Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

On 8/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, Aylis said:

Including the ODD i got five:

1. OS and work (SSD)

2. Data (HDD)

3. Games (SSD)

4. Backups (HDD)

And it is drives, not partitions. ?

In the long run i'll replace them all with new SSD. 

The M2 finally arrived. Now i can continue with the tests and (later) a few comments about NVME for gaming.

i have 3. 

1 os (SSD)

2. Storage (HDD)

3. Games and photos (HDD)

my 4th is backup thats unplugged and stored in a drawer on my desk for photos music etc

Updating Status to 'Prerelease 1.0.4'

A new ENB dropped and i like the looks of it. Now 'Reshade' and 'Decent ENB' are not needed anymore. I'll add more textures, a few weapons and i found something for more trees (after 200 years some trees should have regrown, right?).

REMOVED mods:

Reshade

Companion Bugfixes

Craftable Armor Size

Added mods:

A Forest                                                      - World

Better Companions - All In One                 - Patches and Fixes

Companion Heal Thyself                            - Patches and Fixes

Crimsomrider's Unique Furniture               - Building
Faster Workshop (Workshop Lag Fix)         - Patches and Fixes

Fixed Alpha Maps                                       - Patches and Fixes

LegacySlayer And Toadies NIArms HK416 - Weapon Override

Heckler und Koch - G36 Complex              - Weapon Override

SavrenX Detailed Hair                                - PC

SavrenX HD Settlement and Clutters         - Textures

SavrenX HD Settlement and Clutters DLC  - Textures

SavrenX HD Settlement and Clutters Fix    - Patches and Fixes
Service Rifle                                                - Weapon Override

Vanilla Weapon Replacer - Service Rifle     - Weapon Override

In Testphase:

Wattz Laser Gun

Vanilla Weapon Replacer - Wattz Laser Gun  This could possibly replace a few other mods.

@asebw

The Mk14 has to be build up, then it becomes a very valid sniper rifle. And if you find one of the hidden variants the fun really starts.

The HK 416 is quite good from the start and a beast later on (when you get the manuals to alter it). The only (slight) problem is that the mod is still Beta and requires more finetuning. The droprates are a bit off atm.

The G36 is interesting but hard to find. You need blueprints to modify it and those are really well hidden.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

The Mk14 has to be build up, then it becomes a very valid sniper rifle. And if you find one of the hidden variants the fun really starts.

The HK 416 is quite good from the start and a beast later on (when you get the manuals to alter it). The only (slight) problem is that the mod is still Beta and requires more finetuning. The droprates are a bit off atm.

The G36 is interesting but hard to find. You need blueprints to modify it and those are really well hidden.

Oh, I am well aware of the blueprint hunt for the G36. Not the first time I've used the mod. It can be a little pricey and a pain in the butt to get them all, but it ends up with a decent gun. Slightly underpowered for my super mutants if memory serves, but a good raider popper.

The 416. . . I'm debating whether I want to even touch that one. That one has weird written all over it. It feels overly complicated for a gun mod, specially since it needs 2 or 3 dedicated benches to work. Gonna give it another try, see how it goes. 

As for the mk14, what do you mean by build up? There parts other then the mods you can craft at the workbench?

Uh, with that last forest mod, there's starting to be a few too many trees in the game now. Line of sight is difinetly becoming an issue. Curious to know if you are running into the same thing.

On a side note, had to get rid of the 416. The mod is doing something tres bizarre to the loot tables. Something that is apparently intended by the mod authors, but when one raider holds 4 slightly different versions of the same airsoft gun well, there's a problem. It's also causing a lot of random ammunitions to drop in small numbers. Pretty sure part of the problem is from the Loot Logic mod i'm using, but my instinct is also telling me there's something hinky with the mod itself. Might give it another go down the road once they get out of the beta, but for now, it's outta my list.

