View File

-Flawn's Argonians-

A lil' something for skyrim's most underappreciated residents

This overhaul gives skyrim's argonians modified head meshes, glowing eyes, and smooth, but still scaly, skin. It is also features a few options to choose from.

This mod comes in 4k and 2k textures and supports UNP, CBBE, SOS, and SAM bodytypes.

Options in the main File:

body

• Default - Smooth but scaly.
  • Really Smooth - A more "human" front half. (for females and males)
  • No-Nipple - no more reptile tits. (for females)
  • Full Scales - Heavier scales on the chest (for males)

feet

• Human - Human type feet.
  • Claws - Reptilian type feet with clawed toes.

face

• Rough - Better defined scales
  • Smooth - Smoother cheeks

horns

• Light - Light colored horns
  • Dark - Dark colored horns

Other options/patches:

• Dull Speculars - Less shiny skin
  • Muscles - Options for different levels of muscular.
  • CBBE - patch
  • Argonian Fins - Patch (in the main installer)
  • B3lisario UNP - Patch
  • Bad Dog's Hoodies - Patch
  • Derok's Reptilian Feet - Patch (in the main installer)
  • SAM - Patch
  • Interesting NPCs - Patch (in the main installer)

• RDO - Patch (in the main installer)

• Inconsequential NPCs - Patch (in the main installer)

• Immersive College Of Winterhold - Patch (in the main installer)

• ERF Horse Penis - Patch

• Leito Schlongs - Patch

• The Kids Are Alright - Patch

• ERF High Poly - Patch

• PJ - Beast Feet - Patch (in the main installer)

-THIS MOD IS MOSTLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE SPECIAL EDITION, BUT I CAN'T GUARANTEE EVERY PATCH WILL WORK WITH IT.-

If you have any ideas for more options or improvements, be sure to let me know about them.

Recommended Mods-

Natural Eyes by nevenbridge81 - better argonian eye textures, makes them look less bug-eyed

03_YA5_HDT_Tails from Yiffy Age of Skyrim - HDT collision physics for beast tails, doesn't require Yiffy Age but does require HDT Physics Extensions

Beast Race Bodypaints by DomainWolf - body overlays for your characters, 'cause you don't want them to be to plain now do you?

Better Claws and Gauntlets by Derok - because long fingernails are not good enough

Permissions-

-you may not reupload this mod onto any other modding website.

-you may use my textures as a base for your own mod, so long as you give credit.

Credits-

- Navetsea - CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible - textures used

HHaleyy - Fair Skin Complexion - textures used

RomeoZero[Schlongs of Skyrim] Fair Skin for Men overhaul textures - textures used

- ScrollTrol1c - FAMOUS - Fitness And Muscle Options Utility Suite for UNP and 7B - textures used

fadingsignal  - SkySight Skins - Ultra HD 4K and 2K - textures used

- Phygit - Femfeet - model used

Bad Dog -  Yiffy Age of Skyrim - feet models

- Bethesda - Home Alone on NES -yes

View File

Not really my look but I can appreciate what you were going for here. Kind of reminds me of a salamander look, amphibian rather than reptilian. Kinda cool, good job.

Since their humanoid, I'd say keep the belly button but its up to you. Alternatively you could do both: no belly button for UNP, belly button for CBBE.

23 minutes ago, Wiley_Os said:

Awesome work so far!! I had been trying to make something similar myself a while ago, thinking a smoother texture would work nicely as a base for this. Definitely keep it up!

I remember trying to use that mod a while ago and not liking the way it overlayed on the vanilla textures.

I may go see how it overlays on my textures, thanks for reminding me about that mod.

