Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

6 minutes ago, kesryth said:

Thanks for that clarification. I thought it seemed odd, but I do recall that there was something else that had a requirement for LL stuff.

Flashy has actually come out with RSE2 since the last list. CWSS will probably needed for the advanced needs part as it was in the first version. 

@asebw

Those are already in the list. The 'Workshop Rearranged' is totally overlooked by quite a few People and it contains quite a lot of useful things (for me it is more than enough for building my settlements).

I'm off for a while adding some new components into my system (which includes rebuilding the watercooling loop).

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Those are already in the list. The 'Workshop Rearranged' is totally overlooked by quite a few People and it contains quite a lot of useful things (for me it is more than enough for building my settlements).

I'm off for a while adding some new components into my system (which includes rebuilding the watercooling loop).

Yes, there's actually quite a few interesting bits in there I need to look into. May even be worth redoing my clean built settlement save. 

On a side note, I've run into a problem with your FSM body textures addon mod. The head texture in the file gives the good old blackface problem. Did a whackload of testing using the PC mod list and one or two others for verification, and it's definitely the file that's causing the problem.

Good luck with the water piping. 

@asebw

New board means a new loop. And of course i need more parts from Bitspower again… ?

But that is definitely not in the Budget for this month anymore (already spent enough for the new parts). So i'm at air atm... and the system is surprisingly quiet with the boxed cooler.

Hmm, thats confusing. I uploaded the same files i use here. A black face can happen after the reload of a savegame but it is rare and usually gone when you change the zone/cell… Is it permanent or random?

Do me a favor and make two checks:

1. add the textures i upload now (replacing FSM). Just to see if it is caused by the selected options in FSM. The addon should come after them.

textures.7z

2. remove the file for the head from the addon. If the problem is still there it got to be something else.

10 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

New board means a new loop. And of course i need more parts from Bitspower again… ?

But that is definitely not in the Budget for this month anymore (already spent enough for the new parts). So i'm at air atm... and the system is surprisingly quiet with the boxed cooler.

Hmm, thats confusing. I uploaded the same files i use here. A black face can happen after the reload of a savegame nut is usually gone when you change the zone...

Gimme a moment...

Heh, I've been there. I spent a pretty penny building my rig a few christmases ago. Expensive, but worth it. 

No, it's a persistent one. Usually going into the looks menu will get rid of blackface, but this issue is specific to the file itself. I take the head texture out of the mod folder and the face comes out fine. Put it back in, and it goes dark again. Even tried it with unique player redux to see if I could pin down what was going on, but something about that file is bad juju. Will try a clean download tomorrow when I go back in for more testing, see if that will make a difference. 

13 hours ago, jaeos said:

well.. this is new...

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.dfa16673741fe033cb284a67199fd0b4.png

when i run bodyslide

reinstalled bodyslide and it forgot where fallout 4 was... and no meshes in preview. oh well lets see if it looks jacked up in game

Did you point it to the right game folder the first time you used it? And did you use the right exe?

Also, did you use the right bodyslide? When I first redid my fallout 4 profile in MO, I accidentally used the Skyrim SE bodyslide (It was set as the default at the time). It, kinda worked, but it also got weird on me. . .

2 hours ago, asebw said:

Did you point it to the right game folder the first time you used it? And did you use the right exe?

Also, did you use the right bodyslide? When I first redid my fallout 4 profile in MO, I accidentally used the Skyrim SE bodyslide (It was set as the default at the time). It, kinda worked, but it also got weird on me. . .

when i reinstalled it (keep in mind i've had it running before) it acted like it had never been run or associated with FO4. almost every mod i had before adding in most of the mod list was operating mostly well.. (minus any dog having a dick anyway. i never could find an actual {go get this mod} post. so i said piss on that i'll deal later. 

Define weird.... i've had some issues crop up that would fall into that heading..

Spoiler

ScreenShot7.png.25fb4689753a2c0ab78e84363d72544e.pngScreenShot8.png.b4a9a38512baf87da7342a7803a9edf6.png

So now i can't even get bodyslide to work i'm just going to go play skyrim. not to be a dick but i only have 2 days to mess with it. already wasted day and a half and it doesn't work right, could it be other stuff i had? yup. but it worked until i installed all these. 

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

when i reinstalled it (keep in mind i've had it running before) it acted like it had never been run or associated with FO4. almost every mod i had before adding in most of the mod list was operating mostly well.. (minus any dog having a dick anyway. i never could find an actual {go get this mod} post. so i said piss on that i'll deal later. 

Define weird.... i've had some issues crop up that would fall into that heading..

