Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

I'm here to mention

In the interest of preventing further support confusion, please do not name 3BBB as a body type. It's a feature, not a body. I know some people named their shit as such to chase clout and cause confusion, but still. There's at least 4-5 bodies that use the feature, so try to be specific to prevent support issues. . 

Uploaded 'ESL-Flagged ESP'. It contains the ESP where either the permission was granted or the OA abandoned the mod.

The ones with 'The ESP can be flagged as ESL.' are NOT included as there are no permissions to modify/upload them.

Fixed a few entries (there were doublettes).

Taking a look at ShadowOfTheWind's 'Commonwealth Reaclamation Project' (hosted on Google).

Very impressive! It is almost as if you're playing a completely different game. Combined with 'Ghost ENB for NAC X' it looks very good.

Planned changes:

Spoiler

To remove:

Deployable Turret Pack 2 

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - BoS

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - Institute

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - Minuteman

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - US

DEF_UI

Detailed Feral Ghouls 

To add:

FallUI - HUD                                                                                 Easier than DEF_UI (No idea why someone asked for a patch for 'Vault Girl').

MW Sentry Turret

Feral Ghouls Replacer

?The ESP can be flagged as ESL

Gun Smoke (Weapon muzzle smoke and Smoke Trails)

Ghost ENB for NAC X

(O) Full Dialogue Interface

(O) Patch for Far Harbor - Full Dialogue Prompts

(O) Patch for Nuka World - Full Dialogue Prompts

Campsite - Simple Wasteland Camping

Stone Walls

Mirelurk Nests

Red Rocket got a new interior wall paint

?I recommend using the 'Cracked and Dirty' version.

Tactical Reload

See Through Scopes Patch

Service Rifle AWKCR and Sorting Patch

(O) RSE - Random Shenanigans

?Some say the old non-broken version still functions. If thats the case i have to add it.

(O) Quick Hack Programs ESL

?You won't get XP for using this.

(O) Quick Lockpicking ESL

Subgroup: Additional Weapons

Spoiler

Glock 19X - Pistol

HK G3 - Battle rifle

?Merge the HK G3 - Update into the main file.

HK G3 - Tactical reload patch

HK G3 - LeveledList patch

RPG-7V2

Colt M1911A1

?You have to use 'OG WWIII 1911A1'. Otherwise the silencer will be off.

WWII Colt 1911 Overhaul

XOF CVC Helmet

?Lore-friendly and looks good.

Army Helmet Redux

Raider Overhaul Spike and Cage Armor Fix

(O) Flag Replacers                                                                         Replaces the separate flags

(O) Ultimate (Main) Menus (Video Replacer)                                This should have something for everyone.

NOT to be used:

Anom's Sanctuary Hills Overhaul                                                  Works, stops working, works, stops working... Glitch, no glitch, glitch, no glitch...

ESL

Spoiler

Bobble Girl                                                                                           ?The ESP can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final'). (Not included yet)

FN-FAL                                                                                                           ?The ESP can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final'). (Not included yet)

Everyone's Best Friend (Dogmeat and Companion At Same Time)    ?The ESP can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final'). (Not included yet)

Live Action Mr. Handy                                                                           ?The ESP can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final'). (Not included yet)

Night Time God Rays                                                                            ?The ESP can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final'). (Not included yet)

Workshop Spotlight Fix                                                                         ?The ESP can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final'). (Not included yet)

ENB-Setup: Ghost ENB

NAC X Settings Menu > Visual Settings > Camera: Noise-Vignette-DOF > Noise > DISABLE Noise

NAC X Settings Menu > NAC Settings > NAC Options > DISABLE Fake Interior Darkening

NAC X Settings Menu > NAC Settings > NAC Options > DISABLE Fake Interior Lighting

DO NOT use the patch for ENB

Moved mods for LOD and plants into a subgroup ('LOD and Plants') to make it easier for you that want to use the mod 'Commonwealth Reclamation Project'. I also added 'Commonwealth Reclamation Project' to the list.

