Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.0 (ZEX / 3BBB / Bodytalk)
On 1/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, ukkhadhamo said:

Hello there. Thank for this modding guide. I want to know if i need to install all the mods provided here. Many foundation and textures mods seem to overwrite each other. 

You should install everything unless you are 100% certain you know what you are doing.

When you install hundreds of mods, there will be a ton of overwriting. A mod overwriting another mod does not mean it overrides everything from the other mod. Some assets will be overwritten, some assets will still be used.
That is why the installation- and loadorder are so important.

If you are absolutely new to modding it is probably best you do a little experimenting (install some mods you like and have some fun, the more you install the more likely you will run into trouble) before you start this list.

Atm this is sort of a 'Pre-Release' as i still have to check a few things:

Feral Ghouls

Raider

ENB (Quantum doesn't seem to be the best choice anymore)

Lighting (Tinkering with 'ENB Lights')

I also found the missing texture pack for the foundation (will add Optimized Vanilla Textures now). Then this part (down to 'PC') is finished.

Preview

Spoiler

1246198897_FO4Preview.jpg.4ed3a00b0aa2efad694249ddba62601a.jpg

ScreenShot60.jpg.cbfe17df6daeaae22477a7d44af63139.jpg

PRC.X - Regular Legacy Is nice

Ghost ENB for NAC is good as well

THE ENHANCER is very easy to use

Hey Aylis, great that you are doing your own Fallout4 Guide now. Last winter I had a rather heavy-modded - but stable - Fallout4-Setup myself (don't even ask how much time i wasted for porting outfits to FusionGirl in Outfit Studio), but now, knowing your Skyrim Guide and your idea of visuals, I am trying this one. How is the experience with CBBE instead of FusionGirl (because of Bones/Physics etc.)? I've never actually tried CBBE because of that.

I'm using the variant with 3BBB. So it is a bit different but offers the same physics and doesn't have the issues i encountered with FG (which i still had in the list a few days ago). Also finding presets for armors is almost guaranteed. With FG i have quite a few in the list that havn't been converted.

Reworked factions:

Brotherhood of Steel

Feral Ghouls < Vanilla

Ghouls

Gunners

Institute

Minuteman

☑️Raider < 'Raider Gangs Extended' plus 'Raider Armors Retextured'

Railroad

Triggerman

Reworked weapons:

10mm Pistol/Deliverer

Assault Rifle

Combat Rifle

☑️Fat Man < 'Cazador Missile Launcher' plus 'Modern Weapon Replacer - Cazador Missile Launcher'

Gatling Gun/Laser < Vanilla

Laser Musket

Laser Pistol

Laser Rifle

Pipe Pistol

Pipe Rifle

Plasma Pistol < WIP 'Advanced Plasma Pistol'

Plasma Rifle

Radium Rifle

Repeater < Name?

Rocket Launcher < Vanilla

If you like building settlements I can recommend mods like https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20651?tab=bugs

Personally I've never encountered the mentioned bugs, but a more lightweighted option would be https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13343?tab=posts

They give great immersion to your settlements if you are into it. OCDecorator on the other hand never worked for me, for whatever reason

@1001nights

I'll take a look.

OCDecorator might end up on the chopping block. There are so many options in the other packages that it might be redundant anyway. I can't even remember when i used it the last time...

Adding changes from post #261

Have to redo the textures. Sometimes there still are some vanilla textures showing up...

• Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.0.1 (ZEX / 3BBB / Bodytalk)
On 7/28/2019 at 5:13 AM, Aylis said:

DEF_UI Iconlibs Rescaled and Fixed

This links to some other file called "Better Item Sorting (Updated)"

I suppose that was not intended.

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)

Is in "Foundation" aswell as "Patches and Fixes".

I've just "sacrified" my weekend getting a stable FO4 setup with this guide (after SkyrimSE is running wonderful again ^-^). Aylis, because of you I got addicted to modding last year.  So far, everything works, and no CTDs till you get to Boston (didn't play much further). Some observations:

- The FloraFXOverhaul Patch for NAC is not for NAC X. It needs the NAC.esm. Surprisingly, it just works without it - so far no problems, will test it further

- Instead of using DEF_UI I would completely change the whole UI thing to FallUIHUD. Doesn't need injection for HUD Framework and no stupid sorter-patches and other really annoying stuff (yeah, I am no fan of DEF_UI - so glad FallUI/HUD got released) + Truby's 21:6 WQHD Patch works flawlessly with it (for those playing with that resolution)

- Those precombine-patches like BostonFPS Fix and Fo4FI_FPS_Fix made my framerate worse. And are unstable as hell. I wouldn't recommend installing those until your game really needs them

- I added some additional patches and fixes - if you are interested, i can send you a pm with the full list.

Of course I customized my list, but nothing really big. After all, thanks again for your work setting up a valuable starting point for us to mod the game to the state we want it. Have a nice week!