I’m really loving this retexture so far, but is it possible to have compatibility or similar aspects to this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574/? More specifically the stomach and skin colour textures? I really like having the feminine stomach and colour scheme of this mod. If a combination between the smoothness of your mod and the ‘colour scheme’ and stomach of the feminine argonian textures mod was possible, that would be awesome! ❤️

3 hours ago, DeathCustard said:

I’m really loving this retexture so far, but is it possible to have compatibility or similar aspects to this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574/? More specifically the stomach and skin colour textures? I really like having the feminine stomach and colour scheme of this mod. If a combination between the smoothness of your mod and the ‘colour scheme’ and stomach of the feminine argonian textures mod was possible, that would be awesome! ❤️

I was thinking about making a few variants, like one a oblivion style colour scheme. Sure, I could make a "really smooth" version too. Thank you for the suggestion.

13 minutes ago, lonelygrove said:

Is is possible to get this mod to only function for female argonians?

Delete the male textures from the file or install your own afterwards, this won't remove the NPC edits though. I may make them both separate in the next release.

The next release will be rebuilt from scratch using higher res bases. I've already made significant progress on the female textures, you can see previews below.

There's still alot of work to done though. 

-texture seams (mostly on the tail and back of the head)

-msn map problems (again, mostly on the tail and head)

-making the the base colour abit darker (right now it's too light meaning you can't make darker coloured characters)

also the red markings on the character's front are not apart of this mod, they're from this one.

also2 the outfit in the second image is the redguard clothes from BD UUNP Armor and clothes with most of the sliders turned off.

1.png.fc15d5e5bb679c607c5b919f27b50a5b.png2.png.7205a024de5f6d8cf83eb7962d1efb9e.png3.png.320ec53ce6ba4c4085d25b656c33c59a.png

49 minutes ago, ArrayOutOfBoundsException said:

Nice retexture, I like that there's just enough scales on there to not look completely smooth. I normally hate making requests, but would there be any chance of a female variant that doesn't have nipples?

Thank you for downloading. yeah, a no-nipple version sounds simple enough.

A new cbbe patch as well as a "no-nipple" patch are in the works, expect those to be up in a few days.

also if anyone here would be interested providing some better screenshots do let me know because I'm a bit crap at making screenshots.

Tried this mod out, and I like it!...although the head does need polishing. That would be the MSN map problems right? And warpaints do make it a bit worse. >< Otherwise, this is a pretty good texture/mesh replacer for argonians!

8 minutes ago, Kanealpha said:

is there any wayto adjust/change the skin colors of the argonians? i have an argonian follower with dark red scales/skin and now shes even darker

You'll either have to manually edit that particular follower in the creation kit or edit the texture with a image editing program capable of editing dds files (like gimp). I would do the first option as a brighter texture would make the regular colours to light.

Getting a CTD upon loading anything other than a inside cell. Game is heavily modded and i have traced it down to the Main mod, while the add-ons don't crash it. Any idea what it could be?

4 hours ago, gga said:

Getting a CTD upon loading anything other than a inside cell. Game is heavily modded and i have traced it down to the Main mod, while the add-ons don't crash it. Any idea what it could be?

Are you playing as an argonian? The main file contains modified head models, that's my only guess.

On 7/5/2019 at 5:31 PM, gga said:

I've been getting this too, not playing as an argonian though. Usually the first few times I try I have better luck, and it seems to work better with the 2.2 and 2k versions

5 hours ago, Pleasemadam said:

I've been getting this too, not playing as an argonian though. Usually the first few times I try I have better luck, and it seems to work better with the 2.2 and 2k versions

Oh, I get it now. The main textures are very vram hungry because they're uncompressed. I didn't compress them as the textures are mostly grey and compressing them would add purple and green artifacts, and it looked really bad. You could try to increase your virtual memory or compressing them using the Ordenador tool. I'd go for the former considering what I said before.

8 hours ago, flawn said:

Oh, I get it now. The main textures are very vram hungry because they're uncompressed. I didn't compress them as the textures are mostly grey and compressing them would add purple and green artifacts, and it looked really bad. You could try to increase your virtual memory or compressing them using the Ordenador tool. I'd go for the former considering what I said before.

I bumped it up from 512 mb to 768 and it seems to be running fine now