[AAF] RSE II: Random Shenanigans (01/10/20)

5 hours ago, GoldenRain said:

@Flashy (JoeR) Any chance AAF stats and/or aaf sex stats system will ever be integrated into this mod? They're frameworks that don't do anything on their own.  I just love the idea that my PC's daily lust meter hits a certain thresh hold and she just has to fuck with the closet non hostile NPC or if alone decides that now is probably a good time to go for a solo.  Long missions don't leave a lot of time for banging.

This mod isn't about the player though, so adding stats into it would be pointless. This is about NPC/NPC interactions.

The sexual frustration you are talking about is already part of Advanced Needs, which is the mod I will port to RSE II spec after I finalize the CSA mod - I'll revisit the stats thing at that point.

Alright, i'm having a weird experience with this mod.

A clean install on a new game doesn't work. It says shenanigans is running and the quest marker is added, but nothing happens even when the timer is set to 30, the chances are 100% and the distance is 5000. The ignore detection settings are also on.

Now for the odd part:

The ONLY time this seems to work for me is if i load an old unmodded save inside the castle, and when it does work it only works once right after the mods are installed then never again. constantly loading this specific save gives consistent results of this working only once.

Really not sure what could be causing this. I would suspect mod conflicts, but considering it still works under specific conditions, i'm not sure if that's the case.

(I do have the fp community patch dll)

Edit: I continued playing on this save and realized the mod works once per load/respawn, but won't start again until I load/respawn again

8 hours ago, _Luxen_Matori_ said:

Alright, i'm having a weird experience with this mod.

A clean install on a new game doesn't work. It says shenanigans is running and the quest marker is added, but nothing happens even when the timer is set to 30, the chances are 100% and the distance is 5000. The ignore detection settings are also on.

Now for the odd part:

The ONLY time this seems to work for me is if i load an old unmodded save inside the castle, and when it does work it only works once right after the mods are installed then never again. constantly loading this specific save gives consistent results of this working only once.

Really not sure what could be causing this. I would suspect mod conflicts, but considering it still works under specific conditions, i'm not sure if that's the case.

(I do have the fp community patch dll)

Edit: I continued playing on this save and realized the mod works once per load/respawn, but won't start again until I load/respawn again

Have you tried leaving the area by teleporting away and then come back into the cell to see if that works. Also Why do you have FP community patch installed? as that is for Fourplay and is not required for RSE II or AAF (this could be your problem).

1 hour ago, mashup47 said:

Have you tried leaving the area by teleporting away and then come back into the cell to see if that works. Also Why do you have FP community patch installed? as that is for Fourplay and is not required for RSE II or AAF (this could be your problem).

Neither fast traveling nor walking away work.

With some testing I got it to work on a new save, but it still requires loading a save each time I want it to run.

I mean the f4se fourplay plugin, not the one for fourplay itself. I have no fourplay related mods.

10 minutes ago, _Luxen_Matori_ said:

With some testing I got it to work on a new save, but it still requires loading a save each time I want it to run.

I mean the f4se fourplay plugin, not the one for fourplay itself. I have no fourplay related mods.

How many NPCs are in the area when it works?

Because RSE II has a cooldown timer, meaning once two NPCs shag, they get added to a temporary blocking mechanism. So if youre testing it with only two NPCs in the range, this is why it doesnt happen again - its waiting for their default cooldown to expire. Perhaps I need to add a toggle into the MCM to allow/disallow adding NPCs to this cooldown timer for those that want NPCs to fuck non-stop.

But if you are in a settlement with more than, say, 4 NPCs and it only works the one time, well, something else could be going on relating to the scan timer. I'll look into the code again, so if there is some stop-gap element in there. And add in the toggle as well...

And for the record, the LLFP f4se plugin is installed by default when you install AAF, so...

v1.4 Now Available

MANDATORY UPDATE!!!

I have validated the scan timer code - there are no gap areas that would prevent it from starting, but... there was a typo on the TimerID it was looking for. So, long story short, it was a my-bad situation for some of the scan timer restart functions. This has been fixed in this version (v1.4).

I've also added the aforementioned new MCM control that allows you to block sending NPCs to the Cooldown Timer (remember, the cooldown timer is part of RSE II's Resources.esm and it's MCM has a slider that controls how long an NPC stays in cooldown).