@Fakenet

Thanks. Fixed

@1001nights

1. Fixed

2. No option as long as we don't get a patch for the Vaultgirl. ;)

3. Working fine here... Areas where i had lag before were much improved with those two.

4. Not at the moment. Been sifting through ~40/45 GB of textures today. I want to wrap those up first.

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Fakenet

Thanks. Fixed

@1001nights

1. Fixed

2. No option as long as we don't get a patch for the Vaultgirl. ;)

3. Working fine here... Areas where i had lag before were much improved with those two.

4. Not at the moment. Been sifting through ~40/45 GB of textures today. I want to wrap those up first.

Oh I skipped that Vaultgirl-Replacer (on the other hand, installed the YAS-Perks^^). But after looking at FallUI they say vaultgirl is compatible as long as "Inv Appearal" is unchecked during the installation. But I guess that's what you really want, not the perks^^

Is this setup meant to give my monitor two huge back bars and make everything super grainy?

And just to add insult to injury I again get unplayable framerates.

EDIT:

Yep. it was the ENB, who thought anyone would want that?

But now I noticed that the biggest part of the world is disappearing....

25 minutes ago, Fakenet said:

Is this setup meant to give my monitor two huge back bars and make everything super grainy?

Did you install an ENB? A lot of them tend to have letterbox bars on by default so you just need to disable them. You should be able to do this in-game by opening up the ENB menu (End key on my set up, may be different for yours) and opening up the ENBEFFECTPOSTPASS.fx tab on the right hand side of the menu, where there should be a enable letterbox bar option.

The spoiler has a screen shot of the menu for reference. 

Spoiler

ENBSettings.png.67f2c74958c4c84fb15ad743da5f9e9b.png

@1001nights

Someone mentioned they needed a patch for the HUD too.

And you were right. In a few spots the mods help, but they are worse in other areas. Boston (probably the other one too) will definitely go.

@Fakenet

Yep, i'll never get why they do that.

@Skag

Nice one. ?

@e27spd

Will take a look.

I might add more weapons later. I've got my eye on a few...

Textures will be updated tomorrow (and i found a few goodies as well). Instead of making it easier and controllable (i hate ESP and ESL for textures!) i screwed that part up and it looked worse than before. Skyrim was way easier when it comes to textures and you could see what exactly is going on. Here you can only guess...

@Aylis I would like to say "Thank you for all your efforts" and especially for my loved Fallout 4. Please be encouraged and do not give up this!

Usually I use your guides as a stable base and add mods that I use. One of the most remarkable things about your guides - is absence of 'custom patches' that force mod guide author's way to play. For example Skyrim guides that use 'survival' mods and ESP/ESM from them as masters in 'custom patches'. This makes all guide not usable for me, as I do not interested in survival.
So, your guide is highly flexible and configurable, and that is great.

2 hours ago, Preface said:

Please be encouraged and do not give up this!

Don't worry, i won't.

I had to start to redownload FO4 yesterday (and still am at the DLC) as something major broke. It just takes forever... And a repair might have been possible, but i think a 'tabula rasa' is the better option with an old installation like this.

Status update V3.0.2

Everything has been completely reworked to fix the mistake i made (sorry for that). With the change to the ESP we actually get what i tried to achieve with the loose files. More control for the user.

Difficulty

With the changes the difficulty went up quite a bit. The factions got an upgrade to their armor and weapons. Some groups even work together and the lone raider you've discovered might have friends (from an allied different group) in the vicinity. Or you suddenly end up in the crossfire between two rival gangs... Expect anything!

Textures

There's simply no way to get around Luxors texture packs and if you try there'll be a lot of his separate files in the LO (so an AIO might be better in the first place). The only thing you can do is to add a few smaller texture packs on top of it to get the look you want.

Factions

Almost every faction (and a lot of the NPC) have been reworked. There are way more different groups that fight for survival and, if you're lucky, you might even find a few new friends.

Armor

The armors are, unless you belong to a militaristic group like the gunners, more varied than before. The look and the quality varies a lot as the enemies will use the best equipment they have available. And if a raider got lucky and found some good armor, well, it can become a nasty surprise.

Weapons

Almost all guns have been upgraded. It simply makes no sense that over the course of ~120 years before the war nothing was invented that would improve the weapons available. Bethesda even went back in history for some of the designs. Well, i changed that. Some that were in previous Fallout games are back in, some that make no sense got replaced and you might even stumble on a rare or prototype (aka more modern) weapon.

Fire

This is something you should be very careful with. Flamethrowers and Molotov got a serious upgrade and are now lethal if you don't act.

Flagging ESP as ESL

I managed to flagg quite a few ESP as ESL (those are marked in the list). With that you get a bit more control about what gets priority without sacrificing slots for ESP (they get added into the ESL list). I have to see how to handle this best as we still need the original mod and i don't want to steal someone else's work... If all goes well i can upload the modified ESP so you simply have to download and activate them.