Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Please feel free to avoid the spoiler comment: It's just something I need to get off my chest after three days of banging my head on my desk. There is some strong language involved.

Spoiler

Bleeping bleep bleep Vis-G is a Bleeping bleep bleeping piece of bleeping bleep that should be taken out back and bleep bleep bleep esti tarbarnak de modit crappau bleep bleep bleeping bleep. Never in all my years of doing IT have I EVER, EVER come across a program so eager to break shit! Not even the original iTunes was as much of a pain in the bleeping bleeping bleep as this piece of bleep. may this fucker rot in bleeping bleep with a bleeping bleep!

Sufficed to say, I've taken Vis-G out of my mod list. It's too much of a wild card to deal with. 

@Aylis

On a side note, i'm testing converting some of the mods in the list from esp to espesl in an effort to save space. Most of it is small one shot stuff (i.e. remove trish note, red menace magazine, etc). Converting to espesl is easier than trying to create a true esl. Seems to be working fine so far. Will see how the testing goes and let you know.

5 hours ago, asebw said:

Please feel free to avoid the spoiler comment: It's just something I need to get off my chest after three days of banging my head on my desk. There is some strong language involved.

Reveal hidden contents

Bleeping bleep bleep Vis-G is a Bleeping bleep bleeping piece of bleeping bleep that should be taken out back and bleep bleep bleep esti tarbarnak de modit crappau bleep bleep bleeping bleep. Never in all my years of doing IT have I EVER, EVER come across a program so eager to break shit! Not even the original iTunes was as much of a pain in the bleeping bleeping bleep as this piece of bleep. may this fucker rot in bleeping bleep with a bleeping bleep!

Sufficed to say, I've taken Vis-G out of my mod list. It's too much of a wild card to deal with. 

@Aylis

On a side note, i'm testing converting some of the mods in the list from esp to espesl in an effort to save space. Most of it is small one shot stuff (i.e. remove trish note, red menace magazine, etc). Converting to espesl is easier than trying to create a true esl. Seems to be working fine so far. Will see how the testing goes and let you know.

Are you saying it's like fallout 76 "it just works"? ??

4 minutes ago, jaeos said:

Are you saying it's like fallout 76 "it just works"? ??

That thing was crashing my game even when I was just using the mod list. The damn thing has too many variables to make it crash. At least if I were ever to play 76, I shouldn't have to worry about it randomly crashing. Least that's about the only problem I have not heard the damn thing having. . .

No idea why it is causing you soo much trouble... I'm running it for around a year now and the only time it caused trouble was in combination with the inventory SWF of the Vault Girl patch for Def-UI. ?

The next update is already planned, but i got to wait 'til the new NVME arrives next week. My old SSD is full and Amazon managed to send me an M2 for SATA. Which of course won't work with the controller i got here. If all goes well i'll have a few recommendations/informations for hardware again (and this time not only for areas where the people speak german ?).

13 minutes ago, Aylis said:

No idea why it is causing you soo much trouble... I'm running it for around a year now and the only time it caused trouble was in combination with the inventory SWF of the Vault Girl patch for Def-UI. ?

The next update is already planned, but i got to wait 'til the new NVME arrives next week. My old SSD is full and Amazon managed to send me an M2 for SATA. Which of course won't work with the controller i got here. If all goes well i'll have a few recommendations/informations for hardware again (and this time not only for areas where the people speak german ?).

Yeah, I play a much more aggressive mod line up than you do. I like my survival mode brutal, light dusted with the tears of my fallen enemies. And with lots of guns (skibadaa and doombase ftw!). Unfortunately, that leads to more than a few problems with older mods that do not play well with vis-g. I'm also certain some of the older vis patched stuff isn't playing well with the sequel, though I hadn't run into any hard evidence on that part. Some of it works well together, but as soon as you introduce other stuff, even if that new stuff does work, it can cause the other stuff to break. . .

4 hours ago, jaeos said:

@Aylis @asebw

you might look at for the strapon maybe visg will play nicer with it

That is actually the same mod that's been added to the one patch to bang them all. Like I said in my preivous post, there likely isn't 1 specific mod that kept giving vis-g a screaming fit in my mod list. I think when it just comes down to it, vis-g is not as robust as it could be, so that when it does encounter hiccups, it just crashes shit instead of trying to ignore them.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Right off the bat I can tell you that the wattz gun is a pretty good mod. I've used it in the past and it's pretty decent. I personally don't like using it as a replacer because it's that much better than the regular laser gun, and i'd rather the plebes have the crappier gun. If your interested in other fallout lore friendly guns, i'd also recommend:

Bullpup Bozar (Decent gun, not a personal favourite, but one I would recommend)
Service Rifle (This one is a personal favourite and my go to assault rifle.)

Caravan Shotgun (A nice double barrel shotgun replacer, if there is a replacer for it)

Hunting Shotgun (Currently testing this one now, looks good so far)

All by deadpool2099, these guns are very good. Only issue might be whether or not they have replacers. On a side note, wasteland melody's service rifle is NOT as good as deadpools. 

Atm the replacers are a bit of a mixed bag. The author is working on getting them aware of his other replacers so you can use them together (like for example the M9 and the Colt 5620 at the same time). For now it is either one mod or the other one... and if you're not very careful this will cause problems.

In the end i'll try to get more weapons into the game. So that you can find the 'Service Rifle', the 'HK 416' or even one of the rare 'HK G36'. Originally the 'MK14' was replacing the hunting rifle. Then that one appeared way too often (i think it should be rarer and more top tier) and i do like the vanilla version with the wooden stock. There are other replacer mods but setting those up is hard and sometimes a bit confusing.

