Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Added more informations to 'Memory' (in Tips and Tricks). Hopefully this will help a bit to get a better experience.

Should i put up a recommendation for a system build, where you don't have to sell a kidney, as well?

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

Added an entry for 'Bodyslide' in 'Recommended Settings'. It never failed that way...

For LL i use this atm (no thats not a recommendation - i just wanted to see if it runs at all ?).

Reveal hidden contents

LL.png.97a7c23ae9f6880c250d2a1a62472841.png

@asebw

I just followed the instructions shown in the description of 'VIS-G'. You have to get 'Def-UI' right (thats the critical part) and install in the same order as in the list, then it should run fine. But i don't use the strap-ons (at least i didn't find a mod for that in my list here) maybe those got a problem with a mesh. Also i do not use the patch from 'Vault Girl Interface' for 'Def-UI'. That is a SWF that causes a lot of problems.

SavrenX dropped the next pack of updates which i'm going to check now (if that goes on he'll rework the whole game ?). There will also be a few things to make the ferals creepier.

The strap-on is part of the one patch to bang them all now. If you look at the ESPs that come with it, the strap-on is one of them. Your LL list is very different from the one in the thread you currently have in the LL. Will take a look at that. I have followed the VIS-G desc as well. Take out the one patch to bang them all, and it works fine. It's just that damn strap on that is causing problems. However, I also have a few other leads I want to check on. 

HAven't had a problem with the Def_UI patch for vault girl, but maybe it's something that's happening in the background. I know that it has problems if you don't do the def_Ui patch. Will look into it.

Yeah, SavrenX is doing some real good work. I'm surprised at how much he's done, and its got that real post-apocalyptic feel to his stuff too. Curious to see if he'll take a stab at player textures.

@asebw

No problem. I screw up often enough myself... ?

With the upgrade of my RAM it is an absolute smooth sailing now (it finally arrived). I'm happier than a squirrel that got free reign in a nut factory. ?

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

No problem. I screw up often enough myself... ?

With the upgrade of my RAM it is an absolute smooth sailing now (it finally arrived). I'm happier than a squirrel that got free reign in a nut factory. ?

Heh, yeah, more ram is usually good ram. Currently rebuilding my modlist to better troubleshoot the vis-g issue. Don't know if its the strap-on or something in the files themselves that's causing the problem. Hopefully will have a better answer sooner.

ok the verify files isn't it. i jusst got home and tried bodyslide and still a fatal exeption going into the data folder. i'll try redownloading bodyslide and see if that works

Reinstalled bodyslide and got this

Spoiler

image.png.657c9cbc87537c502d58f43ad4ca7c79.png

is it possible the other bodyslide is interfering? 

@Aylisi don't know when they did it but MO2 is now only on the skyrim se nexus mo2 page, you can't get it from fallout page

37 minutes ago, jaeos said:

ok the verify files isn't it. i jusst got home and tried bodyslide and still a fatal exeption going into the data folder. i'll try redownloading bodyslide and see if that works

Reinstalled bodyslide and got this

Hide contents

image.png.657c9cbc87537c502d58f43ad4ca7c79.png

is it possible the other bodyslide is interfering? 

@Aylisi don't know when they did it but MO2 is now only on the skyrim se nexus mo2 page, you can't get it from fallout page

It's been like that for awhile. MO2 moved to the skyrim page so as to not have to update/follow multiple pages.

As for you and bodyslide, I can feel it in my bones that you are doing something innocuous that is screwing everything up, but i'll be damned if I can figure out what yet. The fact that it worked outside of MO means that you've got MO configured the wrong way. My first thought would be that stuff you got in the start in line of the MO exe. Try getting rid of that and see what happens. Also, check the game data path in bodyslide to see where it is pointing. Make sure it is pointing to the data folder for fallout 4. As for the above, you should be able to put that in manually. Not the first time bodyslide has been unable to find a game. . . 

While yer at it, go to the mo2 settings, and verify that everything in the Paths tab is pointing to the right stuff.

