Jump to content
Locuturus

[mod] Sexbound Defeat

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, AlluringEmerald said:

Hello. Was there ever a fix for the invincibility after being defeated? I've got just Sexbound and Sexbound Defeat installed and it's still happening.

Not yet, sorry.

Link to post
22 minutes ago, AlluringEmerald said:

Thank you for the quick response! Well, is there any way to get the older versions of Sexbound Defeat?

There are legacy downloads for the API, but not for Defeat. If you want, i do have some older versions sitting around, but not all.
image.png.59499cdb40c2ccaa6f0346fe92b5d11f.png

Link to post
53 minutes ago, red3dred said:

There are legacy downloads for the API, but not for Defeat. If you want, i do have some older versions sitting around, but not all.
image.png.59499cdb40c2ccaa6f0346fe92b5d11f.png

Actually, which version if Sexbound works best with the current version of Defeat?

 

EDIT: I tested it out with the latest v2 of Sexbound and it still makes me invincible when killed by any NPC. Can you share Defeat before the monster support was added?

Link to post
34 minutes ago, AlluringEmerald said:

Actually, which version if Sexbound works best with the current version of Defeat?

 

EDIT: I tested it out with the latest v2 of Sexbound and it still makes me invincible when killed by a monster. Can you share Defeat before the monster support was added?

Thinking heavily 🤔

 

I guess 1.3.1?

 

Sexbound-Defeat-v1.3.1-UNPAK.zip

Link to post

There seems to be a problem regarding being defeated on places like apex space stations, hylotl space pagodas, or bandit spaceships. Space zones like that. For some reason you just do not enter the defeated stun state and immediately die, despite the NPCs properly reciting the "haha I got you" lines.

 

This isn't a general bug that's preventing me from entering a defeat state at all and isn't specifically a problem with the NPCs that spawn there, because:

  1. I tested being defeated on a planet, and the defeat state worked as intended
  2. I spawned in an NPC that wouldn't normally belong on the ship, and the same problem occurred.

starbound.log <- Log file that includes me buttsing in and out of admin mode clumsily to spawn and test stuff.

Link to post
4 hours ago, blightedcliffracer said:

There seems to be a problem regarding being defeated on places like apex space stations, hylotl space pagodas, or bandit spaceships. Space zones like that. For some reason you just do not enter the defeated stun state and immediately die, despite the NPCs properly reciting the "haha I got you" lines.

 

This isn't a general bug that's preventing me from entering a defeat state at all and isn't specifically a problem with the NPCs that spawn there, because:

  1. I tested being defeated on a planet, and the defeat state worked as intended
  2. I spawned in an NPC that wouldn't normally belong on the ship, and the same problem occurred.

starbound.log <- Log file that includes me buttsing in and out of admin mode clumsily to spawn and test stuff.

It's a problem with protected areas, there's no real solution as it stands to it, besides disabling tile protection by either modding the space ship files (theres a workshop mod for this) or using debug commands.

Link to post

Anyone got a fix for invincible enemies? I cant get past the old glitch temple mission because some enemies have no health but stay alive. They don't always attack either, just follow whoever aggro's them.

Link to post

So is this still in development? If so, do you think it would be possible to make it so you could specify the sex (and race) of the speaker + the other character in the configs for the dialogue? Like, if it was a male raping a female and the male is speaking, it would print "This is one tight pussy!" or something? Dialogue is important to me for both immersion and titillation. I would be willing to provide dialogue, as I'm fairly experienced at writing erotica. (I was planning to write some additional dialogue for myself and perhaps share my config file with permission, but the lack of customization options really got to me.)

Link to post

I'm having issues with npcs not dying. some npcs that I kill will either die, turn into a node but stay immortal after turning back, turn into a node and reverting back but immediately turning into a node again after taking damage, or they will turn red and will become passive and not attack anything or take damage/have damage effects (hurt sounds, hurt particles, etc)

 

Is there a way to change the probability of npcs, monsters, and players to become a node?

