Love what you have done so far, though I think the Hybrid Events are still happening a bit too much. I've been thinking about the single sex trait, and while it makes sense considering the intercompatible traits, maybe adding a trait called Assexual reproduction to give a 30% boost to pop speed but only selectable in the initial setup? It would still debuff, but still give a reasonable start and account for a species that evolved into a monogender, because they most definitely would not have tech assist early on. And would help if/when you add a Futa trait that you mentioned earlier.

32 minutes ago, Dagome_Iudex said:

I have no idea. What does the game support? I know certain event chains like the worm add Traits, but I do not know how the game handles it.  

I meant, how would you describe them getting these parasites? In a sexual way, or a harmful way...because harmful isn't really my thing.

20 minutes ago, keflyn said:

Love what you have done so far, though I think the Hybrid Events are still happening a bit too much. I've been thinking about the single sex trait, and while it makes sense considering the intercompatible traits, maybe adding a trait called Assexual reproduction to give a 30% boost to pop speed but only selectable in the initial setup? It would still debuff, but still give a reasonable start and account for a species that evolved into a monogender, because they most definitely would not have tech assist early on. And would help if/when you add a Futa trait that you mentioned earlier.

Silly hybrids event...I'll make it happen even less then lol. As for the traits, those will eventually become event only traits or something you have to research. What they do now is just to make them sort of playable...but more traits like futa (even though it's not really my thing) are planned, don't worry.

Part of the problem, which I've been thinking about myself, is that as coded there's no limit to how many new species can emerge from cross-breeding even two of them.  (And if the "biodiversity" effects are in play, it increases the rate of hybrid formation based on the number of species already in the country, thereby accelerating over time.)  Probably the ideal would be to limit hybrids to one per combination, and not allow hybrids to further hybridize.  However, I can't think of any good way to make the game remember if a particular combination has already happened.

Have you considered working with the cross-breeding mechanic introduced in 2.2, the one that normally requires an ascension perk?  It might be possible to force that into shape...I haven't actually played with that perk yet, but I was under the impression that it does restrict how many half-breeds are created.

On the other hand, it seems like there's a lot of complaints of species clutter even with that.

@vunrtdofrt Maybe a custom ascension perk that hijacks some of the base game mechanics could work. It would make the event obsolete since from what I can tell they really embedded that system into the base game. As an example, just commenting out that ascension perk actually breaks ship upgrades for some reason lol...anyway I'll see what I can do, probably within this week.

7 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

meant, how would you describe them getting these parasites? In a sexual way, or a harmful way...because harmful isn't really my thing.

I'd make it VERY sexual. I'd be good, I just need to know if there is the right infrastructure to support that kind of thing. 

10 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

@vunrtdofrt Maybe a custom ascension perk that hijacks some of the base game mechanics could work. It would make the event obsolete since from what I can tell they really embedded that system into the base game. As an example, just commenting out that ascension perk actually breaks ship upgrades for some reason lol...anyway I'll see what I can do, probably within this week.

Would it be possible to switch the ascension perk "on" all the time? I don't know the script, but could you make it so every faction starts with this ascension perk at the beginning of the game regardless? You may not be able to bend it to your will as easily as something you make yourself, but I think it would be less prone to odd interactions.

5 hours ago, Dagome_Iudex said:

I'd make it VERY sexual. I'd be good, I just need to know if there is the right infrastructure to support that kind of thing. 

Parasite by nature would be harmful to host though, so I would assume it comes with an cost?

2 hours ago, Tex said:

Parasite by nature would be harmful to host though, so I would assume it comes with an cost?

7 hours ago, Dagome_Iudex said:

why do i get feeling you want the breeder species from Xsprays comics. 

4 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Would it be possible to switch the ascension perk "on" all the time? I don't know the script, but could you make it so every faction starts with this ascension perk at the beginning of the game regardless? You may not be able to bend it to your will as easily as something you make yourself, but I think it would be less prone to odd interactions.

I haven't tested yet, but I suspect it should be possible; the game has a rule for whether for whether you can crossbreed species on a planet that checks for its owner having the xeno compatibility ascension perk.  If that check is removed, it should allow it without the perk...in theory.

I haven't been taking it out, in my modifications, but I really question the purpose of the "cognitive dissonance" modifier that reproducing robots can get when part of a determined exterminator civilization.   I get the in-universe logic, but it's hard to imagine a player seeing that - putting synthetic wombs on your murderbots serves no practical purpose, and this just adds another detriment on top of that, at the cost of more monthly "check every pop in the galaxy" overhead.  I would really suggest removing it.

