[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

Just now, Ravecreator said:

Well, then i hope you will add DD support as far as possible.

I did not have any big issues using DD. Neither in your releases, nor in Ego's Violate.

Except for some minor things like restraints dont "remember" they are blocked by a locking shield after unsuccessful lockpicking and so on.

Maybe create two versions like you did before.

PS: Can't await a redux of your Needs Mod. It's one of my all time favs and present in all my installations :)

No no... supporting multiple versions is a headache I no longer wish to undergo. I have an idea that may just work, with just one supported version. I will test it out in the coming days - Im fairly certain it will work too, just by adding an API for DD ooutcomes to run, via a different quest script, that won't even start if DD is not installed - that would effectively remove DD as a hard dependency. I'll circle back once I know if this is possible / working.

As for Advanced Needs, it will be the next mod to be updated to RSE II spec, once I am done with this one. Mind you, the current Advanced Mod should would just fine right now anyway, but yeah, a newer version that uses the Resources ESM will be coming.

17 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

No no... supporting multiple versions is a headache I no longer wish to undergo. I have an idea that may just work, with just one supported version. I will test it out in the coming days - Im fairly certain it will work too, just by adding an API for DD ooutcomes to run, via a different quest script, that won't even start if DD is not installed - that would effectively remove DD as a hard dependency. I'll circle back once I know if this is possible / working.

As for Advanced Needs, it will be the next mod to be updated to RSE II spec, once I am done with this one. Mind you, the current Advanced Mod should would just fine right now anyway, but yeah, a newer version that uses the Resources ESM will be coming.

That sounds great.

And yes, RSE AN works without any hickups.

Cheers :)

2 minutes ago, Ravecreator said:

That sounds great.

And yes, RSE AN works without any hickups.

Cheers :)

Okay, so here's the update.

I added all of the scripting and all of the forms into the mod that I will need to make this work - from a purely scripting perspective, it looks to my eye that it will work and it doesnt create a dependency for people to actually have DD installed.

That said, for those that do have DD installed, they will also need Roggvir's DD Items Manager installed as well. I'll post this update tonight after work - sadly don't have the time at the moment, having run out of time working on the code for this update, lol.

v1.0 is now available for download!

Adds Devious Devices support back into the mod.

If you do NOT have devious devices installed, that is okay! You can still use this mod ~ there are NO dependencies on DD at all, unless you HAVE DD installed.

You will also need Roggvir's DD Items Manager installed if you wish to use DD.

Two new controls in the MCM - enable DD and DD chances - these are ONLY applicable if the mod knows DD is installed in your game.

Basically, if you get knocked out by your rapists, you will have a chance to be slapped in a devious device.

Let me know how it works (I dont use DD, so cannot test it - but its the same code from RSE, so will work).

Don't reload! Use the CSA reset hotkey instead to unlock yourself and reset combat. And legendary enemies make no difference. The mod can't detect that difference at all. 

12 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Im not touching DD this time around - its just too buggy and really needs an update - and thats not just a personal opinion, this one has a vocal majority in some circles.

And anyways - DD just makes things unstable - unusable - messy to code for, properly. When an updated version comes out, I'll gladly revisit this.

@Flashy (JoeR)You are right and I dont see an update upcoming at all.  The mod author seems busy with skyrim and fallout 4 is not a priority. 

Have you seen Real Handcuffs?  I have tried it and works well for me on my character. 

Man, this mods are gonna be SICK. Especially love the bondage idea, it will fit so nicely with bounty hunters and stalkers when they are ready. Thank you for your work.
Here are some problems that I found:
1) My character becomes invincible after surrender scene sometimes. I need to restart a game to fix it (reset hotkey doesn't work).
2) When I turn Preferred Hostile Gender option ON, if I surrender to different gender enemy, I just get this message: "No viable rapists: proceeding to outcomes." and then "You have 10 seconds to get away."
3) Surrender doesn't work with power armor.

1. I'll look into ensuring God mode is removed after everyone pacifies. Thanks for pointing this out.

2. If there are no applicable gender enemies, then sexual assault won't happen and it should go straight to outcomes. I'll double check this as well, but from what you've said, it's working as intended.

3. Enemies in power amor never surrender. Hard coded it that way. I mean, if you were wrapped in steel, would you surrender? But if you're talking about the player not surrendering, that's something I'll need to look into.

Thank you for the feedback!

17 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

1. I'll look into ensuring God mode is removed after everyone pacifies. Thanks for pointing this out.

2. If there are no applicable gender enemies, then sexual assault won't happen and it should go straight to outcomes. I'll double check this as well, but from what you've said, it's working as intended.

3. Enemies in power amor never surrender. Hard coded it that way. I mean, if you were wrapped in steel, would you surrender? But if you're talking about the player not surrendering, that's something I'll need to look into.

Thank you for the feedback!

2. Not just sexual assault, but dialogue itself. It just goes straight to get away phase after surrender animation.

3. I meant player in power armor.

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

@Flashy (JoeR) if you want feedback about advanced needa "as is", I can give it too you.  PM if you want to take offline. 

John

6 minutes ago, alexsoar said:

By the way, the god mode not only makes me immortal, but often gives me endless ammo.

That's what God mode does.

Upcoming developments:

1. Bug fix noted issues.

2. Add support for Real Handcuffs.

3. Add support for Raider Pet as a CSA outcome.

@Flashy (JoeR)

Just tested Version 1.0

Surrendering works good so far. What i noticed:

1. Had it once, that the captor stood at my side and the dialog did not start. Only the babbling from the captor, but not the dialog. As said, happened once.

