Lithia<3

[mod] [Stellaris] Lustful Void - WIP

19 hours ago, recapt said:

can anyone tell me how to make perfect hybrids

You kinda can't.

Well, there is a way to get a Perfect Hybrid in-game, but you can't make it happen. If you leave the Bio Hybrids system active, every now and then any of your planets with more than one species on it will create a new species. This is random, doesn't happen that often, and the new species usually sucks. But every time one new hybrid is made, it has a one-percent chance of being a Psionic Perfect Hybrid. So it's entirely possible to go an entire game with Bio Hybrids turned on and not see one Perfect Hybrid turn up.

The alternate method is to open /Lustful Void/common/traits/lv_species_traits.txt in a text editor, do a search for trait_lv_perfect_hybrid (it's down at line 2023), and change the 'initial = no' into 'initial = yes'. Then you can create a Perfect Hybrid in the initial empire creation system. You could also change 'modification = no' to 'modification = yes' if you prefer to pick it up later in a run, but that opens it up for the AI to use, not recommended.

PSA:

If you get a crash on the new 3.0.3 non beta patch it is not because of LV!

It's the dynamic overhaul that crashes the game. Either wait till they update it or use the beta addon in your mod lineup.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:54 PM, Courier70 said:

Not sure if this has been answered or not, but I can't seem to get Parallel Evolution, Sadomasochistic Evolution, or Symbiotic Evolution to work. My empire spawns with only the primary species. Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a fix?

I had the same problem. I got it to work by removing the Forgotten Queens mod, even though the patch notes say that the mods should be compatible. I've no idea why it happens.

7 hours ago, Fliits said:

I had the same problem. I got it to work by removing the Forgotten Queens mod, even though the patch notes say that the mods should be compatible. I've no idea why it happens.

Clear. And then I began to think that something is wrong with the mod itself. Well ... OK. I can do without Forgotten Queens for now.

I had an idea for a civic. It was inspired by a leader trait called 'Sex Trophy Collector' in the All You Need Is Loving mod (which sadly hasn't been updated since 2.8.1).

Civic: Harem Traditions

Required Ethics: Xenophile, Militarist and/or Authoritarian

Required Authority: Imperial (and maybe Dictatorial?)

Banned Ethics: Pacifist, Xenophobe and Egalitarian

Your Ruler automatically gains a unique trait upon becoming Ruler called 'Harem Collector.' This trait's bonuses starts off kinda of meh tier, but is replaced with better versions of it the more their harem grows.

Their harem grows when the following happens:

• You have an owned leader with some variation of the Lustful Body trait (or anything similar).
  • One of your fleets defeats another fleet with an Admiral with some kind of sexy trait.
  • You conquer a planet with a species and/or governor with some kind of sexy trait.
  • You win a war against another country whose leader has some kind of sexy trait.
  • Your ruler gains the Sexbot Companion trait.

Naturally, these should be accompanied by events telling you it happened. Every so often, another random flavor event can trigger giving a random bonus (or malus), based on things going on with the harem.

Love this mod, had played quite a few versions of it now over the last year or so. Seeing how many bugs and various issues have been addressed and fixed since the start, it almost feels like i am being ungrateful for bringing this up, but i noticed something funny that was probably unintentional?

I started a civilization with parallel evolution, and made both of them female only. And right at the start, i got the female synergy event, with one breeder job added.

Nice to see my cat- and puppygirls getting along, but i have the sneaking suspicion that they would still need actual males for this to work as intended.

So I've been having this issue where my species profile photo appears over all the Lustful Void events. I've tried clean install, deleting the cache, reinstalling lustful void, the only thing I've noticed is rolling back to a much earlier save but replaying an in game decade is a lot.

I'd settle for a booleg solution where I just make my pop invisible. But I really would love some help.

20210523065457_1.jpg

On 4/26/2021 at 1:04 AM, DragonOfAsh said:

I've noticed since the start of Dick that the Tentacle Symbiosis technology no longer provides any breeding jobs. The other things that provide breeder jobs (brood parasite, all female synergy, etc) all still work and provide jobs as normal, but tentacle blockers do not. [...]

I compared the change to LustfulVoid0.5.6.1 und found something missing. The old code does function ingame...

If someone wants to edit the file manualy the code is below, alternativly I have attached the file.

The file in question is "common\deposits\lv_blocker_deposits.txt".

