On 9/9/2021 at 11:40 AM, Lithia<3 said:

Hi again!

With the new changes though, I can make things like traits, jobs and civics work a lot better. I can even make some lewd traditions finally since it looks like they're adding a way to not have to overwrite anything (which causes a lot of incompatibilities) so there's that to look forward to as well among other things.

Also sorry if I missed any messages! I'll try to get to them as soon as I can ?

Yes, yes we can.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:09 AM, Ozvelpoon said:

It is time! 3.1 is here everyone.

So far the only thing that broke for me is that the trait picks and trait points were reverted to vanilla.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the new patch?

Edit: also all my tradition mods got bamboozled by the update; probably going to take some time for the mod authors to figure out the new system. Good news is that they will be more compatible with each other afterwards though!

Nothing happened to the traits in my game.

But what the patch broke is the game balance. The year is about 2320. A machine empire has overtaken about half of the galaxy in a medium map. This never happened before. Basically, it's not even mid-game yet, but there's already an empire causing more trouble than a late-game crisis.

That is not even the biggest fail after the update. The fleet refilling system got broken. A lot of ships are not reaching the fleets and just stopping in one of the systems. This has been happening in every playthrough with a few ships, but this is the first time when there are constantly dozens of ships doing that. Moreover, the fleet composition is getting ruined too. My neat fleets with a capacity of 100 are mysteriously turning into fleets of 127, 108 and so on, even though I don't do any manual management.

May I request a more toned down version of the traits?

The happiness and pop growth buffs are way too OP.

Some empires have several hundred pops just a few years in, allowing them to take over massive swaths of the galaxy with little to no effort.

And I was getting so many pops in one game that I don't have the minerals or time needed to build districts/buildings to give them jobs.

Edited by shuuchi

I actually find 'insanely over-populating' species kind of fun. Just set loose a bunch of rampaging sluts on the galaxy and watch them out-fuck everyone else. :) It's also a bit of a challenge to play, as you're constantly trying to keep them employed, keep planets from overpopulating, keep your borders expanding. Yes, it's utterly OP if you can keep riding that wave, but it's riding that wave that's the point.

I only messed with things a little bit, but I also use the Carrying Capacity mod, and with the changes to pop growth in 3.0, it's possible to effectively halt pop growth entirely on planets after a while. The bonuses are completely over the top to be sure, but barring modding the mod yourself (which isn't terribly difficult), you can work around it. Less habitable planets, lesser growth curves, etc.

I can't even touch this game, LV or not, without like 40 other mods anymore. ?‍♂️

On 9/13/2021 at 12:29 PM, klkadf said:

I made a simplifed Chinese translation file for the mod. It is not a mod but just localisation files. Download, unzip and drag them into the localisation folder.

I don't have time for massive tests, so if there is any mistake or typo do let me know and I will update the files as soon as possbile.

Hope it help more players enjoy the mod. :)

====

Message for Chinese players:

翻译质量:大部分是我肉翻,但是鉴于我的语言水平,恐怕比机翻润色高不了多少。解压之后直接覆盖本地化文件就行。

千万别转回国内,国内最近查得严,之前多彩差点暴毙大家也不是不知道。

如果有任何落翻错翻或者是错字,直接截图联系我,我会尽力第一时间弄上新的。当然,你要是能在贴吧联系我,也欢迎通过贴吧那边向我反馈问题,毕竟我在贴吧可比L网活跃多了。(PS我不换头像的,名字也差不多,应该很容易认出来)

以及抱歉,同胞们,不会搞繁体翻译的。

lustful void汉化.zip 51.33 kB · 2 downloads

可以的,老哥加油!

So, unless there's a fix for this I haven't found yet, this appears to be causing the Industrial Districts on my planets to only provide housing rather than any Metallurgist or Artisan jobs - this is a rather significant issue, as it means I am unable to produce alloys or consumer goods.

Hey!

