? FASHION POLICE ? Updated : 2020-07-19 Eco Lifetsyle mini-update

3 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I haven't updated MCCC since "Tiny Living" came out, so there could be a bug I don't know of. Unless you've blacklisted Hair or Make-up, MC Dresser should not be affecting either of those. I use 3D lashes all the time (Kijiko & MMSIMS). Unfortunately, accessories (including Face Accessories) are part of the outfits. There are a few ways to get around this.

1. Flag your sim against outfit changes. MC Dresser will not make any changes to that sim unless you manually tell it to.
  2. Clone the lashes and move them to Skin Details (or Tattoos). You'll only need to apply them once, but they'll be on every outfit, including nude.
  3. Clone the lashes and move them to Face Paint. This will work, assuming MC Dresser is not touching Make-up.

I use #1 and #2. If you need any more help, just ask, and thank you for the kind words!  :cool:

I will give it a whirl, sure thing! Thank you for the quick response, for the help provided and once more for the mod.

Keep up the great work! ❤️

EDIT: IT WORKED! I am SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! You rock! :D

The one thing that I still don't know what's wrong when trying to add a new outfit to a new category (let's say adding one more slot of active wear to my Sim). When I do that, EVERY other outfit (Everyday, Athletic, Swimwear, etc.) gets changed. Is that the intended function or am I doing something wrong?

13 hours ago, DiscoSamurai said:

The one thing that I still don't know what's wrong when trying to add a new outfit to a new category (let's say adding one more slot of active wear to my Sim). When I do that, EVERY other outfit (Everyday, Athletic, Swimwear, etc.) gets changed. Is that the intended function or am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that myself, and you're not doing anything wrong. Unless I'm not remembering correctly it used to work properly (until version 6?). I'm putting together a "laundry list" of things for Deaderpool to look at, and I'll add that to the list.

• 1 month later...

Will you be updating for Eco Living soon?  I've found that in a new game, you have to run the global outfit clean once- if you don't, npc's won't stick to saved outfits, even if that's turned on.  And that means it cleans all the EL premade townies of their perfectly acceptable outfits, and nobody will wear the new clothes at all.

3 hours ago, snowdog04 said:

I've found that in a new game, you have to run the global outfit clean once- if you don't, npc's won't stick to saved outfits, even if that's turned on. 

I never noticed that, but I haven't actually played in quite some time. It could be relatively recent, too, as I've noticed Deaderpool has made a few subtle changes to MC Dresser. @wild_die started children's outfits, and I've been trying to add to that, as well as toddlers. I'm not good at making kids outfits, so that's a bit of a slow process. I also have a lot of other projects on the go. I did start collecting outfits for an Eco Lifestyle update, but I don't know if that will be done "soon". In the meantime, I'll consider this a request, and I'll add the Eco-pack clothes and post a mini-update (probably) tomorrow.

Posted a mini-update to include the Maxis sims from Eco Lifestyle. Hopefully children will be added in the next update. Just a heads-up, I've been told it's confusing to have the update markers at the end of the update, so I'll be moving them to the beginning starting next time.

32 minutes ago, slayhawk said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Is there any way to merge the mrrakkon file and the file with outfits using all the packs? Or am I an idiot and the mrrakkon file include those?

Not a stupid question, and you're not an idiot.

1. Open both files with a text editor, such as Notepad. Copy one and paste it into the other.
  2. During gameplay, click on a sim and either; (a) Save an outfit, then delete it from the list. (b) delete the outfit, then save it back to the list. (This will re-sort the list, and remove any duplicates. It will also remove the update markers.)
13 minutes ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

1. Open both files with a text editor, such as Notepad. Copy one and paste it into the other.
  2. During gameplay, click on a sim and either; (a) Save an outfit, then delete it from the list. (b) delete the outfit, then save it back to the list. (This will re-sort the list, and remove any duplicates. It will also remove the update markers.)

Thanks for the help!

2 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

is there any way to check if this worked?

EDIT: used the outfit filter and apparently there are like 16000 outfits so im just gonna assume it worked.

10 hours ago, slayhawk said:

is there any way to check if this worked?

EDIT: used the outfit filter and apparently there are like 16000 outfits so im just gonna assume it worked.

Sorry for the delayed response. Using the Outfit Filter would have been my suggestion too. You should have gotten 16,217 outfits.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's going on with this mod?

I knew I would have less time during the summer, but things changed. It turns out I had a lot less than I originally planned for and I don't expect September to be any better. I'm currently spending ALL my free time on sg5150 Content, because that seemed like more of a priority. Once that's done, I'll shift my focus back to this. I haven't forgotten about this though. In fact it's always on my mind. I've reached a dilemma and need your advice on what to do.