Default state of this new MCM control for Shenanigans is set to ON, which means ADD them to cooldown. But if you disable this, NPCs will be able to re-enter shenanigans as soon as they are done with one.

21 minutes ago, _Luxen_Matori_ said:

Are you using AAF 73 or 78?
There are definite gathering issues with 78.

1 hour ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Gathering and black screens where I have to leave the game.  Yes I have about every position available so it is not blank.  Never had this till 78.

Nothing I can do about that sadly. Has anyone brought this up in the AAF support thread or the Discord server?

58 minutes ago, _Luxen_Matori_ said:

You're a hero! the update fixed my issue.

One thing to note: it seems trying to use AAF to cancel an animation started by shenanigans before it starts causes the marker to stay on npcs heads. It also seems to stop the scan timer.

Nothing I can do to avoid that (re: marker sticking). But stopping the animation shouldnt cancel the timer from restarting simply because the timer restarts the minute the sex animation starts and is independent of it ending. What is probably happening is the RSEII_MOD_RS_Alias quest is stuck in a running state because the END event is not being picked up from AAF and as such, when it is currently running, no new animations can start between NPCs.

So if you end an animation with a key, which we'll simply classify as user error, you'll need to complete and reset the quest in the console:

completequest RSEII_Mod_RS_Marker

resetquest RSEII_Mod_RS_Marker

Above resolution is resolved with the v1.6 update.

EDIT: I do not have an answer as to why using the END ANIMATION hotkey doesnt send an OnSceneEnd event from AAF, although I think in your case, as you said, cancelling it before it starts, is the reason. If AAF hasn't actually started an animation event, it stands to reason that it may not send out an animation end event either.

UPDATED! v1.6 Now Available!

The v1.5 update that was uploaded about 30 minutes ago, was removed as it was missing something required for the reset function to work.

This update adds a tool to the MCM that allows you to force Shenanigans quests to completed state and restarts the scan timer. Use this sparingly and only IF you are convinced it is not working, based off your experiences with the mod.

When you trigger the tool, you will see a message box that says Shenanigans is resetting and once it has, you'll see another that says it has reset. Its that simple.

Note that any ongoing shenanigans dialogues will be aborted when you use this tool. Ongoing animations will be unaffected.

ScreenShot342.png.33af8c6b130a57570db3eada2491ad6d.png

ScreenShot343.png.0515cbfc271620f7c47ec54655d5293a.pngScreenShot344.png.8524307bfd1bc69f66579a4f2d0c1770.png

Thanks for v1.6 which made it finally working for me.

Many thanks for the reset knob!

Reporting an issue that haunts me though:
When actors are chosen and scene is preparing (quest marker appears, scene not yet playing) and THEN one actor gets drawn away (i.e. enters combat, settlement under attack and so on), Shenanigans will get stuck infintely.
When combat ends, quest marker simply stays on NPC, but scene will never play. Looks like NPC is resuming normal schedule and has forgotten that he/she could have some fun, blocking any further action by this mod.

Hitting 'reset' makes all work instantly again, so thanks for adding that button ;) Which I have to hit very often in my combat heavy setup....

There seems no timeout for aborting scenes when they are not able to play. And if there is one, it seems not to be working for me. Don't know if this a problem of RSE or AAF though...

[Edit]:

For easiest reproducing/testing:

- go to smaller settlement like Red Rocket , filled with settlers

- set difficulty to very hard (to make battles longer)

- install some mod that affects NPC detection range like Arbitration or Advanced AI Tweaks to increase chance of getting NPCs into combat

- install some spawning mod like Warlike, Endless War or War of the Commonwealth, which brings your settlements under contant attack

This combination keeps settlers in frequent and long lasting battles and triggers issue quite fast.

Keep up good work!

One thing I noticed this weekend was in the AAF wizard, I had multiple scenes listed in addition to the primary one my player character was involved in ... MCG.  These did not disappear with time. 

What I noticed was that they were saying "exiting"  seemingly stuck and a pack operator group of 3 was stuck at " gathering"....

This may have tied up the queue where the gathering times during MCG and others were having extremely long gathering periods for my PC.

