[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

8 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I only mentioned brothels as you'd talked about the solicitation approaches hanging up.

Personally, I think there is a lot of fluctuation going on in the AAF eco-sphere at the moment, with new patch thing and updates and new themes, etc. Observationally, these sorts of things people see are when updating to these newer and not yet fully tested updates and patches, whereas, on my stable b78 build of AAF, I never encounter any issues that other people see. I suppose it could be installing these new builds on existing saves and it causing dirty elements in the save file, but I have no way to know. All I can speak to with certainty is that my dev build of FO4, with AAF b78 never fails and everything I script out works flawlessly.

For what that is worth...

Ok well, CSE and Brothels are working again now after removing both, cleaning my save and re-installing. On one hand im happy of course, but it's always disconcerting when something doesn't work, then does and you don't know why. BTW im only using the b90 version of AAF as it seemed like a good idea to get the latest version. I was on b81 previously when the issues showed up. My experience with Oldrim taught me that having the latest version of a mod is usually a good idea. Anyway, thanks for the assistance. I'll keep my fingers crossed for now that everything keeps on working. ?

One thing I've noticed about CSA when Bicycle Mode is enabled:  The player will not undress sometimes after the 1st round.  It seems that the player redresses after each round which seems odd.  What I've notices that happens is:

Player undresses

After round 1 player redresses

Player is dressed for round 2

Player is undress for round 3

In other word the player is dressed during sex every other round.

Doesn't always happen but does happen the majority of the time

Anyone else experienced this?

Maybe best to just keep the player undressed for the entire assault.

1 hour ago, goosetrip said:

One thing I've noticed about CSA when Bicycle Mode is enabled:  The player will not undress sometimes after the 1st round.  It seems that the player redresses after each round which seems odd.  What I've notices that happens is:

Player undresses

After round 1 player redresses

Player is dressed for round 2

Player is undress for round 3

In other word the player is dressed during sex every other round.

Doesn't always happen but does happen the majority of the time

Anyone else experienced this?

Maybe best to just keep the player undressed for the entire assault.

this I think is more a AAF problem then CSA. Basically I think the undressing of the NPC is handled by AAF all CSA dose is tells AAF to start Scene and what type of animation to use. You mite have a lot of scripts running at the time of the CSA event that is casing this intermittent problem. ?

Heya guys.

Got a bit of a problem with CSA. When I got defeated in combat, my character surrenders, the enemy comes to me, and I can click on the conversation. But after that, both characters, mine, and the enemy, just stay there, staring at each other, doing nothing. No animation occurs, and the only way out is the reset button. It happens with every race, be it humanoid or not.

Ive got every animation pack installed, inlcuding the themes for AAF, which, seems to work perfectly with other mods, calling animations and that.

What did I do wrong? What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance guys!

8 minutes ago, mrkick said:

Heya guys.

Got a bit of a problem with CSA. When I got defeated in combat, my character surrenders, the enemy comes to me, and I can click on the conversation. But after that, both characters, mine, and the enemy, just stay there, staring at each other, doing nothing. No animation occurs, and the only way out is the reset button. It happens with every race, be it humanoid or not.

Ive got every animation pack installed, inlcuding the themes for AAF, which, seems to work perfectly with other mods, calling animations and that.

What did I do wrong? What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance guys!

I think it would be best to try it in a new save. Your character is of a non-human race? Do you use Vortex or MO2? You may want to put CSA among the last ones.

1 hour ago, JBpy said:

I think it would be best to try it in a new save. Your character is of a non-human race? Do you use Vortex or MO2? You may want to put CSA among the last ones.

My character is human, nothing special. I use vortex, and, yeah, im gonna try modifying load order. I saw in my AAF ADMIN, that I get some warning 008, any ideas?

Thx again!

38 minutes ago, mrkick said:

My character is human, nothing special. I use vortex, and, yeah, im gonna try modifying load order. I saw in my AAF ADMIN, that I get some warning 008, any ideas?

Thx again!

I think error 08 has something to do with morpsets. you could of missed something when installing.

On 7/20/2019 at 8:09 PM, MrCruelJohn said:

I downloaded just so I can vote and endorse you brother! (and for over 600 downloads now, it is moving really good!)

