[mod] Teratophilia

44 minutes ago, Smut64 said:

I did some testing and it did actually work with a couple, namely Gleaps, Snaunts, and Nutmidges/Nutmidgelings.  However Adult Poptops, Mother Poptops, Paratails, and Smoglins had no effect. I'm just going off of what has a green check mark in your first post. Is it possible that these monsters haven't been added yet?

Those later ones aren't added yet, but their assets have been made. It's slated to be released when the mutated biome creatures are finished, along with a polishing off some lush stragglers like the momma poptops.

1 hour ago, Smut64 said:

I did some testing and it did actually work with a couple, namely Gleaps, Snaunts, and Nutmidges/Nutmidgelings.  However Adult Poptops, Mother Poptops, Paratails, and Smoglins had no effect. I'm just going off of what has a green check mark in your first post. Is it possible that these monsters haven't been added yet?

Yep, exactly as Zaroth posted. I update the main post to tell which ones are done or ready, but they aren't available for download yet. For precise information on which ones are available, the main post has their names, and the image below is mostly for reference.

28 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Yep, exactly as Zaroth posted. I update the main post to tell which ones are done or ready, but they aren't available for download yet. For precise information on which ones are available, the main post has their names, and the image below is mostly for reference.

Ahh okay, I'm sorry for the confusion.

23 hours ago, red3dred said:

Maybe to avoid confusion for the future the monsters with assests that arent in the current available version can have a different colored check mark? Green for monsters with support in the current version and yellow for ones with finished assets but haven't been added yet

2 hours ago, welp . . . said:

Help, my gleap is broken, they kept dissapearing when i shot my Aphordite's bow to them, when i press E, i was able to go in to the intercourse but the monster's animation dosen't show up.

I... am surprised... Everything appears to be broken... well...

Firstly, somehow, the files for the Gleap don't appear to exist, or at least their frames. Second, your... pet? appears to be destroying the log...
image.png.48066101b2454e5660f666c071b32751.png

Then, travelling merchants are broken and have nothing to sell?

[00:46:24.227] [Error] [string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:191: (StarException) Lua Exception caught running action node enableTrading in behavior merchant: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/actions/merchant.lua"]:8: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Then, after 15k lines of errors, we have the return of the Gleap, and it says not even the climax files are properly in there...

[00:57:03.602] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/plugins/climax/climax.lua"]:280: (MapException) Key 'climaxcowgirlmale2' not found in OrderedMap::get()

So, i can only... presume, it maybe VenusBM breaking things as usual. Otherwise, everything looks like it's properly in there... Some of those are probably just FU being FU, tbh.

Hey man just wanted to ask, I want to get into sprite animations, mainly so I can make animations for a mod like this, because pixelated shit is for some reason really appealing to me. Are there any tutorials out there for sprite animations?

I'm a 3D Artist in my spare time outside of my job, but I really want to branch into pixel art haha

41 minutes ago, flipdarkfuture said:

Hey man just wanted to ask, I want to get into sprite animations, mainly so I can make animations for a mod like this, because pixelated shit is for some reason really appealing to me. Are there any tutorials out there for sprite animations?

I'm a 3D Artist in my spare time outside of my job, but I really want to branch into pixel art haha

I have some tutorials for getting started on modding for Sexbound, but something specifically to learn pixel-artistry...? Well, i can't say i have...

To be truthful, i have a very long story of messing with pixel art, since i was like, 10, so i got some experience with that. Though i will say, i started with sprite-ripping and making simple edits. Each style for each game is different, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to twist the original image into new shapes without loosing too much detail or fidelity.

So, to get started on the topic, i'd really just recommend messing with it, doing what you like with the sprites. Little edits here and there teach you a lot, and experience on these things stack real fast.

FTL_Enginenengine.png.d74047ab7900f7bea9cee2ff3d169ac9.png

Like, see this definitely a FTL engine for the Human ship style? Yeah, it's like, totally that, and not just a FTL Rebel Ship Edit...

This is what i mean by messing with things.

On 12/13/2019 at 4:02 AM, red3dred said:

I... am surprised... Everything appears to be broken... well...

Firstly, somehow, the files for the Gleap don't appear to exist, or at least their frames. Second, your... pet? appears to be destroying the log...
image.png.48066101b2454e5660f666c071b32751.png

Then, travelling merchants are broken and have nothing to sell?

[00:46:24.227] [Error] [string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:191: (StarException) Lua Exception caught running action node enableTrading in behavior merchant: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/actions/merchant.lua"]:8: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Then, after 15k lines of errors, we have the return of the Gleap, and it says not even the climax files are properly in there...