Luxor has been pushing out quite a few texture packs within the last few weeks. I expect to see another AIO, or at least updates to existing ones, soon. 

Trying to integrate the 'Visible Weapons Addon Series (C-VWAS)'. It is a bit more complicated but looks better. Also have to look how to make the installation easier...

'Better Trains' has to be moved below 'Commonwealth Reclamation Project'. Looks like CRP affects the trains too... Fixed

Updating right NOW! Recheck Done

Updating Status to '3.0.3'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Several updates and a few bugfixes. With the new addition of CRP the game is changed drastically. But the integration required quite a few changes (don't worry the guide will still work if you don't want to use it).

Sadly FO4LODgen is a bit tricky now. So i removed that part for now but i hope i can reintroduce it later. 

REMOVED mods:

Spoiler

Textures

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - BoS                                                Got replaced

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - Institute                                                    ''

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - Minuteman                                               ''

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - US                                                             ''

UI

DEF_UI                                                                                         Got replaced

HUDFramework - DEF_UI                                                                       ''

NPC

Detailed Feral Ghouls                                                                  Redundant

Armor

Classic Combat Armor                                                                Too much clipping and bodyslides are broken

Classic Combat Armor Vanilla Replacer Patch                            Not needed anymore

Building

Deployable Turret Pack 2                                                            Found a better solution

Armor and Weapons Override

Look At Me - Brotherhood Of Steel Edition                                Not needed anymore

M26 Fragmentation Grenade Replacer                                       Redundant

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Textures

Flag Replacers                                                                              Replaces the separate flags

Mirelurk Nests

Red Rocket got a new interior wall paint

UI

Workshop Framework

HUD Framework

FallUI - HUD                                                                                 Easier than DEF_UI (No idea why someone asked for a patch for 'Vault Girl').

Kill Tips and Hit Sound                                                                Useful for shots over a longer distance.

(Optional) Full Dialogue Interface                                                Some will like it - some will hate it.

NPC

Feral Ghouls Replacer

Animation

Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - Compatibility Patch

Sound

Ultimate (Main) Menus (Video Replacer)                                     This should have something for everyone.

Override

More Bobbleheads

Bobble Girl More Bobbleheads Patch

Brains Over Brawn                                                                        Replaces 'Idiot Savant'

Gun Smoke (Weapon muzzle smoke and Smoke Trails)              Small mod with a big visual impact

Tactical Reload

Building

Settlement Menu Manager

MW Sentry Turret

Patches

Patch for Far Harbor - Full Dialogue Prompts

Patch for Nuka World - Full Dialogue Prompts

Armor and Weapons Override

Capital Wasteland Raider Pack

Combat Helmet to Army Helmet (Replacer)

Service Rifle AWKCR and Sorting Patch

TR - See Through Scopes Patch

Subgroup: Additional Weapons

Spoiler

The listed mods are NOT required for the guide to work and are all optional.

Glock 19X - Pistol

HK G3 - Battle rifle

?Merge the HK G3 - Update into the main file.

HK G3 - Tactical reload patch

RPG-7V2

Colt M1911A1

?You have to use 'OG WWIII 1911A1'. Otherwise the silencer will be off.

WWII Colt 1911 Overhaul

Checking

Spoiler

Reapers AWKCR VIS-G Patches                                                  Half of them don't work - others are questionable at best...

Visible Weapons Addon Series (C-VWAS)                                 Complicated is an understatement.

RSE - Random Shenanigans

?Some say the old non-broken version still functions. If thats the case i have to add it.

Quick Hack Programs ESL

Quick Lockpicking ESL

HK G3 - LeveledList patch

Added entry

Spoiler

ENB-Setup

Here i'll give you the recommended settings for ENB.

