Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

On 6/28/2020 at 8:52 AM, Aylis said:

Added righthanded meshes and animations for the hunting rifle (hopefully i'll find some for the AMR too).

Updated some tags and descriptions.

Depending on which AMR you are refering too. Been using these ones for awhile now, and they work nicely.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:07 AM, asebw said:

Depending on which AMR you are refering too. Been using these ones for awhile now, and they work nicely.

It seems that almost all are for the AMR from the CC. I just bought that one and it got the same problem with the grip as the normal 'Combat Rifle' and at least partially the 'Combat Shotgun' as well (never used that one much). Some of the weapon designs (like the watercooled MG from WW1 as 'Assault Rifle') from Beth are plain and simple >censored<. That's why i replaced them...

Beantown causes major issues around the race track. I tried to move it but that didn't help. So this one, and the patch, is off the list.

Added Power Armor Voiced Operating System

Added Immersive resistences perks 

Added Rusty Face Fix 

Added The Red Wave (Reloaded)

Added Hazmat Suit Redux

Added Rename HN66's Classical Plain Rings

Added Hunting Shotgun 

Added Hunting Shotgun Textures

Added MWR - Hunting Shotgun

On 7/1/2020 at 6:15 AM, Aylis said:

It seems that almost all are for the AMR from the CC. I just bought that one and it got the same problem with the grip as the normal 'Combat Rifle' and at least partially the 'Combat Shotgun' as well (never used that one much). Some of the weapon designs (like the watercooled MG from WW1 as 'Assault Rifle') from Beth are plain and simple >censored<. That's why i replaced them...

Beantown causes major issues around the race track. I tried to move it but that didn't help. So this one, and the patch, is off the list.

Apologies for the delay in replying, I moved house yesterday and only just got the pc back up and connected.

Bleh, don't get me started on the assault rifle. I have HATED that piece of )@#(%^*%&@#*( since day one ><. As for the combat shotgun, heh, at least they put the bloody magazine in the right place this time. The CC AMR is kinda okay. It's a little under powered, and I ended up using the equilibrium AMR patch to make it worthy of the .50 caliber rounds it fires.

Part of the problem with a number of the rifle mods (including the CC AMR) in general is that they use the base animations from the rifles in the game, and all those fuckers are left-handed. The newer rifle mods that are right-handed either use scratch made animations, animations from other games (like the Battlefield 1 Rifle Animations), or rely on older right-handed animation mods. 

The only AMRs I've used beside the CC one is the M82A3 from the from bethedsda.net (there's a newer one on the nexus, but I have not tried it). That one was was pretty no frills and left-handed. I might have also used the handmade AMR, but if I did, I have no recollection of it. The the F4NV AMR I am currently testing is right-handed, and I am liking it so far better than the CC one. The rifle from the Misriah Armory Halo weapon mod pack is sadly left-handed as well, though truth be told, that bleeping bipod bother me more than the left-handed ejector port. I think I have another AMR-style rifle downloaded as well. Will have to check. 

Well I wiped off the cobwebs, updated F4SE and 4 or 5 mods that depended on it, played for a couple of hours and seemed okay. Today, following a different guide, I updated all my AAF mods, CBBE and added CBP Physics. Played for 45 minutes and got the black face bug on my female PC (never had that problem before), next I found all females had it. I couldn't find the mode that mentioned it but i did remember reading about it somewhere, so I installed Valkyr Face textures and luckily that took care of it for now. Just wanted to say hello and I'm off to your OP to build may world.

@asebw

Don't worry about it. Moving takes some time and there usually are a few complications coming along... ;)

The AMR really is a bit of a pain. Damned if you do - damned if you don't. I'll propably go with the one you're testing right now (that's the one i tested first). Besides the quest for the CC is really bad (and doesn't make much sense). 