John

Well, Im #9 out of this week's top 10 as of this moment, so thats something... which is two spots away from Front Page - just need 16 more endorsements (or 1 more endorsement than that fucking Vault 111 texture overhaul mod - serious, how the fuck does an overhaul of vault 111's textures beat a game changing mod, especially when you see vault 111 for what? 10 minutes only? #FML) :)

image.png.e9c54c6bfea65b098d6805e74b6014be.png

3 hours ago, mashup47 said:

this I think is more a AAF problem then CSA. Basically I think the undressing of the NPC is handled by AAF all CSA dose is tells AAF to start Scene and what type of animation to use. You mite have a lot of scripts running at the time of the CSA event that is casing this intermittent problem. ?

Thanks.  I'll look at it.

4 minutes ago, goosetrip said:

Thanks.  I'll look at it.

Yeah, to confirm what was said, no RSE II mod causes undressing aside from going to the bathroom in Advanced Needs, and of course, when you have all of your items stolen during Abductions here in this mod.

All stripping otherwise is completely the domain of AAF. What is likely happening is that the player is not redressing fast enough before being sent back into AAF for the next round and it causes everything to muck up.

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Well, Im #9 out of this week's top 10 as of this moment, so thats something... which is two spots away from Front Page - just need 16 more endorsements (or 1 more endorsement than that fucking Vault 111 texture overhaul mod - serious, how the fuck does an overhaul of vault 111's textures beat a game changing mod, especially when you see vault 111 for what? 10 minutes only? #FML) :)

image.png.e9c54c6bfea65b098d6805e74b6014be.png

It's not you.  Its them. 

Love affairs are like that brother.

** Edit ** I misread your comment, didn't realize stealthy takedowns is your mod. Downloaded and will endorse once able. 

1. I feel like, because of the amazingness of this mod, it is taking longer to trigger. Anyone else notice this?

2. I tend to roll fairly charismatic characters. I do this because I feel my female PC (I almost always play a female) is stunningly gorgeous, so she would have higher charisma. I've noticed that because of this, if I want, I can easily convince raiders to left me go. Most of the time, I just play as if the bribery and let go options aren't even there. That being said, what if... and I don't know if anyone would like this idea or if its possible, while higher charisma helps you in most situations, when facing Surrender and Abduction, it actually works against you. Higher charisma equals less likely to get out of things. Low charisma, the PC would be considered "ugly" and therefore less appealing. Just a thought. If no one else liked the idea, then it isn't worth it.

Updated to the newest version, I'll let you know. I've been running this with Warlike, and it has made my playthroughs just absolutely insane, intense, and a lot of fun. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Another sort of unrelated question... but there's no where else to ask. Does RSE Karma still work well with these? It's the only RSE original mod I'm still using. Wasn't sure if the naked aspect of Karma would interfere with CSA or anything. Was considering disabling Karma as I feel like everything else has sort of evolved past that with all of these new and improved versions out there

14 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

2. I tend to roll fairly charismatic characters. I do this because I feel my female PC (I almost always play a female) is stunningly gorgeous, so she would have higher charisma. I've noticed that because of this, if I want, I can easily convince raiders to left me go. Most of the time, I just play as if the bribery and let go options aren't even there. That being said, what if... and I don't know if anyone would like this idea or if its possible, while higher charisma helps you in most situations, when facing Surrender and Abduction, it actually works against you. Higher charisma equals less likely to get out of things. Low charisma, the PC would be considered "ugly" and therefore less appealing. Just a thought. If no one else liked the idea, then it isn't worth it.

This is something that has crossed my mind as well, being as I also tend to make very charismatic characters and there is no challenge to the speech checks for such a character. I never brought it up because I honestly don't know that I have a good solution. I'd certainly give your idea a try, perhaps it could be a toggle within MCM. Only possible issue I might have with it is more of an RP/Immersion thing: Charisma isn't just about how good looking your character is, its also about their personality. Its possible for a person to be very unattractive but still able to charm the socks off you, they just use their words rather than their looks.

