Simdulgence - TS4 RealGens Penis - 14 June 2020, Male Speedo

11 hours ago, wanttodownloadty said:

EDIT: And now they disappeared again when switching to edit a different family... how odd. All the others are still visible. Those are by V5 and S-Club, I believe.

EDIT2: I might have figured it out. I think they disappear when selecting 'tattoos' while in anything other than 'everyday'.

That's bizarre, and it's not behavior I can reproduce in my own game right now. Tattoos should be independent of clothing category. Are you by any chance playing on a mac?

7 hours ago, princessacs said:

Hello I am confused why the packages won't show up in my game. I didn't need to unzip anything I downloaded right from the link and still not working.

Help!

The files are zipped so you should need to unzip them. 7zip should do the job.

@Zriley56 @ColinMcKay79 Unfortunately, I've looked at the textures and I'm not sure I'll be able to make RealGens compatible with V5+ of Luumia's hair.

There is a section of the texture map reserved for "extra pants texture". WW, Noir and myself all use this space for the penis texture (because the sim can't wear pants and be naked at the same time). Although I restrict my body hair texture to the main body, Luumia has opted to add hair to this space. This works for WW, which is mapped with the penis base at the bottom and glans at the top. RealGens is mapped the opposite, with glans at the bottom.

I tried just now to quickly reverse the order, but it doesn't look good. The large patch of hair Luumia uses for a join takes up over half of the shaft. There's a heavy and sharp seam on the testicles. Additionally, his leg hair doesn't just cover the legs but also spills into this additional space for some reason.

I had hoped compatibility was possible, but I would have to entirely re-do my textures and shrink parts of them that might lose the texture quality. It's a shame there is body hair in that extra texture space, because that is what's causing the problem. I'm sorry it might stop you from being able to satisfactorily use penis mods other than the WW one.

2 hours ago, Zriley56 said:

I really wish I could roll back to V5 but a mod I'm using to auto apply body hair to townies only works with the most recent version. If I was only worried about my played sims I'd probably just use V5 or even the simdulgence body hair, but I don't want to go back to a game full of hairless men.

Which mod are you using to add the BodyHair to townies? 

Is it Nisa's mod?  i cant think of another mod that does that.

If it is, i can confirm that you can use Luumia BodyHair v5 with it and it will apply it to townies. I am still using v5.

If it's not, my apologies. :) 

15 hours ago, simdulgence said:

@Brewe99 That hair is actually a custom hair I created. It's not suitable for release because none of the other colors have been created, but I can put it on my to-do list and make the other swatches at some point so I can put it out there. I didn't think about that when I chose it for that sim!

Thank you, you're really kind! ?That would be fantastic!

It's so rare to find manly hair for sims.

6 hours ago, simdulgence said:

That's bizarre, and it's not behavior I can reproduce in my own game right now. Tattoos should be independent of clothing category. Are you by any chance playing on a mac?

Nope. I'm playing on PC. No idea what the cause is but the fix is simple enough.

If anyone happens to experience the same problem where the bodyhair is not appearing under tattoos, try clicking on 'everday' and then click on 'tattoos' and they should appear.

40 minutes ago, Ingun Black-Briar said:

Oh noes. I'm now customizing every single male Sim's schlong like there's no tomorrow. What have you done?!

I know, I know, I'm evil. It was immensely satisfying going around my game giving all the men different penises!

4 minutes ago, wanttodownloadty said:

Nope. I'm playing on PC. No idea what the cause is but the fix is simple enough.

If anyone happens to experience the same problem where the bodyhair is not appearing under tattoos, try clicking on 'everday' and then click on 'tattoos' and they should appear.

I'm not sure why it's happening to you and not me, although I think I am a couple of patches beyond you (v1.54). But, I do see in the body hair files that only "everyday" is selected as viable. I had no idea this could cause an issue because my understanding is tattoos and skin details are meant to carry across all outfits. I'm still working on fixing all the meshes to remove the thigh issue, but when I update the download with that fix I'll also update the body hairs so they have all outfit categories available. We'll see if that fixes it!

10 hours ago, B10HAZARD. said:

Which mod are you using to add the BodyHair to townies? 

Is it Nisa's mod?  i cant think of another mod that does that.

If it is, i can confirm that you can use Luumia BodyHair v5 with it and it will apply it to townies. I am still using v5.

If it's not, my apologies. :) 

I am using Nisa's mod. Are you using the public or patreon version? I think she upgraded it to v5+ in patreon.

11 hours ago, simdulgence said:

@Zriley56 @ColinMcKay79 Unfortunately, I've looked at the textures and I'm not sure I'll be able to make RealGens compatible with V5+ of Luumia's hair.

There is a section of the texture map reserved for "extra pants texture". WW, Noir and myself all use this space for the penis texture (because the sim can't wear pants and be naked at the same time). Although I restrict my body hair texture to the main body, Luumia has opted to add hair to this space. This works for WW, which is mapped with the penis base at the bottom and glans at the top. RealGens is mapped the opposite, with glans at the bottom.

I tried just now to quickly reverse the order, but it doesn't look good. The large patch of hair Luumia uses for a join takes up over half of the shaft. There's a heavy and sharp seam on the testicles. Additionally, his leg hair doesn't just cover the legs but also spills into this additional space for some reason.

