[mod] Sexbound Defeat

Can defeat for player be disabled when you are inside an instance(since it seems it doesn't work there, the player just becomes immortal)?

If its an easy change, can you tell me the syntax and location where I have to alter the script?

Also, I made the player die after the defeat timer is over, maybe it can be included as an option in the config file for the future.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:46 PM, someoneidk said:

I know its already been stated that FU and FR cause some issues with enemies being difficult to defeat but I figured it might help with bug fixes later on. It seems I'm specifically having issues with Novakid, Hylotl, and Precursors. The majority of times when I try to out right kill them instead of having sex, they tend to constantly revive instead of out right dying. After being defeated several times, they tend to suddenly come back and are totally immune to damage but can still attack you. Once this happens, they can only really be killed via console which gets irritating especially when taking down hylotl pagodas or outlaw mines. All other races seem to work most of the time, even if I have to kill them a few times before they die.

How'd you kill them with the console? using the command "/entityeval status.setResource("health",0)" doesn't seem to work for me.

19 hours ago, SSekie said:

How'd you kill them with the console? using the command "/entityeval status.setResource("health",0)" doesn't seem to work for me.

That works, or "health",-100. It may take a few tries, since NPC's with regen can often ignore death...

You can just input the command once and spam P to repeat it.

• 2 weeks later...

Running on 1.4.3 and this appears on the logs every time I die.

[19:17:36.895] [Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Transform'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/transform.l..."]:49: attempt to call a nil value (field 'setTileProtection')
stack traceback:
	[C]: in field 'setTileProtection'
	[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/transform.l..."]:49: in method 'negateTileProtection'
	[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/transform.l..."]:63: in method 'placeSexNode'
	[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player/transform.l..."]:53: in method 'tryCreateNode'
	[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player/transform.l..."]:27: in function <[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player/transform.l..."]:23>
	(...tail calls...)
	[C]: in field 'sendEntityMessage'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/player_primary.lua"]:82: in global '_applyDamageRequest'
	[string "/scripts/mm_player_primary.lua"]:12: in function <[string "/scripts/mm_player_primary.lua"]:11>

8 hours ago, Rattle189 said:

Running on 1.4.3 and this appears on the logs every time I die.

[19:17:36.895] [Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Transform'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/transform.l..."]:49: attempt to call a nil value (field 'setTileProtection')
stack traceback:
	[C]: in field 'setTileProtection'
	[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/transform.l..."]:49: in method 'negateTileProtection'
	[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/transform.l..."]:63: in method 'placeSexNode'
	[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player/transform.l..."]:53: in method 'tryCreateNode'
	[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player/transform.l..."]:27: in function <[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player/transform.l..."]:23>
	(...tail calls...)
	[C]: in field 'sendEntityMessage'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/player_primary.lua"]:82: in global '_applyDamageRequest'
	[string "/scripts/mm_player_primary.lua"]:12: in function <[string "/scripts/mm_player_primary.lua"]:11>

Yeah, tile protection when done by the player, doesn't work, so it fails. It only works for NPC's. This so far isn't solved, Loc is busy looking for alternatives, solving bugs, and generally making things work for the main API.

Okay so -

I was having a lot of trouble trying to apprehend Ignoble. Wasn't raping them, did the whole "wait x time" yada yada, that did not work for some reason. Last character it worked after a few times, but this time, no matter how long I waited, they would not let themselves be apprehended.

Not gonna turn this into a story, but...

If you have a problem like me, get them into an enclosed area, and pour lava over them. Make sure the lava thins out enough so no one takes damage when you apprehend them though.

This might not apply to everyone, but it's how I did it

Kinda hoping for some object that allows you to toggle Defeat any time, any place to prevent similar situations

Ok, I know this keeps getting asked but I'm pretty curious. And there haven't been any answers on the subject (from what I can find).

Are there any plans to change how the system works for specific genders? It's weird when you play as male you're always dominant after being stunned. But as soon as you stun an enemy and use the node you're being dominated automatically (but in that situation you can change it). It'd make more sense if it was a m/m encounter the aggressor would be dominant. Or a M/F encounter where the male loses should play out with the female on top or oral. 

If no plans to change this are in motion, is there at least a way to change it myself?

Any reply with info pertaining to this is appreciated.

4 hours ago, Kestral2 said:

Ok, I know this keeps getting asked but I'm pretty curious. And there haven't been any answers on the subject (from what I can find).

Are there any plans to change how the system works for specific genders? It's weird when you play as male you're always dominant after being stunned. But as soon as you stun an enemy and use the node you're being dominated automatically (but in that situation you can change it). It'd make more sense if it was a m/m encounter the aggressor would be dominant. Or a M/F encounter where the male loses should play out with the female on top or oral. 

If no plans to change this are in motion, is there at least a way to change it myself?

