Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

USAF is usually United States Air Force. The ghillie suit would be labeled "camouflage" or maybe "heavy camouflage". It's kinda above and beyond what people would think of as a camouflage suit, but for the most part camouflage suits have just become synonymous with military uniforms. The "default" uniform for service members not in a combat zone is kind of a tan camouflage uniform.

I'm still thinking about playing this game modded, but I need a much bigger hard drive. :(

To test:

Vault-Tec rep is a person                          Fixing a logic bug.

Working on:

Miniguns Rebirth

Miniguns Rebirth AWKCR Patch

FN FAL - SA58 (Plus Kukri)                               Don't like the not-so-funny 'funny' stuff!

FN FAL - SA58 (Plus Kukri) - UNMEMED         Now the FN-FAL becomes usable!

A Forest (Thread) (Video)                                I had to remove this one when it was removed from Nexus. I now found the OA's page.

Planned additions (aka this can still change):

Sanctuary Doors

McMillan CS5                                                   Requires a patch

Trash and Rubble Pile Replacer

Nuka Cola Refrigerated Display Case

Long Range Bullet Holes

Gore Overhaul 3.0

Gibs of Glory                                                     Nastier visuals

MM Journals                                                     Alternative for the magazine covers

1911 Moses                                                       Better 1911

FallUI - Inventory and Vault Girl Patch

Wasteland Walls (Video)

Ground

Woody's Wasteland Stuff

Recruitable Settlers

Recruitable Settlers FH

Settlement Defence Systems (Thread) (Video)    The tanks don't really fit (ignore them) but the visuals of the gun turrets are very good.

To be checked later:

As usual there's some discussions with the licencing. We'll have to see what becomes of it.

Fallout 4 Vulkan Renderer                               Improving the FPS. ENB deactivated?

Vulkan Renderer Reshade Preset                    Fantastic shadows - colors a bit subdued.

Zombie Walkers                                              With this framework ferals can be changed into serious enemies... Waking up to the warning of an attacking wandering horde is scary.

?Requires a patch for 'Violate'. OA was contacted and is already looking into it

NOT to be used:

Beretta M9FS Animation Overhaul               Nope, breaks the gun!

Metro Gas Masks                                          Doesn't work!

Metro Gas Masks Replacer                                 ''

Anti Materiel Rifle - F4NV                             Grip is off and looks wrong in 3rd person.

Anti Material Rifle - F4NV - NO PASTA                                       ''

To be removed:

Everything 'Snappy'.

Edited by Aylis
On 6/21/2021 at 9:12 AM, Skag said:

Hey, just a heads up to Aylis and anyone currently working through the mod list. The FSM body textures are currently unavailable on Nexus.

Already have a working alternative:

Radiation Queen True Skin Textures

plus

Radiation Queen 1k Faces Hotfix (if you get the brown face bug)

His older (smaller) pack is gone too. No idea whats going on there, so i added the alternative to the list as a temporary (?) solution. Done

Found the smaller pack on a different website. But that could be a unauthorized link (aka disregarding copyrights) and also opens advertisements that could lead to the 'tech support scam'. So i won't link to it for both reasons.

The icon patch for the CS5 is interesting. The sorting tool doesn't like it, so i have to do everything manually.

Added the entry 'Flagging ESP as ESL' to post #3. I already converted some mods and uploaded them so you don't have to do it yourself.

The last thing you didn't see...

Spoiler

enb2021_6_24_00_23_32.jpg.aa41f7e093740525d82ba5234192e0d0.jpg

I'll be removing anything regarding 'Snappy'. The idea of the mod is good, but its execution is a major hindrance. You spend more time scrolling through the different sections (if you can even remember where a specific part was) than actually placing them in your settlement. On top of that come all the differences. There are walls that are as thin as a wallpaper, inner walls are twice as thick as some of the exterior ones, then there are really thick exterior walls that are twice as thick as interior ones, etc...

Overall i think 'Snappy' is more a hindrance than really useful. On top of that you get flickering wallpapers depending on the distance to them despite all my efforts to 'modpos' them into the correct position (which only seems to work temporarily).

Flagged the mod as 'getting removed' in the list.

Edited by Aylis
Added info

I don't know if this has been question has been asked but I finished the mod list but I'm getting a brown face on my character its only on female and my character changing skin color or makeup or anything on the face dose not show up I cant seem to fix it need help and another problem is i get a error in my pipboy when using vault girl and pippad together  can someone help me with this?

Brown face is cause by mismatched texture sizes: make sure you have:

uTintWidth=1024
uTintHeight=1024

in f4ee.ini and you're only using 1k face textures. 2k textures are a PITA to get right and a perormance killer if not packed correctly.

Double check Look Menu Customization Compendium install as well.