Not sure if this what you are referencing above but from my AAF wizard it looks like shenanigans is getting stuck in AAF?

Just sharing...

John

yep reading through these last few posts seems to sum up my in game experience as well.  For some reason AFF takes a long time gathering actors, and if anything happens during the gathering process, the whole thing gets stuffed up and stops working.  And by a long time I mean 5 - 10 mins sometimes, long enough that I get bored waiting to see if "those two" are ever going to actually get around to doing something "interesting" and move on. lol  I noticed that when I "End" the scene the npcs go back to their normal behaviors (following me, or pulling carrots etc.) but no more shenanigins (ugh im sure I typoed that) get set up / play out, until I reload.

I've also got a few other bugs to sort out, so I know im not running a 100% good to go install (unable to move camera from first person view to see myself in scenes being the most annoying)  At the moment im just trying to get a feel of whats happening to everyone and whats just stuffed up on my end l ; p

I have a small request for this mod. First thanks for the 'reset' function, it works great. I have noticed it is needed only when an animation is playing and I change cells (fast traveling). Would it be possible to automatically cancel an animation or reset Shenanigans when fast traveling if an animation is currently playing.

This mod has left me with a psychological scar I shall never be rid of. 

I had just run off the drug pushers trying to collect from a sweet lady over her son's debt at the Drumlin Diner.  She thanked me and I sold her my loot from the drug pushers.  I shot them in the back when they were scurrying off.  All was good to go, she told me her and her son would get along now and she seemed in good spirits.

As I went to leave, though, it happened.  I learned why the young man had a drug problem...

His mother came from behind the counter, approached him, then quickly stripped him of his clothes and forced him to take her from behind against the wall of the diner.  This sweet lady was taking advantage of her son!  I was so disturbed, I found myself rushing to the young man's defense and quickly put a 10mm round through his mother's head.  Alas, he must have been suffering from stockholm syndrome as he turned against me for killing his abuser.

I have sense begun to be much more wary of the wastelands inhabitants and always keep my finger on my trigger.

(Thanks for this mod! The above actually completely changed how I planned to play my character.  She ended up joining the Brotherhood and didn't blink at enforcing my desires on the various inhabitants of the wasteland.  I had planned for this character to be the Minutemen General and being an all around good girl.  She ended up much more cynical all thanks to this one, random, interaction.)

4 hours ago, SAC said:

Hi! Is there any way to add a quest marker pointing to the shenanigans location? Sometimes they get lost somewhere and I cannot find them :) 

Should be a misc. quest called Shenanigans in your data section of your Pip Boy.   Activate the quest and it will pop a quest marker when shenanigans starts up near you.

22 minutes ago, BlueBoxAssociation said:

Should be a misc. quest called Shenanigans in your data section of your Pip Boy.   Activate the quest and it will pop a quest marker when shenanigans starts up near you.

Yes, and sometimes it doesn't put a marker for you to find.

50 minutes ago, BlueBoxAssociation said:

Thanks a lot, will try that, I was not aware of the quest

• 2 weeks later...

Mod works great with all my aaf mods, sex em up, aaf violate, Rse ii combat surrender, fpe enhanced,  all updated versions, 0 issues with aaf78. 

The only problem I'm having with your mod is that my dismissed companions including dog meat and Nora companion are having sex with the settlers in sanctuary and its pissing me off lol i gotta watch her like a hawk. They're not being blocked via the off option in the mcm random shenanigans menu. Anyone else having the same issues? I also have the rse updated esm.

v1.7 Now Available

Corrects the RefAlias fills to ensure companions can or cannot be selected as targets, depending on MCM setting.

16 minutes ago, destrukt_ix said:

Mod works great with all my aaf mods, sex em up, aaf violate, Rse ii combat surrender, fpe enhanced,  all updated versions, 0 issues with aaf78. 

The only problem I'm having with your mod is that my dismissed companions and Nora companion are having sex with the settlers in sanctuary and its pissing me off lol i gotta watch her like a hawk. They're not being blocked via the off option in the mcm random shenanigans menu. Anyone else having the same issues? I also have the rse updated esm.

Just overwrite the existing files and fire up your game. You should be good to go - no script changes were made, so no need to worry about special installation.