################################
###     Blocker Deposits     ###
################################
## Possible Deposit Variables ##
# resources, resource and amount
# potential trigger (planet scope)
# planet_modifier - applied to planet only when deposit blocker has been cleared
# constant_modifier - applied to planet always
# station = station class in orbit to gather
###

d_lv_tentacles = {
    time = 360

is_for_colonizeable = yes
	category = deposit_cat_blockers

resources = {
		category = deposit_blockers
		cost = {
			energy = 1000
		}
	}

potential = {
		planet_size >= 10
	}

planet_modifier = { 
		planet_max_districts_add = -2
	}

triggered_planet_modifier = {
		potential = {
			exists = owner
			owner = { has_technology = tech_lv_tentacle_symbiosis }
			owner = { NOT = { has_authority = auth_hive_mind } }
		}
		modifier = {
			job_lv_breeder_add = 6
			planet_max_districts_add = 2
		}
	}

triggered_planet_modifier = {
		potential = {
			exists = owner
			owner = { has_technology = tech_lv_tentacle_symbiosis }
			owner = { has_authority = auth_hive_mind }
		}
		modifier = {
			job_spawning_drone_add = 6
			planet_max_districts_add = 2
		}
	}

on_cleared = {
		if = {
			limit = {
				exists = owner
				owner = {
					has_civic = civic_hive_devouring_swarm
				}
			}
			owner = { add_resource = { food = 400 } }
		}
	}

drop_weight = {
		weight = 5
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			planet_size < 15
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0
			num_free_districts = {
				type = district_city
				value < 2
			}
		}
	}

prerequisites = { "tech_lv_b_tentacles" }
}

###

Thanks to all people who are creating or supporting this mods.

repair Tentacle Symbiosis technology.zip

Is the megacorp building that abducts people broken? In my run as criminal syndicate I still am at 0 xenos in my empire, hundred years after establishing offices on a lot of capital worlds (they do have high pop, that is not the issue.)

Just here to share some thoughts and suggestions.

Right now Propagating Throng and Assimilating Breeders seem kind of odd.

1. Instead of keeping the pops that they gain through wars around for breeding purposes, the AI turns them into livestock that are then assimilated (the game mechanic of assimilation) instead. This means that they are actually killing the pops that (in-lore description), are pops that they need to increase their numbers. Which to me, seems kinda nonsensical.

2. It would be cool if they also had access to special buildings such as Breeding Pits (replacing Spawning Pools), that allows them to let their pop growth increase in similar fashion to Cloning Facility.

3. Events where these empires ask for pops to breed as an ultimatum to war.

Also some thoughts on making Human-Trafficking Cartel empires (specifically with the civics, Criminal Heritage, Franchized Prostitution, Sex Contractors etc).

1. The AI always defaults to just making the same old boring vanilla corpo buildings, meaning that all the effort that has clearly gone into making these special buildings are never actually seen unless you play that empire yourself.

2. This also means that they never get the bonuses from these unique civics.

3. It seems like the pop-stealing building is bugged.

A final note on Institutionalized Sex Slavery civic, is that the AI always seems to just ignore this civic even when Authoritarian. It will promote all other species to Residence and be more willing to enslave its own species for sex slavery than others. Which is just odd overall.

Thanks for the mod!

you know, My last comment was in the wrong thread but in my pursuit of an answer to that one I thought of something. It would appear that LV has surpassed  Wild Lascivity by ALOT. I mean that mod seems to have been abandoned. Which is a shame because they worked so well together. You should consider absorbing it into LV. I mean, you already pulled together so much. i you added that this would be a "one stop shop" for Stellaris Adult Mods.        Just an Idea that came to mind

I've noticed I'm getting the "Unit Sex Parties" and "Businesses Catering to Xenos" events...a lot. Like, way more frequently than seems intentional. The Xeno Businesses event can also appear at a stage where the only xenos I've discovered are bacteria.

It's not gamebreaking or anything but seems like there might be a condition missing or something like that.

On 6/6/2021 at 4:16 AM, Renaati said:

I've noticed I'm getting the "Unit Sex Parties" and "Businesses Catering to Xenos" events...a lot. Like, way more frequently than seems intentional. The Xeno Businesses event can also appear at a stage where the only xenos I've discovered are bacteria.

It's not gamebreaking or anything but seems like there might be a condition missing or something like that.

To be fair, they're very, very attractive bacteria.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:08 AM, xking said:

The only thing that never changes is the moisture across the Paradox forums every time the developers make a post and the fanboys start jizzing themselves. The developers haven't even implemented any of those changes yet but the fanboys' panties are already wet. Notice how anyone who so much as questions any developer plans gets downvoted. Those who outright disagree or constructively criticise the plans get downvoted into oblivion.

What is notable about the upcoming changes:

1. Nothing was said about fixing the population growth mechanic.

2. Nothing was said about upgrading the game engine.

3. They plan to make the empire sprawl a bigger issue by making management of larger empires much harder. It's not just going to be a problem with the administrative cap.

4. They want to diminish the effects of having many science centers, so that smaller empires with less scientific output could keep up with larger empires on the technological level.

5. The developers split into two teams: one will be polishing and enriching older content, the other one will be working on entirely new content.

Traits cannot fix the problem because the population growth penalty increases too fast.

A script balancing this nonsense could fix that. But the best solution would be to completely remove the population penalty because it has absolutely no logic other than to handicap all the players in the galaxy in order to reduce game lag. The population growth should increase exponentially and have spillover effects onto other empires. That would make more sense.