I spent another session debugging the deal allocation, and I couldn't reproduce a bug.

The conflict prevention can sometimes be unintuitive unless you think carefully about what is in a given deal or stage.

I couldn't find a "wrong" result after a lot of testing, but I can see some players might not instantly understand why a certain deal gets blocked.

Ironically, the original intention of modular deals (as I proposed them) was to reduce the possibility of conflicting deals but Lozeak's way of doing them as something completely apart from classic deals didn't have that effect.

That said, it all works fine as long as you enable enough deals, but if you push things to the limit, there's going to be a point where you run out of deals. There are only so many deals you can get. If your first picks to disable are the recently added deals - which were designed with zero conflicts in mind - then you'll run out sooner than players that don't do that.

One thing that might be beneficial is to internally limit the number of candidate modular deals (not rules) so you can set the modular deal limit to 5 but not be flooded with modular deals as a result.

Or perhaps to have a slider where you can set the chance of getting a modular vs a classic deal each time you ask, so players can set it explicitly instead of manipulating it by adjusting the number of available deals.

Hey Lupine, just a random question  - what prompts the "cursed dwarven handcuffs" to be equipped, is it just random on finding a pair of dwarven gauntlets?

2 hours ago, kylexf said:

Hey Lupine, just a random question  - what prompts the "cursed dwarven handcuffs" to be equipped, is it just random on finding a pair of dwarven gauntlets?

That is a specific pair of gauntlets, can't happen to any random pair. If I remember correctly you can actually tell when the gauntlets have this because you will see a specific enchantment.

3 hours ago, kylexf said:

I don't think these drop any longer.  So the answer would be "nothing". As far as I recall, I stopped them being used.

Before reading, know that I am on the SE port.

PC cannot make a legacy deal if the terms are already included in a modular deal it seems. Even tried to change my willpower to make sure. For example, on the modular deal settings page, if I have boots and/or gloves enabled, and it comes up as a modular deal BEFORE the looking pretty Rule 2 deal, I can no longer 'progress' down the looking pretty deal line, except for the first rule of course. Talking to the follower will always avoid those deals. They wont ever give them to me, so idk if its my luck from hours of testing or not but this seems to be the case, as they absolutely will not give me those deals. This seems to apply to all deals. If PC has vag pierce from modular deals, can't progress in piercing deal. Those deals also will not open up at all if the first rule is taken for modular deals. This causes an issue for me because that means if I have a collar from a modular deal and subsequently cannot progress in the ownership deal line, PC can't ever get a chastity belt because it is a rule #3 while the collar is rule #2, and deals have that linear progression. So it pushes me to turn all of those options off in the modular deals section, leaving only the blindfold, spank, sex, lactaid, amulet, circlet, ring and deep debt enabled. However, this introduces a new problem for the tier 3 modular deals now.

The game does not give more than one deep debt deal. When I maximize my deals (which I always seem to do), it gets stuck on the last few. My character's willpower is 0 and currently has 24 deals, 4 out of 5 modular deals maxed. When I speak to the follower, they give me the dialog for deep debt ('Won't have to do anything sexy but I expect more payment later' or something like that, not the 'extend the time or double the buyout cost' dialog, not to get the two mixed up), but when the dialog is finished, nothing happens. No debt is removed, and no deal goes to the last modular deal. Basically, this makes it so PC must pay my follower or be punished, deals are done in that case and will rarely give the extend the time or double buyout cost 'deal' because it wants to make a deep debt deal.

So to sum it up, in short, deep debt deal can only be made once it seems, and bugs out after that; and the script neglects making deals with similar conditions to other deals at all costs, which halts the linear progression of some deals.

11 hours ago, Meladiator said:

PC cannot make a legacy deal if the terms are already included in a modular deal it seems.

Exactly!

That's how it is supposed to work.

Your testing confirms working as intended.

11 hours ago, Meladiator said:

To to sum it up, in short, deep debt deal can only be made once it seems

Not what I saw in testing. Nor what the code permits.

The code for expensive rule is simplistic, so it's fairly easy to convince yourself it's going to get given out; there's no once only mechanic there.

Also, refusing it doesn't block it next time, so it can always be offered.

