? FASHION POLICE ? Updated : 2020-07-19 Eco Lifetsyle mini-update

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATED: Added 853 Maxis outfits and 311 CC outfits.

NAME CHANGE

The "Sims CAN Dress Themselves" mod will be renamed to the "Fashion Police" mod. The name change will take effect starting sometime January 2020.

CC VERSION

To avoid you downloading CC unnecessarily, the file will now contain the date it was last updated. The current version has the original CC pack, plus all usable CC from "Porkybork's World". If you already downloaded the first version and also have "Porkybork's World", you do NOT need to download the updated CC pack. I did my best to separate the CC into basic folders, and went through to make sure it was all Base Game compatible. If you encounter any issues, or I missed something, please let me know.

Aside from earrings, any piercings (facial / body) have been removed from outfits. It did not seem to make sense to have them randomly applied to various outfits on various sims. Remember that MC Dresser will assign a new random outfit to any sim not wearing an outfit from the "Clean" list. This means sims from "Porkybork's World" (for example) will get a new outfit, if they are wearing piercings, because the saved version of their outfit does not contain any. Thus, they need to be flagged, if you want them to keep their current outfits.

It has also been brought to my attention that some CC is obviously Maxis-Match, while others are obviously alpha. However, there are also CC that lie somewhere in the middle. My idea of whether those are MM or alpha may differ from yours. Furthermore, what some people find acceptable may differ from what others do. Therefore, I am no longer dividing CC into MM and alpha, as it no longer makes sense to do so.

LEGACY EDITION COMPATIBILITY

Users of the Legacy Edition (LE) will have their version of the game basically frozen as-is. They will be affected in several ways, including;

• LE users will not receive any future updates or patches. We can assume that means any current bugs will not be fixed either.
  • LE users will not be able to purchase any new content (released after "Realm of Magic").
  • LE users will no longer have access to online features such as the Gallery.
  • As mods are updated, they will eventually stop working, unless the creator somehow makes a separate version for LE users.

I would recommend keeping a copy of all working mods somewhere secure. I cannot make any promises regarding MCCC. However, future updates of this mod WILL continue to work for LE users. The only stipulation is that outfits using newer packs will be broken. I will provide a filtered version of the CFG file for LE users, which only contains the relevant packs (those prior to "Discover University").

PRE-FILTERED VERSIONS

As before, there is a pre-filtered BG-only version. There is now a version for LE users as well. I have not yet devised an efficient and simple naming scheme for requested filtering, so for now I will post it here.

@moirawhitmore All EP's and GP's and Vintage Glamour SP; 10667 out of 13581 outfits. Enjoy!

mc_dresser.cfg

EDIT: I've just realized when you made the request, it probably includes "Discover University". The first file does NOT include that EP. This one does;

mc_dresser.cfg

11591 outfits.

10 hours ago, Ungratefulz said:

Sorry if this has been answered but does the CC version also include all the other outfits as well? awesome Mod cant wait to use it,

A very good question. No it does not. I did it that way so that people can download the version they want, then add the CC outfits after.

9 hours ago, schmicu said:

CC zip file maybe broken. When I downloaded can't open.

6 hours ago, Downloader said:

Same, with file "CC_2019-12-21.zip" getting this.  

Reveal hidden contents

199c128bbb2d38f2f4226cddc1308974.png.6465c4ef1c72abc0e159c8a455ef4709.png

Thanks for letting me know. I had to upload it 3 times. I'll try to fix it. The original zip works fine for me, but the downloaded one is indeed broken.

EDIT: I uploaded it in 2 parts, and get the same issues. HOWEVER, when I Right-Click on it (using 7-Zip) I can access it. I'm not sure what's going on.

4 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Thanks for letting me know. I had to upload it 3 times. I'll try to fix it. The original zip works fine for me, but the downloaded one is indeed broken.

EDIT: I uploaded it in 2 parts, and get the same issues. HOWEVER, when I Right-Click on it (using 7-Zip) I can access it. I'm not sure what's going on.

Same thing happened to me. WinRaR wouldn't open the file and seeing as how 7zip worked for you, I installed it and it worked.

1 hour ago, Commander Drag Queen said:

How exactly did you extract it with 7zip? I've tried extracting it several different ways and always receive an "unavailable data" error.

Right-click on the file, go to "7-Zip", then "Open archive". You can then copy / move / drag those files into your mods folder.

1 hour ago, Commander Drag Queen said:

No dice. Still says the data is unavailable. 

Thanks for the info. I've made several more attempts, and it seems to be working, FINALLY! Please use the file "Test_CC.zip". It should be working fine now. Let me know if it works for you or not.

Just now, Commander Drag Queen said:

That one worked. Out of curiosity, what was it you did differently on that last one?

Nothing, really. It's the original file, renamed. That's all. I tried dividing it into 2 parts, and 3 parts, and using different names. None of them worked properly. I decided to start back at the beginning (with the new name) and it worked. Don't ask me why. I'm really glad it's working though. Enjoy.??

12 minutes ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Nothing, really. It's the original file, renamed. That's all. I tried dividing it into 2 parts, and 3 parts, and using different names. None of them worked properly. I decided to start back at the beginning (with the new name) and it worked. Don't ask me why. I'm really glad it's working though. Enjoy.??

Stange, but I'm glad it worked. Thanks for all your hard work!

4 hours ago, Downloader said:

I noticed one difference, the previous files I downloaded were only about 90 mb total, the test cc one is 1.25 gb, maybe something related to the site upload problems a week or two back? 

You're probably right. I didn't mention I tried different file types too. Either way, it's working now, so I'm not going to bother re-uploading it with a proper filename. I'm leaving it as is.

• 3 weeks later...

hi~ can you help me a bit? I dont quite understand what is the differences between Dresser_LE_2019 and Dresser_2019, I mean, I know that LE is for 32x, but also I see that LE has more strings than noLE. Does it mean that LE has more outfits or...? And if I want version with all EPs/GPs/SPs and without CC I have to choose Dresser_2019, right? sry for stupid quetions and poor English

4 hours ago, sharq said:

hi~ can you help me a bit? I dont quite understand what is the differences between Dresser_LE_2019 and Dresser_2019, I mean, I know that LE is for 32x, but also I see that LE has more strings than noLE. Does it mean that LE has more outfits or...? And if I want version with all EPs/GPs/SPs and without CC I have to choose Dresser_2019, right? sry for stupid quetions and poor English

Very good questions (not stupid), and your English is fine.

You're right LE is for 32x, and you are right, If you want the version with all EPs/GPs/SPs and without CC, choose Dresser_2019.

Thank you for pointing this out. For some reason the LE had extra (duplicated) lines. I will make made a new LE file and re-upload it. Dresser_2019_12_21 is okay.?