Admittedly, I am kind of lost on how to really "begin" using this mod/building...

I can get friendly with chaurus for example -  got EC+ / things in the dark/other slave mods for that.

I just gave birth to 15 parasitic eggs (ec+)  so hoping some hatch...
I see some charus glowing green (which i assume is courtesy of CL)

Q1:  as it relates to CL, how does one begin growing the hive?
Q2  molting, and the greenish hue specifically, you mention it takes 3-5 min to complete,   do i have to physically be there for it- vs in a diff load door?

I think- if i follow the life cycle part of the description and read into it(correctly)...

basically, I just grab a chair, grab an ale, and kind of watch the eggs i mentioned above hatch, and just let time pass and watch.. maybe at some point mate with dominance winners?

24 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

I see some charus glowing green (which i assume is courtesy of CL)

Yes.

24 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

Q1:  as it relates to CL, how does one begin growing the hive?

CL handles life cycle for existing chaurus.  When they become reapers, they fight one another.

25 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

Q2  molting, and the greenish hue specifically, you mention it takes 3-5 min to complete,   do i have to physically be there for it- vs in a diff load door?

Depends on a lot of factors under the hood of your Skyrim install and the way you play (which areas are still in memory for instance, which depends on how many areas you visit in a given timespan/play session).  Strictly, you don't have to be present.  If you are present, the odds of them "remembering" their previous selves is better.

27 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

basically, I just grab a chair, grab an ale, and kind of watch the eggs i mentioned above hatch

In theory, that will happen, but EC+ growth rate is absurdly slow for any hive building based on it.  In testing, I've never seen an EC+ hatchling become a grown chaurus.  Not even close.  Keep in mind I haven't touched anything directly chaurus related in about a year, so updates to EC+ may have changed that.

29 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

and just let time pass and watch.. maybe at some point mate with dominance winners?

That part will happen with any non-EC+ chaurus that begin as chaurus (workers) or reapers.

Sorry- let me drill down a little more on one or two of my questions..

I disabled EC+ pregnancy at least  in the MCM..  (so, shouldn't have any pregnancies?).
I also used the cheat option in your MCM...
Saved..
Entered gloomreach.

I mated a few times, noticed one of the times the mating happened, its kind of like the charus pulled a egg cluster out...  (then the egg cluster disappeared)..  does that cluster come from your mod? (if so, why does it dissapear?  (dont hate me, but im using this on SSE :P)

gloomreach may not be the best hive to start with but,   im guessing your mod doesnt have a "pregnancy" aspect to it?  so growing the hive is 
Actual mating (so "sex experience")  + Implied pregnancy?  (meaning at some point new nymphs pop up as a result of the sex, its just they dont come rolling out the vagina so to speak..)

Or- sorry- feel kind of dumb and brainfarty atm, but...  

Im in gloomreach, I have your mod and requirements installed... EC is basically "off"  ...  how do i actually grow the hive (which seems to consist of alot of egg clusters and 2 generic worker chaurus?

55 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

the charus pulled a egg cluster out...  (then the egg cluster disappeared)..

That is the animation, not my mod.

55 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

im guessing your mod doesnt have a "pregnancy" aspect to it?

Not yet

56 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

EC is basically "off"  ...  how do i actually grow the hive

There isn't a direct mechanism for that yet (and likely won't be for quite a while).

I didn't chime in much on this mod until now but since my Parasites mod has a quest to allow the player to become a Chaurus Queen Hybrid, I thought I would say hi.

If there is anything I can do to make Parasites more compatible with Chaurus Life once the player has become a Queen, I would be happy to.

If you don't mind some spoilers, I have a wiki page about what the Queen transformation entails:

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/wiki/Parasites:-The-Chaurus-Queen

and another about my version of the Lore (mainly about the origin of the Chaurus and the true nature of their interaction with the Falmers):

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/wiki/Parasites:-Lore 

72850_20210126144606_1.png

TESV 2021-01-22 13-01-03.png

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

my version of the Lore

It would be a minor bonus if somehow this could fit in Chaur Tegoth somewhere along the line.

The "truths" are compatible with Things in the Dark's plotline, but could create an alternate understanding of the events taking place.

And, TitD is an enormous mod, with a chaurus-centric story, Chaurus farming, genetic manipulation, and ... essentially ... a plan to release a giant Chaurus "god" from a Dwemer-made containment. It sounds ... awfully like the same things described in the Parasites lore. Like, but not identical.

It would be great if there was a "meta-lore" that explained how this all fits together.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It would be a minor bonus if somehow this could fit in Chaur Tegoth somewhere along the line.

The "truths" are compatible with Things in the Dark's plotline, but could create an alternate understanding of the events taking place.

And, TitD is an enormous mod, with a chaurus-centric story, Chaurus farming, genetic manipulation, and ... essentially ... a plan to release a giant Chaurus "god" from a Dwemer-made containment. It sounds ... awfully like the same things described in the Parasites lore. Like, but not identical.

It would be great if there was a "meta-lore" that explained how this all fits together.

I haven't tried Things in the Dark because of the huge warning on the download page about being full of bugs.

I spend enough time troubleshooting my own mods... last thing I need is someone else's mod to troubleshoot :)

I tried and uninstalled A Forsworn Story for the same reason.

How is From The Deep by the way? Is it stable or does it still have issues?

As far as the Lore is concerned, I left plenty of room for different interpretations.

My own story is based on a difference of interpretation. Vulthuryol is supposed to be a dragon, but turns out to be the Chaurus Queen stuck between worlds after an attempt from the Dwemers to open a portal to another dimension.

Creating a giant chaurus in a dwemer containment device could follow in the same story. Someone found notes from the dwemers and decided to pick up where they left and experiment more on the chaurus.

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

about being full of bugs

It assuredly is full of bugs.

Even with the big fix that was done to it, and the fixes I did on top, it's still very buggy, and impossible without setstaging certain quests.

And I never got around to posting that "translation" of it to English as we know it.

I haven't forgotten it though. I will circle around to that.

I haven't tried FtD in a long time, so no fresh info. If I had to guess, it will be broken as usual.

In TitD, Chaur Tegoth "falls to earth" somehow. But it's not well explained by design.

Parts of CT are dispersed, weakening it. It was then contained by the Dwemer in a "temple".

You go on quests to get the missing parts of CT and make it whole again, then interfere with the containment chamber.

It gets out and ... you battle against it at the end, and end up destroyed on another planet, or you die and are reborn somehow, or both, my memory is fuzzy.

Or you stay on its side and become CT's puppet queen of Ibn, which you'd think was the obvious choice for most players who just spent about six weeks working towards that goal. Why you'd fight CT at the end is beyond me, but ... it's an option.

It's a big mod though, and has all the kinds of things parasites does. Including multiple quests to infect others with mind control parasites. A thing inserted into you. A whole guild of mutators. A quest to restore the original Falmer race. It's got a lot of threads there.

Also a job where you're a lowly chaurus herder, another where you're used for breeding. It just goes on, in every direction. One thing is that from becoming a "Pure Falmer" you are non-hostile to chaurus, and they are everywhere. It's an under-used feature in the mod.