[AAF] RSE II: 프레임워크 리소스 ESM(01/10/20)

2 hours ago, Sloots_R_Us said:

Finally getting into modding(playing with mods) FO4 after deciding to put down Skyrim after so long. Good luck with your work! I saw this mod mentioned on Nexus and from what I've read here, it sounds interesting.

Welcome to Fallout/RSE?!?! But you should know... this mod, the Resources ESM, it does nothing on its own. Its the baseline of a framework of functions and cross-mod variables, quite literally a "bridging mod" and nothing more.

At the moment there are two mods that use the framework.

RSE II Random Shenanigans, which is complete.

RSE II Combat Surrender and Abductions, which is about 50% complete (Abductions are not yet reintroduced in the mod yet).

Coming after CSA, I will port my custom Survival Mode from RSE I spec to RSE II spec.

More will follow after that.

Karma is a measure of moral and immoral action, in essence, yes.

But the Resources ESM only has a mechanism in it to share a karmic value across any and all mods that tie into that variable system. No mods at this time do, even though it is there to be used. I may add it into CSA and/or Shenanigans shortly. Once I figure out the best way to do it, in a way that allows the player to turn it on or off.

5 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Karma is a measure of moral and immoral action, in essence, yes.

But the Resources ESM only has a mechanism in it to share a karmic value across any and all mods that tie into that variable system. No mods at this time do, even though it is there to be used. I may add it into CSA and/or Shenanigans shortly. Once I figure out the best way to do it, in a way that allows the player to turn it on or off.

Thank you, so eg +10 negative karma for killing innocent people would be reasonable? Or what values do you intend to use?

I wonder what happens regarding RSE II mods if one of the NPCs/followers is of custom mod added race? I don't mind them being excluded from all the fun, it is actually preferable in my case, I'm just worried if it would break some scripts and get me stuck in some action somehow?

@Flashy (JoeR)

I think you made a mistake when packing the file RSE_II_Resources_ESM (v0.5).zip - the sound folder is named incorrectly as "Sounds" instead of "Sound".
(the singular "Sound" is the default/vanilla folder name for sounds, and indeed all the sounds in your ESM are referenced using path to "Sound", not to "Sounds", so i gues you made a typo when naming that folder)

On 6/17/2019 at 6:25 AM, Roggvir said:

@Flashy (JoeR)

I think you made a mistake when packing the file RSE_II_Resources_ESM (v0.5).zip - the sound folder is named incorrectly as "Sounds" instead of "Sound".
(the singular "Sound" is the default/vanilla folder name for sounds, and indeed all the sounds in your ESM are referenced using path to "Sound", not to "Sounds", so i gues you made a typo when naming that folder)

I have fixed it and uploaded 0.5b with that correction. No other changes to the ESM. Thanks mate!

On 6/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, Lilimorphine said:

I wonder what happens regarding RSE II mods if one of the NPCs/followers is of custom mod added race? I don't mind them being excluded from all the fun, it is actually preferable in my case, I'm just worried if it would break some scripts and get me stuck in some action somehow?

If your player character doesn't match whatever race restrictions are in place for any mod, whether it is one of mine or anyone elses, they won't get stuck in scripted functions or otherwise, simply because they dont match the criteria. The two major players in making adult mods are quite saavy when it comes to granularity in their coding - being myself and EgoBallistic - and for the most part, you can be assured that such concerns aren't worth the energy wasted in worrying about it. :)

On 6/14/2019 at 5:17 AM, Olafson said:

Thank you, so eg +10 negative karma for killing innocent people would be reasonable? Or what values do you intend to use?

I don't do anything with this system yet in any of the newer mods, so there is nothing to report at this time. But I will say this, if I do ever make another karma based mod, I will likely give the player the control, via MCM sliders, over what certain actions will incur in point values. Makes it easier to tailor the system to your preferred character build. So, if you play an evil character, killing someone might not be so bad a thing to you, whereas being generous, giving help to someone, might be a completely out of character thing to do and thus, you could tailor that action to have a higher value.