@asebw

With the forest i still have to look for textures. I really wish some mods for Skyrim SE would work in Fallout. That would make a lot of things way easier. ?

The HK 416 is modifying the loottables. Hopefully i can get the OA to change a few things regarding that. Atm i'm still compiling a list where he should take a look at. The version before the last one was better in that regard. The gun itself and its animations are great.

On a sidenote you only need the first one (aka the workbench) to get the 416 working. The other two arn't really necessary.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

With the forest i still have to look for textures. I really wish some mods for Skyrim SE would work in Fallout. That would make a lot of things way easier. ?

The HK 416 is modifying the loottables. Hopefully i can get the OA to change a few things regarding that. Atm i'm still compiling a list where he should take a look at. The version before the last one was better in that regard. The gun itself and its animations are great.

On a sidenote you only need the first one (aka the workbench) to get the 416 working. The other two arn't really necessary.

Yeah, I could see some of the tree mods making a difference in fallout, but I think the engines are too different to make the conversion. Huh, now that I think about it, I need to go back and redo my DynDOLOD with smaller trees, so I can actually see the forest i'm in heheh.

I'm testing some other make-fallout-harder mods atm, so I'll probably keep the hk416 out of the loop for now. Might give it another try after that, or wait for a newer version of the 416 to come out with better loot tables. Something in my list is causing a fair bit of load time, and i'm trying to figure out if its one of those mods, or all the damn trees and grass that need to be rendered.

@Aylis

So, after much consideration, I have determined, that I cannot, literally, see the forest for the trees. Cause there are too many trees. Commonwealth Connifers Redux and A forest put way too many trees into the mix. One or the other is nice, but both together. . .  I literally fell into the quarry by accident cause I couldn't tell where I was.

On a side note, been testing the Projectile Rocket Launcher. It's a nice alternative to the regular rocket launcher, and it comes with some neat options. There's also a replacer.

Updating Status to 'Prerelease 1.0.5'

Found a second ENB that works. Plus a few bugfixes.

Sadly we can't really see which package overwrites another one. I guess the 'Advanced' section will get a few entries later on.

REMOVED mods:

A Forest                                                      - Way too much obvious clipping in Nuka World. Don't want to know what happens in Far Harbor...

VIS-G                                                          - Causes more problems than it helps. Going back to VIS even if that one requires more patches.

Moved mods:

SavrenX Organic Gore                                            - to 'Foundation'

SavrenX Food and Foodware                                 - to 'Foundation'

SavrenX HD Junk and Props DLC                          - to 'Foundation'

SavrenX HD Settlement and Clutters                     - to 'Foundation'

SavrenX HD Settlement and Clutters DLC             - to 'Foundation'

Added mods:

APC HD                                                                    - to 'Textures'

SavrenX HD 1K Buildings and Interior                     - to 'Foundation'

SavrenX Landscape Interior Building DLC               - to 'Foundation'

Valdacil's Item Sorting                                             - to 'UI'

VIS - Armor by Class v9.1                                        - to 'UI'

VIS - Cosmetics by Class v9.1                                  - to 'UI'

Rad-Ban Eyewear Inc. - VIS - Compatibility Patch   - to 'Patches and Fixes

VISplus Keyword Fix                                                - to 'Final'

VISplus Keyword Fix Armor by Class                       - to 'Final'

VISplus Keyword Fix Cosmetics by Class                 - to 'Final'

VISplus Keyword Fix Def Inv Tags                            - to 'Final'

Radrose Usability Enhancements                            - to 'Final'

In Testphase:

Clarity 3.1 True Storms Version

HK G36 Complex Constructable Mods and Addons

Wattz Laser Gun

Vanilla Weapon Replacer - Wattz Laser Gun  This could possibly replace a few other mods.

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

VIS-G                                                          - Causes more problems than it helps. Going back to VIS even if that one requires more patches.

I feel like I should say I told you so ><. Will give vis a try myself later.