A little something for you guys and gals:

Red Rocket.esl

This is a Beta of my planned 'Red Rocket Starter'. This is almost complete as the corner of the molerat cave is tricky and i still have to decorate and do the upper floor of the house...

Required mods:

Preview:

Spoiler

Main and side entrance.

enb2021_6_26_12_52_52.jpg.a1f1e07a82ed6ded9dddcdafdf2e94e3.jpgenb2021_6_26_12_53_14.jpg.63ee3dd06443ef5a9026b4fe34e1af9a.jpg

Raised platform for planting.

enb2021_6_26_12_51_40.jpg.44b7a1c4efb10d32572866c78b033110.jpg

enb2021_6_26_12_55_21.jpg.9ab76690a6e668727599f51d5f702b2b.jpg

Storage below - room for housing above

enb2021_6_26_12_52_03.jpg.a9f96d7764e20e4263213cc95637c119.jpg

Enough space for a trading area.

enb2021_6_26_12_54_23.jpg.6681ff91be55421dd329c8ba0a0fcf09.jpg

The tricky side

enb2021_6_26_12_52_23.jpg.013822bb490d628f942a6b70f2d5fad5.jpg

Start of your own cooking area

enb2021_6_26_12_55_49.jpg.551c2905a96e01083d91753ec6d2414c.jpg

With the constant attacks of Ferals (aka 'Zombie Walkers') i've run into issues getting enough ammunition. But with the working defense, only three Ferals reached the gates and two got inside. WIth around two dozen attacks of hordes (20+ Ferals) i'd say i got that part right.

Anyway, already put eight hours into it and more are still needed. But i would appreciate some feedback if i'm actually going into the right direction.

Edited by Aylis
Added required mods

Last update

Updating Status to '3.0.5'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Replacing a few mods with better ones and removing a set of mods that are more annoying than useful.

Mods to RERUN

Bashed Patch

REMOVED mods:

Spoiler

Building

Snappy Housekit                                               Overcomplicated and more a hindrance than useful

Snappy Housekit - Auto Doors Patch                                                      ''

Housekeeping - Scavenging Deluxe                                                        ''

Snappy DLC Kits                                                                                       ''

Snappy DLC03 Scrap and Rebuild Far Harbor                                          ''

RobCo Refacing - Jake                                       Removed from Nexus

RobCo Refacing - Lily                                                        ''

RobCo Refacing - Old Paul                                                ''

Armor and Weapons Override

Colt M1911A1                                                   Found a better one

WWII Colt 1911 Overhaul                                 Redundant

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Textures

MM Journals                                                        Alternative for the magazine covers

UI

DEF_UI Iconlibs Rescaled and Fixed                     Moved within the group

Kill Tips and Hit Sound                                                            ''

Vault Girl Interface - Neo's FOMOD Version                           ''

Vault Girl Textures - Neo's FOMOD Version                            ''

FallUI - Inventory and Vault Girl Patch

Override

Gore Overhaul                                                     Nastier visuals

Trash and Rubble Pile Replacer

Building

Ground

Nuka Cola Refrigerated Display Case

Wasteland Walls (Video)

Woody's Wasteland Stuff

Recruitable Settlers

Recruitable Settlers FH

Settlement Defence Systems (Thread) (Video)    The tanks don't really fit (ignore them) but the visuals of the gun turrets are very good.

Patches

Gibs of Glory                                                        Even more nastier visuals

Long Range Bullet Holes

Sanctuary Doors

Armor and Weapons Override

McMillan CS5

1911 Moses                                                          Better 1911

Uploads

None atm

Preview Bodyslide

Spoiler

980475142_FO4Aylis-Nude.jpg.34ced6391629044a364c65cdbedf5c0c.jpg

Still working on

Spoiler

Vault-Tec rep is a person                                 Fixing a logic bug.

Miniguns Rebirth

Miniguns Rebirth AWKCR Patch

FN FAL - SA58 (Plus Kukri)                               Don't like the not-so-funny 'funny' stuff!

FN FAL - SA58 (Plus Kukri) - UNMEMED         Now the FN-FAL becomes usable!

A Forest (Thread) (Video)                                I had to remove this one when it was removed from Nexus. I now found the OA's page.

Immersive Cigarette Vending Machine

NorthlandDiggers Resources

Patches, patches, and more patches...            Btw. in case i get bored i could make some patches...

Watchlist

Fallout 4 Vulkan Renderer                               Improving the FPS. ENB deactivated?

?As usual there's some discussions with the licencing. We'll have to see what becomes of it.

Zombie Walkers                                              With this framework ferals can be changed into serious enemies... Waking up to the warning of an attacking wandering horde is scary.

