6 hours ago, cgiExDee said:

Lithia, are you using a github? Thinking we could help add content for themes you're less interested in but could be part of LV

I'm not, but I can look into that if people want.

1 hour ago, Abominus said:

Greetings,

I have started Stellaris for the first time in one month, found your new mod and hey, not translated in german. The Kaiser would be furious :D.

When I translate it, would you like it to be uploaded here or by pm?

Regards

Abo

Feel free to pm me any translations you might want to make, I don't mind adding them. ;)

Been playing with .2 (I see .2.1 is out now, will try shortly).

Intercompatible Womb/Sperm is becoming the bane of my existence.

I am running a brood parasite slaver species:  Okay, that part seems to work.  But if anyone intercompatible immigrates in, it turns my brood parasite main species into an all-female species, which is not acceptable.  And the intercompatible trait cannot be removed, unlike the brood parasite trait.  So I tried marking such species as undesireables:  Only the thing is, even though the main species and sub-species are labelled as such, there is constantly some newsubvarient that migrates in and then has to be seperately flagged, as apparently sub-species are not properly inheriting the undesireable status.

And yes, I do have xeno males restricted by policy.  It appears to have absolutely no effect.

If I could just remove the intercompatible traits, that would help a LOT.

Can someone help me with mod compability in this one ?
1. Which mod files from SSX should i enable with this one ? - I tried to use SSX with this one but any custom race i created ended in CTD.
2. What other mods sexual/non-sexual would you suggest to use with it ?

I appreciate any help.

It looks like the issue with the all-male/all-female events is due to coding excessively wide effects.  You're triggering the event for countries that meet the policy flag requirements...but when the event triggers, it's set to affect every country, regardless of its policies.  I would suggest the following alteration to lv_all_male.5, simplifying the trigger condition considerably and removing the use of every_country scope:

country_event = {
	id = lv_all_male.5
	hide_window = yes

trigger = {
		has_policy_flag = lv_no_xeno_female_restrictions
		any_owned_pop = { has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_womb }
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		days = 7200
	}

immediate = {
		random_owned_planet = {
			limit = {
				AND = {
					any_pop = {
						pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_womb
					}
					any_pop = {
						NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_womb }
						NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_sperm }
						AND = {
							NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_all_female }
							NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_all_male }
							NOT = { is_robot_pop = yes }
						}
					}
				}
			}
			set_timed_planet_flag = {
				flag = lv_males_only_now
				days = 5
			}
			planet_event = { id = lv_all_male.6 }
		}
	}
}

Likewise for the equivalent all-female event:

country_event = {
	id = lv_all_female.1
	hide_window = yes

trigger = {
		has_policy_flag = lv_no_xeno_male_restrictions
		any_owned_pop = { has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_sperm }
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		days = 7200
	}

immediate = {
		random_owned_planet = {
			limit = {
				AND = {
					any_pop = {
						pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_sperm
					}
					any_pop = {
						NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_womb }
						NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_intercompatible_sperm }
						AND = {
							NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_all_female }
							NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_all_male }
							NOT = { is_robot_pop = yes }
						}
					}
				}
			}
			set_timed_planet_flag = {
				flag = lv_females_only_now
				days = 5
			}
			planet_event = { id = lv_all_female.2 days = 3 }
		}
	}
}

Should make it work properly.

Two issues with hybrids.  One, they're currently being created with no homeworld and the wrong planetary preference (or no planetary preference at all, for perfect hybrids) due to the use of the wrong scope.  Both types of hybrids in lv_hybrids.txt, lv_hybrids.1 are specified with homeworld = ROOT.  But since this is a country event, ROOT refers to the country, inappropriate to define a homeworld.  You should instead be using homeworld = PREV, referring to the planet they're on.

Secondly, the flag to show that a perfect hybrid has been created is not being cleared properly.  The actual flag is lv_perfect_hybrid, but the display event lv_hybrids.4 is instead clearing simply perfect_hybrid (without the lv_), making any subsequent hybrid created on the same planet claim to be a perfect hybrid.

45 minutes ago, vunrtdofrt said:

Two issues with hybrids.  One, they're currently being created with no homeworld and the wrong planetary preference (or no planetary preference at all, for perfect hybrids) due to the use of the wrong scope.  Both types of hybrids in lv_hybrids.txt, lv_hybrids.1 are specified with homeworld = ROOT.  But since this is a country event, ROOT refers to the country, inappropriate to define a homeworld.  You should instead be using homeworld = PREV, referring to the planet they're on.

