[Stellaris] Fembots and Gynoids (small mod)

My first, very minor, mod for Stellaris. What it does is add portraits to robot workers and machine empires (so having Synthetic Dawn DLC might be required), for anyone who wants their robots to be a bit more feminine. This is just a hobby so updates, if any, will be fairly spread out. Since this adds portraits to the base species groups (Humanoid, Machine, Avian, etc) this means that it is currently incompatible with other mods that also add to these groups. Let me know if there are any mods that you would like a compatibility patch for and I'll see what I can do.

Update 20/12/2020: I've decided to roll this mod into my new mod, Vanilla Framework, which adds more portraits and would technically be incompatible with this mod as they both overwrite similar files.

What Each Mod Does

Fembots: Adds 77 portraits to Machine empires and to robot workers (requires robo modding tech)

Gynoids: Adds 87 portraits to Machine empires and to robot workers (requires robo modding tech)

Gynobots: Combines Fembots and Gynoids into one mod

Gynobots Plus: Is Gynobots but restricts Gynoid portraits behind android tech (performs a monthly check)

Install Instructions:

1. Download  either !Fembots.zip, !Gynoids.zip, !Gynobots.zip, or !Gynobots Plus
  2. Extract to 'Documents/ Paradox Interactive/ Stellaris/ mod' (create mod folder if it doesn't already exist)
  3. Activate the mod in the game launcher
  4. You do not need more than one of these mods active

Required DLC:

• Synthetic Dawn (unconfirmed)

Fembots

fembots.png.aa7656102dbd93260efa737bc2626237.png

Gynoids

Gynoids.png.fa803e96cf7a402b0b6a552bfa8d4c4d.png

Gynobots

994201765_Gynobots1.png.c8b6566ddeb396caaac2d5f5811f34f6.png

12 hours ago, wynterknyte said:

I don't know if this is because of the new patch but it isn't showing up on the mod list at when I unpack it into the mod directory.

Edit: Nm. Figured out a workaround.

Could you explain what you did? Might help with future builds. I haven't had a chance to look properly at the update but as far as I can tell it was mostly a launcher update and shouldn't affect this mod.

This is the text in !fembots.mod :

name="!Fembots"
path="mod/!Fembots"
tags={
    "Portraits"
}
supported_version="2.3.*"
By Creeper

I was having the same issue where the file wouldn't appear as well. I just removed "By Creeper" from the end and the mod worked fine.

• 1 month later...

Which version are you using and can you send me a screenshot? I have a few mods installed in my game so I might be running with something that up-scales the images (pretty sure that's not the case though). Could also just be that the template I was using is a bit on the small side.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jakaze said:

2.5.1 Been getting this after trying both of the gynbot downloads today. Only other mod that messes with 00_species_classes.txt is Lustful Void, and I've adjusted the load order to no avail.

Untitled.png.07a63f89ec98aa025e47a9cbe4d053ee.png 

As far as I'm aware, LV doesn't affect that file classes apart from the optional EoS patch and even then it's not that specific file. It's kinda late right now but I'll get to it first thing tomorrow. It's rather bizarre, and I can't think of much that would do that. 
Just to clarify, when you say 'both of the gynobots', did you install both? those are separate from each-other but even then they shouldn't cause this kind of issue. Have you tried running with only this mod? More info makes it easier for me to fix things.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, Mugginnato said:

As far as I'm aware, LV doesn't affect that file classes apart from the optional EoS patch and even then it's not that specific file. It's kinda late right now but I'll get to it first thing tomorrow. It's rather bizarre, and I can't think of much that would do that. 
Just to clarify, when you say 'both of the gynobots', did you install both? those are separate from each-other but even then they shouldn't cause this kind of issue. Have you tried running with only this mod? More info makes it easier for me to fix things.

Apologies, I did use them seperately and by themselves. I also have this issue with another mod

9 hours ago, Jakaze said:

Apologies, I did use them seperately and by themselves. I also have this issue with another mod

Really wish I could help but I just can't find the root of the issue. I was messing around with mods and load orders all day yesterday but everything looked fine, I asked people with more modding experience than me if they ever say anything like this and they didn't. Just now I can't get that mod you linked to appear in my launcher though I did have a small look under the hood and, as far as I can tell, the only thing connecting them is that they both create machine empire portraits.
From what I've gathered this seems to be a fairly rare glitch with very little info about it. At this stage all I can suggest is getting a fresh download and install of the mod (files might have got corrupted, but I don't really know), and maybe validate game files. I'm very sorry that I couldn't really help fix this, I thought I was safe doing this as my first mod but never expected this kind of issue would pop up. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

This is really cool! Running 3.0.2 only tried the fembots mod, could you make it compatible alongside Animated Synthetics Portraits Expanded: Reborn? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1492025820 Doesn't seem to appear when that mod is enabled. Works fine with Machine & Robot Expansion https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2441507863&searchtext= thankfully. I realize you rolled this into your Vanilla Framework mod and if you just want to focus on that that's fine, they're your mods, I was just interested in this one specifically. Thanks a ton! ❤️