Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

2 hours ago, MrDark7100 said:

There is only one thing i think should be added, that is a explanation on esp vs esl vs ba2 vs loose and you advice . 

There is a load limit of 255 esps and esms. After that, bad things happen when you try to run the game.

ESLs use a different memory space, so there's no upper limit on how many esls you can have. However, after a few hundred, you will run into memory issues.

BA2s are the archives that game data is packed in. This is Bethesda's archiving format.

Loose files are the same files not packed into a BA2. Data packed into BA2s run a little faster when it comes to loading (so I had been told way back, can be debatable). Loose file mods are left loose cause some users like to manually merge their mods. 

On 10/3/2019 at 5:20 PM, Kangaroo69 said:

The mod author of Functional Bridges has moved to Bethesda exclusively:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20772

Anyone got the file?

While the mod data gets added to the fallout 4 folder directly, if you do download functional bridges from Bethesda.net, the plugin should still show up in the MO2 plugin list. Might have to refresh once or twice once it's installed.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:06 PM, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

I didn't know about the wabbajack stuff.Interesting.

I am thinking about trying to get Fallout 4 going again. Starting from scratch.

One persistant problem I had was the static sounding noise in the background.

There seem to be different causes of it and the fixes people recommend online did not work for me.

Any ideas ?

I'll go back and read this thread before I start in case I need the advice in it to fix anything else.

The Wabbajack stuff is still fresh new. Dunno how long it's been around, but I only started hearing about it in September. 

As for the sound, depends on the sound. Try installing the Reverb and Ambience overhaul, see if it makes a difference. If that doesn't work, and none of the common sound-related fixes work, only other thing I can think of is to update your sound drivers. Otherwise, the issue might be related to your hardware rather than the game itself.

22 minutes ago, asebw said:

There is a load limit of 255 esps and esms. After that, bad things happen when you try to run the game.

ESLs use a different memory space, so there's no upper limit on how many esls you can have. However, after a few hundred, you will run into memory issues.

BA2s are the archives that game data is packed in. This is Bethesda's archiving format.

Loose files are the same files not packed into a BA2. Data packed into BA2s run a little faster when it comes to loading (so I had been told way back, can be debatable). Loose file mods are left loose cause some users like to manually merge their mods. 

Thank you for the concise explanation.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:40 PM, MrDark7100 said:

Thank you for the concise explanation.

just to add to what @asebw said, loose files will have a higher priority then BA files eg. Red texture in ba file will lose if you have A blue texture of the same name in loose files. Also there is a size limit to ESL files and they have a lower priority then ESP files.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:18 PM, asebw said:

While the mod data gets added to the fallout 4 folder directly, if you do download functional bridges from Bethesda.net, the plugin should still show up in the MO2 plugin list. Might have to refresh once or twice once it's installed.

@MrDark7100  Just a thought Once it's downloaded you could go into your Fallout 4/Data folder find it's BA file and esp file and repack it into a zip file and import to MO.

15 hours ago, mashup47 said:

just to add to what @asebw said, loose files will have a higher priority then BA files eg. Red texture in ba file will lose if you have A blue texture of the same name in loose files. Also there is a size limit to ESL files and they have a lower priority then ESP files.

Huh, I did not know that. Interesting.

15 hours ago, mashup47 said:

@MrDark7100  Just a thought Once it's downloaded you could go into your Fallout 4/Data folder find it's BA file and esp file and repack it into a zip file and import to MO.

I'm hoping once this mod pack nonesense is sorted out, the files will come back to the nexus. Just have to wait and see unfortunately.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 6:21 PM, mashup47 said:

Also, if it is on the CC you subscribe, let it install, exit the game. MO2 will have it in the overwrite folder. create a mod from it and unsub on the CC.

• 1 month later...

.-.  .  .--  ---  .-.  -.-    ...  -  .-  .-.  -  .  -.. ?

Spoiler

Changes?

