bearlyAlive

[mod] [Abandoned] [Rimworld] Genital support patch for Lost Forest

4 hours ago, Ed86 said:

maybe, you can probably also unpatch it with other mod

i personally found LF annoying af, spamming sound effects and stuff, idk why would anyone play with it

To be fair, I find the sound effects pretty annoying as well but the pets do have some cool abilities.

Also, would you happen to have an example of this type of code laying somewhere? I'd be more than happy to try to compile a permanent patch for the folks who want it that acts as a separate local mod.

45 minutes ago, Some_Maj said:

To be fair, I find the sound effects pretty annoying as well but the pets do have some cool abilities.

Also, would you happen to have an example of this type of code laying somewhere? I'd be more than happy to try to compile a permanent patch for the folks who want it that acts as a separate local mod.

That patch exists, and I give it out via PM request.

1 hour ago, Some_Maj said:

this removes all harmony patches of LF, sort of last resort

imo its better to make local copy of LF and use dnspy to remove "n" from LF assembly

LostForestRimworldReEnabler.7z

On 6/15/2020 at 11:29 AM, Ed86 said:

this removes all harmony patches of LF, sort of last resort

imo its better to make local copy of LF and use dnspy to remove "n" from LF assembly

LostForestRimworldReEnabler.7z 1.8 MB · 31 downloads

So it appears that the author of Lost Forest made a counter to this, as well. Apparently, having this installed displays a message saying Lost Forest will never be compatible with mature content and then spawns a manhunter pack.

19 minutes ago, Ronnie21093 said:

So it appears that the author of Lost Forest made a counter to this, as well. Apparently, having this installed displays a message saying Lost Forest will never be compatible with mature content and then spawns a manhunter pack.

Yep, IGNI completely broke RJW compatibility. The patch I've given out so far no longer works.

So you can either learn to edit the part of the code that blocks RJW with dnSpy yourself or just move one from LF.

At this point, no need to force patch their mod, they dont want it and actively wanna block it and evry other attempt of it then why even bother. At this point i feel like making an alternative race mod siilar to it would be better than deal with the douche author, we're free to do that at least anyways. Why feed them any more attention when they disable comments, make restrictive patches n have to keep checking this forum for the patches anyways? Other race mods exists as well and we dont need prepare carefully or this mod since other mods can do the same or similar stuff, and there's duplicate mods for same race n even foods etc that conflict so making a similar mod wont be same, and since it's not open source then any of the implementation would be different than theirs and Wine for Linux exists on same principle so no legal issues as well.

14 hours ago, arnabbiswas said:

At this point, no need to force patch their mod, they dont want it and actively wanna block it and evry other attempt of it then why even bother. At this point i feel like making an alternative race mod siilar to it would be better than deal with the douche author, we're free to do that at least anyways. Why feed them any more attention when they disable comments, make restrictive patches n have to keep checking this forum for the patches anyways? Other race mods exists as well and we dont need prepare carefully or this mod since other mods can do the same or similar stuff, and there's duplicate mods for same race n even foods etc that conflict so making a similar mod wont be same, and since it's not open source then any of the implementation would be different than theirs and Wine for Linux exists on same principle so no legal issues as well.

dont give up sen-pie!

I personally haven't played Rimworld in ages and thought of coming back but then when I was checking updates for my mods, I saw this entire debacle.

I must admit it's saddens me to see the author of the original mod going up so far to the extent to try to block RJW, I can't see the justification in it even though I like the original mod quite a bit. :( 

13 minutes ago, GuiltySweets said:

So does this patch work with current LF? since its not being updated anymore?

The gender balancing patch does still work. But since LF doesn't work with rimjobworld anymore, it has become pointless.

12 hours ago, bearlyAlive said:

The gender balancing patch does still work. But since LF doesn't work with rimjobworld anymore, it has become pointless.

Wasn't the patch by Ed86 meant to make LF work with RJW again? The author of LF hasn't updated his mod since June 21st, so that patch should still work, I believe?

27 minutes ago, Ronnie21093 said:

Wasn't the patch by Ed86 meant to make LF work with RJW again? The author of LF hasn't updated his mod since June 21st, so that patch should still work, I believe?

Maybe, I haven't tried ED86's mod, I just removed the block myself with dnSpy.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:21 AM, bearlyAlive said:

I just removed the block myself with dnSpy.

I just got done doing this with the latest version of LF... and boy did he have a hard-on for keeping this mod out.

I also turned the Unique Spawn Check method into a always true operation.. and now my game runs faster.

Also after updating and doing this my game doesn't crash when I quit to desktop....

Remember everyone, LF doesn't contain RJW specific "MALICIOUS CODE" /s

A bit off topic, and this may be the fault of the decompiler, but man is this code spaghetti.

I haven't looked at the LF code too much, just what I needed to enable RJW.

But I'm currently working on his other mod and either the de-compiler really messed up, or there's some shit quality code here.

Greetings, i attempted to do this on my own but I must be blind...
Successfully removed the code that Some_Maj posted a while back but instead of being named "n", it was named "p" and saved the mod locally. Is there anything else i should be looking out for?
I've been going back and forth on the code for a few days but the Survivor quests just don't want to spawn.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, Thebananaman5 said:

Greetings, i attempted to do this on my own but I must be blind...
Successfully removed the code that Some_Maj posted a while back but instead of being named "n", it was named "p" and saved the mod locally. Is there anything else i should be looking out for?
I've been going back and forth on the code for a few days but the Survivor quests just don't want to spawn.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

That's not entirely accurate anymore, besides the harmony patch there's also another block deeper in the code if you're using the latest version.
But if you scroll up, Ed86 posted the modified dll, that should make it run.

20 hours ago, bearlyAlive said:

That's not entirely accurate anymore, besides the harmony patch there's also another block deeper in the code if you're using the latest version.
But if you scroll up, Ed86 posted the modified dll, that should make it run.

Thank you kindly, giving it a go!

Does Ed version come with the already patched genital support? Or do I have to take it as well?

8 hours ago, Elgate said:

Does Ed version come with the already patched genital support? Or do I have to take it as well?

The genital support is seperate, although if you already have race support you don't need it anymore

The author of the mod of the "Lost Forest" IGNI, must really have "Abrasive" & "Very Neurotic" trait for certain.

Author: "Bandits attack! What do?"

Everyone: "We fight! We knock them all out! Win!"

Author: "And then?"

Everyone: "We capture them and make them healthy again!"

Author: "And then you release them..."

Everyone: "No! We make them wives and slaves." 

Author: (#`д´)ノ "NO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! BECAUSE I SAY SO!"

Author: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ) "I hate you all so much! REEEEE!"

p.s. Someone really mess up the author... "Foxia" is originally Korean.

It's Kuhimo a.k.a. SCP-953 │ Metamorphic │ Polymorphic Humanoid │ Keter 😔

Ey, I've been gone for a bit.

Ed, you're a meme. ♥️

So I was out of the loop for quite a bit. Seems IGNI got the mod delisted by moderators for violating the EULA or something and people have been going on a little comment war regarding "ethics" in rimworld, basically.

I need a bigger cup of coffee to sip from.