Is there a way to kill npcs and prevent them from becoming a node? (I've tried using nuclear warfare against nodes and it doesnt really do much)

Link to post

Some proposed fixes for the people here who understand LUA and Starbound modding in generaL.

 

Fixing Invincibility:

It seems the code implements timers for a lot of things, so it doesn't seem completely impossible or infeasible.

  1. Implement a timer variable for the player and any NPCs which can experience invulnerability when undesired.
  2. Upon being created as a node, or upon receiving the isDefeated flag, start the timer. Default it to something low like ten seconds.
  3. Check HP at the end of the timer.  If <= 0, assume the animation failed and send tryToDie().  Clear defeated flag.

If I'm not mistaken, tryToDie() is set up to regenerate health if the actor is pregnant, which should also, in theory, cancel out the invulnerability, or kill the actor on the spot.  Wouldn't this essentially end invulnerability?

 

Another issue:  Player Replication after Defeat (interacting with node with 'e')

So, another issue I came across is that, while the sex animation is being played, the player can still very much interact with things.  They can swing their weapons, or pretty much do anything else while the animation is taking place.  If they hit e while the cursor is above any actor in the animation, you spawn a clone of yourself and engage in a three-way with your old self and the enemy.

 

Doing this causes a ton of issues.  Most notably that your old body will be stuck in a sex animation with the enemy entity indefinitely.  It essentially breaks the entirety of Sexbound for the player, including stat progression, etc.

 

With a failsafe like above for the invincibility fix implemented, an easy way to solve this (though I'm unsure of the possibility) would be to simply disable player input during these animations.  Once the player is no longer a node and the defeated flag is reset, re-enable input.

 

I've attached an image or two showing off the replication issue.

 

Spoiler

starbound_71O1wL8YLN.pngstarbound_xeFKv3HsYk.pngstarbound_0PbXJdew30.png

Link to post

Okay, so wanting to fix this problem for myself, I came up with a quick and dirty solution.  Whenever the player is marked as Defeated, an "uhOh" timer (yeah, I couldn't think of a proper name) is set.  This uhOh timer is hard coded in the file to be three seconds.  If after being markeed defeated, the player is NOT affected by the Sexbound stunned debuff, the player will die.

This can easily be changed in the code to just reset their HP to .5, or to 1, or even teleport home... what have you, but I currently hard-coded it to just kill the player instead.

 

NOTE:  I AM NOT AN LUA PROGRAMMER, AND IT LIKELY SHOWS.  I can't really take any responsibility for any bugs this may have introduced, but as far as I can tell none have been.  I've tested it for an hour and it seems to be working fine.  The primary additions are as follows.

 

Spoiler

  if self._isDefeated then
    if self._entityType == "player" then
      self._uhOh = self._uhOh + dt
      if self._uhOh >= 3 and not self:isStunned() then
        -- Clear timers and tryToDie()
        self._timer = 0
        self._uhOh = 0
      
        self._isConfirmed = false
        self._isDefeated  = false
			
        self:untransform()
        -- Change this to whatever default behavior you want. Default is currently set to tryToDie().  Maybe add config setting in the future.
        self:tryToDie()
        -- status.setResourcePercentage("health", 0.5)
      end
    end
  end

 

 

These are not the only changes, so I added the following file as an attachment.

/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua

 

NOTE:  Tested and works as is as a drop-in solution to ONLY FIX THE INVULNERABILITY ISSUE.  It requires the unpacked version of the mod to work.  DO NOT use just the code above.  Other parts of the files were changed, but just not documented in the post itself.  IF YOU USE THIS, JUST DROP THE FILE AND OVERWRITE THE PREVIOUS.

 

@red3dred @Locuturus

 Can change or remove this post if they wish.  Just thought I'd post this temporary fix until a more elegant/official solution can be provided.