?Requires a patch for 'Violate'. OA (of Violate) was contacted and is already looking into it

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.0.5 (ZEX / 3BBB / Bodytalk)

Aylis, quick question, not sure if it's somewhere else here in the thread, I checked a few pages.

Fusion Girl vs CBBE ? In Skyrim your guide uses the 3BA body, which is the same as Fusion Girl here, but you're still using CBBE in FO4, is there a technical reason for it, or just due to the number of mods that haven't converted to Fusion?

Thanks.

Edit : Seems there's a CBBE 3B body as well? How much difference is there in the animation "quality" or what not between CBBE 3B and Fusion Girl's new bones for animations?

Edited by EvilCampinCow

@EvilCampinCow

Lets put it this way:

CBBE just works

CBBE 3B is incompatible with quite a few mods here on LL.

Fusion Girl can behave strange. I had quite some problems with it and went back to CBBE. I might give it another shot in a year or so, but atm i think it still got too many issues.

Hidden mod

This mod has been set to hidden

Hidden at 25 Jun 2021, 12:19PM by TheBottomhoodofSteel for the following reason:
It should be a MOD AUTHOR'S choice to participate in "collections", Modpacks, whatever the hell you want to call it, period, full stop, end of discussion.
If you need to force authors into participating into this system, then it's a bad system and you should throw it in the trash

Nexus mods's egregrious violation of trust by making it impossible to remove files or opt out of their collections system has forced my hand and until appropriate changes are made, most of my mods will be temporarily unaccessible on Nexus. I'm sorry for this inconveience. Feel free to follow my Social channels for more info on where to grab my mods.

@Aylis This is from the Anto Hair pack. Just got locked on Friday, do we have an alternative? -- Also, Thank you for the information on the CBBE vs Fusion Girl bit, I appreciate your guides here and in Skyrim!

Edited by EvilCampinCow

Dang!

Thankfully it is not an essential mod (it is just an additional option). So it can be skipped. Will add something. Done

This is also another reason why i wont publish my mods/addons on Nexus. I might loose exposure to a bigger crowd, but i won't have to endure the shenanigans they put you through. Btw. i totally agree with him and i'd have done the same thing if i had been in his shoes.

Why do i get the feeling this has something to do with the disappearance of FSM? Only that they pulled their mods before this came into effect.

So far i found two sites where you can get the older version (both with 'advertisements' which could lead to the 'Microsoft alert scam'). I don't recommend to look for them and try to download the mod! So far the author is unknown (so i can't try to contact them) and there's nothing left to read about permissions (everything is completely gone).

I'm trying to find the mod from a safe source, or if i find a way to make it available without breaking the rules... The only thing i remember is that the OA started a new thread with version 6.0 as he didn't want to work on the smaller version (5.01) anymore. So in a way he abandoned the old one which might give me a little wriggling room.

Radiation Queen vs. FSM (5.01) vs FSM (6.0)

Spoiler

skin.jpg.70f7a650e0910d4a6cf4ed7e634a73de.jpg

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis

Sorry to bother you again, but, I'm doing periodic testing as I go, and my Gender Specific Skeletons mod is ... preventing male NPC's from spawning, when I have 'female player w/looks menu compendium checked. If I turn it off, males spawn, but females don't.

I'm already down into the animations section for stuff, and I'm not seeing anything to fix that? The Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE - Knee Fix isn't in your list that I can see, nor is another skeleton thingy listed? Am I missing something?

@EvilCampinCow

Recheck the installation instructions for GSS (on the mod page).

SKIP/SCRAP THESE MODS/PATCHES (Incompatibilities)

Mods

• Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE - KneeFix [Conflicts with ZaZ Extended Skeleton.]

This is why my bodyslide takes so long. I already got it working, without the need of the patch, for ~90% of the animations.

Edited by Aylis

I've read it. - I have a brain issue, I'm actually disabled after being fully functional and intelligent for nearly 40 years, and it upsets me greatly, I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions.

Which *other* skeleton am I supposed to put in that folder? Which one do I actually install when I install Gender Specific Skeletons?
Do I follow the Knee Fix instructions? Are we completely skipping it because of the picture you posted? How do I get both male and female skeletons to work? The instructions don't actually TELL ME, because if I grab the Male file from GSS it's another .esp, not a .nif. I don't know what other skeleton I'm supposed to use along side ZaZ, I'm sorry, I can't figure it out with the data given to me. I've never had trouble like this before and it's infuriating me.

I'm sorry.

Edit - ... If I'm reading your edit correctly... I choose Male w/LMC from GSS. I then grab the skeleton.nif from the knee fix and drop it into that specific folder, and .... all is good?

That doesn't work either. I don't know what I'm doing. My legs are screwed up - Can't fix that? Seems there are males at least, this time? I don't know. I feel stupid.