Most likely you didn't have an open modular deal slot at the point you had insufficient other deals available.

If the only slot open is the Tier 3 slot, it's harder to get expensive deal, by design.

Also, also, the logic for reducing your debt when you take a deal is completely independent of the deal you get. It's part of the generic accept process.

The only way you don't get debt reduction is if it's called from the scenario where you trade a deal for device removal, which again is a generic feature of a single shared dialog fragment.

If you weren't properly credited for expensive deal, that's just ... random ... and I can't really explain it.

Perhaps you simply didn't accept the deal, or got away without taking it by some rapid mouse clicking that confused the script engine?

Or it's some weird SE conversion issue.

I understand that you want the Ownership deal to run, but the point of deals is that they are random.

You can't get a modular chastity deal because there isn't one. Maybe that's the real problem?

If you look through my comments on this in previous posts, you'll see there's no simple solution to this.

Sure, I could happily let you get duplicate "free" deals, so you can get a collar from a classic deal, then a collar rule in a modular deal, but that seems considerably more dumb than not giving out freebies where you get something for nothing.

Or classic deals could be specially privileged and you always get them first. (See suggestion above for a slider that lets you set the bias).

But you can already achieve that by disabling all your modular deals when you start, and only enabling them once you have the classic deals you want. But then let's say you buy out of a classic deal, do the modular deals need to somehow not take that space? That's basically just disabling those rules, so you may as well do that.

So, simply don't enable modular rules that clash with the classic deals you really must have. That's your option. Nothing wrong with using it.

If you are specially fixated on chastity, you might consider simply using Pet Project, make your DF your spouse and accept that they just "married you for the money".

I've played that variant. PP doesn't clash much with DFC. Just disable the Ownership, "Plug" and Whore deals, used by merchants and innkeepers, etc.

7 hours ago, knightblade150 said:

Is there anyway to reduce the frequency that the follower interrupts dialog with the Slut Deal prompts? It makes the game borderline unplayable unfortunately, so I've been keeping it disabled. On SE version.

Update to newer version?

Have a problem where DF controls SLS licences, it gets the 3 main ones but then keeps prompting that it's getting a Whore License but never does

11 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The code for expensive rule is simplistic, so it's fairly easy to convince yourself it's going to get given out; there's no once only mechanic there.

Also, refusing it doesn't block it next time, so it can always be offered.

Most likely you didn't have an open modular deal slot at the point you had insufficient other deals available.

If the only slot open is the Tier 3 slot, it's harder to get expensive deal, by design.

I had 2 entire modular deals open. Not slots, entire Skeever and Slaughterfish deal. I even receive the dialogue for it. I ask for a deal, follower gives dialogue for deep debt, I agree to deal, and nothing happens. No debt is changed, no deal is made. Literally nothing is accomplished. Yes, I have it so I'm using all 5 modular deals in the modular deal settings part of the MCM.

Edit: I have gotten deals into Skeever and Slaughterfish, but I was doing hours of testing. Saving, reloading, going back to before I hired follower, attempting maximize deals, repeat. When I was finally satisfied with my results, the last test had complete open slots to Skeever and Slaughterfish.

Or it's some weird SE conversion issue.

I have a strong opinion that perhaps it is. But I don't know. The problem I am having, is that there is literally no way possible to maximize on deals. You can't Pokemon it. You can't 'catch em all'. I enjoy this mod very much, but I don't enjoy the enslavement part due to my computer's lack of processing power to use the enchanted mittens in time, so I maximize deals as a... compromise.

Sure, I could happily let you get duplicate "free" deals, so you can get a collar from a classic deal, then a collar rule in a modular deal, but that seems considerably more dumb than not giving out freebies where you get something for nothing.

This is actually a complete matter of opinion. Each of them have their own time span. So when one deal runs out, you still need to finish the other. I find that the tier 3 modular deals to be amazing, and I want to be able to use them all (besides the ones that can't, like jacket/petsuit in town). But... I can't when I can't fill up my tier 1 and 2 modular deals.

If you are specially fixated on chastity, you might consider simply using Pet Project, make your DF your spouse and accept that they just "married you for the money".