@jap2015

smilywink.gif.033dd20f43e6d3cc868e3889ffd89d7d.gif

Looks like i finally found a combination (gone through 'a few' textures packs) that looks good and works well. Even in close-up the seam is almost invisible and so far no black faces (i hopefully got that finally fixed). With some tinkering i'll update the list in a day or two.

Hmmm, wasn't Alice Bodyslide Preset CBBE Fusion a former preset for UNP that i used? That one does ring a bell... (but a very distant one ;))

Not to sure if it has been mentioned or if you noticed, but the update for fusion girl to v1.61 has changed things so they think that all existing fusion girl bodyslide files will need to be updated for the new body.

Go onto page 2 of the comments on the nexus home page and scroll down to the post dated the 14th of june, where TheBottomhoodofSteel stated this outright.  I would have provided a direct link, but could not quite figure out how to do so.

@Varithina

I've seen it. So far i havn't noticed a problem, but that might be as i also use Dismemberable Fusion Girl - Fusion Girl Reduced on top of the normal version. That combination might do the trick on my side.

But i've got to work on the neck first. There's another seam i fixed before. Looks like we need a patch for that as well (got to check the backups again). I really wish i could simply use my skin for Skyrim...

@Aylis @Varithin

I was just about to switch to Fusion Girl as we speak, but maybe I'll hold off a few days and see what happens because I have a ton of armors to convert

From the looks on paper, I like that preset better than the one in your list. In game may be different story though.

2 hours ago, jap2015 said:

@Aylis @Varithin

I was just about to switch to Fusion Girl as we speak, but maybe I'll hold off a few days and see what happens because I have a ton of armors to convert

From the looks on paper, I like that preset better than the one in your list. In game may be different story though.

To be honest I am seriously thinking of going back to cbbe.

Considering just how few people are doing fusion girl bodyslide conversions, this is a major kick in the arse for them, from reading some of the nexus pages, lazman in particular, who states he will not be doing updates to his fusion girl conversions to take into account the update as he is not convinced they will not do the same again, making a redo of the bodyslide conversion required again, something he simply has no time for.  If the other people doing bodyslide conversion take the same stance, fusion girl is in for an uncertain future, as without conversions of outfits, quite a few people simply will not change over.

You notice as well, how the statement about conversions being needed to be redone is buried two or three pages back in the comments, rather than being plastered across the front page so to speak, which it should have been, quite a few people would not have updated, and as they have taken the previous version down, unless you keep backups of your mods, there is no going back for some people.

@Varithina

O.o

This doesn't sound good. Right now i'm compiling the textures for the head/neck fix. The nasty thing is that some parts are missing from the textures and i'm working on adding them... (Done)

Hopefully that is not in vain. 

@Aylis

Yeah, I read the comments after the previous post of @Varithina and there is going to be some fallout (sorry for the pun). I think it is going to boil down on how the Author responds, because people across the board are pissed. Went to his discord and found this. It's process needed for armor already converted for fusion girl.

Spoiler

Quote: "Fusion Girl 1.61 changed the body reference to use an improved mapping, hand and neck area and WILL NOT WORK with older outfits not built for it. If it's having an issue, it's not made for the latest version."

9 hours ago, Varithina said:

Considering just how few people are doing fusion girl bodyslide conversions, this is a major kick in the arse for them, from reading some of the nexus pages, lazman in particular, who states he will not be doing updates to his fusion girl conversions to take into account the update as he is not convinced they will not do the same again, making a redo of the bodyslide conversion required again, something he simply has no time for.  If the other people doing bodyslide conversion take the same stance, fusion girl is in for an uncertain future, as without conversions of outfits, quite a few people simply will not change over.

If I'm honest, this is part of why I've had my head in Papyrus and .bgem's more lately, to some extent.

Especially when such a change was pushed live with little to no warning of potential issues, like needing to rework all previous conversions, updated conversion references to use, etc.
I'll get to the ones I've done already sooner or later, and redo them just to be sure they're fine (though only ~1 has had any potential issue reported at all), but it's a hell of a kick in the teeth to suddenly drop that on people without any fucking info or resources for what the fuck you're supposed to do.

