Pose Converter - 0.89.i (10/30/2014)

Pose Converter 0.76 Beta

Pose Converter is a suite of Blender tools designed to simplify and automate many animation related tasks.  This update simplifies and streamlines the process of converting animations from one game or armature to another. At things currently stand, if you can port an animation and its armature into Blender, you can port it to any other armature with a vaguely similar structure.

Features:

1. Automatically copy whole or partial animations from one skeleton to another.  This allows you to quickly and easily merge, modify, port, and update your animations.

1.a. Automated compensation for differences in bone bind orientation: This radically simplifies the process of porting animations from one armature to another.

1.b. Automatically convert animations between different creature types, or between creatures and humans.

1.c. Automatically convert animations between different games...if you can import it into Blender, you can convert it.

2. 1-Click button to freely convert Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion meshes between Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion bind positions

3. Automatic BB generation has been improved. The X, Y, and Z orientation are no longer relative to the bind position of the bones. This means that it is much easier to get consistent results from the settings.

4. Modify the magnitude of any movement, rotation, or scale animations, by bone and frame.

5. Set bone priorities to all bones in an animation

6. Automatically add B4 (BBB) Breast animation to Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion Animations

7. Automatically add B4 (BB) Buttock animation to Skyrim and Oblivion Animations

8. Automatically add B4 (BBB) style motion to any bone on any armature

9. Rotate Oblivion animations (movement and/or direction) - Fixes the 90 degree import bug and simplifies the creation of left, right, forwards, backwards animation groups.

10. Automatically update Anim text keys for Oblivion animations

11. Automatically add facial expressions to Oblivion animations

12. Automatically repair breast scaling distortion when using Growlf's controllable skeleton.

12.a. Improved repair of breast scaling distortion. Requires Lovers Animation Workshop Skeleton Mark II

Using the Tool

Converting Animations between Armatures

(ie, from Oblivion to Fallout, from an NPC to a creature, etc)

1. First import the animation and the native skeleton into Blender. So if you are porting an Oblivion Animation to Fallout, import the Oblivion animation and the Oblivion skeleton in this step.

2. Run Pose Converter 0.73.

3. The menu you see will have different options depending on the type of armature. "Save Animation" will only appear if an animation is detected

3.a. Click Save Animation

4. If you like, you can specify individual bones and frames for export.

5. Give the animation a meaningful name. You'll be seeing it again.

Start a new Blender workspace

0. Optional: Import a body mesh and delete the imported partial skeleton.

1. Import the skeleton that you will be converting the animation into. So if you are porting an Oblivion Animation to Fallout, import the Fallout skeleton in this step.

1.a. Note: this skeleton MUST be named skeleton.nif or a whole lot of ugly will happen

1.b. Do not import an animation at this time.

2. Run Pose Converter 0.73.

3. This time click on "Load Animation"

4. Select the animation from the list

5. Select the bone animations and frames that you wish to import. You may also offset the frame, if you like.

6. Customize the generated bone map, if you like

Notes on the Bone Map Menu:

If any of the bone names don't match, you will now see the Bone Map menu. This menu is a bit odd and requires some explanation. It contains a list of all of the bones in the armature, and all of the bones in the animation, paired together in a side by side columns.

'Current Bones' are the bones found in the armature

'Animation Bones' are the bones found in the animation

The bone lists are divided into two main sections. The fist section contains all of the bones that Pose Converter *thinks* are appropriate matches. The second section contains all of the bones that Pose Converter couldn't decide what to do with.

To change the match assignments, just click on a bone from the one of the 'Current Bones' and then click on one of the 'Animation Bones'. They will now be paired together.

To save yourself pain and misery, I added the ability to save and load Bone assignments. Just click the 'Save' button to save your existing configuration or 'Load' to load an existing one.

7. The last menu is "Adjust Bind Rotation For Selected Bones". Select any bones that you wish to adjust.

Notes on the Bind Rotation Ajustment:

This algorithm will automatically modify the animation of the selected bones to compensate for differences in their base bind orientation. Depending on the bone, this can either be a very good thing or a very bad thing. In general, calves, thighs, upper arms, forearms, hands, and fingers are good candidates. Results with other bones will vary.