Thats how I would do it.

Update:

I am currently reworking Wastelander's Rash for RSEII, to try to get back into the modding frame of mind, since I have a long weekend ahead of me. This small mod will have nothing in it except the rash components of the original RSE. I am looking into making it conflict / override free at the moment and then I will circle into the effects and cure items to be sure they will not face the same sort of uncurable states that sometimes happened in the original version. I'd hazard that this micro-mod will be available at some point tonight or tomorrow, depending on my focus.

EDIT: Sadly, making it conflict free does not make sense. Logically, it can work that way, but it would check for rash infection on NPC on each scene init and if not infected, it may infect them by random chance. Which translates into this possibility: You have sex with a clean NPC, and you yourself are clean too. After it concludes, you go for another round. It now determines the NPC has the rash and thus, you get infected too. It makes no sense. So, long story short, the overrides on the LVLxxxxxx actor forms will remain so that the rash is applied at time of spawning the actor.

WR update - Because of things I picked up / learned while working on Malia, I have now directly integrated Wastelander's Rash into visiting doctors to cure your ills. In normal games, this cures HP and crippled limbs. In survival, it does those two things plus cures diseases. What I have done is integrate curing the rash as a baseline effect of visiting doctors, so it will work regardless of your game mode. And more importantly, because of the next-level work I did on Malia, this integration does NOT incur overrides on the GenericDoctorsQuest, so there will be ZERO impact on other mods such as Horizon or Frost. As of now, you can find the cure item randomly around the world, you can buy it from applicable vendors and now you can cure it defacto via doctors who may not have the cure onhand to sell.

I've run into an installation problem with advanced needs and i'm not sure exactly where the issue lies (within the resources, or the mod itself, or the UI). My player doesn't get hungry/thirsty/tired nor does she need to go to the bathroom. I haven't had issues with every other element (set components working fine, can get karma no problem). I installed via Vortex and while I did notice some parts got left out and I added them back into the mod. Still nothing. New save doesn't do anything either. I have considered manually installing all the necessary mods but am having no luck specifically with advanced needs.

I don't think there's a bug, I think i'm just an idiot with installation

Edit: I knew it i'm just plain stupid, didn't have bathroom needs set to automatic so nothing was occurring how did I even miss that?

1 hour ago, HyperRune said:

I've run into an installation problem with advanced needs and i'm not sure exactly where the issue lies (within the resources, or the mod itself, or the UI). My player doesn't get hungry/thirsty/tired nor does she need to go to the bathroom. I haven't had issues with every other element (set components working fine, can get karma no problem). I installed via Vortex and while I did notice some parts got left out and I added them back into the mod. Still nothing. New save doesn't do anything either. I have considered manually installing all the necessary mods but am having no luck specifically with advanced needs.

I don't think there's a bug, I think i'm just an idiot with installation

Edit: I knew it i'm just plain stupid, didn't have bathroom needs set to automatic so nothing was occurring how did I even miss that?

I have noticed that it doesnt start until I actually eat drink something with a new game.

You did turn both on in the MCM?

@HyperRune Glad to see you sorted it out.

UPDATE: The companion that was once known as "Malia" has been converted to RSE II spec, not that there is any news to relate about what happened to that mod or what might or might not happen in the future. Just a note that she has been updated to take advantage of RSE IIs systems as I was playing around in FO4 testing Wastelander's Rash and needed that companion to register rape for the animation monitor scripting. Dont take that as a sign things have changed. I just needed the system to not register rape as cheating without removing the mod from my load order and screwing my dev save up.

My old single version of RSE v4.0 which has been working fine for some time, after the last Game and AAF update has started needing the selection of “Have Sex” twice when approached by an NPC when nude before the animation starts, where selecting “Thank You”  they still immediately walk away.

So I figure it’s time to go over to your new Modular RSE version. Do I have to start a new game to make the change? I was hoping to get through my current play through before upgrading.

