vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

33 minutes ago, Akamanah said:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work on the doa6 modding community. I just tried out REDELBE 0.4 and the new costume feature worked great. Also love the "work" feature.

Out of curiosity, I have a question, imagine I added a new costume to marie's deluxe for example, obviously my opponent online will see the original deluxe outfit, but what happens if he has the exact same mod? Do we see each other's new added costume then? Cause I remember with Autolink in DoA5, even if we both had the same mods, we still couldn't see them.

Keep up the great work!

Yes, if you had exactly the same number of mods for that slot installed, and in the same order (e..g, with same folder name), they would see the same thing, but that's provided that they also selected it.

About the multi-costume, technically REDELBE allows for "infinite" (where infinite is limited by machine resources and the sacred number 2^31) costumes in the same slot, you just use Back/F button/key to cycle through them. Or you meant for them to be in exactly the same .ini? That's not implemented, but you can use a mod with multiple folders in Layer2 to achieve the same thing, anyway.

3 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

Yes, if you had exactly the same number of mods for that slot installed, and in the same order (e..g, with same folder name), they would see the same thing, but that's provided that they also selected it.

About the multi-costume, technically REDELBE allows for "infinite" (where infinite is limited by machine resources and the sacred number 2^31) costumes in the same slot, you just use Back/F button/key to cycle through them. Or you meant for them to be in exactly the same .ini? That's not implemented, but you can use a mod with multiple folders in Layer2 to achieve the same thing, anyway.

For each mod we need to create a separate folder?

36 minutes ago, Aurora Rain said:

@vagonumero13 EDIT:
I also noticed a .ktid and a .ktis
So what are these?

The .ktid (the ones from Material, not the ones from Character, which may actually be ignored or partially ignored by the game) is a text file that tells the game which textures to read. In this example, because Leifang hair has only one component, but the Ayane hair slot where it goes has two components (because of Ayane hair accessory), I dummied the .ktid/kts file (open them with a text editor :p) that would have belonged to ayane hair accessory, so that the game wouldn't load extra textures.

But as a I said, for your example of recoloring an existing hair of that character, you will only need .g1t files, nothing else.

43 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

No, you don't need those files. Ayane example is more complex because I copied files from Leifang.

For new color, you don't even need the "Character" folder at all, only things in "Material". The "Marie Rose Black hair" mod is closer to what you want to do.

Are you sure you are modding the correct files?

by the way, the new hair don't show up in the list, you have to press the "Back" button (or F key) while you are in the hair that that mod uses (for example, my Marie Rose black hair mod, you have to be in her default hair, press Back/F, and you'll see the color change to Black).

I found the problem, I had the folder hierarchy and file path incorrect.
It's meant to go: \Dead or Alive 6\REDELBE\Layer2\ "My Mod" \Material

I failed to set that up properly.
Sorry for the oversight xD

Yeah, I guess I misread the instructions for setting up the folders :P

11 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

The .ktid (the ones from Material, not the ones from Character) is a text file that tell the game which textures to read.

^ I wish to know how to extract and edit these because I will need this for future mods I have planned which are way more complex.

Is there a guide doing that yet?

9 minutes ago, Aurora Rain said:

^ I wish to know how to extract and edit these because I will need this for future mods I have planned which are way more complex.

Is there a guide doing that yet?

The .ktid files from Material (which always have to have a matching.kts) are something like this:

Spoiler

;
; texture index,filename
;
0,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsalb]
1,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsrfr]
2,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsnmh]
3,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsocc]
4,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsair]
5,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsshl]
6,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsmm1]
7,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsmm2]
8,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidswtm]

It will make the game read those files from Material. However have in mind one thing: atm, you can only specify files that already exist in the .rdb, not new file names. This may change in the future, as I will sooner or later add possibility of adding files that don't exist in the game.

Also, note that the [] in these text there aren't regular [], they are different characters..., so always edit these files by copy pasting each entry and then modifying what you want.

The matching .kts file is something more complex, like this:

Spoiler

;
; texstage count
;
###
;
; standard tex count
;
###
;
; Tex stage index included specularmap
;
###
;
; TextureID, Texture UV index, RGB usage, Alpha usage, RGB field Blending operation, Alpha field Blending operation
;

The number of textures in the kts and ktid should probably match.... i guess.