I'm still reworking the traits and jobs, but it won't take too much longer. Next up will be adding some new things, which will be observation events from MASSA and some lewd traditions! And so I thought I'd get people a bit more involved by making a thingy on pollly. You can go vote on or suggest any lewd traditions you'd like to see, and I'll make the top 1-3 (depending on time) when I'm done with the reworkings part. Here's the link if you feel like voting ? https://poll.ly/#/2NwkroRP

@shuuchi I am reworking traits, so they might be less op in the next update. I aim for just a little stronger than the base game, but I know some are a lot stronger lol. Also yes, forgotten queens have gone through a lot of changes since I added built in support, so it's not compatible anymore.

@KingofSkyrim I will consider it!

@User1842 It's by Nyuunzi and BBC Chan.

poll taken, thanks for asking us ?

saddly im still trying to get Stellaris back up and running. my mod list is pared down to like 26, of which only 5 are not updated to current build ( LV, 20 trait slots, starbase extended, new points of interest generation, and anomaly 100%) but i really cant play without those un-updated mods =(  I had to take out the mod i had that gave 100 to 1 administration points, and just playing without that is seriously going to limit my games.  NPoIG keeps the AI from stealing all the cool space stuff, and A100% makes sure I find them somewhere decently clost to my home system so I dont have to have a ton of unconnected systems, LV is just a must for my gay bois in space, and 20 trait slots lets me make sure those bois are the most hung irresistable critters in the Void!

Ive gone from extremely angry to somewhere between still angry and depressed.  Seriously i log full time working hours on Stellaris usually 40+ hrs a week. Or did before they broke the game again.  I know Im pathetic, and need to get a life but I honestly cant stop sitting here being upset about this.

Anyways Im glad to hear your back and still working on this.  Atleast now I know my bois will still be bois and that sooner or later we will get back to making the whole galaxy love us again!  Thanks again for all that you do!

I do feel your pain ahnkra, but I tend to find that these patches are all in the name of improving the game. I am very happy for instance that they unlocked traditions this time; it had always been a hard thing to mod before and a part of the game that was sorely underutilized.

Its annoying when yor mods break, but also kind of fun taking a look through the workshop and finding new mods!

I think there might be some mod issues that are preventing the game start cloning facilities to spawn with the new humanoid starting origin that involves the clones. When I have lustful void enabled and start a game it doesnt spawn the 2 cloning facilities, however when I disable lustful void and spawn with that same clone empire it will spawn the cloning facilities.  

As to why this is the case I am not sure, I THINK it might have something to do with 'on game start' stuff since that involves building game start buildings, but i cant be sure.

5 hours ago, derpyturtle01 said:

I think there might be some mod issues that are preventing the game start cloning facilities to spawn with the new humanoid starting origin that involves the clones. When I have lustful void enabled and start a game it doesnt spawn the 2 cloning facilities, however when I disable lustful void and spawn with that same clone empire it will spawn the cloning facilities.  

As to why this is the case I am not sure, I THINK it might have something to do with 'on game start' stuff since that involves building game start buildings, but i cant be sure.

I found the problem. It seems that with the update of lem and the addition of the new clone origin, in Stellaris/common/scripted_effects/start_of_game_effects in generate_start_pops the base games version was updated to have the new cloning functionality, but LV's version overides it 

13 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

Hey!

I'm still reworking the traits and jobs, but it won't take too much longer. Next up will be adding some new things, which will be observation events from MASSA and some lewd traditions! And so I thought I'd get people a bit more involved by making a thingy on pollly. You can go vote on or suggest any lewd traditions you'd like to see, and I'll make the top 1-3 (depending on time) when I'm done with the reworkings part. Here's the link if you feel like voting ? https://poll.ly/#/2NwkroRP

Looks like you've had about 300 voters. And a bunch of people added options. Folks who've already voted might want to revisit and check the additions for things they'd like.

13 hours ago, derpyturtle01 said:

I found the problem. It seems that with the update of lem and the addition of the new clone origin, in Stellaris/common/scripted_effects/start_of_game_effects in generate_start_pops the base games version was updated to have the new cloning functionality, but LV's version overides it 

Yeah, this is the same issue that crops up if you're running Forgotten Queens with LV, any LV origin that had multiple species at start would not work. Just rename the start_of_game_effects file to something else (I added xxx_) and it should fix it. This seems to apply for any "start of game" effects. I saw the same thing happen when I had Forgotten Queens running without Lustful Void too.