7 minutes ago, Number24 said:

This is something that has crossed my mind as well, being as I also tend to make very charismatic characters and there is no challenge to the speech checks for such a character. I never brought it up because I honestly don't know that I have a good solution. I'd certainly give your idea a try, perhaps it could be a toggle within MCM. Only possible issue I might have with it is more of an RP/Immersion thing: Charisma isn't just about how good looking your character is, its also about their personality. Its possible for a person to be very unattractive but still able to charm the socks off you, they just use their words rather than their looks.

I agree. I didn't mean it was all about looks... just stating why I use high charisma to begin with. I get that we could always play a ugly mofo who's just a smooth talker... but beauty helps and it is more of a RP/Immersion aspect.

39 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

** Edit ** I misread your comment, didn't realize stealthy takedowns is your mod. Downloaded and will endorse once able. 

1. I feel like, because of the amazingness of this mod, it is taking longer to trigger. Anyone else notice this?

Updated to the newest version, I'll let you know. I've been running this with Warlike, and it has made my playthroughs just absolutely insane, intense, and a lot of fun. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Ha, the same thing happens to me, I've saved myself many times with high charisma. You have the mod "Get Dirty" and then you have an "add-on". The latter is very important. The dirtier the protagonist is, the less charisma she has. I also noticed that all the charisma goes down if you get a disease in "Wastelander Rash".

7 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

I agree. I didn't mean it was all about looks... just stating why I use high charisma to begin with. I get that we could always play a ugly mofo who's just a smooth talker... but beauty helps and it is more of a RP/Immersion aspect.

This almost smells like a flashy karma mod brewing. Haha... real karma.  Reputation precedes you. Honest, better relations, maybe a charisma buff.  Murder stat high, dubious and deceitful,  charisma debuff.  Killing too high for a certain race, become a choice toy for that race if you get caught. A hero?  Special weapon of Flasy legendary flavor. Exempt from robbery and the dreaded chest.  Adds good buffs...

Etc etc.  

Start me up let's one choose a path with certain qualities. what if karma and reputation selected what "roll" you get.  Flashy rewrites your specials and perks for your assigned and deserved role... one you have earned through your actions - good or bad.  Makes you a medical doctor type helping others, a dirty scrounge, a thief, a hero class, a scoundrel class, etc... and even while in that role, new reputation and actions can move you up or down the social class.

And honestly, a bimbo would think raiders are stupid and can charm them into letting her go?  Nah, they would see right through the deceit and keep her for awhile.  A circuit of having the "prized bitch of the commonwealth"  ... showing her off.   Troop morale booster.  I am still waiting for a glory hole event... think the new purgatory... "for rent"....

Eh, this isnt the forum, but whatever to help flashy with his juices...

16 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Yeah, to confirm what was said, no RSE II mod causes undressing aside from going to the bathroom in Advanced Needs, and of course, when you have all of your items stolen during Abductions here in this mod.

All stripping otherwise is completely the domain of AAF. What is likely happening is that the player is not redressing fast enough before being sent back into AAF for the next round and it causes everything to muck up.

Setting the AAF "reequip_delay" below 10 seconds fixes this. Keep in mind, the more actors involved in the scene, the location, number of items each actor has and the load on your system, will effect the actual time to "complete" the reequip function. Meaning that even if set to 5, it may take 8 seconds or so to complete.

I've noticed that "for me" the reequip has to complete at least 2 seconds before the next fade to black.

Working well so far,  although there are some kinks where I have to reset surrender multiple times before anything happens.  Though I suspect that's could be because I'm testing this out on a real fucked up save that already has Violate, Sim Settlements, and an older version of pack attack before I use it on a brand new one with the newest version of pack attack and without violate and SS.

Two things though that I'm not sure are caused by fucked up scripts. 

1:  Piper has yet to get teleported or abducted with me even though I have all the settings for companion abduction on and at 100%.  Real Handcuff integration isn't working either. On and at 100% but no cuffs. Again that may be due to said fucked up save, but I've had no issues on the real handcuff front with Violate. I've also thought it could potentially be a conflict with Everyone's best friend, but I doubt since EBF is compatible with pretty much everything and shouldn't affect something like this.