And to be quite frank, I'm rather fucking sick of the overall lack of communication and consideration for others' efforts between modders. Some of it, is understandable, but when you make such a significant change to a widely-used body base, without even a "Bear with us while conversion references are updated" or "Previous outfits need X steps to re-convert them", is more than a little infuriating.

On a slightly less frustrating note, if you wanted to learn how to do your own, I could step you through it (though Discord is a much better platform for that, but that's up to you).
One of the worst things for me, was vague shit like "fix clipping". K, thanks, mind explaining how?! ?

25 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

On a slightly less frustrating note, if you wanted to learn how to do your own, I could step you through it (though Discord is a much better platform for that, but that's up to you).
One of the worst things for me, was vague shit like "fix clipping". K, thanks, mind explaining how?! ?

I have a couple of guides that deal with conversions, that sort of work, mostly it is the bit dealing with weighting, those guides just say select the outfit and all the bits apart from the body and do copy bone weights or something like that, which I do, then when I save it still tells me those things are not there, I gave up after that, I get the same thing with all the guides, I am pretty sure there is something very very basic, that they forget about because to them it is so damn bloody obvious, thing is other people seem not to have the problem.

This is the guide I was using for it https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40555

Changing Status to 2.01

Completely reworked the textures for the PC and NPC. This will get rid of the seam almost completely. The neck still needs a bit tinkering from my side but i'll be working on it later (four days testing texture packs and possible combinations is enough for now ;)).

REMOVED mods:

Looks Menu Customization Compendium (Possible cause of the 'Black/Brown Face' bug - i might readd it later after more tests)

Radiation Queen - Fusion Girl Skin Textures (Change of this and 'Real HD Face' to lessen the seam of the head)

Real HD Face Textures - Main

Real HD Face Textures - Far Harbor

Real HD Face Textures - Fix

Real HD Face Textures

Looks Menu Customization Compendium - Real HD Face Patch (Not needed anymore)

ADDED mods:

Fusion Girl Reduced (To enable dismemberment)

FSM Body Textures Redux

FSM Body Textures Redux - Dirty

Rear Head Fix (File) Updated

Hair Specular Map Removal (This might come in handy for some setups)

Uploaded files:

Head Rear Fix

The fix will rework 'a few' textures for 'Fusion Girl' so all the parts show up in game.

Added my settings for the texture packs (the mods can be a bit overwhelming). ;)

2 hours ago, Varithina said:

I have a couple of guides that deal with conversions, that sort of work, mostly it is the bit dealing with weighting, those guides just say select the outfit and all the bits apart from the body and do copy bone weights or something like that, which I do, then when I save it still tells me those things are not there, I gave up after that, I get the same thing with all the guides, I am pretty sure there is something very very basic, that they forget about because to them it is so damn bloody obvious, thing is other people seem not to have the problem.

This is the guide I was using for it https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40555

Yeah, I worked out the hard way that copying bone weights can be a bad idea at times, and you're often better off copying selected weights (after selecting said weights). A lot of outfits are fine to copy weights on, but some, especially those with, say, ammo pouches or a lower-back item, you need to be a lot more cautious about it.
The advice is usually "Select all shapes bar the refshape (refbody, which shows up in-game, FusionBody, or previously, BaseFBody, for FG), copy bone weights".

erri120's guide is more thorough than one I initially used, though.
Covers some things a lot better, that's for sure.

Will also note: Conforming all sliders can in some cases, not be what you want, especially if doing shoes/heels, as you'll want to wait to conform sliders until you've gotten the refbody to line up as best you can, with the outfit (technically, you want vice versa, outfit lined up to body as much as possible, but the FG HighHeels slider is nice for that, when doing shoes/heels), otherwise, it can move the wrong parts of outfits with some sliders.
Another note first, that I think I've mentioned before: Often, you won't really want to/need to, delete all bones from an outfit before converting it. Source: Try and convert the MilitiaWoman outfits doing that. Spoiler: The coats will be on the floor next time you load the project, and you'll basically need to reconvert it without removing the bones.
Because it has one or two custom bones attached to I think two shapes, whose sole existence is to "pin" the coats, to the spine.