The new Star Wars pack contains aliens, which as expected, are regular sims with costume-clothing to make them look like aliens. If I add these outfits, regular sims may get outfits that make them look like an alien in some of the categories (ie. They may look normal, then suddenly turn into an alien for Formal wear), If I don't add these outfits, cleaning all sims may result in turning the aliens into normal sims (I'm not 100% sure because I don't know how this Game Pack works). What are your suggestions?

EDIT: Disregard this question for now. From what I've read on Deaderpool's Discord, SW aliens are NPCs, but they will be kept separate and stay on Batuu. This means there's a high probability that they won't be affected anyway.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:23 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

if i want your file and all cc packs do i grab all of these files? image.png.b4d6392685d540294cdd141edd19a41e.png

image.png.bd38c05ea2b8d7b83a80731c1137a78a.png

4 hours ago, MiSFiT203 said:

if i want your file and all cc packs do i grab all of these files? image.png.b4d6392685d540294cdd141edd19a41e.png

image.png.bd38c05ea2b8d7b83a80731c1137a78a.png

Dresser_LE is for the Legacy Edition. It does not contain any packs after Realm of Magic. If you use the Legacy Edition version of the game, use "Dresser_LE_2020-03-10". If you have the normal version, use "Dresser_2020-07-19" instead.

On 9/6/2020 at 11:55 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

What's going on with this mod?

I knew I would have less time during the summer, but things changed. It turns out I had a lot less than I originally planned for and I don't expect September to be any better. I'm currently spending ALL my free time on sg5150 Content, because that seemed like more of a priority. Once that's done, I'll shift my focus back to this. I haven't forgotten about this though. In fact it's always on my mind. I've reached a dilemma and need your advice on what to do.

The new Star Wars pack contains aliens, which as expected, are regular sims with costume-clothing to make them look like aliens. If I add these outfits, regular sims may get outfits that make them look like an alien in some of the categories (ie. They may look normal, then suddenly turn into an alien for Formal wear), If I don't add these outfits, cleaning all sims may result in turning the aliens into normal sims (I'm not 100% sure because I don't know how this Game Pack works). What are your suggestions?

EDIT: Disregard this question for now. From what I've read on Deaderpool's Discord, SW aliens are NPCs, but they will be kept separate and stay on Batuu. This means there's a high probability that they won't be affected anyway.

Hey 2cool4u_1 !

Your mod is a life (and eyes) saver and i can't play without it!

I did actually try it with the Journey to Batuu gamepack. But i think they do not behave well together.

So when an "Alien" spawn they are just regular humans with no hat. I could recognize them because i can't ask the to join the First Order (only humans are allowed). And they share the same charateristics : they are bald humanized sims.

I thought it was related to this mod because it is the only one i use which alters sims appereance and i love it.

What's strange though is that their clothing is related to Batuu. They just don't have any hats !

1 hour ago, MewHollow said:

Hey 2cool4u_1 !

I did actually try it with the Journey to Batuu gamepack. But i think they do not behave well together.

So when an "Alien" spawn they are just regular humans with no hat. I could recognize them because i can't ask the to join the First Order (only humans are allowed). And they share the same charateristics : they are bald humanized sims.

I thought it was related to this mod because it is the only one i use which alters sims appereance and i love it.

What's strange though is that their clothing is related to Batuu. They just don't have any hats !

Thank you for letting me know. I guess I'll need to update my game (and get the new GP) sooner than I planned. That way I can run a couple tests myself, and discuss it on Deaderpool's Discord if need be. Hopefully, there's a simple solution, or Deaderpool can make a fix for it. This is what happens when devs get lazy and can't be bothered to add actual aliens. Thank God cats and dogs are not ordinary sims wearing costumes!

On 9/9/2020 at 10:46 AM, 2cool4u_1 said:

Dresser_LE is for the Legacy Edition. It does not contain any packs after Realm of Magic. If you use the Legacy Edition version of the game, use "Dresser_LE_2020-03-10". If you have the normal version, use "Dresser_2020-07-19" instead.

ok thank you

On 7/18/2020 at 11:47 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

I never noticed that, but I haven't actually played in quite some time. It could be relatively recent, too, as I've noticed Deaderpool has made a few subtle changes to MC Dresser. @wild_die started children's outfits, and I've been trying to add to that, as well as toddlers. I'm not good at making kids outfits, so that's a bit of a slow process. I also have a lot of other projects on the go. I did start collecting outfits for an Eco Lifestyle update, but I don't know if that will be done "soon". In the meantime, I'll consider this a request, and I'll add the Eco-pack clothes and post a mini-update (probably) tomorrow.