Way too many to list...

enb2020_6_18_18_22_19.jpg.c16b2299e963133989c7af46fe276865.jpg

Started to upload newer screenshots (more will come later).

Getting rid of the head/throatseam is almost impossible. I got close, but it is still not perfect.

Completely reworked the landscape. This should offer the best combination for the visuals.

Added a few questmods. A lot of the formerly closed houses are now open and you find something new in every corner.

Interesting update. Not sure about the LL section though. Finding the one patch to be a bit of a pain to use since you have to go in and much around with the files. Currently trying out a non one patch configuration to see how that would work out.

17 hours ago, asebw said:

Interesting update. Not sure about the LL section though. Finding the one patch to be a bit of a pain to use since you have to go in and much around with the files. Currently trying out a non one patch configuration to see how that would work out.

ROFL.

Thats what i've been testing yesterday. I might add a cut down list for LL later. Many assummed the 'frozen Supermutants' were caused by physics. Nope. I got it down to three possible mods in LL causing this (one is that patch ;)).

Readded physics to 'Override'. They were not the cause of the annoying bug with the SM.

Reworked some tags and additional notes.

Looks like its the patch that causes the issue (tested with Farelle and/or Leito and always had the same problem). Will add my own list later on (plus some mods i tested) after i've removed mods and gone through some combinations.

And another char bites the dust...

Added my (now) quite short list for AAF. But i'd rather have a shorter list of animations than dead SM that are frozen in place and can't be interacted with.

12 hours ago, Aylis said:

ROFL.

Thats what i've been testing yesterday. I might add a cut down list for LL later. Many assummed the 'frozen Supermutants' were caused by physics. Nope. I got it down to three possible mods in LL causing this (one is that patch ;)).

Great minds think alike I guess ><. Though I do not know if non-one patch will make it right now. Having some hit and miss issues with animations. Think I will shelve it and come back to it after the move.

12 hours ago, Aylis said:

And another char bites the dust...

And that's why I save my saves.

Spoiler

1365518708_thesaves.png.ffbc339e845dcb2d3e38f3f40c72212f.png

Hi,   @asebw  and/or  @Aylis,  I have a question one or both of you since both of you know this mod list and guide pretty well..      

if I followed this thread guide or asebw's linked guide thread above..      will it make it difficult to use other mods I would maybe like to use?

I mean fps difficult or stuttering..     I'm making a new mod list this year, especially since certain mods came out now..       I mean stuff like aaf or random slavery stuff or whatever..

Idk yet really, but I know I probably want stalkers and combat surrenders..     aaf  rse II  maybe,  combat strip, etc..       I just am asking your opinion on this cuz I

need to get it done by this weekend if possible  lol

..oh,  one thing I forgot..     if I add stuff like I'm wanting to..  can I just throw it all after this guide's mod list order?

4 hours ago, shadowclone0 said:

Hi,   @asebw  and/or  @Aylis,  I have a question one or both of you since both of you know this mod list and guide pretty well..      

if I followed this thread guide or asebw's linked guide thread above..      will it make it difficult to use other mods I would maybe like to use?

I mean fps difficult or stuttering..     I'm making a new mod list this year, especially since certain mods came out now..       I mean stuff like aaf or random slavery stuff or whatever..

Idk yet really, but I know I probably want stalkers and combat surrenders..     aaf  rse II  maybe,  combat strip, etc..       I just am asking your opinion on this cuz I

..oh,  one thing I forgot..     if I add stuff like I'm wanting to..  can I just throw it all after this guide's mod list order?

If you are using MO2 for this, you can experiment with the additional mods and see how they work. There is conflicts listed in MO2 and you can then see them and decide what needs to "win" and put that mod below the one you want to "loose" so that the parts you want will end up in the game. (answering the mod list stuff that is added)

You should be able to do this with Vortex to some extent however, not sure how the conflicts are show (or well they are) and the ordering. In MO2 anyone can easily see the order shown and make changes. (left side)

with MO2, you can create a new profile and if setup to keep saves separated, when you copy a profile over and make changes you can experiment with this and see if this setup is better than the other one. In time you can tweak and tweak until it is as good as you possibly get without actually firing up the GECK and editing the individual mods. (also each mod is in a different folder under "mods" in the Mod organizer folder or where you told it to go to so you can open up them anytime and see what  is what and even do some minor texture updates, reskins and such. I personally had several customized folder mods that I used the last time I fired up for NV a serious game.