I want the list to become as easy as possible to install and not flood the users with too many options. The one i got for the service rifle now has 12 different options. That would be a nightmare to include in the list as then i'd get questions all the time (i already get enough PMs). And thats only one weapon!

Addendum:

Just got asked what to download for Skyrim: In the list is 'Enhanced Vanilla Trees', the link leads to 'Enhanced Vanilla Trees', there is only one new file in the download section of Nexus called 'Enhanced Vanilla Trees' and still i get asked what they should download...

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

I want the list to become as easy as possible to install and not flood the users with too many options. The one i got for the service rifle now has 12 different options. That would be a nightmare to include in the list as then i'd get questions all the time (i already get enough PMs). And thats only one weapon!

Heh, too many options? I play with the skibadaa weapon pack and the doombased weapon pack on top of the 10 or so other gun mods i use ><. Granted, I don't use all of those weapons personally. I like my enemies having a mess'o guns to use so it keeps things interesting. Is that a normal mini-gun. or the .50 cal turret machine gun? A tricked out vanilla shotgun, or a catalyst with explosive rounds?

2 hours ago, jaeos said:

i don't think the mk14 mbr is supposed to only shoot north...

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1.png.28eb6930b3480613bd79f3250aa59833.png

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot0.png.ff4282d47758f85e6cf5e1a74857908d.png

so it's out for now for me

I swear you get some of the weirdest, bleeped up errors . . . You've got something toxic in your mod list.

1 hour ago, asebw said:

I swear you get some of the weirdest, bleeped up errors . . . You've got something toxic in your mod list.

isn't that the point? find what will work and will not work together? and it's just the one gun. everything including the airsoft guns shoot where you aim them. and on another note. i unchecked the mk14 mods. logged in and it said patch applied. and low and behold a mk 14 rifle at publik occurrences. purple (missing mesh) and it shoots where you aim it.. 

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

Had that error too. Then there's a problem with the textures...

Did you install the N310 textures too?

I DID. I don't now. It was shooting towards the north and not where i aimed it so i disabled it. and THEN found one after the game says PATCH APPLIED at publik occurrences that shoots where i aim it. i have the damn thing in my inventory. but no mods active for it. It should have just deleted it from the game.

Spoiler

image.png.3a58ffb7a86fab513247acb18187ccab.png

7 hours ago, jaeos said:

I DID. I don't now. It was shooting towards the north and not where i aimed it so i disabled it. and THEN found one after the game says PATCH APPLIED at publik occurrences that shoots where i aim it. i have the damn thing in my inventory. but no mods active for it. It should have just deleted it from the game.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3a58ffb7a86fab513247acb18187ccab.png

You've got something toxic in your mod list i'm telling you. Build up Aylis modlist first, get that working, then start adding extra mods incrementally. That way, you'll be able to track what is causing problems. Also, most of the stuff you have in your final section should not be at the bottom of the list.

commonwealth connifers redux should be under textures (unless that's a patch, then it should go under patches)

no borders under world

vio strap should not even be there because it is now included as the one patch to bang them all

settlement limits slashed could be conflicting with increased build limit enhanced 4k (if you installed it), and should be under building

to name a few. I think part of your problem is that you need to take another look and sort out your mod list as Aylis has them sorted, and turn on the new stuff two or three at a time to make sure they all work properly. You can't just turn everything on at once and expect it to work without a hitch. Things might need to be shifted up or down the list in order to start working like they are supposed to.

@asebw everything under final that isn't "supposed" to be there was mods i didn't see on the list and have not put them in their places yet. (or in remaking the list i've missed them) and have not put them into the correct "sections" yet (easier to see if they are working if the only things in final are 2 mods and everything you've added) (i honestly forgot they were down there. 80 hours at work or work related does make you forget what you were doing :P) If i remember right the only mods i have extra (besides sloot mods) are ASIA, rogue cyberpunk and northland diggers, one is a race mod, one is a outfit mod, last is a settlement mod. and ASIA and Rogue cyberpunk go hand in hand and won't be leaving my mod list as ASIA makes me a synth and rogue cyberpunk is my armor. oh and tes-51 power armor.. skyrim themed power armor..

On 8/11/2019 at 4:33 PM, asebw said:

Eh, that's what happens when I get tired and try to multitask a lil too much. Sounds like you tried the modern weapon replacer. I believe the Vanilla Weapon Replacer - Service Rifle is what you are looking for.

Thats the one i want to use later on. I'm just waiting for the update of it (and his other ones ?).

On a sidenote: the M2 is on its way. Now i have to wait a bit 'til it arrives (hopefully today) and i can finally continue. A full SSD is not much fun as the loading times went from good to bad and then to worse the less room was left on it...

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Thats the one i want to use later on. I'm just waiting for the update of it (and his other ones ?).

On a sidenote: the M2 is on its way. Now i have to wait a bit 'til it arrives (hopefully today) and i can finally continue. A full SSD is not much fun as the loading times went from bad to worse the less room was left on it...

Out of curiosity, how many drives are you running in your rig?

Including the ODD i got five:

1. OS and work (SSD)

2. Data (HDD)

3. Games (SSD)

4. Backups (HDD)

And it is drives, not partitions. ?

In the long run i'll replace them all with new SSD. 

The M2 finally arrived. Now i can continue with the tests and (later) a few comments about NVME for gaming.