Mods that are not compatible with Lovers

For custom races you MUST do one of the following:

1. Install UOP.  Now with OOO installed I don't recommend this option but some folks like it.

2. Install this puppy:  http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/1815/?   - this plugin will make the custom races work just like the default.  

NOTE:  The custom race fix is already built into UOP so that is why you pick one option or the other, depending on whether you use UOP or not.

I personally don't use UOP since I do use OOO.

That didn't fix my problem, and it turns out I can't get any mod that changes walk/run animations to work, UNLESS I use the Nord race. Sigh.

This goes beyond the main purpose if this thread so I'll stop posting about it. I might make a thread on the support section for it.

Probably for the best to make a support thread for it.

As to the fix, well......all I can recommend is a clean install at this point.  You clearly have a serious issue plaguing you and it is one that I have never encountered before.  Rather than try to find and resolve such an obscure bug, you might just wipe and reinstall.  Be sure to delete your Oblivion game folders in your my documents folder as well.  That is where your oblivion.ini file is and your saved games.

Unnecessary Violence III is currently not compatible with Lovers. 

Are you sure?  I thought that was fixed with the mod author reverting back to growlf's universal skeleton.  To make it compatible with the animated penis version of lovers you just don't install the UV3 skeletons.  

There was a thread talking about UV3 at LL that went into more detail.  Don't have it at my fingertips at the moment.

The issue I'm having with UVIII is that the lover animations are not playing, but only with saves that have UVIII as an active mod. I can create a clean save without UVIII, reactivate UVIII and the animations will play for that session but once I save and quit, the animations will no longer play unless I remove UVIII.

After some further research I'm fairly sure it is related to the bug where UVIII attack animations will not play.  Once it is fixed, lovers and UVIII should be compatible. 

Other playable races such as creatures e.g. Playable Goblins.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/31822/?

This mod makes use of special separate folders for the animations therefore you cannot find ani2 folder inside its idleanims. The animations won't play. Humanoid actor will take lovers position (pose without the movement) but the goblin player will be standing just there. Sometimes his goblinish idle anims will triggers during lovers anim being played. 

Thanks. It'd be really awesome to play as goblin with tamogo & hiyoko club mods, if you get my drift. :D

There's always hope for the compatibility patch. Me myself gonna do Boob Job Surgeon Mod based on Shadme's Blockhead. I dunno when I finish. I've locked myself lately into 40+ hours week and have no time almost for anything other than sleeping. Who knows maybe I will quit I can't stand pompous old farts & hags  I work for and find something more in my rage of what I call dignity. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I did some testing with LPK + Enhanced First Person Camera. They actually interact with eachother. If you use TFC when an animation starts, it'll switch to a first person view. Sometimes this works, sometimes it does not. It seems a bit unfriendly with LPK because sometimes your camera will glitch and all it's shown is the torso of your character and the other NPC humping you (or the other way around).

Also, 'PIITP - Enhanced Grabbing' seems to clash with this mod somewhat, since it uses a custom animation for grabbing (which means if you press 'z' to switch animations manually, the character will stand up, do a 'grabbing' animation but shortly after return to the humping).

Enhanced grabbing still is able to change the key to different one but you need to change this manually with the ck.

Other playable races such as creatures e.g. Playable Goblins.

http://oblivion.nexu...om/mods/31822/?

This mod makes use of special separate folders for the animations therefore you cannot find ani2 folder inside its idleanims. The animations won't play. Humanoid actor will take lovers position (pose without the movement) but the goblin player will be standing just there. Sometimes his goblinish idle anims will triggers during lovers anim being played.

What is the folder pointing too ?? if it is different then you can open Lovers creatures and make small changes to goblin to add new path for goblins. That way they player will also play the regular goblin animations just like lovers creatures goblin can since both skeleton are identical.

I am not sure what the script name is but it is something with creature in it.

First of all, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I decided to give Oblivion a shot again after almost two-and-a-half years. I know a lot has changed, so I want to cover my basics before I inevitably ruin my savegames... :D

So, here it goes:

IIRC, the last time around Deadly Reflex wasn't compatible with Lovers because the skeleton it needed was different from the one LPK used. Is this still the case or do both now use the same skeleton and all is well? Un/Installing DR is/was a pain, so I am quite excited to see DR isn't listed as incompatible. 

Tantrivalya is listed as incompatible with HiyokoClub. I take it that it will work if I weren't using HiyokoClub?

