Jump to content
Kickinit09

[Beta] Barbarous Continent

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Tr_veller said:

I've managed to start the quest by going straight to room and unlocking the door via the console, but the 2nd time you meet the guard (start of your 1st day) it sits in a permanent loading screen.

  Yes You and I have something not doing right there, I know I get the same hang up..

Link to post
2 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

I've managed to start the quest by going straight to room and unlocking the door via the console, but the 2nd time you meet the guard (start of your 1st day) it sits in a permanent loading screen.

I decided to do the unlock on the room.  I was able to finish the quest and get released by starting it that way, but I saved each time I was returned to the cell. On being returned to my cell. I know it hung up when leaving the dancing scenario and it also hung up on me when leaving the counting scenario, and once when leaving the Guard toy scenario.

 

but reloading, and trying the sleep again eventually got me through it.

 

So the loading screen hang up does not happen every time there for me, but it did hang about 3 times.. have no idea why.. I may google a little on that.

 

So far it has happened every time I try to initiate the quest properly though by going broke, and telling the teller I could not pay.

 

EDIT >> A global variable option to lengthen or shorten the animations could be a nice addition.  I do not thing the approach scenario's need any longer span though.

Link to post
1 hour ago, galgat said:

I decided to do the unlock on the room.  I was able to finish the quest and get released by starting it that way, but I saved each time I was returned to the cell. On being returned to my cell. I know it hung up when leaving the dancing scenario and it also hung up on me when leaving the counting scenario, and once when leaving the Guard toy scenario.

 

but reloading, and trying the sleep again eventually got me through it.

 

So the loading screen hang up does not happen every time there for me, but it did hang about 3 times.. have no idea why.. I may google a little on that.

 

So far it has happened every time I try to initiate the quest properly though by going broke, and telling the teller I could not pay.

 

EDIT >> A global variable option to lengthen or shorten the animations could be a nice addition.  I do not thing the approach scenario's need any longer span though.

A reload did actually get me to the 1st job, but then... lock-up when fading to black to go to the cell again

Link to post
2 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

A reload did actually get me to the 1st job, but then... lock-up when fading to black to go to the cell again

yeah I prodded the internet for anything and only thing kept coming up mostly would be messing with the timescale caused problem's, but I have never messed with that, and I checked, and my time scale is 20, which is default. But the time scale thing was mostly people having trouble fast traveling. I have no problem with that.

 

  I don't have and SSD so it could just be a latency failure on Beth part.  Not that beth ever released anything that was buggy 🤫

 

My guess is something triggering, and missing probably due to my system being just a little older.  a possible "Utility.Wait(1)" or 2 sec might help at some location really hard to say as it does not happen every time.

 

EDIT >> anyway they are some nice jobs that you are put through for failing the loan pay off.. it is a sort of fun event.

 

OH! Cheating and unlocking the door the only failure I incurred was when they attempted to return me to my cell. as you said

 

the legitimate entry talking to the teller and telling her I could not pay, seemed to always fail when the guard leads me to the middle of the room.

 

Edit >> That might have something to do with the equipping, and removal of the I assume DDI Items if they are used I would have to look at that again, or the bound animation used I guess to might make the moveto testy.

 

  As I have never reached the cell that way I do not know if they are removed during transport or after.

Link to post

Question are you calling for specific animations?  Can't drink milk as a Cat (on the ship) I have atomic lust just not the latest, I do not use bodytalk nor FG it's a long story. I also cannot proceed from the cell if I become a slave.  Missing animations plus I get stuck being "busy" and so I end up having to reload from a previous ship save.

Only other things that I noticed is that some hatches on the ship are intractable, but do nothing.  It took me a few circles of the top side of the ship before I realized that the NPC at the back of the ship is standing on a hatch labeled as 'ship'.  I found the old senile man inside the ship to be funny especially if you take the top yes option right away "What that worked? I mean" LOL.  Oh and when you are in the apartments (on the island) nothing is considered stealing.  I could loot the everything unless I missed an area or building.  More clutter would be nice.  There are weird circles in the apartments with a large needle in the center pointing up.  


 

Link to post

I don't know if this has been reported yet, or if it's just a conflict on my end... I got hired on as a whore, worked my first shift and then left. The next three times I reported for work, I used the mirror(got dressed) and once I walked around the corner by the receptionist dude I got the notification that my shift was done. No customers spawned, so I walked back to the mirror, dressed out and collected my pay.  

