Lithia<3

[mod] [Stellaris] Lustful Void - WIP

15 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

As this is still a framework I try not to outright ask for translators, but I don't turn them down either. Just know that things will probably change a lot as development progresses.

you may add  %modroot%/localisation/russian/lv_diplomacy_l_russian.yml with content from your english original, just change 1 line l_english: to l_russian: for an example.

So ppls with get at least english localisation instead of example_trait_leader_02.

If u use some control version system i can do it by myself+ using for an example git will make work for translators much easier. I attach my localization folder as example .

localisation.7z

8 minutes ago, Nashley said:

When I chose the middle option of this event, the game freezes and crash to desktop.

That is the start option for something interesting.

How can this be solved? 

Looks like it's because that tries to give you a tech that doesn't exist in this mod, cyber sextoys.

Since I couldn't really continue my save anyway because the monthly calculation started to take so long, I started to make some changes to the mod.

Basically I used the code from the all male event, which gives all male species back their growth speed and let it also search for all female species that have the possibility to breed. And instead of giving the result a gender specific temp trait, I used an uni gender breeding temp trait.

Also I added a small base growth speed to the IC trait itself and disabled the IC Womp/Sperm/Robot events.

Runs good now, monthly check is barely noticeably now and way less temp trait spam :D

Don't worry I already fixed that a few days ago. It will be part of the next release.

Also...

22 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

...but again these events will change drastically soon lol.

I'm reworking them right now...so just be patient lol

13 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

i have a big problem, if more then one race starts with intercompatible traits, there will be a ton of different races later in the game, and it seem to cause massive stutters each month. to the point it takes up to 10 seconds each month. is there a way to prevent AI controlled species to have intercompatible traits?

Maybe make the intercompatible traits non-random so only the player can seed in as many or few as they want? Dunno if that would work.

Gotta say, this is an excellent mod. Just enough sexy fun times mixed in with standard space-4x fare that I'm actually having fun with Stellaris since I stopped playing it in I don't know how long ago (feels like years, not long after it came out, really). Love to see this developed further.

Have an idea for you though. How about a male equivalent of physogastric oviposition? Basically a race would have very few males (not no-male), and their sole purpose in life is to mate with as many females as they can, non-stop, every day, all day long. Maybe call it brood-stud or something. I dunno, I'm bad at making up names...

I'm not certain what traits to that effect meaningfully accomplish.  It's descriptive, but it describes something the game does not really model and cannot be reasonably made to model, meaning all you can do is toss on some fairly arbitrary effects.

Oh, which reminds me.  Lithia, I noticed there were some comments in the species traits files about checking whether certain effects were valid when applied to a species (planet crime, border friction, trade attractiveness, influence generation); you've likely already investigated, but it appears that they are not.

This has to be a bug... I started a species that was Exclusively Female with Intercompatible Wombs, inspired by the Asari in Mass Effect.

I was expecting a really difficult game with no Pop growth until I could get migrants in to provide breeders for my citizens; and I found it odd when my Pop growth seemed unchanged.

Then about 60 years in I get an event that says all of my population has become exclusively male and can only breed with robots because there are no females left... Um. What?!?

There is clearly some funky interaction happening between those traits. Surely the Exclusively Female trait should make that event impossible? At least without some long intermediate stage of 'balanced' genders?

23 minutes ago, TheCaptn said:

This has to be a bug... I started a species that was Exclusively Female with Intercompatible Wombs, inspired by the Asari in Mass Effect.

I was expecting a really difficult game with no Pop growth until I could get migrants in to provide breeders for my citizens; and I found it odd when my Pop growth seemed unchanged.

Then about 60 years in I get an event that says all of my population has become exclusively male and can only breed with robots because there are no females left... Um. What?!?

There is clearly some funky interaction happening between those traits. Surely the Exclusively Female trait should make that event impossible? At least without some long intermediate stage of 'balanced' genders?

There is actually a check to stop that from happening and this is the first time someone reported something like that...try the new version and if it happens again I'll see what I can do.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, Lithia<3 said:
Changelog:

v0.3.1 "hot-fix"
All interbreeder traits cost 4 now. And yes I know I can make them not be randomized.
More trait points and picks to compensate.

This kinda threw my custom species into chaos a bit. In particular my poor Succubi ended up with -20% Habitability overall, their home planet is only 90% Habitable, and identical biomes are only 60%. : / But I'm giving it a fresh shot. No bugs so far...

Is it possible to have a interbreeder trait that does not produce hybrids? So something that would increase the growth of the species with other Xenos around on the planet, whilst decreasing the Xenos growth rate, slowly changing the planet population to favour the interbreeding species? 

So trying out the new hotfix now, I will let you know if I find any bugs.