Anyway:
I assume when you copy bone weights, you leave the settings at default and hit OK. Usually fine, sometimes, for outfits that fit pretty well to the FG shape already, you can use the 'smooth' checkbox, forget exact name/description, it basically halves the vertex search radius, and uncaps the max target slider, to try and get more 'smooth' results, but it can also backfire or not work properly. Hence, Default is usually good.
Now, make sure to clear any masks you've got, if any, and Save project as.
Assuming you get the "X shapes have unweighted vertices, do you still wanna save?" warning, don't save it yet, and it'll mask all unweighted vertices for you.
Invert masks to only let you change those vertices, maybe toggle textures off ('T') to help find em, and apply bone weights to em.

Before continuing: In some cases you can simply up the search radius for the weights, and for something like Heels, it's not usually gunna affect much, if anything, if you do. For instance, when I did my EasyGirl conversion, most of that was fine with straight up increasing the radius a bit until it'd found some weights to use for the vertices, but for most things, again the MilitiaWoman is a good example, it won't really work well, if at all, especially for the coats, as you'll run into the issues I did, with the coat stuck to the back of the thighs.
If you're not sure, weight "manually" as below, if you wanna play it safe, rather than find out later.

But how do you apply those weights, you ask?
Should already have the affected shapes selected, with the inverted mask so you see any of the unweighted vertices, otherwise, select the shapes which you can see the vertices on(or know, by the names shown when OS warns you when trying to save), hop to the Bones tab, and go poke around at what bones have weights near those vertices.
For heels, it's usually just the foot/'toe' bone that needs adding.
Quick note here: OS tends to 'cull' weights when there's too many weights on the same vertices. You'll notice this especially if you're tryin to weight the Butt_CBP bones on an outfit (I sure fuckin did), when you save and reload it. Those you basically just need to "weight more"/stronger weighting, meaning closer to/more red (closer to 1, as it's a scale from 0-1, I believe).

If it intersects lopsidedly on the outfit shape, such as again, on the damn butt, try and overlap it slightly/make it as close as it'll get to lookin 'natural'.
Otherwise, you should be able to find the bone you think should be present, and add weight to those vertices accordingly. Just try and match the nearby vertex weights, use your own judgement here for how strong to make the weights.

Save, if still vertices, repeat process by clearing masks, noting which shape/where problem vertices are, and adding weight to em.
Ctrl + Z is your friend, if you make changes you're not happy with. If you save it with unmasked vertices, you should be fine to load it and weight them from there, haven't really tried, but might be a good idea to do so, in case you want to 'start fresh' on weights, without re-converting the entire outfit.

Can be a pain until you start to get used to it, and get a 'feel' for it.
I know you've PM'd me before 'bout OS/conversions, but I'll put it out there for a somewhat wider audience; If ya's want a bit of advice, pointers, or an explanation of something you don't understand or think you're missing something, send me a message here or ping me in a channel on Discord (Nebuchadnezzer2#2526, Have DM's blocked from most servers thanks to some idiots, but I'm on the AAF and LL discords, so ping away, I'll get to it whenever I've the time).

Having dived a bit deeper into the 3D Modelling rabbit hole (not to the stage where I'm actually using the 3DS Max 2015 I have set up, but still), and understanding a bit more about 3D modelling than most likely would by this point, OS is actually a rather simple, well-designed tool for altering this shit, it's just not well-explained, I feel. The wiki and guides are nice, but a lot of the more basic shit isn't covered, like what the brushes are for or what they actually do/are used for, which is one of the biggest hurdles for anyone without 3D modelling knowledge, to use it.

