Jump to content
PaganPurity

Game freezes when switching to dog

Recommended Posts

My game seems to suddenly hate pets. Playing is possible as long as I control a human sim, as soon as I switch to a dog the game freezes completely. At first I suspected the last issue of KW but even if I go back to an older version the freeze persists. Anyone an idea what could case this? Except for KW and some nraas stuff I only got CC like clothes, houses etc.

Share this post


Link to post

Have you tried this with a brand new game, versus loading a saved game? I have had problems in the past where something in a save got corrupted, so I am wondering if your problem might be similar. My problems were worked around by finding an older copy of a saved game that didn't have the corruption in it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2019 at 3:59 PM, PaganPurity said:

My game seems to suddenly hate pets. Playing is possible as long as I control a human sim, as soon as I switch to a dog the game freezes completely. At first I suspected the last issue of KW but even if I go back to an older version the freeze persists. Anyone an idea what could case this? Except for KW and some nraas stuff I only got CC like clothes, houses etc.

 

hey, Pagan,

Pets has been a problematic expansion from its very beginning — 2011, if i'm not wrong — hence this is an old hate issue. 🙂 
i would do as FreakyRufus suggests: start a brand new game, and see how it goes from there. also, it is a good practice to perform a basic cachet clean-up before starting any game — either a new or a saved one. you shall find this info here in case you haven't done it before.

 

hope this helps. good simming, Pagan.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, FreakyRufus said:

Have you tried this with a brand new game, versus loading a saved game? I have had problems in the past where something in a save got corrupted, so I am wondering if your problem might be similar. My problems were worked around by finding an older copy of a saved game that didn't have the corruption in it.

 

On 4/15/2019 at 2:44 AM, ZenBuddhist said:

 

hey, Pagan,

Pets has been a problematic expansion from its very beginning — 2011, if i'm not wrong — hence this is an old hate issue. 🙂 
i would do as FreakyRufus suggests: start a brand new game, and see how it goes from there. also, it is a good practice to perform a basic cachet clean-up before starting any game — either a new or a saved one. you shall find this info here in case you haven't done it before.

 

hope this helps. good simming, Pagan.

So first, thanks to you both for the replies. I cleaned my cache files and tried again with an new game and an old game but the problem persists. As soon as I swith to the dog in life mode the game just stops and can only be ended with the taskmanager.

Share this post


Link to post

hello, Pagan,
 

On 4/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, PaganPurity said:

So first, thanks to you both for the replies. I cleaned my cache files and tried again with an new game and an old game but the problem persists. As soon as I swith to the dog in life mode the game just stops and can only be ended with the taskmanager.

 

first of all: you're welcome.
 

since you tried both approaches, and because the game began crashing for no reason, i presume it's not a game or hardware issue; it is most probably an external element (Mod, CC, or Cache file) interfering with TS3's mechanics. even so, it's a good idea to read this article on hardware and Windows related crashes.

 

in cases like this, one should try to find the problem by working it reversely and eliminating its variables. hence — if you may:


1. run TS3 without NRaas: please move its modules outside “/The Sims 3/Mods/“ folder and start the game;

 

2. if TS3 shows no problem, then one of NRaas modules got somehow corrupted. you should do a clean reinstall of the modules you had originally installed. yet;

 

3. if the problem continues, place NRaas modules back into their original location (inside the “/Mods/“ folder), and run the game without KW modules;

 

4. if TS3 works fine, probably one of KW's modules got corrupted, and you should do a clean reinstall of its packages;

 

5. if the issue persists, place KW modules back to their original location and repeat the process with the installed CC files, then with two little files that reside inside “/The Sims 3/DCCache/“ entitled “missingdeps.idx” and “dcc.ent” (note: when you run TS3 again, these files will be regenerated, so there's no need to place them back);

 

6. should the problem remain, then move the entire “/The Sims 3/“ folder to the desktop and run TS3 once again so it can generate a new “/The Sims 3/“ folder inside “/Documents/.”

 

7. run TS3, configure the game to your specs, quit, then move/overwrite the following content (folders/files) from “Desktop/The Sims 3/” to the afresh “Documents/The Sims 3/“ folder:
• “/Mods/”
• “/Collections/“
• “ContentPatch”
• “CurrentGame.sims3”
• “DeviceConfig.log”
• “/Downloads/“
• “/FeaturedItems/“
• “/IGACache/“
• “/InstalledWorlds/“
• “/Library/“
• “/Recorded Videos/“ (if you have any)
• “/SavedOutfits/“ (if you have any)
• “/SavedSims/“ (if you have any)
• “/Saves/“
• “userPresets.package”
• “/WorldCaches/“

if you have any DCC (Downloaded Custom Content) installed, you’ll have to reinstall them.

 

that should do it.

i believe you know that a modded TS3 requires work and patience. also: Mods/CCs/Caches can get corrupted after some playing.

if the problem lingers, please feel free to get in touch.


cheers — ciao!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...