My hot take on the balance changes: The change to cost 4 on the breeding traits seems... inelegant. Interbreeding of species is king of the reason we are all here, so making this cost 4 along with the "all female/male" traits feels like a limitation of creative freedom rather than a progressive balance change. It makes it prohibitively expensive to take one of both. Is there any way to code these traits to be less appealing for the AI to pick? I feel like these sexy traits are more descriptive rather than hard stat modifiers so I am of the opinion that they should be cheep and not consume many choice slots.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for taking on this project and it's nice to get back into Stellaris in a way that wouldn't bore me to death.

I do wish to double down on the lag issues people speak of in mid-late game understanding that this mod is a WIP.

Right now the primary thing I see as an issue are the temporary inter-breeding traits.  While they are a nice idea they turn your species pages into a nightmare and add a massive load to an already weakly optimized Stellaris primary engine.

While they are a creative idea I'd like to recommend they get shelved for the time being until a more load friendly way to put them into play is discovered.

One solution to the hybrid bloat is to make the hybrid event do something other than make hybrids. Lock actual hybridization behind the accention perk.

You could make it so it boosts stability, xenophile attraction and population growth.

Another thought is that it could give you a tempory modifire to your pops, Some kind of "hybrid vigor". Like habitability for a given type or population growth or the cost to run the modifide species project. You could make it random, maybe with negative modifires as well as a they might have a bad mix.

1 hour ago, blightedmarsh said:

One solution to the hybrid bloat is to make the hybrid event do something other than make hybrids. Lock actual hybridization behind the accention perk.

You could make it so it boosts stability, xenophile attraction and population growth.

Another thought is that it could give you a tempory modifire to your pops, Some kind of "hybrid vigor". Like habitability for a given type or population growth or the cost to run the modifide species project. You could make it random, maybe with negative modifires as well as a they might have a bad mix.

Locking it behind the ascension perk limits it to xenophile races so that may not be optimal. If you could force the perk on at the beginning of the game for everyone that may reduce the overhead as you are making use of an already implemented system. The problem as I understand it though is the developer might not have that much freedom to play with the system as they want to without risking breaking other interrelated systems already in the game.

12 hours ago, TheCaptn said:

Are you sure it actually changed your starting species, and not some other species that migrated to your planet?  Because yes, both being all-female and having intercompatible wombs each make it impossible for that to happen.  And conversely, having intercompatible wombs means your species can cause that to happen to other species.

2 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Locking it behind the ascension perk limits it to xenophile races so that may not be optimal.

How do you figure?  Aren't most of the ascension perks universal?  Plus, I'd think intercompatible races would be inherently xenophilic anyhow.

I think its a pretty good idea, though I don't know if it would actually fix the problem, since non-player empires could take those perks anyhow, right?

2 hours ago, snarfies said:

How do you figure?  Aren't most of the ascension perks universal?  Plus, I'd think intercompatible races would be inherently xenophilic anyhow.

I think its a pretty good idea, though I don't know if it would actually fix the problem, since non-player empires could take those perks anyhow, right?

Specifically the xeno-compatability perk requires xenophile; at least one other race; and gene tailoring researched. The benefit and potential flaw with using xeno-compatability as the base for a larger mod project is that it is already integrated into the game. The ai is programmed to work with the system and should be able to use it more capably then something grafted into the game; conversely fiddling with something that is already embedded into the game is a lot more difficult to do without breaking other parts of the code in unexpected ways. At least that is my limited understanding of the problem.

While we wait for the next version, I'm completed my efficiency overhaul of the events assigning temporary inter-breeding traits; if anyone who was finding the mid/late game slow wants to try with these replacements, I'm curious to see how much (if any) of an improvement you see.  I believe it should(?) be possible to simply drop them into an existing game safely, but it might screw up existing species traits.  Not sure about that one.

It also blocks off the AI from randomly starting with or modding its species to have all female/male, or to be brood parasites, or have intercompatible organs, though custom-designed empires species can still have these traits if you set them to spawn.  Adds in an (currently unlocalized) temporary trait for all-female species breeding with xeno males, like the one for the reverse situation.

Additionally, I've reconfigured the hybridization event so that a hybrid can only be created if at least one of the contributing species has not created a hybrid before, with the resultant species also counting as "hybridized" for this check.  It's not quite perfectly sensible (it means, for example, that if A makes a hybrid with B, and C makes one with D, then A and C cannot hybridize when they meet each other.)  But it should certainly cut down on the species spam, which I think is good.  (And the most common situation, player species A making hybrids with B, and C, and D, and E... still works).

(It also reverts the species points/max traits from the hotfix, along with the 4 point cost of the cross-breeding traits)

Just unzip the contents into the mod folder, overwriting as necessary, if you want to give it a try.

alterations.zip

Well, I use All-Male/Female and Intercompatibility to represent one gender having enslaved the other, and run a Xenophobe Empire to turn everyone I conquer (who's cute) into green-skinned space babe sex slaves.  So. . . your mileage may vary, is what I'm getting at.