19 minutes ago, asebw said:

It's been like that for awhile. MO2 moved to the skyrim page so as to not have to update/follow multiple pages.

As for you and bodyslide, I can feel it in my bones that you are doing something innocuous that is screwing everything up, but i'll be damned if I can figure out what yet. The fact that it worked outside of MO means that you've got MO configured the wrong way. My first thought would be that stuff you got in the start in line of the MO exe. Try getting rid of that and see what happens. Also, check the game data path in bodyslide to see where it is pointing. Make sure it is pointing to the data folder for fallout 4. As for the above, you should be able to put that in manually. Not the first time bodyslide has been unable to find a game. . . 

While yer at it, go to the mo2 settings, and verify that everything in the Paths tab is pointing to the right stuff.

I fixed it (sort of) instead of the normal open fallout4//skyrim se/skyrim etc i told it to make it an instance version. when i did that and open it as fallout 4 and install bodyslide it opened up without issue. so now i'll install cbbe and see if it still works

Updating Status to 'Prerelease 1.0.3'

A few updates for textures, improving the ferals and an additional armor.

Added mods:

CROSS_Courser Strigidae                                             - Armor

CROSS_Courser Strigidae - CBBE 1st Person Arm Fix  - Armor

Ghouls Add Sound Caiena                                           - Sound

Immersive and Extended Lexington                            - World

More Feral Ghouls. A Zombie Mod                             - Override

SavrenX Food and Foodware                                      - Textures

SavrenX HD Junk and Props DLC                                - Textures

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

Updating Status to 'Prerelease 1.0.3'

A few updates for textures, improving the ferals and an additional armor.

Added mods:

CROSS_Courser Strigidae                                             - Armor

CROSS_Courser Strigidae - CBBE 1st Person Arm Fix  - Armor

Ghouls Add Sound Caiena                                           - Sound

Immersive and Extended Lexington                            - World

More Feral Ghouls. A Zombie Mod                             - Override

SavrenX Food and Foodware                                      - Textures

SavrenX HD Junk and Props DLC                                - Textures

Heh, when I saw the more feral ghouls mod, I thought for a second you were adding Zombie Walkers

@Aylis

Out of curiosity, have you tried Better Companions - All In One? I am curious as you have a patch put in for companion perks and some of the misc fixes. This would not replace the companion fixes, but I find this mod makes companions a little more reliable, specially when paired with Companion Heal Thyself.

Also, Scrap Everything might be a better alternative to spring cleaning. 

18 hours ago, Aylis said:

@jaeos

Check if you're not accidently using the bodyslide for Skyrim... ?

Added a recommendation for MO2.

when i start body slide i get the which game is this for (according to the faq is normal) but like i showed, if i go only to fallout and not into the data folder i have all the meshes. but once i tell it go into the fallout data folder boom.. "fatal exception has occurred the program will now close" i switched to MOBILE i think it's called and installed the exact same bodyslide and no issues, i have the mods i installed outfits and bodies. (gotta reinstall all the mods but.. eh)

EDIT: When you are installing these are you putting each one as a separate mod or are you merge modding the add-ons for those mods?

@jaeos

I installed bodyslide twice. Once for Skyrim SE (in .../mods/Skyrim) and then again for Fallout 4 (in .../mods/Fallout 4). 

Usually i keep the parts of mods separate, when i make an exception i add a remark regarding that in the list. That way it is easier to keep track of what is already installed. Especially if you want to modify something in a month or two.

13 hours ago, jaeos said:

when i start body slide i get the which game is this for (according to the faq is normal) but like i showed, if i go only to fallout and not into the data folder i have all the meshes. but once i tell it go into the fallout data folder boom.. "fatal exception has occurred the program will now close" i switched to MOBILE i think it's called and installed the exact same bodyslide and no issues, i have the mods i installed outfits and bodies. (gotta reinstall all the mods but.. eh)

EDIT: When you are installing these are you putting each one as a separate mod or are you merge modding the add-ons for those mods?

