[mod] [Europa Universalis IV] Cosmopolitan Universalis

On 7/20/2020 at 7:11 AM, whateverdontcare said:

That's just an EU4 thing. Pope isn't supposed to be converted to another religion. That'd be... kind of dumb

No you CAN. There are ways to do that without cheats (e.g. Papal vassal under the right conditions), and it is easy to do with console commands. SO, either localisation is broken or there are exceptions that don't let you do it because both legit and console command methods don't work. I've detected further similar issues. The ally nations that spawn for some reason have the "no religion" religion that cannot be converted with console commands either AND the provinces are considered nonconvertible. WHAT IS GOING ON!

23 hours ago, zhaliora said:

I have an issue where "Influence the (insert name) court" event keeps on spamming a few times per month and it's really putting me off. xD

And the only response is; "On second thought, work and pleasure don't mix well."

Until you get a female advisor, then it keeps spamming but you've actually got options.

But the fact that it keeps spamming up 3 times a month makes the game unplayable.

Edit: It's in one of the update packs. Removed them and it works just fine.

This issue was in estates_update_09181 which fixes a bug with my estates not having the land cleared after a certain limit, however this file also has some events in it from PU advisor affairs which are currently being worked on. 

One of your subjects must have the country flag

cosmo_start_pu_affair_event

I'm not sure how that could have happened as the diplomatic action that gives it shouldn't be available to you, but I'm uploading a new version that will fix this as well as add a decision to remove the flag if you have it in your save file (the decision is called End Advisor Affair).  If you still notice problems let me know here or on the discord.

If this doesn't fix issue I recommend you roll back to estates_update_0918 as that doesn't have any of those files (but will have the estate issue if you own 25% of all development in the world).  Do not play without the updates as there are worse issues, the mod is a work in progress so always use the latest updates and report any issues and I can fix them.  I'm easiest to contact on discord as I don't always check the loverslab thread.

As for Papal States, I am not sure what you mean by they can't be converted. If you mean that they cannot be converted by the trade policy "Propagate Religion" etc they likely have a strong resistance I didn't change anything with the Force Religion vassal command. 

I haven't heard of not being able to fix no religion via console command, the no religion sometimes occuring on some new tag spawns is due to a bug with EU4 itself introduced in 1.30.  You should be able to fix it via the console command:

change_religion TAG  (like ENG, FRA etc.)

I haven't seen that bug in testing myself, but I have heard it can corrupt savegames if you load a save with a country that has no religion.  If possible send me like an autosave file or something that occurs before this happens to you and I can see if there is anything more I can do to fix it.  But the console command should work until they fix it (and if they don't I may create an event to fix it).

If building have modifier allowed_num_of_buildings = 1. Then building can be builded in province without open slots.

Please give possibility to hire prostitutes forever. Because re-hiring... very annoying.

Event what increase center of trade level dont work because province what can have pleasure port dont have center of trade.

Some estate actions like hire prostitutes can be decisions (almost all madam estate actions can be decisions and modifier).

Forbiden palace loyalty changing by build cost... its normal?

On 8/3/2020 at 8:19 PM, odinido said:

If building have modifier allowed_num_of_buildings = 1. Then building can be builded in province without open slots.

The buildings that grant an additional building slot are ones that can import/export, or ones that have other Instant Action "buildings".  Eventually they will hit a cap, but because those buildings really take up two slots to get their full use I'm giving them the extra slot.

Event what increase center of trade level dont work because province what can have pleasure port dont have center of trade.

The port of pleasure event for high trade power provinces with a port of pleasure should give them a center of trade.  I'll fix this in the next update.

Forbiden palace loyalty changing by build cost... its normal?

Forbidden Palace is a bug I will fix it next patch

Please give possibility to hire prostitutes forever. Because re-hiring... very annoying.

I don't want to go back to having prostitutes or mistresses/consorts in a polygamous estate be hired/etc. permanently because you end up with a lot and doesn't allow for any unique feeling based on the current administration/situation of the nation you are playing.

You should only have to hire prostitutes every 50 years.  I could make an event that pops up asking if you want to extend their contract though to cut down on the clicking.

Some estate actions like hire prostitutes can be decisions (almost all madam estate actions can be decisions and modifier).

As for decisions I prefer those functions being in the estate window for now.  Many of the privileges (aside from the decision like ones like hire/visit for ruler) also have conditional modifiers and are meant to stay active for that reason so it is really the best place for them for now I think.  The ones like decisions could be moved to a decision easily but having them all in the same place seems less confusing to me, don't you think?