[00:57:03.602] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/plugins/climax/climax.lua"]:280: (MapException) Key 'climaxcowgirlmale2' not found in OrderedMap::get()

So, i can only... presume, it maybe VenusBM breaking things as usual. Otherwise, everything looks like it's properly in there... Some of those are probably just FU being FU, tbh.

Welp, you are right, it's about the Venus Mod, i think that mod isn't compatible with monsters or some simmilar mods . . . , now, with all of the glitches and bugs subsided, i can enjoy smashing every monster in starbound . . . for now . . . 

Oh, also, thank you for your help.

4 hours ago, welp . . . said:

Welp, you are right, it's about the Venus Mod, i think that mod isn't compatible with monsters or some simmilar mods . . . , now, with all of the glitches and bugs subsided, i can enjoy smashing every monster in starbound . . . for now . . . 

Oh, also, thank you for your help.

VenusBM has basically been outdated ever since 2.9, i believe. It's never been updated, even though it's not even supposed to brick the mod...

The re-textures should be usable without having to rewrite nearly as much as VenusBM rewrites, but alas. Creator made it that way. Probably to avoid having people take over the mod, but now it won't work like ever until someone polishes the animations to work universally (Until the next sexbound artwork update).

4 hours ago, welp . . . said:

Oh happy early squishmas too.

How dare you

I will have you know, no Gleaps allowed in this christmas.

23 hours ago, flipdarkfuture said:

Check out Pedro Medeiros' Patreon - he's got a ton of free tutorial things for spriting - both animated and still - and they're godlike.

Edit: Heya, guys. I'm mostly just a lurker, but wanted to give that little bit of assistance and a major thanks to Red for just doing the mod in the first place. Fetishes that I share aside, it's massively appreciated.

11 hours ago, red3dred said:

VenusBM has basically been outdated ever since 2.9, i believe. It's never been updated, even though it's not even supposed to brick the mod...

The re-textures should be usable without having to rewrite nearly as much as VenusBM rewrites, but alas. Creator made it that way. Probably to avoid having people take over the mod, but now it won't work like ever until someone polishes the animations to work universally (Until the next sexbound artwork update).

How dare you

I will have you know, no Gleaps allowed in this christmas.

In one of the older replies, you mentioned that there's a newer version of Sexbound that supports the FU creatures . . . which you have to purchase through their patreon, right?

Kinda interested on what that mod's animation looks like.

10 hours ago, welp . . . said:

In one of the older replies, you mentioned that there's a newer version of Sexbound that supports the FU creatures . . . which you have to purchase through their patreon, right?

Kinda interested on what that mod's animation looks like.

... what lol

At one point i tested support for farm animals and thus, since i had FU and they have a custom farm-animal AI, i had to patch into that one aswell. I was also commenting on the fact that "having poptop support as a example, FU has tons of poptops and all they are is just recolors with the exception of shadowtop which is just 1 extra glowing eye".

All in all, FU recolor support and farm animal support, perfectly possible, but someone had asked for things like the critters (Horses, novastallions, etc), those are as far as i know, unique to FU. Maybe not original, but that won't stop them from bitching it into a war-crime.

The monster support i mentioned is not going to be a reality ever, not even if you pay Loc 100$, i believe... Or me. I'd rather avoid pissing off the Sayter Hivemind behind their community, those actively against Sexbound in there.

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Maybe not original, but that won't stop them from bitching it into a war-crime.

"You're all perverts" bemoaned the man regarding even basic pixel tits, from atop his mountain of rotting, half eaten human bodies, as he ate severed penises and baby heads like candy while drinking pus.
Like, I can't be the only one who's noticed that he's incredibly fixated on cannibalism and squick.

4 hours ago, flipdarkfuture said:

Started a animation with the Bulbop, here's the intro to the sequence. I have no actual idea how the system is setup, so let me know if this is the wrong way to do it.

Bulbop_Whoops.gif

That's pretty neat, but it doesn't fit anywhere in the Sexbound framework lol-- If you want info on how it all works and is setup up, lemme plug my tutorials once again, advertising ahoy!

It's a neat animation though, can probably make a little animation with that. (Cartoony, telling perhaps the tale of a travelling Bulbop as it stumbles around the garden biome?)

So I'm trying to get the mod to work, but for some reason, it breaks the procedural generation of planets. When I make a new character to test the mod, I am prevented from beaming down to the starting planet. As in, it tries to generate the world, but part-way through the beaming down load screen, I get booted back to the spacecraft. I tried playing an old save where I'm already on the starter planet, and as soon as I move to the left or right far enough to where I assume a monster is spawning, the screen goes blank, showing only the background sky image and I'm booted to my spacecraft.

I will see if I can find an output log to see what Teratophilia is breaking against, because things start working once i take the PAK file out of the mod folder.