Secondly, the flag to show that a perfect hybrid has been created is not being cleared properly.  The actual flag is lv_perfect_hybrid, but the display event lv_hybrids.4 is instead clearing simply perfect_hybrid (without the lv_), making any subsequent hybrid created on the same planet claim to be a perfect hybrid.

I have had this happen to me as well; hybrids without a biome preference. 

@vunrtdofrt Mhm you're right, I added those events as "flavor" to the framework directly from SG. I just changed them a bit to work somewhat...but I agree that there are a lot of problems with them. I'll go over them a bit later tonight, but they're really just there to make things a bit less boring...the reason I gave the options to just outright disable them.

Thanks for the advice though. ;)

@JuicyDroid I'll be adding a cleaned up version of SSX to the mod soon.

Oh, no, the event is a good one.  The code just needs an optimization pass.  It looks like a lot of difficulty here is due to the game, bizarrely, not having a command to scope to all pops on a planet for effects, despite that there is one to scope to all pops on a planet for triggers.

36 minutes ago, vunrtdofrt said:

Oh, no, the event is a good one.  The code just needs an optimization pass.  It looks like a lot of difficulty here is due to the game, bizarrely, not having a command to scope to all pops on a planet for effects, despite that there is one to scope to all pops on a planet for triggers.

Well please feel free to point out any other problems you might find...I don't really get that much time to test everything after all and miss things sometimes, so I appreciate it. I added your suggestions just now and will probably release an update later tonight, so if you find anything else in that time I'll try to add them before then.

From what I've seen so far, it looks like there are indeed a fair number of alterations I would be inclined to make - some purely technical/optimization, some also for balance.  (I note, for example, that a purely female species will reproduce even more slowly if matched with a species with intercompatible sperm than they will if totally alone, which seems counterintuitive and likely undesirable)  But it will take me a little while to go through the code thoroughly, likely not by tonight.  Perhaps I can do that, adding in comments for the nature of my suggested changes, and upload the results, and you can decide which if any you feel are worthwhile.

42 minutes ago, vunrtdofrt said:

From what I've seen so far, it looks like there are indeed a fair number of alterations I would be inclined to make - some purely technical/optimization, some also for balance.  (I note, for example, that a purely female species will reproduce even more slowly if matched with a species with intercompatible sperm than they will if totally alone, which seems counterintuitive and likely undesirable)  But it will take me a little while to go through the code thoroughly, likely not by tonight.  Perhaps I can do that, adding in comments for the nature of my suggested changes, and upload the results, and you can decide which if any you feel are worthwhile.

Just remember that trait effects and costs are really just placeholders and will get a full re-balance in the next release. I'm also looking for an alternative to the "temp" traits, but I haven't had that much time to look into that yet.

Yes, I wasn't intending to touch trait effects - that almost entirely comes down to preference and specific design choices.

Those temporary traits do seem a bit inelegant.  I understand that they're implemented because pop modifiers can't affect growth rates...and unfortunately, I can't immediately think of a good way around that, either.  It's a pity that the pop overhaul didn't make the weighting for which pop grows more defineable, otherwise we could work with that.  As it is, all we have are a handful of numbers to tweak in the defines.

1 hour ago, Thunder_Jakz12 said:

Sorry this is probably a stupid ass question but can someone tell me why there is a file called "patches" in there when you click download. 

Compatibility patches for SSX and Elves of Stellaris.

1 hour ago, Anonyshadow said:

Is there a way to put a gif in instead of a static image for events? 

Nope.

>.>

<.<

Edit: Joking aside its theoretically possible to do. Portraits are in the same .dds format as is used in event pics after all. Still I wouldn't say its really feasible to do. It wouldn't just be a case of converting a gif into a .dds file. Honestly though Mk40 would be much better equipped to answer this than I. He actually did work with portraits for MASSA after all.

Hypothetical question: 

If I were to write an event chain that creates/transforms pops, would the Mod creator write it into the game? 

I wanted to do a plotline where a science leader studies what turns out to be a parasitic worm, and then ends up infecting the country leader and subsequently every other pop, creating a new species for the parasite, and giving the main species submissive. 

I this feasible? 

1 hour ago, Anonyshadow said:

Is there a way to put a gif in instead of a static image for events? 

Mhm, just requires more work.

17 minutes ago, Dagome_Iudex said:

Hypothetical question: 

If I were to write an event chain that creates/transforms pops, would the Mod creator write it into the game? 

I wanted to do a plotline where a science leader studies what turns out to be a parasitic worm, and then ends up infecting the country leader and subsequently every other pop, creating a new species for the parasite, and giving the main species submissive. 

I this feasible? 

It depends on exactly how they transform them really.