On the subject of the Clone Army origin, some other fun things I noticed was that all my pops had female portraits - seems they're monogendered based on whatever you pick for your ruler portrait. Not sure how that may interact with monogender traits but something to note. I think there's some fun role playing potential too with a clone army origin empire discovering how sex and babies work.

Well on the positive side i did actually get the game to run again (still have to start via .exe as launcher has been boinked since necroids)  but I had to give up 20 Trait Slots, so my bois arent going to be as wonderful as they were until someone else rewrites that simple mod.  I guess I could always go in to LV and change it there, as If i remember right this mod already changes the number upward a bit (just not enough for me cause I play for RP not balance lol and I want my bois awesome!)

I think this time, once all my favorite mods get updated (assuming they all do, which is never a given) Im going to pull all the steam mods out of their numbered folders, stick them in local folders with actual names so that i can have working copies of everything, when they go and break the game again in a few months and half the mods i use die the NotUpdated Death, and the other half go and update forcing me to update the main game as well if i want to keep using them.

Only problem with that is that 1. its an extreme pain in the butt to do (Remember having to do this for FO4 after they decided to start breaking the game every couple of weeks for their paid mods) and 2. its really easy to mess up if you dont do everything right to keep the main game from accidently getting updated anyways.

But Yeah!  as soon as UIOD MT32 and PT work out a compatibility patch, and If i can remember what mod allowed out posts to have one upper building and one lower build (I always went with solar panel up top and resource storage on the bottom) Ill be back to Pre Patch game play... atleast until they break it again.

per Zorlond's suggestion I went and took a look at the poll again and OMG did i find a funny suggestion i wanted to reshare:

Hive Mind shenanigans (would it be an orgy? or just masturbation, since they're all technically one person? hot nonetheless)
by buttfurry

that got my vote ?

Edited by ahnkra
18 hours ago, ahnkra said:

use die the NotUpdated Death

That's weird - I can still use non-updated mods even when all of my mods besides those from LoversLab came from the Steam workshop - that little "not all of your mods have been updated" indicator just warns you that the game might be unstable/unbalanced. You can still hit play/resume.

Alternatively, you can right click on Stellaris on Steam, go into Properties, go into Betas, and select whatever version you want the game to be rolled back to, and it will roll the game back - useful for completing saves that are incompatible with the latest version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note, if someone can help me figure out what's causing this issue, it'd be amazing, because it means I can't play with this mod.

20210920104923_1.thumb.jpg.34d23b0678148b45786d6e81c33a33f2.jpg

As you can see, my capital, in this newly started game just to show what's going on, has no Artisan or Metallurgist jobs in the Industrial District, and accordingly has unemployed pops.

This also effects Alloy Foundries and Civilian Industries, thus making it impossible to get more Alloys or Consumer Goods without cheating/cheesing game systems. This is, as you can imagine, a problem. I would greatly appreciate help in figuring out what's causing this, because at this point I've pared the installation down to everything short of throwing out UI Overhaul and the portrait pack I'm using.

20210920105442_1.jpg

20210920105447_1.jpg

I think it's been long enough, so time to close the poll. That means the following 1-3 traditions will be made:

1. Breeding/Growth

2. Sex/Prostitution

3. Tentacles

If you voted for something else then don't worry, there will probably be more polls and things in the future!

I wonder if it is actually possible to put the sex traits in their own trait categories. That way they don't conflict with the default ones, or traits added in other mods. There should be a whole new area for empire building in this mod. Customize your species regular/default traits, then select your sexual traits on another screen. Is that possible to add?

14 hours ago, Boyar said:

Does anyone know how to fix the trait points when creating a race? If earlier cheat gave 99 to all values, now only on the 1st. Or will it be fixed in the update? Is it planned at all?

The cheat has only worked on the points and not the picks ever since I started using the mod. Stellaris\common\species_archetypes is the folder with 00_species_archtypes file if you want to change the values yourself. I recommend using Irony Mod Manager and its custom patch tool.

Edited by Isangrad