A little update on that from me: I have been very busy IRL with my job and haven't had a lot of time to work the new packs into outfits. On top of that, I somehow managed to delete two dresser files (kids and toddlers), so I have to start over.

I'm currently focusing on outfits sorted based on packs (BG & Holiday, BG & Outdoor Retreat, etc.). I am probably going to throw all ages into one file, so children and toddlers will be included as well. I will try to get these done as quickly as possible so they can hopefully be added to dresser.

Fair warning, though: I will not be getting the Journey to Batuu pack anytime soon.  

A short question to the community, though: when filtering for "Base Game" and "Holiday", I found two items that I am pretty sure came with an expansion each. Can people playing on Legacy or who do NOT own "Get Famous" and/or "Discover University" confirm that the two circled items are in their game?

I know for a fact, that the top my sim is wearing featured heavily in the "Get Famous" trailer (yellow jacket, flower t-shirt), but it appears as a search result when filtering for Base Game. Likewise, the flats she is wearing were introduced with "Discover University", but they, too, are marked as Base Game. Is this just my game being weird or are these items in your game, as well? 

BG items.png

On 9/13/2020 at 6:06 AM, wild_die said:

A little update on that from me: I have been very busy IRL with my job and haven't had a lot of time to work the new packs into outfits. On top of that, I somehow managed to delete two dresser files (kids and toddlers), so I have to start over.

I'm currently focusing on outfits sorted based on packs (BG & Holiday, BG & Outdoor Retreat, etc.). I am probably going to throw all ages into one file, so children and toddlers will be included as well. I will try to get these done as quickly as possible so they can hopefully be added to dresser.

Fair warning, though: I will not be getting the Journey to Batuu pack anytime soon.  

A short question to the community, though: when filtering for "Base Game" and "Holiday", I found two items that I am pretty sure came with an expansion each. Can people playing on Legacy or who do NOT own "Get Famous" and/or "Discover University" confirm that the two circled items are in their game?

I know for a fact, that the top my sim is wearing featured heavily in the "Get Famous" trailer (yellow jacket, flower t-shirt), but it appears as a search result when filtering for Base Game. Likewise, the flats she is wearing were introduced with "Discover University", but they, too, are marked as Base Game. Is this just my game being weird or are these items in your game, as well? 

BG items.png

I have all packs so I can't help but if you have sims4studio you can type in the cheat box cas-preview (ctrl+shift+c to bring up cheat box) and filter on base game to see if you see the top and shoes

3 hours ago, Bblahq said:

Hi, cool mod. Just wondering how to add to the dresser cfg to only use ea hair and not cc hair for generated sims? 

That's separate from this mod, but still part of MC Dresser. During gameplay, you have to blacklist each swatch, for each hair you don't want used.

Click on a sim >> [[MC Command Center]] >> {{MC Dresser]] >> [[Blacklist Items...]] >> [[Hair]]

I'd actually recommend using Sims4Studio to open the cc hair, and uncheck "AllowForLiveRandom". That will stop that hair from being chosen for newly generated NPCs.

On 9/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, MewHollow said:

Hey 2cool4u_1 !

So.... I got the Star Wars pack and installed it. For days, I couldn't get Batuu to work one way or another, without any mods installed. Finally, I got it working, and reinstalled MCCC and Wicked Whims. I completely quit game, reloaded and went to Batuu several times, but each time, I did not have that issue. My "aliens" look fine.

My suggestion, if you're still experiencing this issue, is to start a new save, with only MCCC installed, and go to Batuu. If you still have the issue, go to Deaderpool's Discord and they can try walking you through a way to fix it. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

On 9/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

That's separate from this mod, but still part of MC Dresser. During gameplay, you have to blacklist each swatch, for each hair you don't want used.

Click on a sim >> [[MC Command Center]] >> {{MC Dresser]] >> [[Blacklist Items...]] >> [[Hair]]

I'd actually recommend using Sims4Studio to open the cc hair, and uncheck "AllowForLiveRandom". That will stop that hair from being chosen for newly generated NPCs.

thanks. I did the sims4studio step but I still see npcs using cc hair so I think mccc is overriding something.  I will try the black list procedure but I have a ton of cc hair. There isn't an easier option?

9 hours ago, Bblahq said:

thanks. I did the sims4studio step but I still see npcs using cc hair so I think mccc is overriding something.  I will try the black list procedure but I have a ton of cc hair. There isn't an easier option?

Sorry. I don't know why that didn't work, unless of course something is broken. I really wish there was an easier way than blacklisting individual swatches, but I don't know of any.