KoolHndLuke

The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

6 minutes ago, wokking56 said:

Thank you all for your kind words and heartfelt wishes.

Thank you for sharing. I don't want to ask any personal questions, but I hope you and yours are coping as best you can. Any words I say feel hollow next to the pain you must be feeling- so I will just say take care and God bless.

4 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

The last trilogy of movies was bad enough. But the very last episode was so cringe worthy I couldn't even finish watching it. The end of that awe-inspiring era of story and characters went out much the same way the Empire did in the last one- with a whimper.

If you had actually finished watching it you'd know that the emperor was so strong that Rey couldn't beat him alone. If that's going out with a whimper, the only thing that could have made you happy is that the evil side would have won. We both know the story can't end like that. The original endings were at the same level, but without all the fancy effects, and they had the priviledge of being first.

It's just like the X-men movies. The more they try to squeeze the franchise, the more tired it gets. Deal with it, or maybe you'd made a better trilogy? I bet you'd made exactly the same story as the original, except that the empire flattens the restistance so much that they have no chance of winning. I would probably have killed Rey if I would have done it though, so you have a point there. It makes for more drama.

Disney were too nice and politically correct to handle it, and I was skeptical when I heard that they had taken the franchise. I was like "why the f*** should Disney do this and not Lucasfilm?". You can't expect a company with a history in cartoons to make a cult sci-fi trilogy out of Star Wars. Hollywood is about money.

31 minutes ago, saltshade said:

Deal with it, or maybe you'd made a better trilogy?

Any one of us probably could. Know why? Cause we actually care about the story and characters and not milking the shit for as much revenue as we can get. You just want to argue, so we're done.

23 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Any one of us probably could. Know why? Cause we actually care about the story and characters and not milking the shit for as much revenue as we can get. You just want to argue, so we're done.

Fine. I actually agree with you on that, despite what you might think. I just couldn't put my finger on the problem with those movies, but now I finally see it. The characters and story need more depth and coherence.

18 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

The last trilogy of movies was bad enough. But the very last episode was so cringe worthy I couldn't even finish watching it. The end of that awe-inspiring era of story and characters went out much the same way the Empire did in the last one- with a whimper.

In the end the last trilology acted something like a course of anti-biotics to me, I had to finish the course to cure me of my rose tinted view of anything Star Wars. It's not a film series that has grown with it's fans. There was a brief glimmer of hope with Rogue One but after that we do need to accept they kids films and are made for the current generation of kids.

Still, would have been nice if Rian Johnson and J.J. Abrams had been on the same page about the direction of the story and characters, even in the same book would have been a start.

So R.I.P. my blind fanboyness of everything Star Wars. In all honesty I should have let you go when Liam Neeson first uttered the word "midichlorians"

On 3/19/2021 at 6:38 PM, wokking56 said:

At the risk of being a downer and getting personal. R.I.P. to my wife of 35 years, she fought C.O.P.D. for a couple of years but covid got to her.

Sorry to hear that.

21 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Please let it be so.  And if it is...CYA bitch.

Fucking good riddance. I wish I could throw hard kicks at her asshole repeatedly on her way out. And some to Lucas too, goddamn sellout

The Duke of Edinburgh died yesterday, aged 99.

A couple of his 'quotes'.

To Susan Edwards and her guide dog in 2002: “They have eating dogs for the anorexic now.”

“People think there’s a rigid class system here but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.” 2000.

Gonna miss Prince Philip.  During Obama's first visit to the UK there was a State dinner party.  Prince Philip was talking to a group of friends and Obama walked up to introduce himself.  All Philip said was "Make mine a vodka tonic, boy."  😆  The thought Obama was a waiter!

17 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Gonna miss Prince Philip.  During Obama's first visit to the UK there was a State dinner party.  Prince Philip was talking to a group of friends and Obama walked up to introduce himself.  All Philip said was "Make mine a vodka tonic, boy."  😆  The thought Obama was a waiter!

Does it not occur to you that the story is apocryphal and designed to play to the prejudices of people like you? At state events people are formerly introduced, they do not just dander up to people and introduce themselves. This is leaving aside the fact that the D of E was intelligent enough to know what the president of the USA looked like or that the waiters didn't wear the same clothes as the guests.

22 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Does it not occur to you that the story is apocryphal and designed to play to the prejudices of people like you? At state events people are formerly introduced, they do not just dander up to people and introduce themselves. This is leaving aside the fact that the D of E was intelligent enough to know what the president of the USA looked like or that the waiters didn't wear the same clothes as the guests.

Philip knew who Obama was.  That's what's makes it funny.  Can't believe something like this needs to be explained to you...well actually I can all things considered.

18 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Philip knew who Obama was.  That's what's makes it funny.  Can't believe something like this needs to be explained to you...well actually I can all things considered.

So rather than refute me with a credible source for your story you have decided to go straight for the ad hom.

Could you explain what all the things to be considered are?

12 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Hard pass.

No idea what that means but I understood these:

First post:

13 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

The thought Obama was a waiter!

Second post:

12 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Philip knew who Obama was.

Ah, the true face of elite level American politics and financial sector. Now we'll have to find a new scapegoat to exonerate and elevate in notoriety. Maybe Ghislaine Maxwell? That would be pretty woke and virtuous.