3 hours ago, vunrtdofrt said:

I haven't tested yet, but I suspect it should be possible; the game has a rule for whether for whether you can crossbreed species on a planet that checks for its owner having the xeno compatibility ascension perk.  If that check is removed, it should allow it without the perk...in theory.

game_rules/rules.txt

can_crossbreed_species_on_planet = {
	exists = owner
	owner = { has_ascension_perk = ap_xeno_compatibility }
	count_species = {
		limit = { 
			is_crossbreeding_possible = yes
		}
		count >= 2
	}
}

The Red-Light Demeanour mod on Steam uses it to make its cross-species brothels work.

Just have to add in an OR= condition to check for species traits in addition to the ascension perk condition and the game will do the crossbreeding for hybrids on its own.

12 hours ago, Dagome_Iudex said:

Before you write the whole thing, give me a short example and I'll tell you if I'd make it or not.

4 hours ago, Eldritch_Prince said:

Are you planning on adding anything for hive-minds, civic wise?

Eventually yes, but probably after "stage 3"...so not yet.

Anyway, I've been thinking about making that custom ascension perk and it's probably the way to go. I've also had an idea for a workaround to those "temp" traits...so expect them to be removed soon.

Lithia, I'm having a little trouble figuring out exactly what you're intending to check for in the trigger section of the interbreeding events.  The relevant code is as follows:

any_pop = {
	pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_womb
}
OR = {
	AND = {
		any_pop = {
			NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_womb }
			NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_all_female }
			NOT = { is_robot_pop = yes }
		}
		any_pop = {
			NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_womb }
			OR = {
				pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_sperm
				pop_has_trait = trait_lv_all_male
				NOT = { pop_has_ethic = ethic_xenophobe }
			}
		}
	}
}

The first part checks that there is a suitable species with females who can interbreed.  The second...you've got OR = { AND = { nested in such a way that they effectively do nothing, both of the inner conditions still have to be true.  The first inner condition makes sense; you're verifying that there's a different species that has men in it.  I can't tell the purpose of the second inner condition, though.  It's a different species, but one that's either all male, or has intercompatible sperm, or just...has any members that aren't xenophobes, which is almost guaranteed to be satisfied by someone satisfying the first inner condition.

Actually, writing this out, I think may have just gotten it - you're trying to ensure that a xenophobic species, with women of its own, who don't have intercompatible sperm, won't make use of alien women?  As it is, though, that's a kind of pointless check, since one of those conditions is not like the others.  Being all male is rare, and having intercompatible sperm is rare, but having at least one pop be something other than xenophobic is virtually guaranteed.  Even fanatic purifiers will have some authoritarians or spiritualists.  If you want this to be a meaningful check, it should probably be changed from requiring "not xenophobe" to requiring "xenophile."

10 minutes ago, Lithia<3 said:

Anyway, I've been thinking about making that custom ascension perk and it's probably the way to go. I've also had an idea for a workaround to those "temp" traits...so expect them to be removed soon. 

Hah, hell, I've just spent a painful amount of time trying to optimise the events that hand them out.  What's the new system you're picturing, if you don't mind my asking?

Here's what I've done thusfar, anyway.  Went through most of the 'maintenance' style events, trying to minimize the number of times they called every_pop or every_planet, likewise the number of times duplicate events doing the same thing would be called simultaneously, et cetera.  I didn't see that much in the way of outright bugs to fix, just tightening up the code.  Maybe those changes are now pointless, though!

alterations.zip

@vunrtdofrt Aw I'm sorry, but trust me this will probably work better. As for your first question, that's actually left over code from SG. As you said they effectively did nothing, so I thought he must have had some reason for it (maybe) and as long as they don't cause any problems, I just left them there for now...but again these events will change drastically soon lol.

@Lithia<3  Hey!  Thank you so much for making this mod.  It's been exciting and fun and I've been checking since you first made your posts in the other topics.  Can I recommend putting a Version/Changelog in the original post?  It would make it easier to glance and see if/when you've updated the mod.

1 hour ago, kiargo said:

It may one day ready some minimal suport to not read "example_trait_leader_02" to other languages? Just asking

As this is still a framework I try not to outright ask for translators, but I don't turn them down either. Just know that things will probably change a lot as development progresses.

3 minutes ago, ChaoQueen said:

@Lithia<3  Hey!  Thank you so much for making this mod.  It's been exciting and fun and I've been checking since you first made your posts in the other topics.  Can I recommend putting a Version/Changelog in the original post?  It would make it easier to glance and see if/when you've updated the mod.

