La Mancha

[mod] [Europa Universalis IV] Cosmopolitan Universalis

On 7/20/2020 at 7:11 AM, whateverdontcare said:

That's just an EU4 thing. Pope isn't supposed to be converted to another religion. That'd be... kind of dumb

No you CAN. There are ways to do that without cheats (e.g. Papal vassal under the right conditions), and it is easy to do with console commands. SO, either localisation is broken or there are exceptions that don't let you do it because both legit and console command methods don't work. I've detected further similar issues. The ally nations that spawn for some reason have the "no religion" religion that cannot be converted with console commands either AND the provinces are considered nonconvertible. WHAT IS GOING ON!

23 hours ago, zhaliora said:

I have an issue where "Influence the (insert name) court" event keeps on spamming a few times per month and it's really putting me off. xD

And the only response is; "On second thought, work and pleasure don't mix well."

Until you get a female advisor, then it keeps spamming but you've actually got options.

But the fact that it keeps spamming up 3 times a month makes the game unplayable.

Edit: It's in one of the update packs. Removed them and it works just fine.

This issue was in estates_update_09181 which fixes a bug with my estates not having the land cleared after a certain limit, however this file also has some events in it from PU advisor affairs which are currently being worked on. 

One of your subjects must have the country flag

cosmo_start_pu_affair_event

I'm not sure how that could have happened as the diplomatic action that gives it shouldn't be available to you, but I'm uploading a new version that will fix this as well as add a decision to remove the flag if you have it in your save file (the decision is called End Advisor Affair).  If you still notice problems let me know here or on the discord.

If this doesn't fix issue I recommend you roll back to estates_update_0918 as that doesn't have any of those files (but will have the estate issue if you own 25% of all development in the world).  Do not play without the updates as there are worse issues, the mod is a work in progress so always use the latest updates and report any issues and I can fix them.  I'm easiest to contact on discord as I don't always check the loverslab thread.

As for Papal States, I am not sure what you mean by they can't be converted. If you mean that they cannot be converted by the trade policy "Propagate Religion" etc they likely have a strong resistance I didn't change anything with the Force Religion vassal command. 

I haven't heard of not being able to fix no religion via console command, the no religion sometimes occuring on some new tag spawns is due to a bug with EU4 itself introduced in 1.30.  You should be able to fix it via the console command:

change_religion TAG  (like ENG, FRA etc.)

I haven't seen that bug in testing myself, but I have heard it can corrupt savegames if you load a save with a country that has no religion.  If possible send me like an autosave file or something that occurs before this happens to you and I can see if there is anything more I can do to fix it.  But the console command should work until they fix it (and if they don't I may create an event to fix it).

If building have modifier allowed_num_of_buildings = 1. Then building can be builded in province without open slots.

Please give possibility to hire prostitutes forever. Because re-hiring... very annoying.

Event what increase center of trade level dont work because province what can have pleasure port dont have center of trade.

Some estate actions like hire prostitutes can be decisions (almost all madam estate actions can be decisions and modifier).

Forbiden palace loyalty changing by build cost... its normal?

On 8/3/2020 at 8:19 PM, odinido said:

If building have modifier allowed_num_of_buildings = 1. Then building can be builded in province without open slots.

The buildings that grant an additional building slot are ones that can import/export, or ones that have other Instant Action "buildings".  Eventually they will hit a cap, but because those buildings really take up two slots to get their full use I'm giving them the extra slot.

Event what increase center of trade level dont work because province what can have pleasure port dont have center of trade.

The port of pleasure event for high trade power provinces with a port of pleasure should give them a center of trade.  I'll fix this in the next update.

Forbiden palace loyalty changing by build cost... its normal?

Forbidden Palace is a bug I will fix it next patch

Please give possibility to hire prostitutes forever. Because re-hiring... very annoying.

I don't want to go back to having prostitutes or mistresses/consorts in a polygamous estate be hired/etc. permanently because you end up with a lot and doesn't allow for any unique feeling based on the current administration/situation of the nation you are playing.

You should only have to hire prostitutes every 50 years.  I could make an event that pops up asking if you want to extend their contract though to cut down on the clicking.

Some estate actions like hire prostitutes can be decisions (almost all madam estate actions can be decisions and modifier).

As for decisions I prefer those functions being in the estate window for now.  Many of the privileges (aside from the decision like ones like hire/visit for ruler) also have conditional modifiers and are meant to stay active for that reason so it is really the best place for them for now I think.  The ones like decisions could be moved to a decision easily but having them all in the same place seems less confusing to me, don't you think?

I also actually like how using privileges forces you to make choices since you are limited to 4 privileges but the privileges to Entertain Troops, Entertain Sailors, Entertain Dignitary, Entertain Merchants, Train Spy and Brothels Tax each take up a slot (and once you have 4 you can't use the free privileges).  You have to have equal loyalty/influence to disable them, so you have to commit to a combination for a time  (or use + loyalty privileges).

I also already have too many active decisions and need to cut them down, and way too many country modifiers that I also need to cut down (but for now I'm making a separate menu where you can track the ones added like for advisor affairs, as well as track other stuff that is hard to remember such as the location your prostitutes are actively stationed).  I originally had most stuff in decisions but unless I run into a problem with estates I like their new features and plan to keep working mostly in them for a lot of the content though it is possible some stuff could be combined or maybe a decision added for some stuff to make it easier  to use in the future.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier I don't always check the thread unless I'm posting an update as it is not very active usually, if you need immediate help with a current game try reaching me on discord I usually respond much sooner there. 

Thank you for the feedback, let me know if you run into any other problems or run into confusing/awkward/cumbersome stuff in the mod.

Give building slot to Instant Action "buildings". Because like i said, buildings with allowed_num_of_buildings = 1 can be builded any time no mater have province open slot or dont.

9 hours ago, La Mancha said:

I don't want to go back to having prostitutes or mistresses/consorts in a polygamous estate be hired/etc. permanently because you end up with a lot and doesn't allow for any unique feeling based on the current administration/situation of the nation you are playing.

Then you must recall this mod have event what spawn prostitutes and for what time they spawn.

9 hours ago, La Mancha said:

The port of pleasure event for high trade power provinces with a port of pleasure should give them a center of trade.  I'll fix this in the next update.

If i remember CT always fixed and cant be spawned.

PU can be converted to overlord religion with event like "mark PU".

42 minutes ago, odinido said:

Give building slot to Instant Action "buildings". Because like i said, buildings with allowed_num_of_buildings = 1 can be builded any time no mater have province open slot or dont.

Then you must recall this mod have event what spawn prostitutes and for what time they spawn.

I see what you mean.  I'll play around with it and make sure it works in all instances and isn't confusing for people, right now though the buildings themselves give the +1 (as well as mistress/polygamous home province modifiers and prostitute modifiers) so in the end it should be the same.  I'd stripped instant actions of modifiers because it confused some people (they are/should be immediately deleted, but I'll try adding it  back for them and see if that is simpler).

If i remember CT always fixed and cant be spawned.

No they definitely can, I have them in other events, and I already have that fixed for the next update (likely tonight), also requiring prostitute trade goods (so you must also promote prostitution in the province), and maybe increasing the required trade power if it is owned by a trade company (since their trade power is generally so much higher and it was originally balanced with Caribbean provinces in mind.

PU can be converted to overlord religion with event like "mark PU".

I don't want PU's necessarily to be converted to overlord religion automatically,  If you would like to convert them to your religion you can "Strengthen Union" which gives them additional subject abilities, and one of those should be force religion.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest changes etc. You can always stop by discord too.
https://discord.gg/sHhCJ9k