? FASHION POLICE ? Updated : 2020-07-19 Eco Lifetsyle mini-update

On 10/29/2019 at 9:47 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

Unfortunately, I have a windows machine, and have no idea how to use it on a Mac, or if it's even possible.

I'm not entirely sure but there's coding programs for macs that you can use on PC so it might be possible to make? I'm not much of a programmer so I wouldn't know lol

5 minutes ago, moirawhitmore said:

Can I have the dresser config without all the stuff packs and spa day please? ❤️ I am including the MM CC as well. I love this mod. Thank you :)

So you want all Expansion packs and Game packs, except for Spa day? The CC is a separate add-on, so you can always add it, or not, yourself. I'm glad you like the mod, and I'll post the filtered CFG file here, and with future updates.

mc_dresser.cfg

9 minutes ago, moirawhitmore said:

I'm not entirely sure but there's coding programs for macs that you can use on PC so it might be possible to make? I'm not much of a programmer so I wouldn't know lol

@erplederp is the one who made the Outfit Filter (and who you should definitely thank). I'm not a programmer either.

On 10/30/2019 at 1:22 AM, moirawhitmore said:

I'm on a Mac. Will there be Outfit Filter support for Mac users? 

Hi!

It is not currently planned. The Outfit Filter is theoretically written in a cross-platform way (C++ language, Qt library), but practically I don't have a Mac machine to compile it on and compiling the Mac version on a different platform is usually a huge pain in the butt (if even possible at all!). If there's anyone who has Mac and knows some C++/Qt programming, I wouldn't have a problem sharing the fairly simple sources with them so they could build the Mac version.

The current solution to this limitation is to simply provide a few pre-filtered lists.

1 hour ago, erplederp said:

@2cool4u_1 An interesting idea! I'm not familiar with these compatibility layer tools, but it might work (these are hit-and-miss, apparently). For example, WineBottler looks exactly like the tool for the job from its description.

Thanks. WineBottler looks very promising. I'm only aware of WineSkin because my niece owns a Mac laptop. I haven't spent much time on her machine, and that was some time ago, but I've had to use Wineskin once or twice. WineBottler looks better, if it works.?

• 3 weeks later...

You don't realize what a gamechanger this is! I've been looking for a mod like this for a while, so thank you so much, it works great!

Are there any plans to update the outfit list to include newer packs, or is this on us from now on? I'd update it myself and add my own outfits right now, but I'm genuinely not a clever man, so it will take me some time to figure everything out and I'm scared to break something in the process ? 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyMorse said:

You don't realize what a gamechanger this is! I've been looking for a mod like this for a while, so thank you so much, it works great!

Are there any plans to update the outfit list to include newer packs, or is this on us from now on? I'd update it myself and add my own outfits right now, but I'm genuinely not a clever man, so it will take me some time to figure everything out and I'm scared to break something in the process ? 

Thanks. I broke my hip and orbital bone (around my right eye) back in June. This caused swelling which has left me with blurred vision. The eye surgeon said it could take up to a year for my vision to return to normal. For web browsers I could easily increase the zoom and read primarily with my left eye. The in-game text is a different story. Having said all that, I have been working on it slowly (VERY slowly). My eye has shown much improvement lately, and I plan (hopefully) to release the next update mid-late December. It will PROBABLY include outfits from Realm of Magic, and Discover University. I use outfits from sims in the Gallery, so it's dependant on what outfits other players use.

To add outfits yourself is easy (there are instructions), but it is time consuming.

2 hours ago, Downloader said:

Crap, sorry to hear about your accident, hope you're doing ok, take as long as you need, health/rl comes first always, I learned that the hard way.  

Thanks. It's been a tough year (other issues), but I'm doing better now. I'm just glad I put in a ton of effort early on, so I got a lot done, and the mod is very usable as it is. Still, the more outfits added, the better. I'm also working on the CC version, which is a huge drain on time.

13 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Does this mod help to stop Townies from dressing up in all the goofy mis-matched clothing all the time.

Like this: (some are far worse than this one)

RandomClothing.jpg

That's exactly what it does. Sims only dress using allowed combinations of clothing items.

@2cool4u_1 I hope you are healing okay! I'm not sure if you've been keeping up to date with the Sims 4 patches since you're busy recovering but the most recent one added the ability to make the UI larger and smaller! I'm disabled and when I have really bad days, Sims usually manages to keep me distracted while I lay in bed. Hopefully this new accessibility feature can help you enjoy it again as well :)

2 hours ago, moirawhitmore said:

I recently bought all the expansions and game packs with a bundle yay!

Cool. I hope you have fun with all the new content.

2 hours ago, moirawhitmore said:

@2cool4u_1 I hope you are healing okay! I'm not sure if you've been keeping up to date with the Sims 4 patches since you're busy recovering but the most recent one added the ability to make the UI larger and smaller! I'm disabled and when I have really bad days, Sims usually manages to keep me distracted while I lay in bed. Hopefully this new accessibility feature can help you enjoy it again as well :)

Thanks. As far as healing goes, I had a setback early on, but all has been going great since then. I've recently been busy doing therapy on my leg as well, and have not been aware of that new feature. Thanks for the tip! It will help for sure.? Thanks @erplederp for stepping up and providing the CFG file. I'll add it with future updates (instead of the previously mentioned request).

12 hours ago, igor2540 said:

Yep just visit a supermarket at morning or night xd. People buying food almost nude, or naked , Batman suits. .....

What an idea. Unfortunately, I don't own a Batman suit (or a Batmobile).? I've dressed as Batman for Halloween a couple of times. It was a lot of fun.