Adding Bouncing Breasts, Buttocks, or any other bone

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/c2c89080dcee7a0394147a8ccbfacbf96089e55359167630ea061988e6e3c08a3g.jpg

As you can see, the number of control settings for modifying BB Butts animations and BB Breasts animations has grown to absurd levels. But it does a damn fine job if you tweak the settings a bit.

Explanation of Options

Each column controls a single bone.

Move

Enable this to modify the animations for the given bone. Disable this to leave them unmodified. Note: All other options for the bone will be hidden when "Move" is disabled.

Main Bounce

This determines the total number of primary bounces (the large movement) in the animation for the specified bone.

Note: The tool has two modes, harmonic motion and static position.

Set Main Bounce to 0 to use static positioning for the specified bone. For all other settings, the bone will be given harmonic-style motion (pendulum swing, spring jiggle, etc).

Jiggle Bounce

This determines the total number of jiggle bounces. These are small secondary bounces that do not affect the primary movement. Instead they impart a small fleshy jiggle.

Damping

This determines the degree of harmonic damping. With a high damping, the breast movement and jiggles will decrease towards the end of the bounce.

Amplitude

This sets the degree of movement along the X, Y, and Z bone axes

Frequency Multiplier

This increases the frequency of bounce for the X, Y, and Z bone axes, independent of the main bounce. This can be useful for producing, among other things, smooth pendulous swings.

Angle Offset

This allows you to independently shift the start angle in units of pi for the X, Y, and Z bone axes.

Jiggle Amplitude

This increases the jiggle movement along the X, Y, and Z bone axes

Frame Offset

This shifts the angle = 0 condition of the specified bone animation by the specified number of frames. Note: sin() is used to generate the primary amplitude, so amplitude in all directions will be 0 at the Frame Offset frame.

Frames

The total number of frames to generate for the animation.

Recommended tweaks:

To generate a L/R swinging motion, set the Z frequency multiplier to double that of the X.

In order to generate L/R symmetrical animations, the Left Y amplitude generally needs to be set to the negative of the value of the R Y amplitude.

Using the Copy Animations tool

This one requires a bit of explanation. This feature allows you to copy bone animations from any Oblivion animation to any other Oblivion animation. It works in two stages.

Stage one.

1. Import the source animation.

2. Select the skeleton

3. Run the Pose Converter and select 'Copy Animations'

You will see two options, Load Animation and Save Animation

4. Select "Save Animation" and click "Done"

You will be presented with a list of every bone with a keyframe in this animation.

5. Select any bones whose movement you want to copy and hit Done. Note, to quickly select all of the bones, click "Select All".

6. Choose an existing save to over write or select "New Save" to generate a new saved animation.

6.a. If you selected "New Save", enter a name for your new animation

7. The selected bone animation has now been saved to an external file and can be copied into another animation at any time.

Stage two.

1. Import the animation that you want to modify.

2. Select the skeleton

3. Run the Pose Converter and select 'Copy Animations'

You will see two options, Load Animation and Save Animation

4. Select "Load Animation" and click "Done"

You will be presented with a list of previously saved animations.

6. Select the animation that you want to copy into your animation.

6.a. If you want to import the anim keys in addition to the bone movements, ensure that "Import Text Keys" is enabled

7. Click done.

I'm in the process of writing instructions now, so please feel free to post any questions, feedback, suggestions, etc.

Changelog

Changes from Pose Converter .074G to 0.76

1. Added new tool called 'Generate Interpolation Frames'

This is an experimental algorithm that attempts to generate smooth rotation keyframes between the selected frames.  This should greatly simplify the process of combining or merging keyframes from different animations (i.e. converting LoversPK animations to Sexout animations)

2. Increased the options for BB animations for Fallout skeletons

3. Fixed a bug in the rotation tool

4. Made a number of other tweaks and relatively minor bugfixes here and there.

Changes from .074f to 0.74g

1. BB Animation control has been improved in several ways.

BB Animations are now controlled entirely via world-space coordinates, rather than bonespace coordinates.  What this means, is that if you adjust, for example, the Z axis on the BB animation generator, it will modify the Z axis relative to the Blender scene (the view that you get when you hit the numpad End button)  

In the case of movement and scale, this is nice and straightforward...increase the Z amplitude, and the bone will move further up and down per bounce.

In the case of rotations, the axis determines the axis of rotation. X axis rotates on the Y/Z plane, Y axis rotates on the X/Z plane, and Z axis rotates on the X/Y plane.