Sure, I can do that. I'll start adding it to the main post when I release the next version. ;)

Man, I have to say you did good on this mod, and looking at a recent patch, I am glad that certain things have been reigned in.

I started a game with servile pops with inter-compatible wombs and before my second colony, I had 3 different hybrid species, and when my colonies were established, wildlife started mating with my pops as soon as the colony was founded. It was kind of fucking hilarious to think that one of the first thing my colonists did as soon as the made landfall, was to start fucking the local fauna though, so I didn't mind to much.

Again, excellent work you have here!

*Downloads updated version of the mod that added MASSA and anomalies*

*None appear*

Hey-

*remembers anomalies are seeded at galaxy creation, I'm using an older save.*

Oh.....

Question! Why is there like, FIVE different traits for that sweet sweet ass? I mean, I like the booty myself, but except filler for the random gen AI, who would bother taking one or more when you have such limited trait slots in the first place? Again, like the filler, but perhaps making a unified trait that has breeder hips, prestigious rear, and the other traits into one and give it a good bonus with correlating cost would be more space efficient for the screen. 

Other than that loving the mod! If only I'd actually get some sexy events, I know its working cause the traits are all there and work, just not... getting any events. ? 

Keep up the good work in the mean time! I'll continue playing my sex crazed expansionists (God they're so much mroe balanced now! :D )

i have a big problem, if more then one race starts with intercompatible traits, there will be a ton of different races later in the game, and it seem to cause massive stutters each month. to the point it takes up to 10 seconds each month. is there a way to prevent AI controlled species to have intercompatible traits?

I played with this mod the last couple of days, so I guess it's time for some feedback :)

First, I'm happy to see this mod. This mod was basically the reason for me to start stellaris again.

Also I know it's a wip version. But that shouldn't hinder me to give feedback on things I noticed :)

The most important thing for me atm is the calculation each month. I'm now towards the endgame and the monthly stutter is now up to half a minute. It basically starts to get unplayable. When I disable the mod and load the same save, the stutter is barely noticeable. So yeah, it seems to come from the massive monthly scan from LV.

I was thinking about simplifying things.

All male for example has that temp trait that counters the growth penalty when there are xeno females with IC womb around. All female doesn't have this. They basically get their counter trait from the temp IC womb. The thing is, does it need that temp IC traits?

I would suggest to give all female the same counter as all male and get rid of that dozen IC temp traits. For me, that IC mechanic is to enable cross breeding.  A small growth boost can be on the trait itself.

Also I would suggest to combine IC sperm and womb into one trait. In function both does the same while scanning the pops twice for each trait. Also, it's possible to give one species both traits when their not semi gender. I did that with my species and the result was a total 60% growth boost with no All male/female penalty, even when no xeno pop was around.

Next would be trait costs and that parasite trait.

In my game, at one point every civ was a brood parasite. because it's free. Also, every pop was either all male or female, because free trait! :D Here I would suggest to make them at least cost 1 point to discourage the AI to pick them all the time.

Also, that brood parasite growth buff with 100% seems way to much. I know, that counts as balancing but I find it worth mentioning.

I had in my game a xeno race that was star born, nomadic and brood parasite. They overrun all the galaxy.

Last but not least the temp traits itself. It's mentioned before that they start to get messy at some point. When I want to look at a species in the galaxy wide window that sits somewhere in the middle, I'm scrolling forever. An alternative to those traits would be preferable. I think you wrote you have something in mind. But also the amount of possible buffs.

Like I said, IC would be fine with a small buff. Compared to vanilla traits around 5%, since the main function is to enable cross breeding. That can be applied on the trait itself so no temp (and calculation) is needed. Also, it wouldn't counter the all female/male penalty alone.

In summery:

- Lesser/combined traits, lesser monthly calculation.

- Lower numbers.

- Give that free traits a cost so Ai won't pick it everytime.

Cheers :)

6 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

i have a big problem, if more then one race starts with intercompatible traits, there will be a ton of different races later in the game, and it seem to cause massive stutters each month. to the point it takes up to 10 seconds each month. is there a way to prevent AI controlled species to have intercompatible traits?

Seconded - I gave up on my first game running Lustful Void due to this issue, though I understand it should be less common in the newer releases.  We'll see, I guess!

I've started a new game using .3.  Love the new events, my only complaint is I want more events!

I'm trying out a Corporation for the first time... its okay, I guess.  I'm not all that taken with it yet.  But what might make it a little more fun?  Being able to build Xeno-Brothels!  As I understand it the criminal corporations have different building that jack up crime, so maybe you'd need two different versions.