2: Multiple times now have the abductions sent me to places where two factions are warring.  Abducted by raiders who are duking it out with gunners,  gunners kill raider boss,  raiders immediately treat me as hostile and if I surrender the raiders do the recapture dialogue then just stand there. 

@Stncold - All I can say with any certainty is that my mods are super complex and script heavy. Throwing them into dirty saves with conflicting mod-types isn't a good plan. Especially with SS in the mix, which a lot of people cite as causing massive script lag when combined with my mods. I'll admit, I didn't make my mods friendly to other people's script heavy words and Sim Settlements is always one of those mods cited as being in the mix that likely causes issues.

All I can suggest is getting a new game going, cleanest save possible and then see if you still have the same issues. Its unavoidable that at times you may encounter dialogue hickups where they simply dont approach or talk to you - this is why the reset is there, as you know. Too many moving parts and sometimes, the stars just happen to align in a way that makes the game and my mod work at odds to one another...

On 7/23/2019 at 8:54 AM, izzyknows said:

Setting the AAF "reequip_delay" below 10 seconds fixes this. Keep in mind, the more actors involved in the scene, the location, number of items each actor has and the load on your system, will effect the actual time to "complete" the reequip function. Meaning that even if set to 5, it may take 8 seconds or so to complete.

I've noticed that "for me" the reequip has to complete at least 2 seconds before the next fade to black.

Thanks!  I set the delay to 5 seconds and that fixed it.  Cheers!

Okay, I've read 12 pages of this so far, and haven't found it, I'm not sure I can go through another 18 pages, so I'm just gonna ask... I'm having an issue with surrendering where it doesn't let females initiate assault options with my female character.  I've thus far been able to test assaults from a male raider, where I'm both the aggressor and the victim, and it works. Preffered gender is off. I've got Atomic Lust, and Lietos animations, both of which- AFAIK- have F/F animations in them.

When it occurs, the game doesn't appear to be aware that the assault scene isn't playing if I'm the aggressor, but if I'm the victim, it simply says something along the lines of "CSA failed to pull an AAF animation, restarting" then pops up another message saying something like "CSA is resetting, you have ten seconds to escape"

any idea what I'm missing? Or how to trouble shoot it to figure out what's messed up?

35 minutes ago, Kramer42 said:

Okay, I've read 12 pages of this so far, and haven't found it, I'm not sure I can go through another 18 pages, so I'm just gonna ask... I'm having an issue with surrendering where it doesn't let females initiate assault options with my female character.  I've thus far been able to test assaults from a male raider, where I'm both the aggressor and the victim, and it works. Preffered gender is off. I've got Atomic Lust, and Lietos animations, both of which- AFAIK- have F/F animations in them.

When it occurs, the game doesn't appear to be aware that the assault scene isn't playing if I'm the aggressor, but if I'm the victim, it simply says something along the lines of "CSA failed to pull an AAF animation, restarting" then pops up another message saying something like "CSA is resetting, you have ten seconds to escape"

any idea what I'm missing? Or how to trouble shoot it to figure out what's messed up?

Look in your Papyrus.0.log for this entry: "CSA: AAF Start Error". It will tell you the error code that AAF provided as a reason for the failure. And then once you have that error code, the AAF people in the support thread or on the Discord server will be able to tell you what it means. But what you are seeing is coded into this mod to provide an exit from a stuck CSA when there is an AAF error reported onSceneInit or onAnimationStart - which is to say, its not CSA that is in error, its something in AAF and/or based on the scene settings I have passed across, in that maybe you are missing some tags perhaps?

20 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Look in your Papyrus.0.log for this entry: "CSA: AAF Start Error". It will tell you the error code that AAF provided as a reason for the failure. And then once you have that error code, the AAF people in the support thread or on the Discord server will be able to tell you what it means. But what you are seeing is coded into this mod to provide an exit from a stuck CSA when there is an AAF error reported onSceneInit or onAnimationStart - which is to say, its not CSA that is in error, its something in AAF and/or based on the scene settings I have passed across, in that maybe you are missing some tags perhaps?

Thanks for the reply! I'll check that out.