BB motion now uses cosine rather than sine.  Since Cos(0) is 1 (maximum bounce), this should make it easier to more accurately select the proper frame offset to place the max bounce exactly where you want it.

Please let me know if this adjustment makes things easier...or tougher.

2. Rotate Pose has been repaired.  You can now rotate the orientation and/or movement of the Bip01 and/or Bip01 Non-Accum bones by an arbitrary angle.

3. Several modules had been returning a 'testList' not found error message.  This has been resolved.

The included Anim_BB_test file shows off some of the new animation possibilities with the adjusted BB animation system.  I've also included the settings files for these two animations, BBBreastBreast_Test and BBButtockButtockTest in the download package.

Changes from 0.74 Dev to 0.74.F Dev

1. BB Animation control has been improved in several ways.

BB Animations are now controlled entirely via world-space coordinates, rather than bonespace coordinates.  What this means, is that if you adjust, for example, the Z axis on the BB animation generator, it will modify the Z axis relative to the Blender scene (the view that you get when you hit the numpad End button)  

In the case of movement and scale, this is nice and straightforward...increase the Z amplitude, and the bone will move further up and down per cycle.

In the case of rotations, the axis determines the axis of rotation. X axis rotates on the Y/Z plane, Y axis rotates on the X/Z plane, and Z axis rotates on the X/Y plane.

BB motion now uses cosine rather than sine.  Since Cos(0) is 1 (maximum bounce), this should make it easier to more accurately select the proper frame offset to place the max bounce exactly where you want it.

Please let me know if this adjustment makes things easier...or tougher.

2. Rotate Pose has been repaired.  You can now rotate the orientation and/or movement of the Bip01 and/or Bip01 Non-Accum bones by an arbitrary angle.

3. Several modules had been returning a 'testList' not found error message.  This has been resolved.

The included Anim_BB_test file shows off some of the new animation possibilities with the adjusted BB animation system.  I've also included the settings files for these two animations, BBBreastBreast_Test and BBButtockButtockTest in the download package.

Changes from 0.73 to 0.74 Dev:

1. Loc keyframes no longer cause distortions when converting animations between armatures. This should streamline the process of porting animations between armatures, as well as significantly improve the quality of ported animations.

0.62 to 0.73

1.  Automated compensation for differences in bone bind orientation added

2. Ability to convert Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion meshes between Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion bind positions added

3. BB Generation has been improved

4. Anim text field cleaning has been improved

0.61 to 0.62

1. Compatibility with Lovers Skeleton Mark I has been added.

0.60 to 0.61

1. Python error when using Modify Animation has been resolved

2. Interface for Correct Scale has been improved

0.49 to 0.6

1. User interface has been updated

2. Automated BB animator now includes additional mirroring and inverse mirroring options.

3. Scale multiplier has been modified for automated BB animator to allow for greater precision and control

4. Automated breast scale correction tool has been added

5. Rotate pose now allows for rotation through an arbitrary angle

Note: Configuration files and saved animations from prior versions may no longer be compatbile.

Standalone Version: 0.89.i

Pose Converter 0.89.e Tools RC_89.e.7z

Blender Version:

Pose Converter 0.76: pose_converter_76.7z

Old Versions

Legacy Version 0.73

Pose Converter v.0.73.7z

Edited by gerra6

I have no idea if or when I'll be able to play with this myself' date=' but thanks in advance for all the awesome stuff people are going to make with it!

[/quote']

Oh, I bet you won't be able to resist once I add a the tool for modifying Growlf's re-sizing animations to the package.

Are there any plans to enable skyrim to oblivion pose conversion (conversion of the default pose of armors/clothes)? I know you can already do oblivion to skyrim.

At the moment, the pose converter should convert Oblivion weighted bodies between the two poses going either direction.

I'll be adding support for Fallout and Skyrim weighted meshes either in the next release or the one after. The problem that I'm having so far is that different Skyrim skeletons appear to require different settings to properly convert their poses.

So far, I haven't yet figured out why this is happening, or what to do about it.

Yes' date=' that is on his "to do" list. However, his list is rather long....:P

[/quote']

Too true. And I may be putting all of my projects on temporary hold sometime in the near future to focus on helping out the Blender Nifscripts project.