Ghost ENB for NAC X

Spoiler

NAC X Settings Menu > Visual Settings > Camera: Noise-Vignette-DOF > Noise > DISABLE Noise

NAC X Settings Menu > NAC Settings > NAC Options > DISABLE Fake Interior Darkening

NAC X Settings Menu > NAC Settings > NAC Options > DISABLE Fake Interior Lighting

DO NOT use the patch for ENB

UPLOAD

FO4B - ESL-Flagged ESP V1.1

• Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.0.3 (ZEX / 3BBB / Bodytalk)
33 minutes ago, Preface said:

@Aylis Workshop Framework presents both in UI and Building.

Oooops. Accidently added the wrong mod into 'Building'. Fixed

Starting char #43.

#42 lasted two days playtime (which is a good sign) before i found a bug. CRP is somewhat tricky as it changes parts of the landscape. Those issues have all been fixed in the current version.

The bodyslides are coming along. It is just a lengthy process as i'm working on my own preset and you have to check how it looks in the game with all the different armors.

5 hours ago, Alabario said:

Installed almost everything, for some reason the "AnotherOne Vanilla Weapon Replacer" makes the game CTD after opening the game for like 10-20 seconds.

This could be a broken download. Nexus often causes problems with the files.

Going through the mods for FO4 feels a bit like archaeology. There were quite a few gems buried over time... Normally i'm not a fan of 'slooty' or 'skimpy' but in the context of Fallout it does (at least partially) work.

Found a few clothing options that work:

Commonwealth Mini Dresses (BA)

Commonwealth Mini Dresses Customization

Commonwealth Mini Dresses Replacer

Long coat with skirt

Long Coat With Skirt Replacer

Long Johns Replacer for the girls

Slooty Synth Uniform

Slooty Synth Uniform - AE not required

?Simply merge it with the main file

Slooty Synth Uniform - CBBE

Definitely to add:

More Map Markers

Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul Redux (VTWOR)                                                               (Fixes the spotlights too? Recheck)

Sprint Stuttering Fix

4 hours ago, arshesney said:

I have a slight issue with xedit: for Skyrim it shows plugins according to my load order, but for Fallout order is random, any way to fix that?

Click in the window on the tab for the order they are loaded (i guess 'Ladereihenfolge' makes no sense to you and i don't know the english term).

Oh, wait... xedit not wrye bash...

Try using 'File Order'.

On 5/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, arshesney said:

Found a minor issue: there's Natasha Face Texture in the list, but all the downloadable files are only for Piper. Change it with Real HD Textures ?

No, that is intentional.

Btw Piper doesn't even use the textures in that folder...

Luxor updated his texture pack and some of the separate files are not needed anymore.

Spoiler

Bunker Hill Monument and Wildwood Cemetery HD

Churches

Rubbles and Trashpiles

The castle

Updating the list and the last status update. Done

Working on integrating Synthetic Player

Added entry One game - several ways to play to post #2.

Checking out:

Diamond City: The Great Green Jewel (Video)

Diamond City Plus

Got around to play a bit, I've added AAF: Violate, Videos of the wasteland, Fusion City/Depravity, Dual Survivors, skipped most of the weapons, but added all DX, Wtaw and Elianora's armors. At first I had huge lag spikes when the game was loading cells, 10+ seconds freezes, packed most textures in ba2 archives with dummy plugins to respect load order and that fixed all the stuttering.

But when I got to Cambridge... performance tanked down the drain, in the low 20s. It's a different game, but I've thrown much more shit at SSE with few issues, so I'm looking for pointers to improve the situation.

Found the solution while writing this post, it was ini settings, probably modified by BethINI: in fallout4prefs check these values are defaults:

fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
fMeshLODFadeScalar=1.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=3500.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=2000.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000

Fade dists were 15k+, with default values 60 fps everywhere (so far).

edit: another thing, I've noticed that Extreme particles sets max particles to 500000 (yes, 500k), FFO overwrites it with 100000. I know Skyrim doesn't allow more than 10k (and kicks the bucket much earlier), is it "safe"? For now I've changed it to a more conservative 3000.

edit2: any idea bout this flickering in Sanctuary?