3 hours ago, asebw said:

I feel like I should say I told you so ><. Will give vis a try myself later.

?

Was the cause of a bug that has been plaguing me for years. I never suspected Vis-G. You're the reason that i gave the old VIS another go... Now the bug is gone!

But now we need quite a few ESP more. There are still a few icons missing, but thats a thing that only takes a bit of time 'til i find a solution.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

?

Was the cause of a bug that has been plaguing me for years. I never suspected Vis-G. You're the reason that i gave the old VIS another go... Now the bug is gone!

But now we need quite a few ESP more. There are still a few icons missing, but thats a thing that only takes a bit of time 'til i find a solution.

Well, if space is such an issue, I found that some of the smaller mods can be converted to ESP flagged ESL. Been running with a bunch of them I converted and there hasn't been an issue yet. Out of your list, these are the ones I've converted so far.

Spoiler

night time god rays
live action handy
remove interior fog
robcofun magazine
radio model repalcer
purified water soup
plasmaimpact fix
nuka cola storage rack fix
far harbor perk fix
bed fix
shell rain
bobblegirl
cleaner&dirtiersoups

Sufficed to say, converting to pure ESL is a little more complicated, and involves mucking around with the creation kit. It's doable, but converting to ESP flagged ESL is just changing an option in F04Edit. Much easier to work with.

47 minutes ago, Aylis said:

GIMME!

I could make a FOMOD out of them and, if the OA agree, upload them here (of course you'll be credited ?).

Define gimme. If you want, I could either

a) repack the converted mods and somehow send them to you, or

b) give you the link to the guide I used to convert them or give you a quick write up (the guide seems to be a little out of date, but it does work)

The ones I have listed are the ones I have had converted for awhile and seem to be working without issue. I've got some others i've converted and am currently testing, both from your list and some of my own like to use mods. I should also point out that some mods that look like they could be made into esp flagged esls won't convert for various reasons (like looks mirror). I think those could be made into true esls, but that would take some more work. Haven't tried that yet, but might give it a go this weekend.

Guest yeah758

Where is the "Aylis Preset" file. She is my favorite character in SSE. BTW I have been using your SSE version but I didn't know you had a FO4 version until I saw it in the SSE thread. I then bought FO4 just to mod it with your guide since I liked the SSE one so much. I recommend you put a link to each version in the first post in each version so people know about both versions.

@asebw

Both of option 'B' would be good. If i don't manage it (got no clue about scripting) we can still go with option 'A' later. ?

@yeah758

You want the preset for this Aylis?

Spoiler

Aylis02.png.3e565790a1693207b9436e74c2c066fc.png

Aylis.png.dc0d19512a999d18ad693c9fd9637f89.png

Thats the 'slim' bodytype from FSM. Right now i use a different one and still got to tweak the settings for ENB and perhaps lighting as well.

Crosslinking the two threads... Maybe later when i get this one to 'Release'. There have been so many changes in the last six months that i have to rework quite a few things.

Guest yeah758
2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Sorry, but thats beyond me. I don't know a way to convert that one to FO4.

Within the same game is no problem. But from Skyrim SE to FO4, no idea...

I knew it couldn't be converted I was just hoping you had a similar one. 

4 hours ago, yeah758 said:

I knew it couldn't be converted I was just hoping you had a similar one. 

If we had a similar creator for chars like the one in Skyrim SE then i'd already have her in FO4. Sadly thats not the case.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:11 AM, asebw said:

I gotta say, the mk14 is pretty underwhelming. It's a meh assault rifle stat-wise. Looks like it's supposed to be convertible into some sort of pseudo-sniper rifle, but, the stats are not there to back it up. I think the service rifle or the Factor - Modular Rifle would be a better alternative.

Factor's quite good, but the M14 EBR's a nice versatile DMR, particularly as you get perks and can mod it more.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:29 AM, Aylis said:

Ah.