I've played that variant. PP doesn't clash much with DFC. Just disable the Ownership, "Plug" and Whore deals, used by merchants and innkeepers, etc.

Well the legacy deals have different conditions than modular. The gag modular deal doesn't have the 'daily usage' like the legacy one. The piercing modular deal(s) doesn't have the 'check' as the legacy piercing deal line does. I'm not fixated on chastity, I'm fixated on having interaction. I enjoy the interactions.

Not to sound... demanding, but if this is an issue you would rather not fix or take the time to look into, an alternative solution to my specific problem would be to add more deal options to the modular deal list. Specifically the tier 1 and 2 side. I cannot maximize, and that's the only issue I'm having. I can't have 30 deals, no matter what. It is literally impossible. I just desire 10 options that do not interfere with any deals that have anything to do with the legacy deals. With the mod integrations + the jewelry update, it helps a lot, I really like the bug fixes, the more dialogue and options, stuff like that. Perhaps you can make an integration with Immersive jewelry? Allows you to have left handed rings, different types of necklaces (torc, necklace, choker), and bracelets. I just want placeholders to be able to touch all of the tier 3 deals at once. I'm no modder but it sounds like an easy thing to do. Just make a duplicate model for another ring (maybe even change the color?), change the slot to the Immersive jewelry left handed ring slot, change the name to be left handed, and add the deal script for it. Exact same deal, just takes up another slot (you know, for a greater debuff, wont make the game unplayable at all, will just make improving weapons a lot less effective, but perks are still obtainable). 

Oh and it reminds me (another bug I neglected to mention cause I forgot), on SE (idk about LE), the dialogue doesn't seem to be right. When I ask for a deal, 90% of the time it gives the extend a deal dialogue, but gives a regular deal, throughout the entire mod. So say I have no deals, I ask for a deal, and my follower says "I will extend a deal for another x days or double the fee for buyout" or whatever that dialogue is, you get me, and when I agree, it gives me a deal. However, when I have low willpower and say I don't want a deal (so forced deal making), ALL of the dialogue works. Every single bit of it. I get the cool dialogue for the ring, amulet, circlet, everything. Otherwise, more than 90% of the time I get the same dialogue over and over.

4 hours ago, Meladiator said:

Not to sound... demanding, but if this is an issue you would rather not fix or take the time to look into

To put this in perspective, I have spent the entire week and a good part of the previous week chasing this dead-end instead of doing what I planned, and it's gone nowhere.

I cannot find a bug.

I can test this over and over, and it works just fine.

I never see these deal filling problems, or weirdness with expensive deals.

The common-thread with these issues is people running on SE.

I cannot imagine why it would behave differently there, but I get the sense that maybe the SE port is missing a script fragment or more than one, or cannot load them.

There's definitely something more going on with SE than in the LE world where I tested this.

That's assuming these tests that showed problems were all on new games not updates of older potentially flawed SE conversions, and otherwise devoid of obvious explanations for difference, like failure to operate mod manager.

Where these issues occur, they're consistently reported on platforms I can't debug, by players who engage up-to-a-point, but aren't providing the logs or quest state dumps that would make it possible to better identify what they're seeing. If you want the instrumented code version of DFC to run, that will dump out all the details on why your deals are assigned as they are, then please say so, and I'll post it so you can run with that and provide proper feedback. Otherwise, there isn't any more I can do about it.

So, it's not that "I would rather not fix" ... I simply cannot justify delaying all development and actual bug fixing further in pursuit of a bug that I cannot reproduce.

42 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

So, it's not that "I would rather not fix" ... I simply cannot justify delaying all development and actual bug fixing further in pursuit of a bug that I cannot reproduce.

I understand completely I'm just suggesting ideas for that same reason. I understand that you're not noticing a bug because you can't replicate it. I'm okay with development, trust me, I love this mod and to see it expand is... exhilarating to me. The more you expand it, in my eyes, the less complaints you have from me. :) So long as it doesn't break my game lol.

16 minutes ago, Meladiator said:

because you can't replicate it

Is it possible that this bug only occurs due to deal buyouts?

When I've tested this, for the most part I've investigated different configurations, disables, etc. I've gone from zero deals, to full deals.