I also actually like how using privileges forces you to make choices since you are limited to 4 privileges but the privileges to Entertain Troops, Entertain Sailors, Entertain Dignitary, Entertain Merchants, Train Spy and Brothels Tax each take up a slot (and once you have 4 you can't use the free privileges).  You have to have equal loyalty/influence to disable them, so you have to commit to a combination for a time  (or use + loyalty privileges).

I also already have too many active decisions and need to cut them down, and way too many country modifiers that I also need to cut down (but for now I'm making a separate menu where you can track the ones added like for advisor affairs, as well as track other stuff that is hard to remember such as the location your prostitutes are actively stationed).  I originally had most stuff in decisions but unless I run into a problem with estates I like their new features and plan to keep working mostly in them for a lot of the content though it is possible some stuff could be combined or maybe a decision added for some stuff to make it easier  to use in the future.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier I don't always check the thread unless I'm posting an update as it is not very active usually, if you need immediate help with a current game try reaching me on discord I usually respond much sooner there. 

Thank you for the feedback, let me know if you run into any other problems or run into confusing/awkward/cumbersome stuff in the mod.

Give building slot to Instant Action "buildings". Because like i said, buildings with allowed_num_of_buildings = 1 can be builded any time no mater have province open slot or dont.

9 hours ago, La Mancha said:

I don't want to go back to having prostitutes or mistresses/consorts in a polygamous estate be hired/etc. permanently because you end up with a lot and doesn't allow for any unique feeling based on the current administration/situation of the nation you are playing.

Then you must recall this mod have event what spawn prostitutes and for what time they spawn.

9 hours ago, La Mancha said:

The port of pleasure event for high trade power provinces with a port of pleasure should give them a center of trade.  I'll fix this in the next update.

If i remember CT always fixed and cant be spawned.

PU can be converted to overlord religion with event like "mark PU".

42 minutes ago, odinido said:

Give building slot to Instant Action "buildings". Because like i said, buildings with allowed_num_of_buildings = 1 can be builded any time no mater have province open slot or dont.

Then you must recall this mod have event what spawn prostitutes and for what time they spawn.

I see what you mean.  I'll play around with it and make sure it works in all instances and isn't confusing for people, right now though the buildings themselves give the +1 (as well as mistress/polygamous home province modifiers and prostitute modifiers) so in the end it should be the same.  I'd stripped instant actions of modifiers because it confused some people (they are/should be immediately deleted, but I'll try adding it  back for them and see if that is simpler).

If i remember CT always fixed and cant be spawned.

No they definitely can, I have them in other events, and I already have that fixed for the next update (likely tonight), also requiring prostitute trade goods (so you must also promote prostitution in the province), and maybe increasing the required trade power if it is owned by a trade company (since their trade power is generally so much higher and it was originally balanced with Caribbean provinces in mind.

PU can be converted to overlord religion with event like "mark PU".

I don't want PU's necessarily to be converted to overlord religion automatically,  If you would like to convert them to your religion you can "Strengthen Union" which gives them additional subject abilities, and one of those should be force religion.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest changes etc. You can always stop by discord too.
https://discord.gg/sHhCJ9k

• 5 weeks later...

So, I'm pretty sure your mod breaks something in japan, trying your mod with Ashikaga, national decisions window refuses to scroll. Interestingly, quick testing with Uesugi start, it seems to work fine. I first noticed this on my heavy modded game, but testing by disabling all other mods and adding some copies of woman in council decisions (because otherwise there just isn't enough decisions to need a scroll otherwise), the problem still persists.

Additionally, in my heavily modded session, i noticed that Shinto incident events would sometime fire multiple times, like end of neo confusion fired 3 times without it ending. but I'm not sure if it was from this mod because I didn't really have time to test it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 7:02 PM, Uvigz said:

So, I'm pretty sure your mod breaks something in japan, trying your mod with Ashikaga, national decisions window refuses to scroll. Interestingly, quick testing with Uesugi start, it seems to work fine. I first noticed this on my heavy modded game, but testing by disabling all other mods and adding some copies of woman in council decisions (because otherwise there just isn't enough decisions to need a scroll otherwise), the problem still persists.

Additionally, in my heavily modded session, i noticed that Shinto incident events would sometime fire multiple times, like end of neo confusion fired 3 times without it ending. but I'm not sure if it was from this mod because I didn't really have time to test it.

Sorry I don't check this thread often unless I am posting an update.  You can always get my attention on the discord quicker though if you run into something game breaking like that.  I can try to fix it for you so you don't have to abandon a save.

For the decision since it happened with Ashikaga and not with any of the others it was probably related to the Form PU for your subjects decisions that I have.  Maybe because you were Japanese and already had it for yourself (it works fine for others), I've changed that so it is not available for Japanese culture players any longer (since they can form Japan on their own).