 

sexbounddefeat.lua

Link to post
On 7/12/2020 at 1:42 AM, Khanduras said:

Okay, so wanting to fix this problem for myself, I came up with a quick and dirty solution.  Whenever the player is marked as Defeated, an "uhOh" timer (yeah, I couldn't think of a proper name) is set.  This uhOh timer is hard coded in the file to be three seconds.  If after being markeed defeated, the player is NOT affected by the Sexbound stunned debuff, the player will die.

This can easily be changed in the code to just reset their HP to .5, or to 1, or even teleport home... what have you, but I currently hard-coded it to just kill the player instead.

 

NOTE:  I AM NOT AN LUA PROGRAMMER, AND IT LIKELY SHOWS.  I can't really take any responsibility for any bugs this may have introduced, but as far as I can tell none have been.  I've tested it for an hour and it seems to be working fine.  The primary additions are as follows.

 

  Hide contents


  if self._isDefeated then
    if self._entityType == "player" then
      self._uhOh = self._uhOh + dt
      if self._uhOh >= 3 and not self:isStunned() then
        -- Clear timers and tryToDie()
        self._timer = 0
        self._uhOh = 0
      
        self._isConfirmed = false
        self._isDefeated  = false
			
        self:untransform()
        -- Change this to whatever default behavior you want. Default is currently set to tryToDie().  Maybe add config setting in the future.
        self:tryToDie()
        -- status.setResourcePercentage("health", 0.5)
      end
    end
  end

 

 

These are not the only changes, so I added the following file as an attachment.


/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua

 

NOTE:  Tested and works as is as a drop-in solution to ONLY FIX THE INVULNERABILITY ISSUE.  It requires the unpacked version of the mod to work.  DO NOT use just the code above.  Other parts of the files were changed, but just not documented in the post itself.  IF YOU USE THIS, JUST DROP THE FILE AND OVERWRITE THE PREVIOUS.

 

@red3dred @Locuturus

 Can change or remove this post if they wish.  Just thought I'd post this temporary fix until a more elegant/official solution can be provided.

 

sexbounddefeat.lua 8.56 kB · 19 downloads

I tried using this and testing around and I don't seem to have it working. Which version of Sexbound and Defeat are you using for this?

Link to post
1 hour ago, CommanderAli said:

I tried using this and testing around and I don't seem to have it working. Which version of Sexbound and Defeat are you using for this?

HEY SO, IGNORE MY DUMB ASS! Turns out I accidentally put the file IN THE WRONG FOLDER. After doing it correctly it works! Thank you!

Link to post
On 7/18/2020 at 9:44 PM, CommanderAli said:

HEY SO, IGNORE MY DUMB ASS! Turns out I accidentally put the file IN THE WRONG FOLDER. After doing it correctly it works! Thank you!

Which folder does it go into?

Link to post
On 7/11/2020 at 8:42 PM, Khanduras said:

It requires the unpacked version of the mod to work.

On 7/11/2020 at 8:42 PM, Khanduras said:

/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua

I did state that, as well as the location, in my post.  Sorry if it wasn't clear enough!  I sometimes have a very difficult time explaining myself.  My head works in odd ways.

 

Either way, I hope this works for everyone!  If it doesn't I guess I can just start posting unofficial fixes for things I discover need corrected, but it would be fantastic to get some official fixes made.  I guess I can remain hopeful.

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Khanduras said:

I did state that, as well as the location, in my post.  Sorry if it wasn't clear enough!  I sometimes have a very difficult time explaining myself.  My head works in odd ways.

 

Either way, I hope this works for everyone!  If it doesn't I guess I can just start posting unofficial fixes for things I discover need corrected, but it would be fantastic to get some official fixes made.  I guess I can remain hopeful.

 

Oh don't worry! Yea foresight is a funny thing. I guess my brain just kinda rejected the stand-out text in favour of "Oh fix where's the dowload?!"

Link to post

Oh yeah! Not sure why but from Sexbound 3.19.1, when I get defeated and then the stun runs out, whilst my character and the attacker do get out of the node, the node still exists with both actors still in it. Where I turned on admin for the final time is where it should've roughly ended.

 

starbound.log

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...