Flashy (JoeR)

[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

17 hours ago, KT78 said:

Hi there :) First off, thank you for the mod and the creativity that comes with it and that it allows in the game.

I have a question though.. How do I initiate any contact with someone just because? I have an all AAF/RSE2 set of mods, and they seem to work fine when I force it to (I can create a scene using the 'home' key, pick actors, location, etc), but I can't do things like flirt/invite someone into a situation through dialogue. I had looked around and found an AAF Sex'em'up mod, but that has it's own surrender functions and appears to have interfered with the RSE2 functions. What am I missing?

-edit-

Honestly I'm thoroughly confused. I can't get anyone to talk to me at all now. Just period. Sturges, random township NPC's that I need to turn quests in to, etc.

I can hit 'talk' all day long and nobody responds. wtf?

Scrapped that savegame and started a new one. I can interact with people now so yay the game isn't broken, but I still have no means to initiate anything. CSA works fine, but I can't just walk up to someone and go 'HEY YOU! DTF?` if for some reason that was something I wanted to do.

22 minutes ago, KT78 said:

Scrapped that savegame and started a new one. I can interact with people now so yay the game isn't broken, but I still have no means to initiate anything. CSA works fine, but I can't just walk up to someone and go 'HEY YOU! DTF?` if for some reason that was something I wanted to do.

CSA doesn't have a "Hey let's knock boots" function built into it. You're two best mod options to achieve this would be either MCG (this mod has a LOT of different functions and may be a larger mod than what you're looking for) or AAF Sex Em' Up (this mod mostly does two things: lets you ask people if they want to have sex or ask if they want to pay to have sex)

So, trying out this mod, and I am running into an issue. 

After an assault and I have had 30 seconds to run away, I can not heal. 

No water, 

No food, 

No stim paks, 

No resting... 

None of them will restore health. They will consume the item, play the animation, advance the time... just not restore health....

any idea where to look for issue?

4 hours ago, nitemares said:

So, trying out this mod, and I am running into an issue. 

After an assault and I have had 30 seconds to run away, I can not heal. 

No water, 

No food, 

No stim paks, 

No resting... 

None of them will restore health. They will consume the item, play the animation, advance the time... just not restore health....

any idea where to look for issue?

I had this bug too, but with "Violate" mod. The only way to solve it, as far  as I know, are 2. Either you can reload, or you have some sex.

11 minutes ago, Verasmile2 said:

I had this bug too, but with "Violate" mod. The only way to solve it, as far  as I know, are 2. Either you can reload, or you have some sex.

Violate makes the player invulnerable from the start of surrender until the enemy stops being pacified.  A side effect of invulnerability is that healing doesn't work.  So basically you just have to wait a few seconds.  I suspect CSA does the same thing.

53 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Violate makes the player invulnerable from the start of surrender until the enemy stops being pacified.  A side effect of invulnerability is that healing doesn't work.  So basically you just have to wait a few seconds.  I suspect CSA does the same thing.

Through 24 hours in game, resting each time for 8 hours?

I tired using stim packs and health during this 24 hour in game time too... nadda.

This wasn't a case of panic spamming the "heal" button because I was in combat. This was a measured and careful test. Which as now progressed PAST rebooting! (Meaning the save with the CSA event STILL won't heal. After I have cloased down the game and restarted. 

It has also stayed past the CSA being disabled.... So I am counting that playthrough as "dead"

1 hour ago, Verasmile2 said:

sadly, not for me...

the save with the CSA event still won't heal after a reboot, nor after the mod as been disabled..... 

So.... Dead playthrough. 

Thank god only 40 minutes in. 

25 minutes ago, nitemares said:

sadly, not for me...

the save with the CSA event still won't heal after a reboot, nor after the mod as been disabled..... 

So.... Dead playthrough. 

Thank god only 40 minutes in. 

Have you tried to die in that save? Maybe after that it makes you heal

16 minutes ago, Verasmile2 said:

Have you tried to die in that save? Maybe after that it makes you heal

nope. 

And, no point. I can no longer get fallout 4 to even load... time to nuke it all and start over. Again. 

3 hours ago, nitemares said:

Through 24 hours in game, resting each time for 8 hours?

I tired using stim packs and health during this 24 hour in game time too... nadda.

No that sounds like you've run into some kind of bug.  Like I said, with Violate you remain invulnerable for the duration of the pacification timer which is adjustable in MCM.  I did it that way so that if you are released because someone attacks your aggressors -- for example a patrol of Super Mutants starts attacking the Raiders that are having their way with you -- it will give you time to run away.  Otherwise you're just standing there naked and probably at low health and pretty much just die.  You can disable the feature (it's called "God Mode" in Violate's MCM) but I don't recommend it.

CSA has the same feature, and I'm pretty sure it works the same way, but it also should wear off after several seconds.  So if it's not wearing off something caused CSA not to properly end the event.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

No that sounds like you've run into some kind of bug.  Like I said, with Violate you remain invulnerable for the duration of the pacification timer which is adjustable in MCM.  I did it that way so that if you are released because someone attacks your aggressors -- for example a patrol of Super Mutants starts attacking the Raiders that are having their way with you -- it will give you time to run away.  Otherwise you're just standing there naked and probably at low health and pretty much just die.  You can disable the feature (it's called "God Mode" in Violate's MCM) but I don't recommend it.

CSA has the same feature, and I'm pretty sure it works the same way, but it also should wear off after several seconds.  So if it's not wearing off something caused CSA not to properly end the event.

Yea, That's what I figured. 

I knew there was a timer (was one of the first things I checked)... It was set to 30 seconds.... but after 5 minutes and no healing ability? Very odd. Especially when everythig else was working. (I could draw my weapon, change outfits, etc...).. Then after resting.. well... :(

And now FO4 won't even load today... so time to start over.... Such is the life of a modded gamer.

I think part of my issue is I do run a fairly script heavy load out with Sim Settlements Conquerer installed. (that mod has stuff always running int he background for plot improvements, attacks on settlements, etc...) So throwing in CSA, which is also script heavy was bound to overload the engine eventually...  

So I'm using this with CAP, and during my first kidnapping, my PC ended her time and was "beaten and left somewhere". Upon spawning there, it cleared the kidnapping quest, then suddenly, rekidnapped my PC. Any idea why that might be happening? I've reloaded several times and still getting that same thing.