2021-05-23 16-31-45.mkv

On 5/23/2021 at 11:58 AM, arshesney said:

edit2: any idea bout this flickering in Sanctuary?

2021-05-23 16-31-45.mkv 6.07 MB · 0 downloads

Thats propably a texture conflict. Recheck foundation (the files are in Luxor Pack 1 or the ones from SavrenX).

If you are in a settlement you can try to fix it with 'modpos z 0.01' so textures don't overlap and it is things like this why i tried to use loose textures before.

Can be ignored - found a way to get around most of it!

Spoiler

ADVANCED Adding icons:

If you don't like missing icons you can add them to the mods. Instructions can be found in the thread Howto: Add Your Own Item Tag With Icon

Working:

Settlement delivery bots      Rename 'Book/Delivery Service Robots' to '[Note] Delivery Service Robots'

Rename 'Note/Delivery Services Guide' to '[Holotape] Delivery Services Guide' 

Settlement police bot          Rename 'Note/Mr Law's User Guide' to '[Holotape] Mr Law's User Guide'

Settlement tidy bot              Rename 'Misc. Item/Mr. Tidy Owner's Guide' to '[Holotape] Mr. Tidy Owner's Guide'

Rename 'Note/Mr. Tidy Owner's Guide' to '[Holotape] Mr. Tidy Owner's Guide'

Settlement Radar Station     Rename 'Note/WhirligigDroneGuideNOTE/Settlement Radar Station Holotape' to '[Holotape] Settlement Radar Station Holotape'

Rename 'Note/WhirligigDroneGuideAltNOTE/Settlement Radar Station Holotape' to '[Holotape] Settlement Radar Station Holotape'

Fireflies                                 Rename 'Note/FF_Holotape_NoVIS/Fireflies' to '[Holotape] Fireflies'

Desert Operator                   Rename 'Armor/Desert Operator Outfit' to '[SetOperator] Desert Operator Outfit'

Rename 'Armor/Desert Operator Cap' to '[SetOperator] Desert Operator Cap'

Rename 'Armor/Desert Operator Glass' to '[SetOperator] Desert Operator Glass'

Gunner Operator                  Rename 'Armor/Gunner Operator Outfit' to '[SetOperator] Gunner Operator Outfit'

Rename 'Armor/Gunner Operator Mechanix Gloves' to '[SetOperator] Gunner Operator Mechanix Gloves'

Rename 'Armor/Gunner Operator Harness' to '[SetOperator] Gunner Operator Harness'

Rename 'Armor/Gunner Operator Cap' to '[SetOperator] Gunner Operator Cap'

Rename 'Armor/Gunner Operator Cap (Hair Compatible)' to '[SetOperator] Gunner Operator Cap (Hair Compatible)'

Rename 'Armor/Gunner Operator Balaclava' to '[SetOperator] Gunner Operator Balaclava'

Rename 'Armor/Gunner Operator Balaclava (Hair Compatible)' to '[SetOperator] Gunner Operator Balaclava (Hair Compatible)'

Rename 'Armor/Gunner Operator Vest' to '[SetOperator] Gunner Operator Vest'

Bobble Girl                           Permission granted. Upload required.

Creation Club

CC Slocum Joe's                   Got it halfway working (some still won't show up as intended). Upload required (won't be usable without the purchase).

Not working:

CC Military Backpack            Worked before - Recheck! Overwritten? LO?

ToDo:

Checking permissions

Upload 'Tags'

I've been reworking patches (renaming tags and other things) that are released under 'Creative Commons'. So i can upload finished patches and you don't have to do anything except to download and install them.

Tags V1.7z

Just put them as the last mod in 'Armor and Weapons Override' and don't ask how long it took me to rework them (Slocum alone was a nightmare).