48 minutes ago, Agnot2014 said:

My old single version of RSE v4.0 which has been working fine for some time, after the last Game and AAF update has started needing the selection of “Have Sex” twice when approached by an NPC when nude before the animation starts, where selecting “Thank You”  they still immediately walk away.

So I figure it’s time to go over to your new Modular RSE version. Do I have to start a new game to make the change? I was hoping to get through my current play through before upgrading.

You dont want to do that.

The amount of work it requires to remove the old RSE from your installation is painful and to be honest, RSE II doesn't offer anywhere NEAR what the original RSE does just yet and the RSE Elements are buggy as fuck, so don't use those.

I'd just stop using RSE altogether and give it a couple months to see if I have caught up to most of the functions from RSE before making the plunge, if it has become too unstable to use anymore. At least a couple of months - life is challenging just now and my time and focus are not on modding to be honest.

4 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

You dont want to do that.

The amount of work it requires to remove the old RSE from your installation is painful and to be honest, RSE II doesn't offer anywhere NEAR what the original RSE does just yet and the RSE Elements are buggy as fuck, so don't use those.

I'd just stop using RSE altogether and give it a couple months to see if I have caught up to most of the functions from RSE before making the plunge, if it has become too unstable to use anymore. At least a couple of months - life is challenging just now and my time and focus are not on modding to be honest.

I thank you for your response.

I will continue using RSE v4.0, having to ask one question a second time is no major problem and I certainly want to keep using this magnificent mod.

I hope you manage to successfully overcome the challenges, I know how life can catch you out when you’re least ready. I wish you all the Luck that you need.

I thank you for your great Mods

Advanced Needs is in the works and I since I will be working from home for the next four weeks, I will be able to actually work on things in my down time, during the day, when I am actually most creative / functional for mod authoring.

For those interested, Advanced Needs no longer has formID overrides on all sinks, fountains and the settlement pump - I found hooks into them that I didn't know about before - in the early days of mod authoring and not knowing much of anything - that are thouroughly tested in game and functional. That means, no more custom scripting on them and using the vanilla survival mode scripts. Furthermore, this change has finally FIXED settlement pumps giving clean water instead of dirty water. Yes! Pumps now give clean bottled water when refilling bottles!

More as it progresses.

Just heavily into play-testing a fusion of Adv.Needs, Adv.Needs Settlement Solutions and the companion formerly known as Malia. Playing with these three, plus Endless Warfare, and then never doing any vanilla quests, just surviving day to day, its a fucking dream combination.

56 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

So no more playing "survival" under "very hard" … and no fast travel will actually work?  Meaning, we will/can just use the survival setting?  Oh, lord, let it be true!

:)  Hope you are having a good weekend brother.

John

Wait... Advanced Needs will always work in Very Easy -> Very Hard mode and never in "Survival Mode". Fast Travel can be disabled in the MCM, as can every other survival mode option, aside from ammo weight which is something hard coded into the game that noone can touch in papyrus. All I am doing is tweaking the mod to be a lot more responsive and hopefully less taxing from a script perspective. But it will remain just as it has always been, the ultimate replacement for Beth's botched survival mode.

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Just heavily into play-testing a fusion of Adv.Needs, Adv.Needs Settlement Solutions and the companion formerly known as Malia. Playing with these three, plus Endless Warfare, and then never doing any vanilla quests, just surviving day to day, its a fucking dream combination.

I simply could not play FO4 without Advanced Needs. You stand back and look at the changes it makes and wonder how Beth got it so wrong in survival.

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Wait... Advanced Needs will always work in Very Easy -> Very Hard mode and never in "Survival Mode". Fast Travel can be disabled in the MCM, as can every other survival mode option, aside from ammo weight which is something hard coded into the game that noone can touch in papyrus. All I am doing is tweaking the mod to be a lot more responsive and hopefully less taxing from a script perspective. But it will remain just as it has always been, the ultimate replacement for Beth's botched survival mode.

Oh, okay.   I thought it was going to be using the vanilla survival. So we can use Auto Eat.  So cumbersome lol...

Fast travel blocker has never worked for me since RSE.  I know... it will be different now. 

Look forward to it.