Any reply with info pertaining to this is appreciated.

I haven't touched upon this myself, but i know how it works.

This is how it handles it because Defeat isn't meant to be the main way to initiate interactions, so the whole thing isn't with that in mind, its more like Defeat just works and that system to change actor's places has been in place ever since 2.6/7 or so.

The reason why changing it is a bad idea, and why i haven't messed with it, is because it'd get very complicated very quickly if we added more IF's to it, and how it'll affect all sexnodes, and thus, all of sexbound's interactions. For instance, Aphrodite's bossfight would have her dom'ing male players by default, and that'd be equally as silly comparably. Its a "lesser of two evils" thing really. Until Defeat somehow adds a flag to say "Change how actors are ordered to always sub the defeated one", it'll be handled same as the rest of the mod.

2 hours ago, Synlaine said:

@red3dred I was gonna ask in the other thread but thought it was more fitting here, but are the monsters you are working on compatible with the defeat mod?

Nope, they cause defeat on players, but can't initiate interactions, and won't get defeated by players.

1 hour ago, Synlaine said:

Do you plan on allowing them to initiate interactions like regular NPCs or does the holy code adeptus astartes codex thingy not allow for it? O.-

Its a planned feature to make monsters able to initiate Defeat and make use of it, but its not something easily achievable, after all, monsters can't use beds or chairs, so making them able to do so, and then willing to do so (For monsters that just sit far away shooting at you, for instance) is another beast in of itself. Not impossible, but definitely something that we'd need to enslave Locuturus for a solid week to know if it can even work. But then again i prefer not dropping tasks on Loc like that, if its something i was able to do, i'd surely dedicate a very long time just trying to pull that off.

Hello, i am using this add-on and i wanted to customize it, but i may have been blind or not when checking the config file, but is there are any way to configure it so only the player is forced turned into sexnode upon defeat? the reason being is that i find it a bit game breaking in terms of gameplay or immersion for every npc to turn once defeated into a sexnode?

2 minutes ago, nanithefucc said:

Hello, i am using this add-on and i wanted to customize it, but i may have been blind or not when checking the config file, but is there are any way to configure it so only the player is forced turned into sexnode upon defeat? the reason being is that i find it a bit game breaking in terms of gameplay or immersion for every npc to turn once defeated into a sexnode?

Well, that kind of defeats the purpose (Uh... joke unintended) since the main mechanic is with NPC's, but aight, to disable it for NPC's, you can just remove the file within the NPC's folder: "base.npc.patch". That should disable them having the defeat mechanic.

I had already made a version with this in mind, but it is best to let users customize to their taste, since there are also other options available. Before anyone asks, the opposite, disabling Player defeat is just as equally possible.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Well, that kind of defeats the purpose (Uh... joke unintended) since the main mechanic is with NPC's, but aight, to disable it for NPC's, you can just remove the file within the NPC's folder: "base.npc.patch". That should disable them having the defeat mechanic.

I had already made a version with this in mind, but it is best to let users customize to their taste, since there are also other options available. Before anyone asks, the opposite, disabling Player defeat is just as equally possible.

Oh thanks a lot for the reply, ill go ahead and try that.

I'm new here and I don't know the full mechanics of this site. I don't have a complaint only a suggestion: When you are defeated being a male, would it be possible to have the ability to switch either we are tops or bottoms if we are defeated by another male npc. I get it is a forced thing but the dialogue doesn't match up with the actions. For example, a male apex will say (once i am defeated) "You're going to make such a fine cum dumpster for me." However, when they do show me what a "fine cum dumpster I am" I am topping them. So, I guess it is not more of a choice I am looking for but more of consistency. I still love the mod nonetheless it is just a little quirk i found

On 7/14/2019 at 1:53 PM, Fiend_Herd said:

Could the time be doubled possibly, and NPCs having equal time to the player? I find it to be rather short, especially just 30 seconds for an NPC

you can technically change that in the mod folder, if you acquired the UNPACK version, by having a file editing program. I have Notepad++, its easy, simple, and free. If you do wish to try this for yourself, what you will need to find in the mod's folder is a .config file and edit that. Everything else is kinda straightforward. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:24 AM, Techboy15 said:

I'm new here and I don't know the full mechanics of this site. I don't have a complaint only a suggestion: When you are defeated being a male, would it be possible to have the ability to switch either we are tops or bottoms if we are defeated by another male npc. I get it is a forced thing but the dialogue doesn't match up with the actions. For example, a male apex will say (once i am defeated) "You're going to make such a fine cum dumpster for me." However, when they do show me what a "fine cum dumpster I am" I am topping them. So, I guess it is not more of a choice I am looking for but more of consistency. I still love the mod nonetheless it is just a little quirk i found

I get the same.  Always has the male player being the top.  any way to set that or customize this any?