then i will purchase, im not paying 500$ in total for a game, i looks beyond nice tho, but is paradox so it will be undercooked as hell, i just hope we can see the armor equiped this time, and maybe animated events, so the modders can have a field day there, bannerlord and ck3, this will be a nice year

Animated items are really only useful if you've modders that deal with animations in the game.

Portions of it remind me of parts of Stellaris, which in my opinion hasn't been as friendly in making mods as CK2. Granted, I've not played Stellaris in about a year, so there may have been a leap in mods that I'm not familiar with.

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

CK3 likely gets released barebones and slowly fleshed out over time.  I'll get CK3 unless reviews are truly terrible.   And CK3 better be 64 bit.

The new update for CK2 that came out today moved it to a 64bit framework, so odds are CK3 will be as well.

From the patch notes for today's update:

CK2 is now running on a 64-bit architecture, 32-bit systems are thus no longer supported.

18 hours ago, Priest Kitty said:

It'll be barebones for 5 years until they pump out their 60+ DLCs. Furthermore, they've apparently removed the phrase "Deus Vult". From a game, set in the time period of the Crusades. Because it might offend some people. A game set in the Dark Ages being censored, because it might offend people. A game where you can kill babies, execute endless commoners and eat people, is having the Latin phrase "Deus Vult", God Wills It, censored because it might offend. While "Allahu Ackbar" is still in.

I'm not feeling optimistic about the state of the game if they feel like they need to make things less offensive. That's a big red flag to me that even they're not confident about the game's reception on release.

I think that would be a genius marketing move, upsetting the alt-right racist/fascist garbage so they abstain from this game. Letting the rest of us enjoy it even more.

I see zb is another of those sheep. There's a certain level of self respect a game needs to have to have actual integrity. The fact something like that was removed is just arbitary, especially when no other religion was butchered. I'm not even religious in the slightest, but why is it Christians and Catholics get a big target painted on their head, and not the rest of these idiots?

1 hour ago, Mirrond said:

I expect modders to make mods fixing that... only to get banned for that like the mod spliting humanity in Stellaris alongside the racial differences. Sigh.

Ah yes, screaming at 'fascist garbage' while supporting censorship to suppress opposite worldviews. Just like fascists did. That this degree of contradicting beliefs doesn't cause you to explode is a mystery to me. 

I think you misunderstand what is happening. There's no censorship going on at all. It's just a bunch of left-leaning Swedish game developers deciding what kind of content they want to have in their own game, which imho is perfectly within their rights. Now a bunch of alt-right special snowflakes got triggered because they see their safe space is shrinking. Just check out their whining going on in the latest ck2 reviews on steam, lol. Delicious tears.

5 minutes ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I see zb is another of those sheep. There's a certain level of self respect a game needs to have to have actual integrity. The fact something like that was removed is just arbitary, especially when no other religion was butchered. I'm not even religious in the slightest, but why is it Christians and Catholics get a big target painted on their head, and not the rest of these idiots?

It's not so much about religion, but more about the white supremacy idealogy that coopted that latin phrase and at the moment it's the most dangerous terrorist movement in the western world. So I think it's good if a game company doesn't want to provide a platform for those idiots and instead chooses to send a clear signal of what they believe is acceptable.

11 minutes ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Because Christians and Catholics are the most tolerant out of the modern formal religions and roll over when confronted.

8 minutes ago, zb123thecat said:

I think you misunderstand what is happening. There's no censorship going on at all. It's just a bunch of left-leaning Swedish game developers deciding what kind of content they want to have in their own game, which imho is perfectly within their rights. Now a bunch of alt-right special snowflakes got triggered because they see their safe space is shrinking. Just check out their whining going on in the latest ck2 reviews on steam, lol. Delicious tears.

It's not so much about religion, but more about the white supremacy idealogy that coopted that latin phrase and at the moment it's the most dangerous terrorist movement in the western world. So I think it's good if a game company doesn't want to provide a platform for those idiots and instead chooses to send a clear signal of what they believe is acceptable.

When they remove a phrase they self censored. Your circular reasoning is amazing. I see you throw around alt-right and insulting this imaginary group by acting like a special snowflake yourself. Yes, everyone is in the alt-right and are fascists in your worldview. No one is a history buff and is bothered by the removal of something historical due to censorship from the SJW children in your worldview. The thing is zb is that there are more normal people then there are SJW Marxists and they spend money on products they like. SJWs not so much. In fact, when companies appeal to this very vocal minority at the expense of regular customers they lose billions of dollars in doing so. SJWs don't buy products.

Yes, everything is white supremacy. /rolls eyes. By accusing others of this and pointing a finger at them shows that there are three pointing back at you. SJWs are the real racists and it's a documented fact. In a recent study, social scientists found that liberals are more condescending towards minorities while thinking they are unintelligent. They slow down their speech and use simpler words. They also hold this belief that minorities cannot do things without their help. They oppose voter ID laws because they honestly think minorities cannot get a drivers license or other form of government ID. It's called bigotry of low expectations.

This ends my participation in this particular discussion.