About those missing icon tags and other stuff for the FallUI Item sorter:

I took some time and learned how to use the FO4Edit-Script from M8r98a4f2's Complex Item Sorter (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48826) for FallUI because I couldn't bear with all those holotapes, armors, weapons etc. not having the correct tags, and making individual manual changes to those tags is too inefficient. It worked out pretty well - giving all items from every mod I have the correct tags and even more - you can choose options in the script like showing additionally the correct armor slot for clothes (for those fashionistas who like to mix clothes).

Although the instructions on the mod page are pretty upfront, I'll give you an easy step-by-step guide so you can try it out yourself:

Basics: Download FO4Edit from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/ and copy the contents manually into a directoy of your choice. Add it through Mod Organizer 2 and add to the "Arguments": -nobuildrefs -autoload.

Don't have any of the templates from FallUI - Item Sorter Mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49656/ activated! And don't choose during the installation of FallUI - Inventory Interfcae the two options for sorting tags/xml-templates.

1. Get the "M8r98a4f2's Complex Item Sorter" from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48826?tab=files.

2. Copy the "Edit Scripts" folder from "FO4Edit" manually into the "Edit Scripts" folder of your FO4Edit location.

3. Copy the content of the folder "FallUI - Item Sorter Mod tag configuration" manually into a newly created folder named "XML-Tags" and copy that folder manually into your mod-directoy of Mod Organizer 2 (just right click on any mod in MO2 and select "open in explorer" and copy the "XML-Tags" into that folder)

4. Select "Refresh" in MO2 and activate "XML-Tags".

---

5. Get the "R88SimpleSorter_INNR" under Optional Files from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/33983?tab=files.

6. Install through ModOrganizer 2 and activate the ESP.

---

7. Get the "MXPF Library" (MXPF-a) from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68617?tab=files.

8. Copy ONLY the "Edit Scripts" folder manually into the "Edit Scripts" folder of your FO4Edit location.

---

9. Open FO4Edit through ModOrganizer 2 and right click on any esp, select "Apply Script" and then "M8r_ComplexSorter". The Default options are sufficient, but you can choose options like additional tags for the armor slots.

10. Wait for the script to finish (takes some time) and save the newly created esp.

11. Make a new mod from "overwrite" and name it like you want.

12. Profit.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

@1001nights

Of course i only saw this after i updated my post... ?

I'll take a look.

Don't forget that if you change the tags midgame the new ones don't apply to already placed and spawned items. I can attach some screenshots of my interface and how it looks with the armor-slot options later when i get to my home computer.

Edit: Attached Screens. You can see the correct tags and icons for the items and additional tags + submenus

Spoiler

ScreenShot3.thumb.png.6c7928e71c0a154bbe76b8dded832011.pngScreenShot2.thumb.png.c9a603bdc2c9116dd6d3686137b0d26c.pngScreenShot1.thumb.png.e003d7e741a1c2969fa36f244f46ea0f.pngScreenShot0.thumb.png.bff23289295f637ae60c95b5a0ecf3d0.png

@1001nights

Yep, got it working. Only my custom icons are problematic.

So far i had to convert 30 patches (all are ESL flagged) to get around that problem. Even if i can partially use the 'Lost Patches' it still takes forever to do so.

But maybe i have to start a new char... Got to see how that will work out.

Almost forgot: my taglist grows and grows. ;)

I'm at fifty (!) patches now and will make a break for one or two days. You start to get cross-eyed after replacing several hundred {Mod} (for VIS-G) with [Mod] (for VIS/FallUI), plus all the other changes you have to do on top of that.

Thankfully the list with all the tags is complete, as there are only a few weapon mods left, and i have to see if i can cut down on the number of added entries.

Not moved           : Unchanged

One tab in            : Modified standard entry

Two tabs in           : New entry

Tags Extended V0.9B.7z

Although not finished the file below (together with the updated 'Tags Extended') should give you a good idea what i intend to do.

02 Aylis Sorting V0.9B.7z

Spoiler

Food.png.4119d7cb16a10a9f1e939daaec07951b.png

Edited by Aylis
Update