vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

Can you share some information about the function OnPatchCK in dinput8.dll?

Is this meant to disable the game protection against patches or anything? What is the "trick" to enable patching xinput without closing the game? Is this a timing issue or just patching somewhere the game process to disable the check?

Thanks for your help

4 hours ago, FlailingBoar said:

Do you happen to remember which files Honoka's new win were? I've been looking for them as well.

no, changed everything i needed to MAR

@vagonumero13  I encountered a weird bug with KAS_COS_004a.g1m: if you try to edit a single mesh, even hiding it, while you are in battle (after taking a break blow) and you try to do her teleports move the game crashes.

Do you have any kind of idea which could be the issue? 

Found another bug with Kasumi: I was trasforming my recolored textures (KAS_COS_001) into a Layer2 mod, but when I press F to see the mod, I see that not all the textures are applied to the same costume, in fact if I press again F other textures appear and other diseappear

Spoiler

1532282489_DeadOrAlive6Screenshot2019_04.30-18_57_01_12.png.9f074ddee2b9bfeb8c23f49a6ed5d7e1.png

764160773_DeadOrAlive6Screenshot2019_04.30-18_57_03_92.png.c2d16be18c759b12944e24ce991b5722.png

Another question: for characters like Hayabusa and Lisa how could I apply a non breakable outfit to a breakable one? Because they don't have a XXX_COS_NNNa.g1m file, but only XXX_FACE_NNNa.g1m

46 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

@vagonumero13  I encountered a weird bug with KAS_COS_004a.g1m: if you try to edit a single mesh, even hiding it, while you are in battle (after taking a break blow) and you try to do her teleports move the game crashes.

Do you have any kind of idea which could be the issue? 

Another question: for characters like Hayabusa and Lisa how could I apply a non breakable outfit to a breakable one? Because they don't have a XXX_COS_NNNa.g1m file, but only XXX_FACE_NNNa.g1m

No idea what the KAS_COS_004a issue could be.

As for the other thing, if a character currently has no breakable costume, then it is not possible to do the trick of non-breakable to breakable, as we need a base to work with (with current knowledge). Maybe in the future with bigger knowledge about the internals of the game, something can be done.

4 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

No idea what the KAS_COS_004a issue could be.

As for the other thing, if a character currently has no breakable costume, then it is not possible to do the trick of non-breakable to breakable, as we need a base to work with (with current knowledge). Maybe in the future with bigger knowledge about the internals of the game, something can be done.

As I thought it isn't possible atm. Thank you anyway. I did a beautiful destructible mod for her doa6 default costume and it crashes.. how unlucky am i?

I just added another bug/issue with Kasumi in the previous post, could you check it?

When swapping costumes between characters can I apply a custom recolor for them adding a Material folder?

Or do i have to follow your example with Ayane Long hair good method?

2 hours ago, gatto tom said:

As I thought it isn't possible atm. Thank you anyway. I did a beautiful destructible mod for her doa6 default costume and it crashes.. how unlucky am i?

I just added another bug/issue with Kasumi in the previous post, could you check it?

When swapping costumes between characters can I apply a custom recolor for them adding a Material folder?

Or do i have to follow your example with Ayane Long hair good method?

Can you provide an example of the texture issue with Kasumi? It is probably related with the game model caching, but would like to have the example.

About the second thing: if you do the swapping, and you add a recolor, it will also affect the original character. So, if you are in player 1 with a mod that uses the "work" feature, and you modified a mesh or texture of that costume, and player 2 has the character that originally had that costume, then the change of mesh/texture will also be applied to player 2.

That's why it is better to not use the work feature in these cases (unless there is no other way), which is why I provided those Ayane hair examples.

Edit: i found your recolored Kasumi outfit. The issue doesn't happen to me. Can you check that you have your files set up exactly like I did? (I included the textures for 003 and 004, but that was a mistake of mine) Edit 2: fixed that. Anyway, it still works for me.

13 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

Can you provide an example of the texture issue with Kasumi? It is probably related with the game model caching, but would like to have the example.

About the second thing: if you do the swapping, and you add a recolor, it will also affect the original character. So, if you are in player 1 with a mod that uses the "work" feature, and you modified a mesh or texture of that costume, and player 2 has the character that originally had that costume, then the change of mesh/texture will also be applied to player 2.

That's why it is better to not use the work feature in these cases (unless there is no other way), which is why I provided those Ayane hair examples.

example.rar

@gatto tom

Ok I found the issue.

It is not a bug of REDELBE, you didn't set up the textures properly.

Do the following:

Move "MPR_Muscle_Character_KASCOS001_cos003a_kidsalb" from the "Kasumi DOA5LR Season Pass 3 Bonus Costume" to "Kasumi DOA5LR Season Pass 7 Bonus Costume".

And move "MPR_Muscle_Character_KASCOS001_cos002b_kidsalb" from "Kasumi DOA5LR Season Pass 7 Bonus Costume" to "Kasumi DOA5LR Season Pass 3 Bonus Costume"  and it will work.

Note however one thing: because they are considered two mods, and since each of them only use one color, REDELBE considers there are 2 mods on every color slot in the game (because REDELBE only cares about the costume, not the color), so this means that in:

- The slot of the black costume: REDELBE considers there are three costumes, and the three of them are the same (vanilla) because your mods doesn't affect the black costume:

- The slot of the blue costume: the blue costume vanilla, your white variation, and again vanilla (which would be your gold variationt that doesn't affect this color).

- The slot of the red costume: the red costume vanilla, your gold variation, and again vanilla (which would be your white variationt that doesn't affect this color).

So you may notice that some times you will have to press the F key again. This is not a bug, technically REDELBE is working as intended. That's why I personally recommend to pack all the colors at once in the same mod.

-------

That said some time in the future I may do something to optionally restrict some mods to only some colors, but it is just that the logic to make that complicates things further.

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Yeah, in your example, i'm getting the error too. Look at the file I attached before. I put all colors at once in same mod, and this way it works.

Anyway, I'll research the problem in the future, atm it is better that you put all the color variants at once in the same Layer 2 mod.

I thought that merging more textures in the same folder there could  be problems. Thanks for this tip

36 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

@gatto tom

Ok I found the issue.

It is not a bug of REDELBE, you didn't set up the textures properly.

Do the following:

Move "MPR_Muscle_Character_KASCOS001_cos003a_kidsalb" from the "Kasumi DOA5LR Season Pass 3 Bonus Costume" to "Kasumi DOA5LR Season Pass 7 Bonus Costume".

And move "MPR_Muscle_Character_KASCOS001_cos002b_kidsalb" from "Kasumi DOA5LR Season Pass 7 Bonus Costume" to "Kasumi DOA5LR Season Pass 3 Bonus Costume"  and it will work.

Note however one thing: because they are considered two mods, and since each of them only use one color, REDELBE considers there are 2 mods on every color slot in the game (because REDELBE only cares about the costume, not the color), so this means that in:

- The slot of the black costume: REDELBE considers there are three costumes, and the three of them are the same (vanilla) because your mods doesn't affect the black costume:

- The slot of the blue costume: the blue costume vanilla, your white variation, and again vanilla (which would be your gold variationt that doesn't affect this color).

- The slot of the red costume: the red costume vanilla, your gold variation, and again vanilla (which would be your white variationt that doesn't affect this color).

So you may notice that some times you will have to press the F key again. This is not a bug, technically REDELBE is working as intended. That's why I personally recommend to pack all the colors at once in the same mod.

-------

That said some time in the future I may do something to optionally restrict some mods to only some colors, but it is just that the logic to make that complicates things further.

My god, I was so stupid lol. I even checked before if I setted up wrong a texture, because they share the same file name and the difference is only between a number and a letter and i didn't notice -.-.

Ah this is why sometimes  I could press F where I didn't set the recolor in that costume. It is so interesting!

Thanks as always

7 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

I thought that merging more textures in the same folder there could  be problems. Thanks for this tip

Only problem with packing all colors together, is if both players are Kasumi, the two players wearing the same identical player+costume slot, then if player 1 is Kasumi with gold, Player 2 would't be able to use Kasumi blue, because it would change to the white... (this a known issue of REDELBE that I will somehow fix in the future, as I reverse more parts of the .exe)

11 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

@gatto tom

Btw, about the KAS_COS_004a issue. Could you test if the issue happens too renaming it to the normal non broken costume (KAS_COS_004)?

No issues if i rename it to KAS_COS_004 (obviously the body texture isn't correct loaded).

But it's really strange. The issue could be that the game can't render correctly my modded KAS_COS_004a during her teleports and crashes?

I tried to add breast on AYA_COS_004a but when I import the mesh i get this error

VGMAP: Cannot find bone "OPT_ywrk_02" in the skeleton.

Is there a way to edit the skeleton or another trick?

10 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

No issues if i rename it to KAS_COS_004 (obviously the body texture isn't correct loaded).

But it's really strange. The issue could be that the game can't render correctly my modded KAS_COS_004a during her teleports and crashes?

I tried to add breast on AYA_COS_004a but when I import the mesh i get this error

VGMAP: Cannot find bone "OPT_ywrk_02" in the skeleton.

Is there a way to edit the skeleton or another trick?

There is currently no way to modify the skeleton. Maybe I will add something in the future to copy bone(s) from other .g1m, not sure how that would end in game through (specially if from different non compatible chars).

Can I take a look at that KAS_COS_004a? The fact that it works as KAS_COS_004 but not as KAS_COS_004a is strange. Was the base of your mesh KAS_COS_004 or KAS_COS_004a?

16 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

There is currently no way to modify the skeleton. Maybe I will add something in the future to copy bone(s) from other .g1m, not sure how that would end in game through (specially if from different non compatible chars).

Can I take a look at that KAS_COS_004a? The fact that it works as KAS_COS_004 but not as KAS_COS_004a is strange. Was the base of your mesh KAS_COS_004 or KAS_COS_004a?

Yes of course here is it

KAS_COS_004a.g1m

My base mesh was directly KAS_COS_004a.g1m

I hope in future we could manage to edit skeletons and other things, because TN is destroying my dreams ?

25 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

Yes of course here is it

KAS_COS_004a.g1m 2.01 MB · 2 downloads

My base mesh was directly KAS_COS_004a.g1m

I hope in future we could manage to edit skeletons and other things, because TN is destroying my dreams ?

It is strange, your g1m has 13 meshes, while the game KAS_COS_004a has 9 meshes. However, my tools don't allow to change the number of meshes. The only explanation I can see is that they changed the mesh at some point, and that you were using as base a KAS_COS_004a extracted in a previous version of the game. This kind of things could perfectly explain the crash. Do you have your base KAS_COS_004a around there? Then we can confirm if this is the case.

If this were the case, this could get fixed *probably* by redoing the mod with a newly extracted KAS_COS_004a from latest version of the game. I think they just removed something to the kasumi weapon, so I think you could easily transfer your mod over, hopefully... (if this theory is correct)

23 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

It is strange, your g1m has 13 meshes, while the game KAS_COS_004a has 9 meshes. However, my tools don't allow to change the number of meshes. The only explanation I can see is that they changed the mesh at some point, and that you were using as base a KAS_COS_004a extracted in a previous version of the game. This kind of things could perfectly explain the crash. Do you have your base KAS_COS_004a around there? Then we can confirm if this is the case.

If this were the case, this could get fixed *probably* by redoing the mod with a newly extracted KAS_COS_004a from latest version of the game. I think they just removed something to the kasumi weapon, so I think you could easily transfer your mod over, hopefully... (if this theory is correct)

I didn't even know that they updated this costume. Your theory was right, now i just need to remake it sadly...

REDELBE doesn't support face swap right?

2 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

I didn't even know that they updated this costume. Your theory was right, now i just need to remake it sadly...

REDELBE doesn't support face swap right?

Yes, it does. This mod.ini Layer2 mod for example (that I posted in some other thread) would remove the mask of Kasumi by changing her masked face to regular face:

[Costume]

slot=KAS_COS_007

[Face]

slot = KAS_FACE_008

work = KAS_FACE_001

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Btw, it is possible that if you still have the old non-broken KAS_COS_004, and you paste it over, maybe you could skip redoing your mod, as I have the theory that is the changes between KAS_COS_004 and KAS_COS_004a what causes the crash (possibly a differnce in the skeleton). That said, maybe it is not the case, and maybe it is an updated animation causing the crash with the old mesh due to some incompatible skeleton or something.