I have tested some buyouts, and they were always fine, but maybe there's something else that has to happen as well?

If you try a new game in your SE version ... use LAL to start in a city, find a follower and add some debt, then start asking for deals constantly ... does it work differently than what you saw before?

Or is that what you were doing?

6 hours ago, Meladiator said:

When I ask for a deal, 90% of the time it gives the extend a deal dialogue, but gives a regular deal, throughout the entire mod.

That sounds extremely like you have an old ESP, or an updated game that once had an old ESP in it.

But if that's not the case, I think it's safe to say the SE ESP is full of nonsense.

I know it sounds like a silly question, but you don't have some old copy of the mod that you forgot about, that is performing a partial overwrite on your new install? It happens surprisingly easily in a big MO setup, where you've had patches and other things, and lots of profiles, sometimes an old install ends up left in by mistake, buried down at the bottom of the left pane where you don't notice it.

I've done this a few times myself with MERGE patches I made that had a lot of records from other mods, that I then forgot to disable when making a new profile.

7 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

If you try a new game in your SE version ... use LAL to start in a city, find a follower and add some debt, then start asking for deals constantly ... does it work differently than what you saw before?

I'll try this out later or tomorrow but I used LAL to start in the college, and did the first quest or so just so I could get Brelyna, so we're talking about maybe an hour or two of game time, maximized my deals right then and there and that's pretty much where I still am.

32 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

That sounds extremely like you have an old ESP, or an updated game that once had an old ESP in it.

Perhaps. But it wouldn't be because of me. I use Vortex, and I have been modding this god forsaken game for the nearly 9 years. I've gotten pretty good at determining whether or not bugs are my own fault when it comes to the file system and structure. I never have 2 versions of the same mod installed and overwrite, and I never remove mods that have scripts mid play-through, and refrain from adding mods in general unless I start a new game.

47 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

6 hours ago, Meladiator said:

When I ask for a deal, 90% of the time it gives the extend a deal dialogue, but gives a regular deal, throughout the entire mod.

But if that's not the case, I think it's safe to say the SE ESP is full of nonsense.

I know it sounds like a silly question, but you don't have some old copy of the mod that you forgot about, that is performing a partial overwrite on your new install? It happens surprisingly easily in a big MO setup, where you've had patches and other things, and lots of profiles, sometimes an old install ends up left in by mistake, buried down at the bottom of the left pane where you don't notice it.

I've done this a few times myself with MERGE patches I made that had a lot of records from other mods, that I then forgot to disable when making a new profile.

Can confirm that I see the same behavior on SE with DFC 2.13.5 on a new game, with definitely no old stuff lingering from an old version of DFC.

”When I ask for a deal, 90% of the time it gives the extend a deal dialogue, but gives a regular deal”. For me, that problem occurs 80-90% of the time.

As a workaround, I go into the MCM after every deal to see what I actually got.

I have observed this behavior on multiple new games. For me, this behavior started several DFC versions ago, maybe with 2.13.2 (whichever version was the major overhaul).

@Lupine00 I have not wanted to bother you about this because the problem seems to be specific to SE. But it definitely is a problem on SE.

And I.should mention that I use my own SE conversion of DFC 2.13.5, so that means the same problem is occurring in two different SE conversions.

I have a problem with selling player..

It switches to regular contract to slavery sort but without the option of buying back  and forcing player to wear stuff :|

Is this normal? it didn't work like this in old versions (3 or 4 ago the one before this was the same and i hoped it would be fixed).

5 hours ago, Herowynne said:

And I.should mention that I use my own SE conversion of DFC 2.13.5, so that means the same problem is occurring in two different SE conversions

It sounds like VMQuestVariable updates happen differently in SE and are not being reflected immediately into the dialog conditions, while in LE they are.

This likely caused issues with the slut deal too.

I don't know what needs to be done to make that work OK in SE.

The new enslavement support relies on a similar mechanic to select the special Lola dialog vs the other dialogs, so that will likely fail in SE too. Though for that I'm using a GlobalVariable, so maybe those are still ok in SE?