No, you never mix mods from different games, even if they have the same names. You treat your mods like you treat your chicken: Do not cross contaminate. 

Actually, your screenshots didn't show anything useful. You showed the error, but you don't show any of the settings. Can you get a screen grab of the bodyslide settings that cause the error to occur? Also, did you ever get rid of that start in line in the MO2 bodyslide executable?

2 hours ago, asebw said:

@Aylis

Question: Do you move ESPs flagged as an ESL to the top of the list along with your ESLs, or leave them in the same place in the load order?

They stay where they are. The position is required as they are still ESP. The flag for ESL only makes sure that they are adressed differently.

@jaeos

You use 'Fusion Body' (wasn't it called 'Fusion Girl')? That one is afaik not compatible with CBBE!

So you'll have to hunt down bodyslides which were specifically made for it. I guess at least 50% of the armors in the list havn't been converted. Plus dismemberment still not working...

Sorry, but i got to switch to my language for a moment. The links will only help people in my general area anyway...

Tip für eine mechanische Tastatur.

Für alle die mit einer deutschen Tastaturbelegung etwas anfangen können. ?

Falls Ihr nach einer brauchbaren günstigen mechanischen Tastatur sucht dann solltet Ihr Euch mal die folgenden zwei Links von Amazon anschauen:

LESHP Tastatur (Rote Beleuchtung und Schalter)

LHSEP Tastatur (RGB Beleuchtung und blaue Schalter)

Ich habe z.Zt. die rote Version hier und das Tippgefühl ist fast das Gleiche wie bei der wesentlich teureren Corsair K70 (die kurz nach Ablauf der Garantie kaputt ging). Es gibt kleinere Unterschiede aber die sind, mir zumindest, nicht den Aufpreis von knapp 150€ wert.

Wie sie sich über längere Zeit bewährt muss sich noch erweisen. Meine ist seit knapp einer Woche hier aber ich bin sehr überrascht so etwas Gutes zu einem so geringen Preis bekommen zu haben.

Now it's back to english again... ?

@Aylis

What problems did you run into with immersive and extended Lexington 1.7? Doing some testing with other stuff and I am curious to know what you ran into so I know what to look for.

Also, the newest version of the vault girl interface seems to have gotten rid of the swf problems. Having no issues with the full interface (yet).

12 minutes ago, asebw said:

@Aylis

What problems did you run into with immersive and extended Lexington 1.7? Doing some testing with other stuff and I am curious to know what you ran into so I know what to look for.

Sometimes only doors and loose equipment visible. Houses dis- and reappearing when you changed direction. Invisible objects etc.

Wasn't pretty. Using the older version fixed all of the problems.

@Aylis @asebw i think you both misunderstood. i did do separate installs for both skyrim and fallout 4. Skyrim and Fallout have separate mod folders and mod download folders But i also use A.S.I.A. for the whole imma synth and i know it thing. the reason you saw fusion girl was that is just what i pulled up to show i didn't have textures. i then went into settings and added /data to the end of the 'WHERE IS THE GAME" setting 

Spoiler

image.png.79f993386c1375172d310b9a3413f93e.png

The screenshots you saw was the game data path only being \steam\steamapps\common\fallout 4. when i add in \data is when i got fatal exception this program will now close.

the fusion body has a cbbe version HERE called radiation queen or i'm just misreading it /Shrug. i'll figure it out. not a big deal if i shut off fusion girl (i think i have no mods that require it, but i'll double check)

on a side note here is what my MO folder looks like i highlighted the seperate folders for skyrim and fallout

Spoiler

image.png.3b73a645c796c26d9d040f6e6e3288b4.png

ok it's required for a preset i had called diana. i found one for ruby rose i like much better anyway.

Well.. now we get to see if it all works. i just got it all installed as a portable instance and it wasn't acting funny. got bodyslide to work and render all the armors so... but it will be after i get off work. i gotta leave in 15 to make it on time,