[mod] Sexbound Defeat

Hello! +1 to the person who asked if we could switch/set who's on top/bottom - I would also love to know this.

I would like my player character to always be on bottom (recieving end) if defeated regardless of their gender because that just makes more sense.

I apologize if this is common knowledge, I tried searching the answer but came up with nothing. :(

Minor issue, player becomes invincible upon reaching 1 health and cannot generate energy for the duration of what would've been the 30 second defeat. However, the player does not go into the animation and can still fight and slay their would be assailants.

Basically I go into godmode instead of getting defeated or killed lol. Don't know what is causing it. Had this happen in a multiplayer game with one of my friends becoming invincible at 0 health but I'd just straight up die lol

starbound.log.1

4 hours ago, Anonyshadow said:

Minor issue, player becomes invincible upon reaching 1 health and cannot generate energy for the duration of what would've been the 30 second defeat. However, the player does not go into the animation and can still fight and slay their would be assailants.

Basically I go into godmode instead of getting defeated or killed lol. Don't know what is causing it. Had this happen in a multiplayer game with one of my friends becoming invincible at 0 health but I'd just straight up die lol

starbound.log.1 73.92 kB · 1 download

Quick question, but were these "deaths" set in a protected area, like a dungeon or mission? I've had cases of it doing the same for such areas, but only for players.

Hey, awesome mod, but feels empty. Here's two things I would suggest:

1. With the mod itself - after an enemy is defeated they should be still dressed up but in some sort of prone position, like on their knees.

2. Potentially with a separate mod unless you're ambitious: some sort of prisoner system, similar to villagers (Prison Deed?) where we can take captured enemies with us.

Right now it only gives us a chance to get sex animation with fallen enemy, but it doesn't feel like we're actually defeating them and taking advantage, more like a fancy death animation scene.

Otherwise awesome!

I don't think any of the race-specific dialogue lines in the .config file are ever actually used. I've been testing with the default (which only adds lines for florans) and an edited one which adds victory and defeat lines for each race. Not once in 30 each did a race-specific dialogue line show up.

Also, would it be possible to make sexnodes default to the first frame of the Actor2 Fellatio animation instead of just standing there? That way they'd be on their knees instead of just standing around.

10 hours ago, CrazyMax said:

Hey, awesome mod, but feels empty. Here's two things I would suggest:

1. With the mod itself - after an enemy is defeated they should be still dressed up but in some sort of prone position, like on their knees.

2. Potentially with a separate mod unless you're ambitious: some sort of prisoner system, similar to villagers (Prison Deed?) where we can take captured enemies with us.

Right now it only gives us a chance to get sex animation with fallen enemy, but it doesn't feel like we're actually defeating them and taking advantage, more like a fancy death animation scene.

Otherwise awesome!

1 has been commented on, it can be done, but you'd need to make artwork for every single vanilla clothing... Something nobody has even stepped up to do so far.
2 has been already thought of, and one user is trying to do so.
It is a "fancy finisher with your genitals" mod, yeah, but that's basically what defeat is. No magic about it. Unless you enable enemy conversion to friendly along with "Immortal pregnancies"...

9 hours ago, budhram said:

so for some reason all my NPCs are gone...

EDIT: fixed it nevermind

?‍♂️

3 hours ago, tarasshevchenko said:

I don't think any of the race-specific dialogue lines in the .config file are ever actually used. I've been testing with the default (which only adds lines for florans) and an edited one which adds victory and defeat lines for each race. Not once in 30 each did a race-specific dialogue line show up.

Also, would it be possible to make sexnodes default to the first frame of the Actor2 Fellatio animation instead of just standing there? That way they'd be on their knees instead of just standing around.

Those are both good points-- i've not tried adding new defeat dialogue myself, if you'd like for me to take a look and see what might be the issue, i could. As for the second point.... that's actually a fair one. People have been considering making a custom idle for it, but that'd require updating all race artworks, pretty much. For now, there is no detection of whether or not its a defeat node, they're all the same, but using Fellatio's sprite is very smart, perhaps along with either a crying or annoyed emote.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:40 PM, red3dred said:

Quick question, but were these "deaths" set in a protected area, like a dungeon or mission? I've had cases of it doing the same for such areas, but only for players.

They were. So do dungeons disable the 'defeat'? Seems kind of a shame because thats where most of the NPCs tend to be.

I'm having two weird issues?

The first one is:
My crew Member (Floran) runs up to the defeated NPC, has sex with them and then the NPC dies off. I move on and defeat another NPC, but this time neither of my crew members is having sex with them, however I can still interact and have sex with the defeated NPC.

The second one is:
I get defeated by a random NPC after falling off a cliff, But instead of being defeated I get left at 20% HP, still able to move and shoot while still being able to take hits but no damage.

Unsure what other mods is causing this, because this just happened recently and hasn't happened before

The UNPAK version doesn't seem to be working. I don't regenerate energy, and neither I or NPCs can damage each other.

The PAK version works as expected. However, I'd prefer to be able to configure things.

Both tested with only Defeat and the API installed, so it's not another mod causing the issue.