Just now, Aylis said:

@Nebuchadnezzer2

Thanks A LOT for this.

Hopefully i don't have to rework too many of the armors...

No prob, it's a pain when you can see how someone/a guide does a thing, but no explanation of what/how/why.

Apparently, all will need it.
In practice, well, I've only had mention of issues on one of my own Nexus conversions, so I figure some will be "good enough" without bein touched, but I guess we'll see.

?

Sometimes the obvious solution for a problem is right in front of your eyes and you simply overlook it... again and again and...

I already had the fix for the neck too. Got to check a few things but there will be an update for the 'Head Rear Fix' soon. Then the textures for PC/NPC are finally finished. Updated

Just as i thought. If the textures don't come from one source you'll end up having minor differences in the textures. Thats what seems to cause the seams. I blended them as much as i could so this is the best i managed to do with my limited knowledge of the graphics software.

The CC 'Vault Suit Customization' is for free atm.

Added a little something for you guys and gals. I'm still working on it, and some things will change (like adding minigun turrets), but i hope you like this little sneakpeek.

Uploaded 'Starlight Base Small' Beta.

Spoiler

Starlight.jpg.5b22a7d7d9d3967a708fc38d7e796997.jpg

I changed so many things that it is time for a new char (just to make sure no old remnants of mods interfere).

Quick thing cause I see some complaining but no understanding of what happened. 

FG 1.6's breaking of outfits was inevitable. That's it. It was gonna happen at some point, so may as well rip the bandaid off and go on. The base body needed so much work on the mapping side (Originally I was waiting on this for Trophi's head mesh, as he worked on his own remap of the body and I assumed it would be just a quick fix. I went with Outpowner's fixes as it maintained the compatibility FG has and looked really good.) I decided to match BT3's naming scheme where I removed the name off because I felt like the name was just too long and put us at the bottom of the list... In the end, not much I can do about it and most outfits are just a 5 min reload the new reference, zap as needed and move on type deal and you don't need to do it to anything without the body attached (so that eliminates a good chunk of clothing that needs to be updated.) The ZeX server has 2 really awesome people there walking ppl through that process. 

(I'm not around much right now due to my health. Aside from my patreon work, I'm really inactive for now)

On 7/4/2020 at 4:46 AM, Aylis said:

@asebw

Don't worry about it. Moving takes some time and there usually are a few complications coming along... ;)

The AMR really is a bit of a pain. Damned if you do - damned if you don't. I'll propably go with the one you're testing right now (that's the one i tested first). Besides the quest for the CC is really bad (and doesn't make much sense). 

Complications. . . heh, I wish it were that simple ><. Hoping things will settle down this week so I can get some work done on the list and my other project.

Yeah, apparently it's a quest ported over from skyrim. That whole mod felt recycled truth be told, but it was the only decent AMR (paired with the equilibrium patch) that was out for a good while. The F4NV rifle is definitely a keeper though. 

I do have a question for you concerning immersive and extended Lexington. Were you having the missing walls issue? And is so, did they eventually come back? Or where they always gone? Also are you running an nvidia or AMD graphics card?

I'm currently testing out Immersive and extended Lexington, and I am not so far running into any issues yet, though I do not know if that is due to some of the other stuff I am testing, or if it just a fluke. trying to narrow it down.

@asebw

According to the OA he didn't know much when he created that mod. Thats why it is sometimes tanking the FPS. He promised an update but if and when that happens is to be seen.

1. Yes, a lot.

2. Nope, had to change the version if i remember correctly.

3. They were flickering. There... Gone... Back when you moved... Gone again in another position... Really annoying.

4. AMD RX570

At the moment i keep it off the list. Too many issues at the same time and the solutions (if there are any) are hard to find. The idea itself is good, but the mod needs a few patches/updates before i'd reinstall it again. The other mods he did work much better in that regard.

Testing The Machine And Her. This quest/companion mod is working very nicely so far.