Link to post
1 hour ago, GoldenRain said:

Question are you calling for specific animations?  Can't drink milk as a Cat (on the ship) I have atomic lust just not the latest, I do not use bodytalk nor FG it's a long story. I also cannot proceed from the cell if I become a slave.  Missing animations plus I get stuck being "busy" and so I end up having to reload from a previous ship save.

Only other things that I noticed is that some hatches on the ship are intractable, but do nothing.  It took me a few circles of the top side of the ship before I realized that the NPC at the back of the ship is standing on a hatch labeled as 'ship'.  I found the old senile man inside the ship to be funny especially if you take the top yes option right away "What that worked? I mean" LOL.  Oh and when you are in the apartments (on the island) nothing is considered stealing.  I could loot the everything unless I missed an area or building.  More clutter would be nice.  There are weird circles in the apartments with a large needle in the center pointing up.  


 

What version are you using? If you are using the original version then the animation call for that scene and many others is broken. If you are using the most up to date version are you running One Patch? I use a tag there called "F_F" that basically just grabs any available lesbian animation. 95+% of lesbian animations come from One Patch making Male/Female animations playable as Female/Female+strapon.

34 minutes ago, HowlerMonkee said:

I don't know if this has been reported yet, or if it's just a conflict on my end... I got hired on as a whore, worked my first shift and then left. The next three times I reported for work, I used the mirror(got dressed) and once I walked around the corner by the receptionist dude I got the notification that my shift was done. No customers spawned, so I walked back to the mirror, dressed out and collected my pay.  

Thank you for the report, was about to upload a new version and was able to fix this bug before I uploaded it.

 

updated download link with some more bugfixes.

 

fixed CTD some people where experiencing with some of the casino scenes

fixed brook scene for real

fixed issue with whore job after first day

fixed issues with bounty hunter quest not registering you were free from the cave

fixed navmesh around mansion door (experimental outfit quest)

fixed some dialogue not being skippable

few other minor changes

Link to post
1 hour ago, HowlerMonkee said:

I don't know if this has been reported yet, or if it's just a conflict on my end... I got hired on as a whore, worked my first shift and then left. The next three times I reported for work, I used the mirror(got dressed) and once I walked around the corner by the receptionist dude I got the notification that my shift was done. No customers spawned, so I walked back to the mirror, dressed out and collected my pay.  

I have had this one too, I forgot to mention it, been looking at other little things

Link to post

The Casino 'employment' teleport now works

 

A few observations about the time employed:

As a waitress you don't differentiate between male and female clients, so changing the text would help

If you refuse to serve someone's order and get drugged (twice) so you're basically horny; only the 1st person you have sex with will do so not matter which client you speak to

If you pick a 4th client while the floor boss is walking over, the animation and teleport clash and you end up with the camera in the cell and you nowhere to be seen. Only a reload sorted that out

 

 

Link to post

Note for self: Always test with a new visit to the island... clearly portions of previous attempts linger and muck things up

 

Experimental outfit. More success with walking to the door: you DO walk to the door now. However, you still draw your weapon and keep it drawn inside while talking to the house maid

 

Getting stuck with the animation after the downstairs cleaning at the moment.

Link to post

You missed letting us know about playing with the cat in the Pet shop :D

 

That's a fun little diversion if you get all apologetic! Slight issue with the animations and I really don't know if it's me, but after the Pimp meeting if you are in 3rd person after you teleport you're characters locks up and drifts off across the screen. If you're in 1st person the next scene works.

You might want to NOT use  the nearby bed as it's invariably occupied at night and it messes up the animation.

 

 

Nice touch though!

Link to post

Tested it for a while, was expecting a lot of bugs/crashes from beta - found none. Solid work.

So far only several things pop to my mind:

 

  • Outfits - maybe replace them with "rings" / other accessories for a job? So it's still possible to wear mod outfits for those who want to, but if it's not working properly (I got some clipping) or people aren't into them - they aren't forced to
  • Scenes duration. Maybe make it MCM configurable? Or may be there's a variable for that (so changing it would increase/decrease scenes duration). Right now it's like - just loaded in, almost immediately loads out

 

EDIT

 

Tested some more stuff I found. Here are the things which were broken (incomplete?) for me:

 

  • Bartender event: if I kill the prisoner (choice to fight) - nothing happens, looks like a dead end
  • VR: killed the boss - nothing happens
  • Mansion - if I ask how does it work, the dialogue ends without anything else. The NPC inside also only speaks the first line about welcoming and nothing happens after
Link to post
10 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

The Casino 'employment' teleport now works

 

A few observations about the time employed:

As a waitress you don't differentiate between male and female clients, so changing the text would help

If you refuse to serve someone's order and get drugged (twice) so you're basically horny; only the 1st person you have sex with will do so not matter which client you speak to

If you pick a 4th client while the floor boss is walking over, the animation and teleport clash and you end up with the camera in the cell and you nowhere to be seen. Only a reload sorted that out

 

 

Glad its working, I'll look to fix those issues.