Edit: FOUND IT
https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=824478

starbound.log.5

Inserting a second log, I did a quick in-and-out to repeat the WorldGen error, then immediately close the game once I replicated it to keep the log clear.

starbound.log.1

1 hour ago, ThrowawayMesser said:

So I'm trying to get the mod to work, but for some reason, it breaks the procedural generation of planets. When I make a new character to test the mod, I am prevented from beaming down to the starting planet. As in, it tries to generate the world, but part-way through the beaming down load screen, I get booted back to the spacecraft. I tried playing an old save where I'm already on the starter planet, and as soon as I move to the left or right far enough to where I assume a monster is spawning, the screen goes blank, showing only the background sky image and I'm booted to my spacecraft.

I will see if I can find an output log to see what Teratophilia is breaking against, because things start working once i take the PAK file out of the mod folder.

Edit: FOUND IT
https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=824478

starbound.log.5 83.06 kB · 0 downloads

Inserting a second log, I did a quick in-and-out to repeat the WorldGen error, then immediately close the game once I replicated it to keep the log clear.

starbound.log.1 109.58 kB · 0 downloads

So, this one's funny...

Last log there has the necessary info i needed. Several things went wrong here, but mainly just 1 mod.

[Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\Sexbound-API-v2.13.0.pak' named 'lox_sexbound' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\Sexbound2.7.6(Human_Eyes_Reskin)Beta.pak

Namely, "Sexbound 2.7.6 human eyes reskin" is outdated, and replaces the entirety of your Sexbound with the old 2.7.6 version, where monster support wasn't a thing, when loaded.
If you want to use any custom head mods for Sexbound, there is a simple config edit you can do with the UNPAK version, it is harmless to the animations and should work with any normal race. I literally only know one race where it wouldn't work and they don't even have support.

Other than that, i just see you have a ton of monster mods. I'm surprised they don't cause you issues by overwriting each other!

Big side-note...

I've released the unfinished update so far, as i've been procrastinating and taking too long, among fixing and working on several other things. Felt like it'd be nice to release the 0.1.5 now before Christmas and wrap it up later. Enjoy ya'll! And please give feedback... the polishing of animations is still to-be-done, as i've only polished the gleaps and released the elemental rare support along with the new animations for them. Smoglins need some more movement in their doggy animations, and mother/adult poptops are VERY MUCH place-holder until i take my time to somehow work with the insane limitations that the API has for bigger monsters.

43 minutes ago, red3dred said:

So, this one's funny...

Last log there has the necessary info i needed. Several things went wrong here, but mainly just 1 mod.

[Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\Sexbound-API-v2.13.0.pak' named 'lox_sexbound' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\Sexbound2.7.6(Human_Eyes_Reskin)Beta.pak

Namely, "Sexbound 2.7.6 human eyes reskin" is outdated, and replaces the entirety of your Sexbound with the old 2.7.6 version, where monster support wasn't a thing, when loaded.
If you want to use any custom head mods for Sexbound, there is a simple config edit you can do with the UNPAK version, it is harmless to the animations and should work with any normal race. I literally only know one race where it wouldn't work and they don't even have support.

Other than that, i just see you have a ton of monster mods. I'm surprised they don't cause you issues by overwriting each other!

Big side-note...

I've released the unfinished update so far, as i've been procrastinating and taking too long, among fixing and working on several other things. Felt like it'd be nice to release the 0.1.5 now before Christmas and wrap it up later. Enjoy ya'll! And please give feedback... the polishing of animations is still to-be-done, as i've only polished the gleaps and released the elemental rare support along with the new animations for them. Smoglins need some more movement in their doggy animations, and mother/adult poptops are VERY MUCH place-holder until i take my time to somehow work with the insane limitations that the API has for bigger monsters.

Thank you very much for explaining this, I'll remove that PAK right away!

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

That's pretty neat, but it doesn't fit anywhere in the Sexbound framework lol-- If you want info on how it all works and is setup up, lemme plug my tutorials once again, advertising ahoy!

It's a neat animation though, can probably make a little animation with that. (Cartoony, telling perhaps the tale of a travelling Bulbop as it stumbles around the garden biome?)

Ah dang lol, I was thinking it could be the intro to a animation involving the Bulbop accidentally getting 'stuck' in a compromising position on a player it just defeated. Love your tutotiral by the way, it's very clear and concise. Unfortunately a lot of the files you've attached can't be opened for some reason.

Pardon my asking, but I think I have may installed this incorrectly.  I've been shooting the supported monsters with the Aphrodite's Bow but it only does damage to them somehow.  I'm using the most recent bow mod.  

I installed the pak file to the mods folder. Does it need to be in the sexbound folder instead?

EDIT:  Figured it out. I had accidentally put itself in its own folder for some dumb reason. Didnt think it'd affect it but it did.