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot7.png.25fb4689753a2c0ab78e84363d72544e.pngScreenShot8.png.b4a9a38512baf87da7342a7803a9edf6.png

So now i can't even get bodyslide to work i'm just going to go play skyrim. not to be a dick but i only have 2 days to mess with it. already wasted day and a half and it doesn't work right, could it be other stuff i had? yup. but it worked until i installed all these. 

Well, your screenshots say that there is some kind of conflict with your textures. I would go into the data tab and see what's being put in for the basehumanfemale body textures. (Or playerhumanfemale if you are using Unique character and follower redux). It could also be because you have not yet built the body in bodyslide. 

I would suggest trying to run bodyslide from the mod folder and see if it works without MO2. If it does, I would check to try updating MO2 to see how old your current install is. 

Also, bit of a stupid question, but going to ask for the sake of completeness: Are you putting your fallout 4 mods in the same place as your skyrim mods? If so, that might be an issue.

Also, Also, are you using any other mods not in the current build list? If so, I would suggest disabling and/or removing any mods related to character or npc textures and meshes to see if that will make a difference.

And finally, I understand your frustrations. You do not want me to start on about my 6 month fight with trying to get VIS-G working (2 years if you count the other sorting mods before it). That horrid fucker needs to be taken out back and shot, but I digress. But as it says in the thread title, this is the prerelease build: That means there's going to be problems. If you don't want to put the work into making it work, come back later when a more stable build is put out. 

@Aylis

So, how do you get vis-g to work? Every time i try to use the bleeper, the damn thing keeps crashing whenever i try to open up workbenches in sanctuary to access the storage. Does it work for you right out of the box, or do you have to do something extra?

3 hours ago, asebw said:

Well, your screenshots say that there is some kind of conflict with your textures. I would go into the data tab and see what's being put in for the basehumanfemale body textures. (Or playerhumanfemale if you are using Unique character and follower redux). It could also be because you have not yet built the body in bodyslide. 

I would suggest trying to run bodyslide from the mod folder and see if it works without MO2. If it does, I would check to try updating MO2 to see how old your current install is. 

Also, bit of a stupid question, but going to ask for the sake of completeness: Are you putting your fallout 4 mods in the same place as your skyrim mods? If so, that might be an issue.

Also, Also, are you using any other mods not in the current build list? If so, I would suggest disabling and/or removing any mods related to character or npc textures and meshes to see if that will make a difference.

And finally, I understand your frustrations. You do not want me to start on about my 6 month fight with trying to get VIS-G working (2 years if you count the other sorting mods before it). That horrid fucker needs to be taken out back and shot, but I digress. But as it says in the thread title, this is the prerelease build: That means there's going to be problems. If you don't want to put the work into making it work, come back later when a more stable build is put out. 

It's something with MO and bodyslide. i actually got this to work for about an hour in the wee hours of the morning, using the same MO just switching games is all i have done for awhile. even deleted the profiles and started a new one, but the faq on bodyslide just say you installed it wrong.. well if it was working before these mods, why isn't it working now? and something (possibly a mod i have not on the list) 

No the FO4 mods go into a completely different folder than skyrim (which still works without issues) Now i can't even get bodyslide to work at all..  so it's an issue thats cropped up possibly from one of these mods, possibly from another mod i have. but it didn't exist until i installed this list, but now that bodyslide isn't working at all i'm debating on installing another instance of MO2 just entirely for fallout alone. (i got my 2-3 hours of gaming in so i'm happy)

If VIS-G is so horrid, why put it on the list? @Aylis

i was having CTD when in the pipboy, (when i was able to get it to work) also just random CTD when in the world. so i get it's unstable right now, but theres an issue somewhere and i don't have 8+ hours a day to mess with it. 

9 minutes ago, jaeos said:

It's something with MO and bodyslide. i actually got this to work for about an hour in the wee hours of the morning, using the same MO just switching games is all i have done for awhile. even deleted the profiles and started a new one, but the faq on bodyslide just say you installed it wrong.. well if it was working before these mods, why isn't it working now? and something (possibly a mod i have not on the list) 

No the FO4 mods go into a completely different folder than skyrim (which still works without issues) Now i can't even get bodyslide to work at all..  so it's an issue thats cropped up possibly from one of these mods, possibly from another mod i have. but it didn't exist until i installed this list, but now that bodyslide isn't working at all i'm debating on installing another instance of MO2 just entirely for fallout alone. (i got my 2-3 hours of gaming in so i'm happy)

If VIS-G is so horrid, why put it on the list? @Aylis

i was having CTD when in the pipboy, (when i was able to get it to work) also just random CTD when in the world. so i get it's unstable right now, but theres an issue somewhere and i don't have 8+ hours a day to mess with it. 