9 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

Note for self: Always test with a new visit to the island... clearly portions of previous attempts linger and muck things up

 

Experimental outfit. More success with walking to the door: you DO walk to the door now. However, you still draw your weapon and keep it drawn inside while talking to the house maid

 

Getting stuck with the animation after the downstairs cleaning at the moment.

Don't know why the gun keeps getting pulled, I had hoped that bug would go away if a fixed the path a bit. Were you able to get past getting stuck? Did you try cleaning the pile by the door last? I think the other maid can potentially block you in if you clean the messes by the stairs last, I will fix it by moving her out after her dialogue.

6 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

You missed letting us know about playing with the cat in the Pet shop :D

 

That's a fun little diversion if you get all apologetic! Slight issue with the animations and I really don't know if it's me, but after the Pimp meeting if you are in 3rd person after you teleport you're characters locks up and drifts off across the screen. If you're in 1st person the next scene works.

You might want to NOT use  the nearby bed as it's invariably occupied at night and it messes up the animation.

 

 

Nice touch though!

I believe I did mention the pet shop under events, but ya I didn't go into detail. Thanks for letting me know about the bed thing, I'll get that fixed. The 1st person 3rd person thing sounds like a one off unless you tried it a couple times.

4 hours ago, MitchJones said:

Very fun mod, the good quality reminds me of Thief mod from Skyrim. Good job

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dellecross said:

Tested it for a while, was expecting a lot of bugs/crashes from beta - found none. Solid work.

So far only several things pop to my mind:

 

  • Outfits - maybe replace them with "rings" / other accessories for a job? So it's still possible to wear mod outfits for those who want to, but if it's not working properly (I got some clipping) or people aren't into them - they aren't forced to
  • Scenes duration. Maybe make it MCM configurable? Or may be there's a variable for that (so changing it would increase/decrease scenes duration). Right now it's like - just loaded in, almost immediately loads out

 

EDIT

 

Tested some more stuff I found. Here are the things which were broken (incomplete?) for me:

 

  • Bartender event: if I kill the prisoner (choice to fight) - nothing happens, looks like a dead end
  • VR: killed the boss - nothing happens
  • Mansion - if I ask how does it work, the dialogue ends without anything else. The NPC inside also only speaks the first line about welcoming and nothing happens after

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the reports on the VR boss and blackbeard fights, a couple people have mentioned those now, I'll look into it. As for the mansion you speak of I'm assuming your talking about the atomic manor gameshow (satellite building) which is not yet implemented. 

Link to post
25 minutes ago, Kickinit09 said:

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the reports on the VR boss and blackbeard fights, a couple people have mentioned those now, I'll look into it. As for the mansion you speak of I'm assuming your talking about the atomic manor gameshow (satellite building) which is not yet implemented. 

Thanks for taking it to consideration!

 

Is there any way to change the scenes duration? Some mods have stuff like "SomethingSomethingDuration" variable so then even if there's no MCM support (yet or not planned at all) it's still possible to control the variable via console. I tried to find that in your mod but to no avail (tried to search by BCT wildcard)

 

EDIT

More testing;

 

Event with the costume starts just fine, but after cleaning the room (3 "messes") although the dialogue starts just fine - afterwords there's nothing happening and the controls are locked. If I release the controls like you describe in the main post and go upstairs - there are "messes" there in the room but they can't be activated.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

Thanks for taking it to consideration!

 

Is there any way to change the scenes duration? Some mods have stuff like "SomethingSomethingDuration" so then even if there's no MCM support (yet or not planned at all) it's still possible to control the variable via console. I tried to find that in your mod but to no avail.

Ya there's no way to change the scene duration right now and I don't have an MCM atm but its a good suggestion, I'll work on it. The timers for most of my scenes are hardcoded, with most being around 30 seconds. I think I could implement something like what you said using the console for most, but some scenes have to be the time that they are to match the timing of the overall event they are used in.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Kickinit09 said:

but some scenes have to be the time that they are to match the timing of the overall event they are used in.