30 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

The .ktid files from Material (which always have to have a matching.kts) are something like this:

Hide contents

;
; texture index,filename
;
0,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsalb]
1,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsrfr]
2,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsnmh]
3,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsocc]
4,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsair]
5,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsshl]
6,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsmm1]
7,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidsmm2]
8,CE1ResourceStaticTexture[MPR_Muscle_Character_MARCOS003_a01_01_kidswtm]

It will make the game read those files from Material. However have in mind one thing: atm, you can only specify files that already exist in the .rdb, not new file names. This may change in the future, as I will sooner or later add possibility of adding files that don't exist in the game.

Also, note that the [] in these text there aren't regular [], they are different characters..., so always edit these files by copy pasting each entry and then modifying what you want.

The matching .kts file is something more complex, like this:

Hide contents

;
; texstage count
;
###
;
; standard tex count
;
###
;
; Tex stage index included specularmap
;
###
;
; TextureID, Texture UV index, RGB usage, Alpha usage, RGB field Blending operation, Alpha field Blending operation
;

The number of textures in the kts and ktid should probably match.... i guess.

Wow, thank you for the info.
I guess I'll be waiting on that then whenever the feature is added.

29 minutes ago, StormBrеaker91 said:

Do you mean the guide from KT? ?
What is the guide here, what are you talking about?

Lol, no that's not what I mean, vagonumero has already helped me though, thank you.

5 minutes ago, spinn06 said:

@vagonumero13 

Thank you for the great tool.
There is one request.
If possible, is it possible to be able to select costumes placed on Layer 2 when randomly selected in Character Select?

I am sorry for the difficulty because I use English as Google translation.

Don't worry, randomization is important for me and it is in the roadmap for some future version.

I've updated g1mtools to version 0,5

Changelog:

- g1m_export now has the option to export a vgmap file to be used with @ausgeek blender scripts.

To export vgmaps, use the .bat file "g1m_export_with_vgmap.bat", instead of the exe. (Note: the bat will also export the vb/ib).

- g1m_import will import a .vgmap, if it exists next to a .vb/.ib file.

- g1m2fbx: in some circumstances, the program failed to load costume.oid file. Also, now if an .oid is found next to the g1m, it will use that instead for the bones names. Additionally, the convention for unnamed bones has been changed to match the one used by ausgeek scripts.

REDELBE updated to version 0.5. Note: from this version, REDELBE only supports game version 1.04a or greater.

I left the old 0.4 there for people with lower version, but I won't keep that file forever.

Changelog:

- Fixed compatibility with game version 1.04a.
- Layer2: added support for the pirates of the sea costumes.
- REDELBE can now support the file names of the pirates of the sea costumes (matching rdbtool 0.4)
- Layer2 costume mods now count towards randomization of costumes (enabled by default)
  This apply to the following game modes: Versus, Arcade, Time Attack and Survival (both player and cpu).
  If you don't want this feature, it can be disabled in the .ini.
  It doesn't apply to hair mods, since the game doesn't randomize original hairs either (something for this will be optionally added in the future)

---

rdbtool updated to version 0.4 with following changes:

- Added support for the filenames of the pirates of the sea costumes (CharacterEditor/MaterialEditor).

- Additional wedding costume filenames of MaterialEditor are now available.

41 minutes ago, FouGilang said:

i can't find the files for the new honoka win pose

pls fix

Which files aer you talking about? Are you talking about some .g1a file?

Anyway, you have to understand that since 1.02, the file names for new files are not available anymore. What I'm doing with new costume file names is crcking them with an "intelligent cracker" I made (I crack the file names in advance in my pc, and add the results to rdbtool and REDELBE).

My cracker is currently ignoring anything  that is not in CharacterEditor or MaterialEditor. Maybe some day I will crack some of the file names of other rdb, but it is just that they don't seem to be as important for modding as CharacterEditor/MaterialEditor

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Which files aer you talking about? Are you talking about some .g1a file?

Anyway, you have to understand that since 1.02, the file names for new files are not available anymore. What I'm doing with new costume file names is crcking them with an "intelligent cracker" I made (I crack the file names in advance in my pc, and add the results to rdbtool and REDELBE).

My cracker is currently ignoring anything  that is not in CharacterEditor or MaterialEditor. Maybe some day I will crack some of the file names of other rdb, but it is just that they don't seem to be as important for modding as CharacterEditor/MaterialEditor

i see

yes it was .g1a file

so i guess it's one of those unnamed files like 0x6a8c508f.g1a?