The Shinto events could be related to isolationism, it's possible I might have something that can change that but they are vanilla events (unless they were from your other mods) that should apply flags when they are fired preventing them from firing again at least for a period of time unless you start the chain over again.  So I'm not really sure what in my mod could cause that.  If you notice it happening again though let me know and if you can send a save file (here or on discord) so I can take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

You might have already posted on discord I can help you there.

If not, just make sure you download all the files (both the .zips and the .z01 etc. parted files).  You extract from the .zip file and that will give you the mod files.  The files are too large otherwise to upload here so they had to be broken into parts like that.  If you are still running into problem and can get on discord that would be the best way to help, but if not you can post screenshots of the error/download folder here and I could try to walk you through it.

I know it's weird because parted .zip files are very rare these days, but loverslab seems to like .zip more than .rar (at least when I've uploaded them) and they should work as long as you have all of them.  I just tested them again and I don't touch the original files when I do updates (so once you get it working you'll only need to download the updates themselves after that).

• 1 month later...

If you mean in order to build the slave market building.  You can build a Slave Market in provinces with a center of trade even if they don't have the slave trade good.  There are however additional restrictions on Muslim nations building them in Muslim provinces, and on European Christians building them in Europe.

Sorry I don't check the thread often, if this didn't answer your question you can always go on the discord too where I usually respond quicker.

2 hours ago, La Mancha said:

If you mean in order to build the slave market building.  You can build a Slave Market in provinces with a center of trade even if they don't have the slave trade good.  There are however additional restrictions on Muslim nations building them in Muslim provinces, and on European Christians building them in Europe.

Sorry I don't check the thread often, if this didn't answer your question you can always go on the discord too where I usually respond quicker.

actually that answers my question, thanks a lot

• 2 months later...

This might be  a total noob comment, but I am new to this game .... not to paradox as i have stellaris, CK2, CK3 etc... and I'm not a noob to the mod game, but as I understand this mod install... you need the main files and then the updates correct? not the Z1, Z2 files right? or do i have to download everything in the files section and then have the updates overwrite the main files? but keep the Z1, Z2 files as well.... IDK it looks like a sweet mod for this game and I am just trying to get it to work is all, thanks for understanding my stupidity but its just a bit confusing is all, I get the file limit and size thing also so no need to explain that.... just need to know if i'm downloading everything in the basket or just the main files and the update files is all... 

On 2/8/2021 at 6:01 PM, razorcs8 said:

This might be  a total noob comment, but I am new to this game .... not to paradox as i have stellaris, CK2, CK3 etc... and I'm not a noob to the mod game, but as I understand this mod install... you need the main files and then the updates correct? not the Z1, Z2 files right? or do i have to download everything in the files section and then have the updates overwrite the main files? but keep the Z1, Z2 files as well.... IDK it looks like a sweet mod for this game and I am just trying to get it to work is all, thanks for understanding my stupidity but its just a bit confusing is all, I get the file limit and size thing also so no need to explain that.... just need to know if i'm downloading everything in the basket or just the main files and the update files is all... 

The .zip part files contain the base files (files you need, but don't need to update) and are mostly pictures.  These pictures are the bulk of the mod's size so in order to not require them to be downloaded every time the mod is updated they are combined into larger files (files too large to upload onto loverslab so they are broken into parts). 

(these ones)

Spoiler

image.png.0d5cc6b779d444474affecded5450374.png

You download all of these files only the first time, and then extract them.  This will give you the actual .mod and .zip files.

these ones

Spoiler

image.png.90fd93adf888c4d4ee1e5edc9a977452.png

These are the actual files used by the mod.  You can delete the .z01, .z02 etc. files if you want to once you have all the gfx files.  The three script files (which also contain some newer pictures) are cosmopolitan_main.zip , cosmopolitan_estates.zip, and cosmopolitan_buildings.zip .  These files are regularly updated in the numbered updates at the bottom of the download list.

Download all files including all file parts.

Unzip the 3 script mods as well as their gfx mods from those parts, place these .mod and .zip files into your local mod folder. 

Then update it with whatever the latest numbered update is and overwrite those files contained in the update.

Always overwrite with the latest numbered updates at the bottom of the download list (the only files you need to download when updating), they should be save game compatible and the mod is still a work in progress updated almost every week so it is worth checking before you play it if it has been updated already that week.

Spoiler

image.png.fd687b41d7197ea4f984c3ea52cdacba.png

• 1 month later...

Hello, i'm not new in paradox game's mods but i just can't make it work. I tried to instal it some different ways extracting all zip files, extracting only first zip, then i tried to do it exactly how you wrote, but anyhow it didn't work, it allway telling me that "the path in this mod's discriptor file invalid or doesn't exist", so i tried to find this discriptor file but it doesn't exist in any archive. Well english is not my native languege, so may be i just do not undestand some detales or just do not notice them. I realy would like to try this mod. So can somebody please help me?