Sure thing, if there are some conditions to be met or sequence of events - that's way easier to handle with static scene time. 30 seconds? It now makes sense. I have quite a lot of mods so loading/unloading a scene takes together maybe 7-10 seconds which is why I felt like the scene ends mid-way (especially because I have anims installed which even 1 cycle are around 30 seconds or more)

 

An example mod that has this thing is "Sexual Harassment" - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5487-sexual-harassment-1092018/

they actually have it in MCM but MCM is quite limited in min-max values so I always use console and setting the variable myself.

 

EDIT

Was doing the bondage shop quest. First day is just fine, but on the second day the last customer dialogue get the game to hard-freeze. Reproducible. The freeze happens when after they say about testing it on the player character.

 

Link to post
On 10/19/2019 at 9:13 AM, vaultbait said:

That mod has a major bug where it doesn't show any of the player lines, only the NPC lines. Sadly, it seems to have been abandoned by its author shortly after uploading. Until they reappear to fix that bug or to hand over permission for someone else to work on it, I recommend just living with some dialogue being unskippable:

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39848?tab=bugs

yeah, for me, it wasnt even showing half of the npc lines, havent tried with it disabled, been busy as hell the last couple days, but am about to be trying it in a few minutes

Link to post

Finally got around to trying this out, have really only just started. One cosmetic issue I saw that I don't recall anyone mentioning yet... on the ship, up on deck, the debris that's presumably supposed to be floating in the water was floating up in the air instead.

 

LMAO at "Old Greg" (Boosh!!!).

Link to post
19 hours ago, Dellecross said:

EDIT

Was doing the bondage shop quest. First day is just fine, but on the second day the last customer dialogue get the game to hard-freeze. Reproducible. The freeze happens when after they say about testing it on the player character.

 

Happens to me too now.

Link to post

I've been enjoying it so far, great work!

 

I did get stuck in the initial cleaning sequence for maid day #1 like others have reported.

 

The debris I mentioned seeing floating in the air from the boat continues for me with debris floating in the air over the island (which I expect is supposed to be on the ground), and also in some interior spaces where it looks like debris meant to be on the floor is instead colliding/clipping through the ceiling. I'm about to try starting over from the vault and see if that still happens on a totally new run (maybe something corrupted an offset at some point in an earlier save, but I'm not seeing that effect outside areas you created for your mod as far as I know).

 

I've noticed that the Player Comments and Head Tracking mod has a tendency to interrupt a lot of the scripted sequences so have toggled it off. Also RSE2:Shenanigans is sometimes a problem in similar ways, and I'll probably disable it in the MCM.

 

The various custom outfits are neat, but since they don't conform to my Fusion Girl BodySlide/LooksMenu proportions I found myself wishing I could swap them out. Maybe it's a sign that I should finally work through one of the FG conversion howtos and contribute a patch for all of them.

 

I've found rather a few grammatical and spelling errors throughout the text. I could start putting together a list during my next playthrough if you'd like, but they're not so significant as to break the immersion for me, more just mildly distracting at times.

 

Oh, and during story time on the boat, the Milk Maid tale has an errant middle page from something else (looks like Xena fan fiction)... a placeholder?

 

In the brothel, using the Combat Strip Lite mod seems to cause the blindfold and gag to be removed when you're beaten on the cross. I haven't tried it again with that mod disabled yet but will try to confirm. If so, it may make sense to flag those as unremoveable during that sequence. Also I got the impression I would be stripped naked before being strapped into the cross, but only my armor was removed and not my base outfit, which seemed a little weird.

 

When trying out as a milker, I had a random approacher come into my stall and try to ask me to watch her masturbate while I was in the milking animation (I'm guessing her refalias filled for the approach just before I signaled I was ready for the attendant).

 

Thanks again for putting this together, it's got a lot of amazing content!

Link to post
58 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I've been enjoying it so far, great work!

 

I did get stuck in the initial cleaning sequence for maid day #1 like others have reported.

 

When trying out as a milker, I had a random approacher come into my stall and try to ask me to watch her masturbate while I was in the milking animation (I'm guessing her refalias filled for the approach just before I signaled I was ready for the attendant).

 

Thanks again for putting this together, it's got a lot of amazing content!

  1. On the maid scenario I found doing the door dust pile last to be the best for not being blocked by the Master Maid.

 

2. I have encountered the approach script causing NPC to follow and interrupt some sequences as well. In most case's the scene will continue, but when they follow you into and interior they tend to remain there and never leave. 

 

3. I very much agree, it is somewhat like and adult amusement park, many things to do.  I have had a great deal of fun with it.