2 hours ago, shadowclone0 said:

Well, either list will serve you well. This one is more geared toward's Aylis' preferences, and mine is geared more towards updaing/enhancing the original FO4 experience. Both will leave you wiggle room to add you own mods. Cept for some of the replacers, you could probably combine both lists if you wanted, though I don't know what the count will be at the end of that. Or you could cherry pick what you want from both lists. Either list will serve you well.

The only caveat to that would be that the LL section of my list needs to be updated. Hoping to get that done in the next day or so, probably the weekend depending on how things go.

Thank you both for you answers!   It helped me figure out the basic part of my plan for the most part.   :D

I think I'm kind of scared of modding FO4 too much, even though I modded Skyrim LE like crazy..   FO4 just seems strange I guess and I think it's cuz I didn't really play the whole game once through..     also, I know it's strange about items properties controlling everything..   or that's what modders said back then when I was reading about stuff..

I'm probably mostly scared of having a nightmare of endless bugs  lol    ..uh, hopefully that won't happen  lol

@asebw

The big problem is simply that you can't please all. If you try to do that you're most likely going to fail and the list will be for no one as it gets too complicated. 

@shadowclone0

Even if i'm late. Don't worry too much. Disregarding AAF (and the mods using it) FO4 is quite stable and only has few bugs which should be covered by the list. Only AAF gets complicated and has a few issues. In the end i had way more problems with Skyrim SE than Fallout 4.

Got a solution for the 'One patch to bang them all'. Will update the group with instructions.

On 6/24/2020 at 1:48 PM, Aylis said:

Many assummed the 'frozen Supermutants' were caused by physics. Nope. I got it down to three possible mods in LL causing this (one is that patch ;)).

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

Got a solution for the 'One patch to bang them all'. Will update the group with instructions.

Yeah, that's caused by the Skeleton.hkx, because it wasn't finished.
And unfortunately, few if anyone left can finish it, assuming they make the attempt.

22 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Yeah, that's caused by the Skeleton.hkx, because it wasn't finished.
And unfortunately, few if anyone left can finish it, assuming they make the attempt.

So true. Sadly the skeleton we use for the PC is no help either.

Removing MK14 - causes problems with the normal hunting rifle.

Added a few more options for armor.

Added a conversion file for armors from CBBE to Fusion Girl.

New mod for Drumlin Diner

Removed Fallrim Tools for now as it seems to be broken for FO4.

On 6/26/2020 at 5:14 AM, Aylis said:

@asebw

The big problem is simply that you can't please all. If you try to do that you're most likely going to fail and the list will be for no one as it gets too complicated. 

Too true. Both lists are good beginner lists, just taken from different view points. Like I said, both will serve you well. (Yes this reply is late. Currntly in the process of moving house this week and next, so my response times are going to be wonky).

On 6/25/2020 at 6:20 PM, shadowclone0 said:

Thank you both for you answers!   It helped me figure out the basic part of my plan for the most part.   :D

I think I'm kind of scared of modding FO4 too much, even though I modded Skyrim LE like crazy..   FO4 just seems strange I guess and I think it's cuz I didn't really play the whole game once through..     also, I know it's strange about items properties controlling everything..   or that's what modders said back then when I was reading about stuff..

I'm probably mostly scared of having a nightmare of endless bugs  lol    ..uh, hopefully that won't happen  lol

If it makes you feel any better, I find FO4 to be a lot more stable than skyrim when it comes to modding. Its a lot more stable, and while there can be issues, they aren't usually (USUALLY) as game breaking as they can be in skyrim.