So usually the message "the path in this mod's descriptor file is invalid or doesn't exist" is because the .zip file is not found in the mod folder.  My .mod files and .zip files are identically named.  So just make sure you have a .zip file with the same name as every .mod file.

Spoiler

image.png.90fd93adf888c4d4ee1e5edc9a977452.png

The .mod file (which in this case is the descriptor file) has a path to the .zip file (you can open the .mod file in any text editor).

If you are just missing the .zip in the mod folder (if your mod folder does not have the files in the picture) then make sure you unzip it from the download files (using the directions in the post above unziping from cosmomain, cosmoestates, and cosmobuildings.zip in a folder with all the numbered part files)

If your mod folder does look like above, then you could try a few things.  Test another local mod to see if the launcher can find it, or even create your own .mod file (by copying mine and renaming it something else, or use the mod tools in the launcher to generate one then under the path point it to the proper .zip).

If you still can't see any local mods, and only see steam mods then the launcher is no longer reading your local folder.  Sometimes a reinstall can fix this, but you might also try the Paradoxos mod manager.

https://github.com/ThibautSF/ParadoxosModManager

Many people have issues with the new Paradox Launcher (mine works fine with local and steam mods both, but the mod tools button crashes).  If none of these fixes your issue feel free to always join the discord on the download page and I or someone can try to walk you through any of this when we are online, or you can look up launcher problems and read some of the other fixes people used.

Once you can get it all loaded, make sure you also download the lastest updates in the mod's download list (it won't work properly without them, and they are save game compatible so always download new updates as the mod is a work in progress).

• 1 month later...

Looking at it, I don't see any issue with the file.

The only important thing is to make sure the path is correct still if you have copy/pasted the info from another one or made your own .mod file (which works for some people if their launcher isn't reading it):

It should be:

archive="mod/cosmopolitan_main_gfx_3.zip"

Otherwise you will be missing pictures.  Let me know here or on the discord if you run into any other issues, the launcher isn't great at reading local .mod files sometimes and seems to give some people pretty random problems.  If you find events missing pictures or anything (the GFX files only have pictures so they shouldn't need to be updated) then it is possible it is just not reading it correctly.  Some people have to use the mod manager at that point if it stops reading the folder correctly altogether but lots of people have had that issue and the discord is full of solutions to it if you get to that point.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are downloading for the first time, you will need the GFX files as well.

cosmopolitan_gfx_files.zip and its parts should contain those .mod files.

Spoiler

image.png.10dcdd65ea45b30d5694a71f78fd5c9d.png

Added a mega link as well to the file page which has a single large file (.rar) which you can unpack that has everything included, which might be easier for first time users who don't want to download all the parted files.

Make sure you also have TGE (the great exhibition on steam) installed as well.

If you run into any other issues let me know, or post on the discord.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 8:40 PM, reaper2014 said:

The Mega link isn't working. Which files do I need to download, and how do I extract the ".z01" type files?

ALL OF THEM.
You don't have to manually extract z.01 type file.
It's just one archive split into several part.
when you extract the base one, it will extract all the other with .z01.

I think there is a working mega link on the discord.

Edited by doan77
  • 1 month later...

Hello, 

firstly thanks for the huge works done here ! So I got issues with parts of the mod (the mod is working but not all of it). Some pics unders to illustrate the issue (game is it french, but issues are in english, so you should see the issue nonetheless), I have the "Missing Localisation" message for pretty much every decisions. I can still have the chain of decision and even the final bonus but I have no idea of what I am clicking on ? 

It's not really an issue, but buldings are named with underscore, still work but not the most convenient

If anyone have a suggestion for this issue. 

Spoiler

image.png.5150331096f4a96a0731c68b1452e478.png

image.png.4ab22c1a9aa9fe157af66596e3001bd0.png

image.png.83aade25004a3908d91e0cc99e55be35.png

image.png.84c487f6912745ed1c2bcb8270f0c822.png

Note : I have "the path in this mod's descriptor file is invalid or doesn't exist" for the Cosmopolitan Buildings; Estates and Main mods. From advice on the discord I now use the alternative paradox mod manager. The only other mods that I use, are Ero's loading screens from loverslab and the Great Exhibition suggested for the Cosmopolitan mod.

Spoiler

image.png.ea2cfca38af5131b5e0dfb490e0b48f5.png

image.png.a0128d8ddb3f586476d6439bc3cef8d1.png

Thanks in advance

Edited by haewyr
adding informations