I had hoped compatibility was possible, but I would have to entirely re-do my textures and shrink parts of them that might lose the texture quality. It's a shame there is body hair in that extra texture space, because that is what's causing the problem. I'm sorry it might stop you from being able to satisfactorily use penis mods other than the WW one.

Thank you for looking into it, I appreciate it. 

52 minutes ago, Zriley56 said:

I am using Nisa's mod. Are you using the public or patreon version? I think she upgraded it to v5+ in patreon.

I am using public version.

Luumia v5 should still work in patreon version though, have you tested it to confirm it doesn't?

19 hours ago, simdulgence said:

Thanks so much I actually figured it out yesterday, I just had to redownload and unzip thanks though for the info! Wiil you be making a larger version too?

16 hours ago, simdulgence said:

I'm not sure why it's happening to you and not me, although I think I am a couple of patches beyond you (v1.54). But, I do see in the body hair files that only "everyday" is selected as viable. I had no idea this could cause an issue because my understanding is tattoos and skin details are meant to carry across all outfits. I'm still working on fixing all the meshes to remove the thigh issue, but when I update the download with that fix I'll also update the body hairs so they have all outfit categories available. We'll see if that fixes it!

I've ran into that issue as well with other mods, actually. It happens with occult Sims sometimes, when you are in a different outfit category than 'Everyday' and want to modify tats. It's an EA bug.

I've just updated both the RealGens and Body Hair files. The content is pretty much just bug fixes, but the RealGens one is pretty good - it eliminates (I believe!) one of the two known issues listed, which was the distortion caused at extreme thigh slider values. There are also some texture seam fixes and some altered options for CAS penis visibility.

On 8/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, wanttodownloadty said:

A new version of the body hair is available now, with what I hope is a fix for the problem you've encountered. Let me know if it works for you.

22 hours ago, Christiansgirl said:

Hi  do you have plans to have the full range of penises in CAS for nude outfits option?

The new version of the file available now includes an option to show all soft penises in CAS to be used for nude outfits. The medium erect penises are also available, so you can look at soft/hard for customization, but I guessed people mostly wouldn't make nude outfits that used an erect penis 24/7. If you were hoping for all erect penises available too, let me know and I can add that.

20 hours ago, princessacs said:

Thanks so much I actually figured it out yesterday, I just had to redownload and unzip thanks though for the info! Wiil you be making a larger version too?

Several users have asked about larger penises. It's definitely a possibility, but there are other things higher on the to-do list at the moment.

19 hours ago, thatsrandom said:

When the female things are going to be ready?

Which female things? Penises for female sims, or vaginas/breasts? Female penises are likely to come out sooner than vaginas/breasts, but I don't have a release date for them at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Buddy16 said:

haven't had time to try this penis yet but does it work with the tanning from island living? like if my sim is sunbathing in underwear will the penis be tanned or will it have the lighter skintone?

No, sorry, it doesn't work with the tanning. Tanning doesn't appear to work with any custom penises because the game sees them as a clothing bottom (at least, that was my experience when I tested tanning with the WW penis/Noir penis). I'm desperately trying to find a solution to this, but it may be beyond my control. It might require alterations to the WW coding from Turbo, if it's even possible.

23 hours ago, Christiansgirl said:

Hi  do you have plans to have the full range of penises in CAS for nude outfits option?

The new version of the file available now includes an option to show all soft penises in CAS to be used for nude outfits. The medium erect penises are also available, so you can look at soft/hard for customization, but I guessed people mostly wouldn't make nude outfits that used an erect penis 24/7. If you were hoping for all erect penises available too, let me know and I can add that.

? Thank you this is perfect.

41 minutes ago, simdulgence said:

I've just updated both the RealGens and Body Hair files.

Thank you so much for the update.  Were any changes made to the Real Gens colors file?  Since I don't have Vampires, I had to unmerge that file and change the CAS slot of all the individual files from scar to lip mole so that they would show up in my game.  I don't want to have to do this with every update if I don't have to. 

5 minutes ago, angiebaby23 said:

Thank you so much for the update.  Were any changes made to the Real Gens colors file?  Since I don't have Vampires, I had to unmerge that file and change the CAS slot of all the individual files from scar to lip mole so that they would show up in my game.  I don't want to have to do this with every update if I don't have to. 

Hmm, I thought I had tested that on a game without the packs and it worked, but I may be wrong. Sorry about that!

In any case, a) no, I did not make any changes to the color overlays and b) I will make sure going forward that there is a zip for the colors using a different base game slot (eg lip mole) for anyone who can't access the scars. That way if any changes do get made, you wouldn't have to go through and change it yourself.

7 minutes ago, simdulgence said:

Hmm, I thought I had tested that on a game without the packs and it worked, but I may be wrong. Sorry about that!

In any case, a) no, I did not make any changes to the color overlays and b) I will make sure going forward that there is a zip for the colors using a different base game slot (eg lip mole) for anyone who can't access the scars. That way if any changes do get made, you wouldn't have to go through and change it yourself.

Thanks so much, that would be awesome.  Yep, I tried just using your merged file at first and they didn't show up, presumably because without Vampires there is no "scars" CAS slot.  Once I changed the slot myself using S4S, they showed up fine.  They're awesome too, btw.  :thumbsup: