IGNORED

vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

34 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

How did you handle the textures of Arnice default and demon form? Because they are two different .g1m

Probably better reply you with the files (obiously in current public version of REDELBE, this won't transform but just work as breakable, but the idea is that in next version it will, upon adding a setting to the mod.ini which I haven't yet called).

But basically I reordered the things in mtl (If you decompile those with fid_utility, you will see a weird ordering of the materials)

Also, initially I had it to use the Arnice hair with the "work" thing, but then I realized that the glasses including in the hair would remain in demon form, so well, I just instead used a breakable hair, since the hair will also transform.

Edit: so more or less, in the normal mtl, 0-4 are used, and mapped to the Arnice costume. In the "a.mtl", only 0 and 2 are used, The 0 here doesn't need to be the same than in the other one (pbody is 0 in my a.mtl, and 5 -unused- in the normal mtl)

Arnice transformable.zip

So I'm getting some weird glitch with redelbe where the character select screen will randomly have red stars on outfits without any mods, and some outfits with mods wont have the red star either.

Even just installing redelbe by itself and having absolutely no mods, some outfits will get red stars. Using the free version on steam.

Hi guys! Does g1m tools work with Atelier Sophie (A17)? I've already tried to convert, but the result of g1m_export.exe is "Mismatch in VB/IB/Layout (13 vs 10 vs 10)." There were a many of g1m files (probably, animations and bones) after converting from *.elixir.gz to *.g1m. I tried to convert only a model, not a bones nor a animations. Also g1m2fbx.exe gives error, too. But it somehow converted only the bones to the fbx.

g1t_tools is very convenient!

best tool

kidsswtm memo?

/RED          /Green           /Blue   /Alpha

Arr0 /wet(body) /wet(clothes) /scar   /soot

Arr1 /stain         /sand             /snow /oil

(soot)

Spoiler

soot.png.f5de169b8486410407bf13a117b75576.png

(stain)

Spoiler

stain.png.befc654575c9653ffa3c0a54b09dc034.png

15 hours ago, NoNameUserDev said:

Hi guys! Does g1m tools work with Atelier Sophie (A17)? I've already tried to convert, but the result of g1m_export.exe is "Mismatch in VB/IB/Layout (13 vs 10 vs 10)." There were a many of g1m files (probably, animations and bones) after converting from *.elixir.gz to *.g1m. I tried to convert only a model, not a bones nor a animations. Also g1m2fbx.exe gives error, too. But it somehow converted only the bones to the fbx.

Well the fact that at least that error was returned means that at least the parser works correctly, but the export code doesn't like whe the numbers of vertex buffers is different to the numbers of layout, or the number of vertex buffers different to the number of index buffers, as it (incorrectly) assumes that they are all indexed the same, which is the case of most g1m.

You may try your luck in other g1m, it may work.

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Well the fact that at least that error was returned means that at least the parser works correctly, but the export code doesn't like whe the numbers of vertex buffers is different to the numbers of layout, or the number of vertex buffers different to the number of index buffers, as it (incorrectly) assumes that they are all indexed the same, which is the case of most g1m.

You may try your luck in other g1m, it may work.

Oh, thank you for the reply! Yes, I found another g1m tools for Noesis. It's a python script, that can only import g1m models. Now I'm trying to export from Noesis to fbx and import to Blender3D, and from there export to 3dMigoto format, then using 3dMigoto export to *.g1m, finally put it into the game.

12 hours ago, NoNameUserDev said:

Oh, thank you for the reply! Yes, I found another g1m tools for Noesis. It's a python script, that can only import g1m models. Now I'm trying to export from Noesis to fbx and import to Blender3D, and from there export to 3dMigoto format, then using 3dMigoto export to *.g1m, finally put it into the game.

Yeah my script is for extraction only, was the only thing I was personally interested in. If the format wasn't that awful to deal with I'd make an exporter but considering Vago already made some nice tools for it so I have zero motivation to do so.

Hi @vagonumero13 & @Joschuka , glad to see you two pop up again. I am testing to move 4D meshes between g1m files (from MOM_COS_106.g1m to MOM_COS_004.g1m ). Kind of working but met an unexpected mesh distortion on only part of the mesh:

Spoiler

4d_test2.jpg.b2762db48c7c01b6453294f0c72fec9f.jpg

The meshes itself is a direct copy of IB.bin /VB.bin without any editing.  I believe the "U_10" in Nunv1, "U_20" in Nuno1, and "U_10" in Nuno3 are BonesMap index, because the matrix of the bones in the Bonesmap will significantly change the mesh position. I copied the matrix over to make the 4D mesh showing and moving o.k.  The whole 4D environment should have been recreated. 

Any ideas on what can cause this distortion?

Spoiler

4d_test1.jpg.fba2a3722a3cdf08380861efb3f51791.jpg

5 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

Hi @vagonumero13 & @Joschuka , glad to see you two pop up again. I am testing to move 4D meshes between g1m files (from MOM_COS_106.g1m to MOM_COS_004.g1m ). Kind of working but met an unexpected mesh distortion on only part of the mesh:

Hide contents

4d_test2.jpg.b2762db48c7c01b6453294f0c72fec9f.jpg

The meshes itself is a direct copy of IB.bin /VB.bin without any editing.  I believe the "U_10" in Nunv1, "U_20" in Nuno1, and "U_10" in Nuno3 are BonesMap index, because the matrix of the bones in the Bonesmap will significantly change the mesh position. I copied the matrix over to make the 4D mesh showing and moving o.k.  The whole 4D environment should have been recreated. 

Any ideas on what can cause this distortion?

Hide contents

4d_test1.jpg.fba2a3722a3cdf08380861efb3f51791.jpg

Did you copy all the matrices of the bonemap and the boenmap itself?

1 hour ago, vagonumero13 said:

Did you copy all the matrices of the bonemap and the boenmap itself?

What I did is copying the bonemap (2,15) and the used the matrix (6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  from MOM_COS_106 and added them to the MOM_COS_004 as bonemap (19,20), and matrix (157,158,159,160,161,162,163) 

18 minutes ago, fgh1t6 said:

What I did is copying the bonemap (2,15) and the used the matrix (6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  from MOM_COS_106 and added them to the MOM_COS_004 as bonemap (19,20), and matrix (157,158,159,160,161,162,163) 

Did you also asign the new bonemap in the <Submesh>?

17 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

Did you also asign the new bonemap in the <Submesh>?

yes, import 4d mesh from  cos_106: IB_2.bin / VB_2.bin to cos_004 as IB_15.bin / VB_15.bin, copy Submesh  2 and added as Submesh 17, bonemap used in submesh changed from 2 to 19. 

Just now, fgh1t6 said:

yes, import 4d mesh from  cos_106: IB_2.bin / VB_2.bin to cos_004 as IB_15.bin / VB_15.bin, copy Submesh  2 and added as Submesh 17, bonemap used in submesh changed from 2 to 19. 

Is there any change if you try to use the rigbin of the other costume?

Anyway, it could be someething else we have missed. There is also this COLL section that I have never looked at, I don't know if it could have any impact on this. There maybe things outside the g1m that could cause an effect. For example, the other day I noticed that there is no way for the tails of some sci-fi costumes to work in other slot (albeit I noticed a change when copying the rigbin but it would still not animate properly), which seem to indicate that there are some settings somewhere that control behaviors of the costumes.

1 minute ago, vagonumero13 said:

Is there any change if you try to use the rigbin of the other costume?

Anyway, it could be someething else we have missed. There is also this COLL section that I have never looked at, I don't know if it could have any impact on this. There maybe things outside the g1m that could cause an effect. For example, the other day I noticed that there is no way for the tails of some sci-fi costumes to work in other slot (albeit I noticed a change when copying the rigbin but it would still not animate properly), which seem to indicate that there are some settings somewhere that control behaviors of the costumes.

Ah, I didn't play with the rigbin yet.  I attached my working set here for reference.

fgCut_Mom004_dev.zip

Did you check if the cloth control points display the same in my viewer ? Just to make sure the mesh is not deformed when idle

From what I see on your screenshot it looks like it's not really clipping so I'd say that the COLL section shouldn't be the culprit (at least if it's supposed to handle the intra collision with the control points as I assume, only models with NUN have these). You may want to double check if they are the same though.

But yeah unfortunately physics stuff is mostly unknown. I remember that some guy from the Fire Emblem community tried to dummy out the rigbin and it lead to non moving cloth or something like that so these rigb files are definitely involved.

Models without NUN meshes have those too though, which is a bit surprising. They also seem to be of fixed size.

23 minutes ago, Joschuka said:

Did you check if the cloth control points display the same in my viewer ? Just to make sure the mesh is not deformed when idle

From what I see on your screenshot it looks like it's not really clipping so I'd say that the COLL section shouldn't be the culprit (at least if it's supposed to handle the intra collision with the control points as I assume, only models with NUN have these). You may want to double check if they are the same though.

But yeah unfortunately physics stuff is mostly unknown. I remember that some guy from the Fire Emblem community tried to dummy out the rigbin and it lead to non moving cloth or something like that so these rigb files are definitely involved.

Models without NUN meshes have those too though, which is a bit surprising. They also seem to be of fixed size.

It looks O.K in Noesis. I do see the 4d skirt clipping with hands, so maybe the COLL do need to be replaced too.

Yes! You are right! A direct replacement of 0.coll file fix the problem:

Spoiler

1519710088_DEADORALIVE615_08_202013_57_51.png.a910a4f0601b0a9a5de069e597214ede.png

Hi guys.

I'm try to mesh editing (merge different COS' meshes into one mesh) with Blender v2.79.

After deleting and joining vertex, I wanted to check with texture file.

So I loaded BC7 DDS file, but Blender says "Can't load Image" and (I'm not sure that's why) the mesh's color is just PINK.

With DXT1 DDS works fine, but BC7 DDS doesn't work.

I can convert dds to png file and apply to mesh.

However (if possible) I want to know a root cause, whether Blender 2.79 doesn't support BC7 DDS or I didn't just installed additional plugin.

Any helps would be appreciated.

bbbb.PNG

REDELBE updated to 3.0

Changelog:

- Added an option to disable the splash screen. To disable splash screen, set the ini setting "disable_splash" in the [Misc] section to true.
  (Note that disabling the splash screen doesn't remove the game bug that affects some people where the game takes time starting sometimes).
- The random music patch has been extended with a new mode called "fullmix". This mode allows to set several bgm's for each character/stage.
  To enable, set "enable_random_music" to true in the [Random] section of the .ini file, and set "mode" in [RandomMusic] section to fullmix.
  To customize the tracks, edit the file REDELBE/fullmix.ini.
- Added a patch that allows modders to create a mesh transformation mod; the transformation happens when the attacker character does a breakblow or when they do a taunt.
  Modders can implement this like if it were a layer2 breakable costume, and then add "transform = true" in the [General] section of the mod.ini file.
- A layer2 mod of the Sweat stage can now use of the "disable_npc" introduced in previous update.
  (an a version using it can be found in "[Optional] Extras/Story mode stages"

-----------

So, for transformation mod, just do a regular breakable costume, and then have this:

[General]

type = costume

transform = true

And that will make the mesh change on taunt&attack breakblow and disable the regular breakability.

Have in mind that both costume and hair transform (because of this, you could also use this in no breakable costume if you want to achieve only hair transform).

On 8/6/2020 at 5:19 PM, vagonumero13 said:

So this was a idea that I had long ago, but I didn't start to research if it was doable until yesterday.

In the game we have:

- A mesh based transformation that is used for breakable costumes.

- A texture based transformation triggered by the attacker in a break blow or by the appeal(taunt) action.

So I thought it would be possible to swap the events, and get the attacker have a mesh transformation when doing a break blow or appeal. And... it worked.

Here is a example of Phase 4 Arnice transforming into Demon Form. (the Demon Form is from this @gatto tommod here)

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Of course, it can also be used for "reverse break".

Notice that in this video, the break of Rachel costume happens before the hit, while the break of Momiji happens later (as that's a normal breakable).

(The broken Rachel in the video is from @用户名623 mod here)

Reveal hidden contents

The only problem is that we still have the material amount limitations. For the example, in the case of the Arnice, it was a luck that PHF_COS_002 had enough materials for both, the normal Arnice costume and the demon form thing.

Also, I know that you can transform before battle, but that currently doesn't work here, apparently that's a different event for the game, thus my patch doesn't affect it.

This transformation stuff looks absolutly amazing in a fight. Sorry for the Noob question, because unfortunetly I have no Clou about modding this game, but will this be possible in our own game? I haven´t played DOA 6 since a couple of month. Tomorrow I will start again, so I downloaded the new REDELBE v. 3.0. And begin to collect some mods again. A simple answer would much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I found my answer right above my Post. I didn´t noticed that Post first time I read through the last posts...

On 8/17/2020 at 11:57 AM, vagonumero13 said:

REDELBE updated to 3.0

Changelog:

- Added an option to disable the splash screen. To disable splash screen, set the ini setting "disable_splash" in the [Misc] section to true.
  (Note that disabling the splash screen doesn't remove the game bug that affects some people where the game takes time starting sometimes).
- The random music patch has been extended with a new mode called "fullmix". This mode allows to set several bgm's for each character/stage.
  To enable, set "enable_random_music" to true in the [Random] section of the .ini file, and set "mode" in [RandomMusic] section to fullmix.
  To customize the tracks, edit the file REDELBE/fullmix.ini.
- Added a patch that allows modders to create a mesh transformation mod; the transformation happens when the attacker character does a breakblow or when they do a taunt.
  Modders can implement this like if it were a layer2 breakable costume, and then add "transform = true" in the [General] section of the mod.ini file.
- A layer2 mod of the Sweat stage can now use of the "disable_npc" introduced in previous update.
  (an a version using it can be found in "[Optional] Extras/Story mode stages"

-----------

So, for transformation mod, just do a regular breakable costume, and then have this:

[General]

type = costume

transform = true

And that will make the mesh change on taunt&attack breakblow and disable the regular breakability.

Have in mind that both costume and hair transform (because of this, you could also use this in no breakable costume if you want to achieve only hair transform).

image.png.a136620be3746c7aa11c41fcb46dd976.png

Am i doing it right? It is destructible but if i add "transform = true" like shown in the image, it isnt destructible or changes after a taunt.

Thanks in advice

21 hours ago, Azkni said:

image.png.a136620be3746c7aa11c41fcb46dd976.png

Am i doing it right? It is destructible but if i add "transform = true" like shown in the image, it isnt destructible or changes after a taunt.

Thanks in advice

It seems correct. I just tried, and it doesn't work here either. Maybe somehow the implementation doesn't work properly specifically in this costume or Diego or males, I'll have to research that.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:53 AM, fgh1t6 said:

It looks O.K in Noesis. I do see the 4d skirt clipping with hands, so maybe the COLL do need to be replaced too.

Yes! You are right! A direct replacement of 0.coll file fix the problem:

Reveal hidden contents

1519710088_DEADORALIVE615_08_202013_57_51.png.a910a4f0601b0a9a5de069e597214ede.png

Wow! Does this mean you've figured out how to create new physics-based meshes?