Except none of the mods on this list modify bodyslide. Hell, I can't think of a mod that modifies bodyslide in anyway off the top of my head. Did you try running your fallout installed bodyslide outside of MO2? Also, your bodyslide executable in MO2 should look something like this:

Spoiler

1940711560_bodyslideinMO2.png.7a798498fa521d0fc2da4efe0e76ab19.png

On a side note, VIS-G is my eternal foe, not Aylis. When it does work, VIS-G works very well. Though in this particular case, it might be an issue.

@Aylis

So, as mentioned in the previous posts, I am not a fan of VIS-G because it tends to be crash happy for me. And now, I have finally figured out why. It's the strap-on's fault, or at least, something in the one patch to bang them all. Given I was having this problem in the earlier iterations of the AAF builds, i'm putting my caps on the strap-ons.

After spending a chunk of the day testing, it looks like VIS-G and the Vioxsis Strap On mod do not play well together. When I have them both on, I get CTDs when I try to access the armorbench, or the sanctuary inventory. No idea why it's happening though. There's no conflicts with the two esps that come with one patch to bang them all that FO4Edit could find, so my only thought might be that one of the numerous conflicts in the VIS-G esp might be the culprit, or it could be something else altogether. 

Any insight you have into this would be appreciated, unless you wanna just chuck VIS-G for something else.

2 hours ago, asebw said:

Except none of the mods on this list modify bodyslide. Hell, I can't think of a mod that modifies bodyslide in anyway off the top of my head. Did you try running your fallout installed bodyslide outside of MO2? Also, your bodyslide executable in MO2 should look something like this:

Hide contents

1940711560_bodyslideinMO2.png.7a798498fa521d0fc2da4efe0e76ab19.png

On a side note, VIS-G is my eternal foe, not Aylis. When it does work, VIS-G works very well. Though in this particular case, it might be an issue.

mine actually shows start in as leading to the folder bodyslide is in. i didn't do it, MO2 did when i right clicked the data and make executable (per bodyslide instructions)

I felt like a dumbass for a min. i had outfit studio, realized what i did wrong and made a new executable for bodyslide. here,s what MO2 made it

Spoiler

image.png.9fb38779cad85796c6bfb12e19bc69a3.png

I'm starting to think there is an error in the pathing. If i go only to Fallout 4 (z:steam\steamapps\common\fallout4 i get this

image.png.8b99876a4dc9f9c8128712d934b1df5d.png

Spoiler

image.png.be6a2b24d94b750fa1b56b3b629124c0.png

Notice i have no textures.....

but if i add in the \data i get the failure to execute

Spoiler

image.png.8ce753cd6e213236855a98e7b99dbb50.png

I've actually never run across this before

58 minutes ago, jaeos said:

I'm starting to think there is an error in the pathing. If i go only to Fallout 4 (z:steam\steamapps\common\fallout4 i get this

image.png.8b99876a4dc9f9c8128712d934b1df5d.png

Hide contents

image.png.be6a2b24d94b750fa1b56b3b629124c0.png

Notice i have no textures.....

but if i add in the \data i get the failure to execute

Hide contents

image.png.8ce753cd6e213236855a98e7b99dbb50.png

I've actually never run across this before

Did you try running your fallout 4 bodyslide without MO2 yet? yes or no?

Also, try taking out that directory in your start in line of the MO2 executable to see if it makes a difference.

Added an entry for 'Bodyslide' in 'Recommended Settings'. It never failed that way...

For LL i use this atm (no thats not a recommendation - i just wanted to see if it runs at all ?).

Spoiler

LL.png.97a7c23ae9f6880c250d2a1a62472841.png

@asebw

I just followed the instructions shown in the description of 'VIS-G'. You have to get 'Def-UI' right (thats the critical part) and install in the same order as in the list, then it should run fine. But i don't use the strap-ons (at least i didn't find a mod for that in my list here) maybe those got a problem with a mesh. Also i do not use the patch from 'Vault Girl Interface' for 'Def-UI'. That is a SWF that causes a lot of problems.

SavrenX dropped the next pack of updates which i'm going to check now (if that goes on he'll rework the whole game ?). There will also be a few things to make the ferals creepier.

7 hours ago, asebw said:

Did you try running your fallout 4 bodyslide without MO2 yet? yes or no?

Also, try taking out that directory in your start in line of the MO2 executable to see if it makes a difference.

it opened just fine (no meshes but eh) so it's a MO2 > bodyslide issue. Have not taken the start in line out yet. (getting ready for work) i'm sure when MO2 upgraded and mine had to be re-installed something went sideways and it only has to do with fallout. 

Edit: just made a new executable with just the command line and no problems as long as bodyslide didn't go into the /data folder i had meshes butr no textures, go into data and boom. fatal exception.

EDIT EDIT

Apparently step one needs to be verify the game. I had 10 files fail. still can't figure out why they went from just fine to failing in a day. and a half.