Its pretty safe to say the defeat is rather buggy as of right now, expect some issues folks. Known issues include:

• Depending on other mods, player defeat maybe disabled (Reported with SBG Races)
  • Depending on other mods, NPC conversion feature may be disabled. (Frackin' Universe)
  • "Immortal pregnancies" quite literally makes NPC's immortal. Feels like either a bug or just a odd design choice.
  • Player defeats don't work in protected areas. Within dungeons or even in space-dungeons (Mech areas), this causes the player to become invincible, have no energy regen, and sometimes, unable to deal damage back.
  • NPC's whose node was broken with damage may cause the NPC to instantly become a node again, upon breaking this node, the NPC invincible.
  • NPC's whose node was broken VS whose node/status effect timed out seem to trigger conversion/immortality/defeat functions differently.
  • Players can now hit themselves with the Aphrodite's Bow, and also other players, to trigger a instant "defeat"-like state. (Similar to how it works with NPC's)

All that said, the mod still mostly works for its purpose, and that's nice, if you prefer not to install things like Aphrodite's bow. Just gotta wait and hope for the bug squashing to come.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:29 PM, Ermiz said:

Is there a way to change if you're on top/bottom? It's a bit odd (though enjoyable) being beaten only to have dudes sit on my dick.

Im wondering about this too. I managed to get the mod to work just fine in spite of people having issues and I also have PM2PB installed.
But it does bother me a bit that I pounce on a beaten enemy just to get myself fucked instead. I can switch position but I have to do that for every encounter.

To be clear, I have futas enabled and my girl is pouncing on beaten female enemies but they end up topping anyway.

I'm having a bit of an issue and I'm not quite sure if it's related to  Defeat, but I may as well ask.

This keeps happening. Whenever I beat certain NPCs (Or I myself get beat), a floating head just remains there. I can interact with it and go INSIDE of it, even if the floating head is my own assuming I return to where I was defeated and interact with it, triggering the sexbound status effect, but I have no idea what's causing it. 

Here are two images of the issue, while this is in a mission area it has occurred outside too.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be? Everything's freshly installed, so it should all be up to date. I can post my mod list too if that'll help.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

On 7/3/2019 at 3:36 PM, Villiana said:

I'm having a bit of an issue and I'm not quite sure if it's related to  Defeat, but I may as well ask.

This keeps happening. Whenever I beat certain NPCs (Or I myself get beat), a floating head just remains there. I can interact with it and go INSIDE of it, even if the floating head is my own assuming I return to where I was defeated and interact with it, triggering the sexbound status effect, but I have no idea what's causing it. 

Here are two images of the issue, while this is in a mission area it has occurred outside too.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be? Everything's freshly installed, so it should all be up to date. I can post my mod list too if that'll help.

I remember having that same issue; for me it was one of the mods that was causing it.  I can't remember which one, though, but if you post the mod list it might jog my memory.

Also, +1 for switching/being able to set who is top/bottom after an npc defeats the player! For me, personally, it feels odd that when an npc of the same gender defeats the player, they default to bottoming instead of being the one doing the penetrating/dominating.  I've tried scrounging through the Sexbound unpak and Defeat unpak to change the code personally but I am not fluent in Lua and after several hours wasted, hear I am :')

And thanks for making all these mods, it's very much appreciated!

On 7/3/2019 at 9:36 PM, Villiana said:

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

I had that issue too. I had to remove the outdated futanari mod and instead go with PM2PB for girldick.

I know its already been stated that FU and FR cause some issues with enemies being difficult to defeat but I figured it might help with bug fixes later on. It seems I'm specifically having issues with Novakid, Hylotl, and Precursors. The majority of times when I try to out right kill them instead of having sex, they tend to constantly revive instead of out right dying. After being defeated several times, they tend to suddenly come back and are totally immune to damage but can still attack you. Once this happens, they can only really be killed via console which gets irritating especially when taking down hylotl pagodas or outlaw mines. All other races seem to work most of the time, even if I have to kill them a few times before they die.

2 hours ago, someoneidk said:

I know its already been stated that FU and FR cause some issues with enemies being difficult to defeat but I figured it might help with bug fixes later on. It seems I'm specifically having issues with Novakid, Hylotl, and Precursors. The majority of times when I try to out right kill them instead of having sex, they tend to constantly revive instead of out right dying. After being defeated several times, they tend to suddenly come back and are totally immune to damage but can still attack you. Once this happens, they can only really be killed via console which gets irritating especially when taking down hylotl pagodas or outlaw mines. All other races seem to work most of the time, even if I have to kill them a few times before they die.

That is a bug with FU and FR itself. Any race/character that has innate regen seems to more often than not trigger their regen before they account for having 0 HP and dying. However, Defeat will always trigger on 0.1 HP or less, which means it is in fact, somehow more reliable than the death code...

FU should really just push some sort of NPC/player fix for that, because i've also had cases of taking lethal damage and surviving because i had passive regen. Oh, and if you use broadswords/melees, watch out: Killing the node and killing the NPC inside the node just as it comes out again, thus triggering another defeat, causes the script to get stuck half-way and makes them invincible. This can happen even without FU and indeed, it needs a fixing.

On 6/21/2019 at 2:18 AM, red3dred said:

A series of mods could be interfering with the whole process. Player defeat is enabled by default, its just a comment one the script that points out that its not a default API feature.

Mods confirmed to cause issues in Defeat:
SBG Races
Frackin' Universe
Frackin' Races

Those don't necessarily break the mod, they just cause or another feature to either be wonky or not work.
SBG disables player defeat
FU disables the conversion of enemies into allies
FR causes enemies to often not die at the end of the timer and just come back raring to battle. May take a few attempts to kill some species.

actually, i found the issue! I apparently had the "Sexbound2.7.6(Human_Eyes_Reskin)Beta.pak" Mod active and it was actually interfering with a lot of things (like breaking sexbound's interface). defeat works fine now.