2. DD's are applied after the scene. Alse here i had it once, that the weapon i was using stayed in my hands and i wasn't able to put it away. My char's stance was the combat ready one, just with DD's applied. Weird error.

3. Some sliders (like the one for health treshold dissappear inside the MCM after setting a treshhold, then leave the MCM and enter MCM again. Switching the option to off and on again makes the slider visible again. That error is persistant.

A little wish: Please make the DD keys being robbed after a scene (only the keys, not the rest of inventory)

I will add to the list if i find something.

Cheers

Can someone post some installation instructions I literal have no idea how to install this mod or it just doesn't work and the lack of any description or instructions on the mod's page is just frustrating. I don't know what load order to use, what all the mod's requirements are or what this mod even suppose to do or how it suppose to work. Literal for I know it installed correctly but I'm not using it right.

3 minutes ago, DCPDDP said:

Can someone post some installation instructions I literal have no idea how to install this mod or it just doesn't work and the lack of any description or instructions on the mod's page is just frustrating. I don't know what load order to use, what all the mod's requirements are or what this mod even suppose to do or how it suppose to work. Literal for I know it installed correctly but I'm not using it right.

You're correct. There should be install instructions.

That said, installing this mod is as simple as adding it via your mod manager of choice. Load order is irrelevant, as there are no form edits in this mod. 

If it is not working, answer these questions.

1. Does AAF work with animations for you in other mods? AAF is required and has its own install and troubleshooting steps in its own support thread.

2. Do you have the RSE Resources ESM installed as the download page says s required? Is your version of this ESM v0.4?

3. Can you access the MCM and see the mods options? If not, mcm is either not installed, as required, or your f4se is not installed properly.

4 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

You're correct. There should be install instructions.

That said, installing this mod is as simple as adding it via your mod manager of choice. Load order is irrelevant, as there are no form edits in this mod. 

If it is not working, answer these questions.

1. Does AAF work with animations for you in other mods? AAF is required and has its own install and troubleshooting steps in its own support thread.

2. Do you have the RSE Resources ESM installed as the download page says s required? Is your version of this ESM v0.4?

3. Can you access the MCM and see the mods options? If not, mcm is either not installed, as required, or your f4se is not installed properly.

I've honestly never used AFF before so couldn't tell you if it working right and even than the mod has zero installation instruction I got two files from the page, one installed fine the other file didn't. And from what I read from a user of the mod (not the mod owner) I shouldn't need this file but than again zero actual instruction from the modder on weather I need it or not.

I do have ESM installed IDK if it 0.4 the mod page says 0.3 the file 0.4. So from the file I have 0.4 from the page 0.3.

I can use the MCM but the only option that actual saves when I change it is my surrender option and choose of hotkey. If i try and change anything else when I close the MCM and reopen it the option appears to of revert back to it default setting without my input.

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Upcoming developments:

1. Bug fix noted issues.

2. Add support for Real Handcuffs.

3. Add support for Raider Pet as a CSA outcome.

?

Hype! I hope to install it tonight and help you with some report on the surrender system.

Do you think it would be possible, in the future, to integrate it with Fatal End? As a result of insulting the abductor, as a result of failing an attempt to persuade dialogue, or simply as a raider's amusement. 

25 minutes ago, JBpy said:

?

Hype! I hope to install it tonight and help you with some report on the surrender system.

Do you think it would be possible, in the future, to integrate it with Fatal End? As a result of insulting the abductor, as a result of failing an attempt to persuade dialogue, or simply as a raider's amusement. 

This mod already has its own fatal outcomes built into it and they are in process of being expanded. Unless you are talking about the Bad End bondage stuff, which I don't need to tie into, as the bondage stuff is built into RSE II. Either way, there are outcomes other than sexual assault in this mod.

8 hours ago, crowfield said:

2. Not just sexual assault, but dialogue itself. It just goes straight to get away phase after surrender animation.

3. I meant player in power armor.

Im going to look into all bug reports tonight - that is my goal today - squash the little fuckers.

7 hours ago, alexsoar said:

By the way, the god mode not only makes me immortal, but often gives me endless ammo.

I've added this issue to the whiteboard.

5 hours ago, Ravecreator said:

@Flashy (JoeR)

Just tested Version 1.0

Surrendering works good so far. What i noticed:

1. Had it once, that the captor stood at my side and the dialog did not start. Only the babbling from the captor, but not the dialog. As said, happened once.

2. DD's are applied after the scene. Alse here i had it once, that the weapon i was using stayed in my hands and i wasn't able to put it away. My char's stance was the combat ready one, just with DD's applied. Weird error.

3. Some sliders (like the one for health treshold dissappear inside the MCM after setting a treshhold, then leave the MCM and enter MCM again. Switching the option to off and on again makes the slider visible again. That error is persistant.

A little wish: Please make the DD keys being robbed after a scene (only the keys, not the rest of inventory)

I will add to the list if i find something.

Cheers

1. I think this is again a function of the combat state not removing - I'll add some redundant code to force combat state away.

2a. DDs are always applied after sexual assault because sexual assault with them is wonky at best.

2b. I will add "unequip equipped weapon" code and remove combat state before applied.

3. Ive heard that from a few people and Im not sure what causes it - I will look at it, but the MCM is a separate plugin and Im not sure I can fix it.

4. I dont use DD, so tell me please, how many different keys are there? Or is it a one-key-unlocks-all kind of thing (which would be easiest to accomodate).