The issue is a value set in a fragment in an early dialog is used in a later dialog in the same tree.

i.e. The deal is selected in the start fragment for the "Let's make a deal" and then that value is used to select an info in a topic that follows on from that, and then used again later in the acceptance fragment. In the case of the acceptance it's clearly getting the correct value, but the info in the middle didn't select the correct dialog and is instead selecting garbage. Thus none of the infos match conditions and the final one is used...

Or maybe it's just an issue with info sequencing, and in SE the sequence is garbled?

Somebody who knows the details of SE modding needs to tell me how to work around it, because the actual mechanic is essential in some form, but there are ways to vary it and there is probably a pattern that works OK in SE. Maybe globals are fine, and it's just quest variables? Or maybe both have problems?

3 hours ago, darkfender666 said:

have a problem with selling player..

It switches to regular contract to slavery sort but without the option of buying back  and forcing player to wear stuff

To be clear, you don't get an option to pay off your debt when enslaved?

By default, initially you will be in gold control and must clear that first before you can even hope to buy out of slavery - that is by design.

However, you can clear your debt while in gold control, so when you get out, you are effectively able to buy out of enslavement immediately if you did that.

Are you in gold control?

Are you using SE?

I just lost a whole lot of named items I spent weeks fighting through dungeons to get.  The follower said we need to talk and I owed them a lot of gold.  I said I have the money, they got mad an took all my stuff.  Not liking the idea that the follower can take 90% of your stuff with no real warning and no way to get it back.   There should be a way to get it back.  And there was enough gold for them to take instead of all my stuff.

2 hours ago, slvsaris said:

There should be a way to get it back.

You will be overjoyed to discover that there is.

There should be something in your quest journal. If not, then there's a bug.

Tip: pay your follower, then follower never robs all your stuff and give you a fraction of the value.

Oh, and you would have sooo loved Lozeak's Dwarven Gauntlets boss loot item. Such a pity I stopped that dropping.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

To be clear, you don't get an option to pay off your debt when enslaved?

By default, initially you will be in gold control and must clear that first before you can even hope to buy out of slavery - that is by design.

However, you can clear your debt while in gold control, so when you get out, you are effectively able to buy out of enslavement immediately if you did that.

Are you in gold control?

Are you using SE?

I am using LE, i disabled gold control from MCM before even starting the game from scratch (new game).

I have some deals but when player is sold istead of the regular dialogue i get "what should i wear" that is the dialogue for slavery i guess.

Same happened in previous game with previous version with endless mode activated.

Happens ONLY if player is sold and it always happens. 

24 minutes ago, darkfender666 said:

Same happened in previous game with previous version with endless mode activated.

It looks like it's been broken for ages.

The base conditions for the "sold" quest dialogs are very wrong.

I don't think it was changed recently, so it's possible that in most cases the sold quest simply didn't work when it was supposed to, and a fix somewhere else has brought it back to life.

You should be able to make your game sensible again with:

Spoiler

reset _DFlow

setstage _DFlow 10

Hi! Not sure if that's the appropriate topic to ask for this sort of help, but i'm guessing this should be really easy to fix. So i've downloaded the 'DF CBBE Whore Armor Meshes + Bodyslide' and build batch in Bodyslide for all uniforms. Yet in game the UNP body is still being used instead of my CBBE preset, which results in looking like this:

Spoiler

a2e3842fae8fc573fe3eca0ed49209dc.png

Could somebody help my dumb ass with this issue? Where do i click?))

Hello,

i woukld like to ask how to make the custom whore armor. I found the instruction.

Am i supposed to:

Download mod

put the entire mod into the folders (heavy light mage)

delete the original files

run  bodyslide

Is that it ?

Because i tried putting there only the files from the mod, character goes invisible (yes i did click the mcm custom armor box)

7 hours ago, paparebbe said:

Could somebody help my dumb ass with this issue? Where do i click?))

I don't think that's the wrong body or armor, I think - and it's only a guess because I have very little information to go on - that you built with the wrong slider configuration.

i.e. You are mixing builds from two different Bodyslide slider sets.

Also, if you are CBBE throughout your game, then a UNP body would display misplaced breast textures due to your CBBE textures.

7 hours ago, A Little Kitten said:

to make the custom whore armor. I found the instruction.

Files must have the right names as well as be in the right place.

See guide on the front page of this mod.