Bruce,

The LAPF and DR5 or DR6 are compatible as both are based on Growlf's Universal Skeleton.  You just need to install the DR of your choice FIRST and then install the LAPF.

I pretty much spell out that you should install all your mods prior installing anything lovers related.  That means Better Cities and body mods and overhauls like Colourwheels stuff or OOO or FCOM and all that jazz.  

Tantrivalya should work with Lovers just fine.  I can't guarantee that, but that is my recollection.  It was just the conflict with Tamago Club (pregnancy plugin) that there were issues with.

Bruce,

The LAPF and DR5 or DR6 are compatible as both are based on Growlf's Universal Skeleton.  You just need to install the DR of your choice FIRST and then install the LAPF.

I pretty much spell out that you should install all your mods prior installing anything lovers related.  That means Better Cities and body mods and overhauls like Colourwheels stuff or OOO or FCOM and all that jazz.  

Tantrivalya should work with Lovers just fine.  I can't guarantee that, but that is my recollection.  It was just the conflict with Tamago Club (pregnancy plugin) that there were issues with.

Thanks, Greg.

What can I say? You've already heard all the lame excuses I could come up with.  :P

Getting all the mods together from scratch and trying to not fuck it up, while reading and remembering what needs to be done can be a bit overwhelming. I'm glad and thankful this thread exists, it saves major headaches. Mods evolve and what didn't work two years ago, might not be a problem today or vice versa. 

That's good news about DR, it took me ages to figure out what was wrong with my game the last time. IIRC the NPCs appeared gigantic, but kept getting smaller the closer I got to them. Good times... :D

Give Unnecessary Violence a try, sir. It's also very nice. Compatible with lovers and cake easy to un/install.

Thanks for the tip.

Actually, I have tried it back in the day. I liked DR more then, UV felt a little too "arcade-y" for my tastes, if you know what I mean.

Give Unnecessary Violence a try, sir. It's also very nice. Compatible with lovers and cake easy to un/install.

Well, after some weirdness occured with DR and I couldn't get it configured as I had it back in the day, I ditched it and gave UVIII a shot. I've got to say it is very good and doesn't make me miss DR at all. It's like my parents used to say, I really should listen more, so thanks again for the tip. :D

And just to reiterate, I made a beeline for Tantrivalya, played through the quest and some of the freeform content and it works as it should. I'm not using Hyoko/Tamago club, so these might indeed be culprits. What I noticed though, is that the castle is very demanding on my cpu and gpu, so maybe the instability is caused by the additional scripting load that comes with those two.

DR6 is a little of a pain to install right but is pretty good once you do.

I have not yet tried UV3 and I am going to give it a shot over the Christmas break.  Is UV3 as configurable as DR6?  Meaning can I up the chance of lopping off heads, hands and other shit?  I don't mind a tough fight, but I am all about cool finishes.  I especially like the DR6 bashing to stagger, then using a combo of kicks and even head butts to knock folks to the ground and then finish them with an impale while they are down.  With the blood that flies everywhere on the impale it is just too fucking cool.  If UV3 has the same or similar features I might just give it a shot.

While I just glanced at the ini, it comes with a buttload of options you can change. It seems like you can fine-tune everything to your liking.

You can stagger people, have context sensitive hitzones, stealth knockouts/kills, dual wielding, etc. I think I have only seen a fraction yet, as it has a lot of moves that can be unlocked. It isn't as dependent on playing in 3rd person as it was before, so that is a good thing too. Another thing I've noticed in the short time I've played it is, that it feels a lot more responsive than DR. IIRC it felt like it was the other way around a few years ago.

For some odd reason BOSS doesn't recognize it though. On the other hand it is Interesting that BOSS knows all about the lovers plugins nowadays. :D

BOSS knowing and BOSS getting them in the right order are two different things unfortunately.  So far BOSS still fucks up the "getting in the right order part".

I'll check UV3 out.  It joins my long list of things to investigate.  The horror of work taking up so much of my waking hours to PLAY\MOD!!!   :lol:  :lol:

That sounds all too familiar. :lol:

Well, I haven't installed that many lovers plugins (yet), so maybe the BOSS sorting for them isn't that bad. They all worked as they should, as far as I can tell. I take it that the LO from the installation guide is still relevant? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23-quick-installation-guide/ Or do I have to piece it together from individual mod descriptions? I guess I'm a little spoiled from Fallout, where it, with very few exceptions, doesn't matter where to put the plugins.