VIS-G uses most of the game's UI/scaleform resources, from memory, and can fairly easily CTD, especially if you add something like AAF into the mix.
While it's a more complicated set-up than VIS/VIS-G, Ruddy88's Simple Sorter is a much better solution.
There's some setup involved, including having & using xEdit, which you run if you add/remove shit to the modlist/load order, but eliminates the need for thirty thousand different patches for a sorting mod. The mod description covers pretty much everything you'd need, to get it running.

And I see you have the G36's craftable addons mod in 'testing'. Was gunna suggest that, since I saw mention of the G36.
There's also a fantastic UMP45 [same author as the MP7] on Nexus as well, if you're adding stand-alone weapons. [Dad loves the UMP45, after I installed it for him. Heh]

Otherwise, I'd suggest Modern Firearms. Covers a wide variety of weapons, pistols, SMG's, AR's, DMR's, sniper rifles, Vulcan [M163, that the vanilla 'minigun' is based on], 20mm and 88mm tank cannons, and M79 & M32 MGL [nade launchers].
Fairly small, given the content. Am in the discord, so I grab the beta-releases, but 2.6.2 just went up on the website as a 'stable' release, too.
And yes, it's rather well known for having much more damage in/output than vanilla, but the holotape/MCM can solve that in seconds. [Damage modifier, 25% increments from 125%, to 25%, with I think 25% being roughly vanilla-equivalent]

I'd also offer up SKK50's Fast Start, among his other mods, as an alternative to SMU. Kicks in immediately from exiting the mirror intro scene, to riding the vault elevator back to the surface in ~1min.
His Workshop Utilities are also quite good. Recently added a beds-based recruitment limit to it, rather than the charisma-based recruitment limit. Any thing over the Beds -1 # [-1 for player] is dismissed unless already given a job, so you don't get stupid amounts of settlers when you accidentally leave a beacon on.
Has some other good stuff, as well.

Also, as an alternative/replacement for Improved Map, I personally use Satellite Map Colour Map Combo which combines a Satellite map and a colour map in one mod. Roughly halves your zoom-out max for it, but fairly sure you could INI tweak that back out to the norm. The detail & options is amazing. Used to use the Improved Map & Roads, but I could *not* go back.

There's also D.E.C.A.Y. 2.0, for a feral ghoul overhaul. Probably covers a bit much at once, though.

And since I can't see it in the list, I'd strongly recommend XDI. Especially if you go with the tweaked DLL and combine the original prompts, with the XDI text. [One of the posts, might be a couple pages in by now]
Along with Faster Terminal Displays, which is a lovely QOL mod.
Can't forget Faster Workshop either. Assign hotkey, instantly open the workshop menu. No delays, never had an issue. Love it.

There's also FO4 Hotkeys, which is quite nice. Lets you set hotkeys for specific keybinds, including item toggles, such as the one for the West Tek NVG's.

I also strongly recommend replacing Legendary Modification. Crafting Framework covers as much and more. Was Legendary Crafting Framework, but he rewrote things and it already covered slightly more than only the legendaries, thus the name change/new mod page.

I'll also suggest Settlement Objects Expansion Pack [SOE Pack] and Settlement Supplies Expanded [Settlement Keywords Expanded optional, not required]. Both quite good, at a ton of options to workshop building, and SSEX [dunno 'bout SOE from memory] has some holotape config as well.

Oh and no cash register sound, for XP gains. Hated that shit.

Think that about covers everything off the top of my head/mod list.
If people still have issues with the Mk14 EBR's Main Files, and the 1.5 isn't sufficient for whatever reason, open offer for a google drive link to my copy of them that's intact. Made a similar offer on /r/falloutmods, as there seems to be an issue with the CDN distributing the files globally. Works for some, not others. ?‍♀️

CPU: AMD FX 8350 or equivalent (Minimum).

This pains me. But I can't argue it either. :(