Link to post

Hi. I got a problem.l I cant even get to the island - 100% of tries results in ctds on on loading screen. Game isn't heavy moded. I even stripped it from high resolution retectures. My rig is rather decent: i&-6700k GF 1060 strix 16gb DDR4 and running on ssd. Any help would be welcomed ( no conflicts: checked in  F4edit etc)

Link to post
On 10/20/2019 at 4:07 PM, Dellecross said:

Sure thing, if there are some conditions to be met or sequence of events - that's way easier to handle with static scene time. 30 seconds? It now makes sense. I have quite a lot of mods so loading/unloading a scene takes together maybe 7-10 seconds which is why I felt like the scene ends mid-way (especially because I have anims installed which even 1 cycle are around 30 seconds or more)

 

An example mod that has this thing is "Sexual Harassment" - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5487-sexual-harassment-1092018/

they actually have it in MCM but MCM is quite limited in min-max values so I always use console and setting the variable myself.

 

EDIT

Was doing the bondage shop quest. First day is just fine, but on the second day the last customer dialogue get the game to hard-freeze. Reproducible. The freeze happens when after they say about testing it on the player character.

 

Ya I'll get a console variable in the next version. Also I'll see if I can find the issue with that customer.

18 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Finally got around to trying this out, have really only just started. One cosmetic issue I saw that I don't recall anyone mentioning yet... on the ship, up on deck, the debris that's presumably supposed to be floating in the water was floating up in the air instead.

 

LMAO at "Old Greg" (Boosh!!!).

I'm not sure what to say about the debris stuff could be a conflict with another mod, no one else has reported it and I don't think there should be any debris in that ship cell to begin with.

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I've been enjoying it so far, great work!

 

I did get stuck in the initial cleaning sequence for maid day #1 like others have reported.

 

The debris I mentioned seeing floating in the air from the boat continues for me with debris floating in the air over the island (which I expect is supposed to be on the ground), and also in some interior spaces where it looks like debris meant to be on the floor is instead colliding/clipping through the ceiling. I'm about to try starting over from the vault and see if that still happens on a totally new run (maybe something corrupted an offset at some point in an earlier save, but I'm not seeing that effect outside areas you created for your mod as far as I know).

 

I've noticed that the Player Comments and Head Tracking mod has a tendency to interrupt a lot of the scripted sequences so have toggled it off. Also RSE2:Shenanigans is sometimes a problem in similar ways, and I'll probably disable it in the MCM.

 

The various custom outfits are neat, but since they don't conform to my Fusion Girl BodySlide/LooksMenu proportions I found myself wishing I could swap them out. Maybe it's a sign that I should finally work through one of the FG conversion howtos and contribute a patch for all of them.

 

I've found rather a few grammatical and spelling errors throughout the text. I could start putting together a list during my next playthrough if you'd like, but they're not so significant as to break the immersion for me, more just mildly distracting at times.

 

Oh, and during story time on the boat, the Milk Maid tale has an errant middle page from something else (looks like Xena fan fiction)... a placeholder?

 

In the brothel, using the Combat Strip Lite mod seems to cause the blindfold and gag to be removed when you're beaten on the cross. I haven't tried it again with that mod disabled yet but will try to confirm. If so, it may make sense to flag those as unremoveable during that sequence. Also I got the impression I would be stripped naked before being strapped into the cross, but only my armor was removed and not my base outfit, which seemed a little weird.

 

When trying out as a milker, I had a random approacher come into my stall and try to ask me to watch her masturbate while I was in the milking animation (I'm guessing her refalias filled for the approach just before I signaled I was ready for the attendant).

 

Thanks again for putting this together, it's got a lot of amazing content!

Thanks for the detailed report. No one had reported the errant middle page on that story yet lol. The approach function logic I guess still needs a lot of work. I think what I'll do is separate the travel package from the dialogue and when an actor reaches you, rerun the checks and then proceed if nothing is interfering. If you wanted to make a list of all the grammar and spelling errors I could fix all those as well. Also under the FAQ the source for those outfits contains bodyslide support.

Link to post
15 minutes ago, houdini said:

Hi. I got a problem.l I cant even get to the island - 100% of tries results in ctds on on loading screen. Game isn't heavy moded. I even stripped it from high resolution retectures. My rig is rather decent: i&-6700k GF 1060 strix 16gb DDR4 and running on ssd. Any help would be welcomed ( no conflicts: checked in  F4edit etc)

You could try teleporting to one of the buildings on the island and then leaving it. Type coc bctbrothel in the console. You've already ruled out the only two things I would be able to think of (computer issue or mod conflict). You could also try consoling in from the menu screen to see if that would even work (you can open the console in the menu and type coc goldcitydocks)

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...