Edited by EvilCampinCow

drop the skeleton you don't want your character to use and it's associated files * in there.

Female PC - you put the male skeleton files in there.

Male PC - you put the female skeleton files in there.

No knee fix - it is incompatible with the mods from LL.

29 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Female PC - you put the male skeleton files in there.

Male PC - you put the female skeleton files in there.

No knee fix - it is incompatible with the mods from LL.

Alright done? I guess? But this is what is confusing me, I guess. I already have ZaZ installed. So, I just copy the files from ZaZ into the NPC assets so that both males and females are using the ZaZ skeleton that I already downloaded, but one is set to be registered as PlayerFemale and the other is the same, but only for NPC's?

I guess I'm just looking for a -why- that needs to be done? Do the LL files/mods require patches/set-ups to differentiate between Male/Female skeletons? If so that makes sense, if not, then why are we doing this?

I *REALLY* do appreciate the help, honest, I just don't understand the method and reasoning.

Edited by EvilCampinCow
16 minutes ago, Deman40 said:

Seems like CWSS has been removed also from Nexus.I loved this mod dammit.Anyone willing to PM a copy to me.I used to have it till my comp crash.

Unfortunately I hadn't made it down that far to get a copy. :( Sorry. Been struggling with my brain and meds the last couple days.

@Aylis

Another sad report.

Do It Yourshelf - clutter for shelves and bookcases has been locked too.

Also, the RobCo Refacing Modules for Jake, Lily, and Old Paul in the Sim Settlements advanced section are also deleted. :(

Better Cooking Stations as well..

Hidden mod

This mod has been set to hidden

Hidden at 21 Jun 2021, 2:42PM by damanding for the following reason:
TL;DR

This mod will only be available on Bethesda.net from now on (under the name CrayonKit).

https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4?author_username=CrayonKit&number_results=20&order=desc&page=1&product=fallout4

Why No Automated Modpacks? Short Version

There are three primary motivations for making mods for us:

The creativity and challenge.
Positive interactions with mod users.
Some community recognition for our efforts.

Automated modpacks remove two of those three motivators, namely positive interactions with users and recognition. We also have significant concerns about the technical problems that mod packs in general will bring. Finally, we are not a fan of the practice of monetizing mod packs, we want our work to remain free to our users. Therefore, since we cannot opt out of mod packs on Nexus we will no longer retain a mod presence on Nexus. Our mods will still be available for all platforms, including PC, on Bethesda.net.

Read the full statement here: https://damanding.xyz/mod-packs/

If you need to contact a mod author for this mod on Nexus, contact: damanding. https://www.nexusmods.com/users/32180945

Edited by EvilCampinCow

This is getting annoying... Wabbajack (and similar tools) are pissing off OA, Nexus wants to add to this, and the usual BS to top it all off.

Updated the link

Updated the link for the clutter to CREAtive Clutter - All DLC (i guess this would have been the next one).

The refacing might get added into the standard 'SS2'. Can't do much about it. Removed from the list and reworked the last status update.

Uploaded 'Better Cooking Stations' and updated the links.

Uploaded a small version of 'FSM Body textures' and updated the links.

Mods to add:

Ginger Girl Paintings

Better Armory Mod (BAM) - Weapon Racks and More

Butterfly Glasses

?Don't forget to merge the fix into the main mod.

Red Rocket got a new interior wall paint                               Looks like Luxor didn't add all his retextures into his big AIO

US Marines BDU                                                                     Combines nicely with the 'Ghillie Suit'.

Red Rocket Starter

Grass Reworked                                                                      Fixes (most of) the clipping grass

Immersive Cigarette Vending Machine                                  Love the look

Stairs Ladders Ramps                                                             Something i was looking for...

A Forest (Thread) (Video)                                                       I had to remove this one when it was removed from Nexus. I now found the OA's page.

FN FAL - SA58 (Plus Kukri)                                                     Don't like the not-so-funny 'funny' stuff!

FN FAL - SA58 (Plus Kukri) - UNMEMED                                Now the FN-FAL becomes usable!

Sandbag Fortifications

SMM Menu Replacer for Sandbag Fortifications

Sheltered Beds

?The ESP can be flagged as ESL

Gun For Hire - Commonwealth Mercenary Jobs

Gun for Hire - Craftable Signage

The Cozy Scavver - A Settlement Workshop Kit

?Don't forget to merge the hotfix into the main mod.

Pictures

Spoiler

enb2021_6_30_16_52_42.jpg.722519ef8a1968817c73d6a89f648ac4.jpg

Another horde successfully defeated...enb2021_6_30_19_14_35.jpg.915fa099f32010fe19e4851569f7b7af.jpg

Edited by Aylis