Yes' date=' that is on his "to do" list. However, his list is rather long....:P

[/quote']

Too true. And I may be putting all of my projects on temporary hold sometime in the near future to focus on helping out the Blender Nifscripts project.

That certainly would be a long term help to the community at large. Improving that helps in tons of ways!!!!

Pose Converter 0.61 has been released

Well that was fast....:P

Yeah...I'll have another one up shortly.

I've finally come up with a working solution to the distortion with the Growlf's re-sizing mod.

Of course, it involves adding four more bones to the Growlf controllable skeleton, but I suppose we can't have everything.

BTW...as long as I'm throwing bones onto skeletons willy nilly, any bones that you want. Should I add male organ bones, for example?

BTW...as long as I'm throwing bones onto skeletons willy nilly' date=' any bones that you want. Should I add male organ bones, for example[/quote']

Yes!

I'd also ditch the unused bones. The eight extra tails et al! Has ANYONE ever seen them used? It makes the skeleton miles easier to work with.

I intend to produce my own minimal version of course when you release it.

I intend to produce my own minimal version of course when you release it.

The best approach might be to create a couple of stripped down modders resource versions and one everything but the kitchen sink version for maximum compatibility.

Growlf himself says in his release thread on Nexus that he has NEVER seen a mesh or animation that uses half of the bones. On some days' date=' I wonder if some of those bones were meant as a joke. (grin)

[/quote']

Hehe , I have used the Tail Bones , when animating the Springy things in ZaZ Stocks and the Horse Rides Ya :P

Yea it may have been a bit too much , But it never hurts to have em ;)

Cheers

Really? Haven't tested ZAZStocks with my cut down skeleton yet. Have to see what the damage is and what I need to de-cull. Can you remember the names? (I'll have a look if you can't).

EDIT: Just visually checked an animation kf. That's depressing!

It does hurt some. Many people have complained that the mass of bones makes Blender (for one) more difficult to animate with.

Gerra6,

I finally gave 0.62 a spin and while it was a little bit startling to see the new layout, I must say I really like it better. Once I figured out the new layout I think it makes a whole lot more sense and is easier to work with.

I confess I just installed 0.62 today and had been using the alpha 1.90 all this time. I was on a roll animating and comfortable using the alpha, so I was reluctant to switch.

Thanks for all your work on this!

Gerra6' date='

I finally gave 0.62 a spin and while it was a little bit startling to see the new layout, I must say I really like it better. Once I figured out the new layout I think it makes a whole lot more sense and is easier to work with.

I confess I just installed 0.62 today and had been using the alpha 1.90 all this time. I was on a roll animating and comfortable using the alpha, so I was reluctant to switch.

Thanks for all your work on this!

[/quote']

I'm glad you like the new layout.

As you may have discovered, the new structure isn't compatible with old config files from the previous version. Sorry about that.

One other thing that you may notice...amplitude amounts should be considerably larger to achieve the same effect when compared to the earlier versions.

As always, let me know if there are any features or layout changes that would be helpful.

I'm glad you like the new layout.

As you may have discovered' date=' the new structure isn't compatible with old config files from the previous version. Sorry about that.

[/quote']

No biggie. I am used to starting with a clean slate. Sometimes it is better anyways.

One other thing that you may notice...amplitude amounts should be considerably larger to achieve the same effect when compared to the earlier versions.

As always' date=' let me know if there are any features or layout changes that would be helpful.

[/quote']

That I noticed right off the bat as I plugged in my "usual" settings and went "whaaaaat?" :P

I actually like this now as it feels like it is more precise and controllable.

So far the script has more features than I will be able to get to in a month. I am trying to force myself to stick to the task at hand (animating) so that I can muscle through these and get other items on my to do list. :s

Excellent tool as always! Thanks!

Looks awesome, i'm going to try something with some non-bbb animations I got here.

It is possible to use this in other non-related oblivion animated skeletons? Just wondering.

It should work.  I believe that the current live beta will attempt to automatically detect the skeleton type and any existing animations and only present compatible options.  

As far as bb motion is concerned, that can be added to any bone, on any armature, regardless of type.

gerra6, on 02 Feb 2013 - 08:43, said:

It should work. I believe that the current live beta will attempt to automatically detect the skeleton type and any existing animations and only present compatible options.

As far as bb motion is concerned, that can be added to any bone, on any armature, regardless of type.

Thanks bro! I will give it a shot.