5 hours ago, Wily Rodent said:

Reading about this mod gave me a single idea that would be really awesome.

(Full disclaimer, I mostly know stellaris from watching playthroughs. Usually play CK2 and don't have any stellaris DLC so I won't play any stellaris mods in the foreseeable future anyway, unless I happen to find a lot of stellaris DLC bundled up in a humble bundle like I did for CK2.)

Anyway, the idea is what if we flip the whole idea of breeding slaves on its head? The usual idea would be that you play as some sort of parasitic empire, hive minded, or otherwise, that uses populations from other species for breeding. The idea I came up with is that this whole thing already happened in the past and the parasitic empire was wiped away, either by plague, or by rebellion, leaving behind confused and disoriented breeding slaves that now have to forge their own destiny in the galaxy.

So the whole idea is to create an origin with:

-The pops were biologically engineered to bear the children of their masters, so they have a lot of high end breeding traits for free.

-On the flip side, pops start with a lot of negative mental traits that turn them servile and their leaders unproductive.

-Some event chains about the pop's internal struggle about their purpose in life.

-Maybe even start close to the "remnants" of the old empire.

-Maybe a quest chain that grants the possibility of reviving the old masters... Any  single sperm (or egg) sample could potentially reboot the old empire in a new form and there would obviously be civil unrest regardless of which choice the player makes.

I had a very similar concept behind my own now-favorite custom species. Basically that some old, mega-tech race decided one day to craft the perfect biological sex toy to cater to all of their myriad fetishes. Only that the new all-female species was much too good at it's job, being purpose-built to be massively into polyamory, bestiality, impregnation, exhibition, and all-around complete slut behavior, with all of their daughters growing up to be just as uncontrollably, impossibly oversexed as their mothers, obsessed with having literally non-stop sex their whole lives. Let simmer for a thousand(ish) years, and the original race has not only socially and technologically collapsed, but gone extinct because their males were too exhausted to do any reproducing with their females. So you end up with a planet of crazed sex addicts who eventually decide that they want to fuck the rest of the galaxy too.

Now, I alter the LV mod to let Perfect Hybrid be picked at the start, and this combined with Sex Crazed and All Female (with some more from the female traits) form the basis of the species. But a formalized Origin like this may be a way to legitimately start with Perfect Hybrid.

11 hours ago, arandomguyspain said:

Is there a way to combine the loading screen sets?. Only interested in some of them, but they are in different files

Should be easy to do yourself. Pick the ones you want, use a program with access to batch rename (like IrfanView Thumbnails) to give them a consistent naming scheme, stuff them into the gfx/loadingscreens folder of any of the loading screen mods (or make your own mod).

Salut!

The new year has been very busy for me, but I got some time to work on the mod here and there. I went through the comments and saw glanducra made some tweaks to the hybrids events which were something I never really got around to fully fixing. I decided to implement some of those changes and thought I should release it so everyone can use hybrids properly if they wanted. So thanks a lot for sharing! :wink:

I also saw a lot of people are talking about massa. I am still in the process of updating it as well and you'll see I've added some of the things already with this update (and basically all past updates lol), so don't worry I'll get to everything eventually lol

There is also a poll on discord with more bestiality content being in first place. It's still coming don't worry! Think of this update as more of a semi-update/patch I guess for the above reasons.

Anyway, depending on when the next dlc gets released, I expect to make one more update before that. If not, then I'll probably have to do a very similar thing and release what I've made up to that point with whatever changes I have to make for the dlc/official game update.

Thanks everyone for your patience and remember that you now require handholding to make LV work for those that got confused in the past! :tounge_wink:

Thanks for the update, question regarding the new masochistic origin (which does not appear to be making the second species on game start for me?)

Is there any benefit to taking it over standard Syncretic evolution and simply purchasing the trait on your second species? It feels like you would want an extra mechanic to differentiate it from the vanilla origin. That or grant masochistic for free rather than have it cost 3 points.

@unbiaseddiehard102 I'm not sure which mod those buildings are from, but it looks like it might be the BnB mod which is very outdated. That will actually be the mod I update after I finish with massa though.

@Ozvelpoon Usually, when a second species doesn't get generated, there's a mod overwriting LV causing a conflict. Are you using a mod called "Forgotten Queens" maybe? That mod always causes problems with LV for some reason. I've looked at it and can't really see why it would from a glance, but I've heard it conflicts with a lot of other mods too lol

As for the actual effects of the origin... yeah after looking at it again, perhaps I should make it a little more unique lol. I kind of forgot that you still have to use the trait points if it "forces" the trait on empire creation, so I'll just make a little event to give it on game start instead and it should free up a trait pick too with that method. Feel free to make more suggestions and I'll keep them in mind while I make the changes ?

@zhaliora I could not replicate that problem, unfortunately. On the planet that it happens, are there any pops without the intercompatible sperm trait? Even if they are the same species just without that trait? If not then it's likely a conflict with another mod.

1 hour ago, Lithia<3 said:

@Ozvelpoon Usually, when a second species doesn't get generated, there's a mod overwriting LV causing a conflict. Are you using a mod called "Forgotten Queens" maybe? That mod always causes problems with LV for some reason. I've looked at it and can't really see why it would from a glance, but I've heard it conflicts with a lot of other mods too lol

As for the actual effects of the origin... yeah after looking at it again, perhaps I should make it a little more unique lol. I kind of forgot that you still have to use the trait points if it "forces" the trait on empire creation, so I'll just make a little event to give it on game start instead and it should free up a trait pick too with that method. Feel free to make more suggestions and I'll keep them in mind while I make the changes ?

Good call on the incompatibility with Forgotten Queens, unfortunately it does not seem to be resolved by altering load order so I may need to live with it unless the problem is tracked down in the future.

If I may suggest a slightly more ambitious solution then simply granting the submissive trait; I am a big fan of your trait synergy modifiers between species. I believe there was an old synergy between Sadistic/Masochistic that was scrapped when work was done to overhaul this system several updates ago. Maybe it is time to revaluate that synergy?

What if this origin granted a trait to both species which triggered a new synergy between them and only them? The granted trait could be a 0 cost that does not take a trait pick similar to the mono gender traits. This would solve the issue of cost and taking up a trait pick later; it also makes narrative sense as these two species have developed together long enough to affect each others preferences.

3 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

@zhaliora I could not replicate that problem, unfortunately. On the planet that it happens, are there any pops without the intercompatible sperm trait? Even if they are the same species just without that trait? If not then it's likely a conflict with another mod.

@Lithia<3 I'm not sure if it happened after I got Robot pops, the bog standard first tech ones, or before. I'ma do a second run of tests.

Edit: It seems like it was the Robots. It should not create robot hybrids should it? Not without the robot trait.

@Ozvelpoon I am actually doing something very similar with a tentacle symbiosis origin that wasn't finished yet (so it was not in this update). It has a lot more things though like tentacle festivals and trading pops as breeders to get various things. I won't spoil it too much lol, but I can definitely make sadomasochistic evolution also get a unique trait with a few other mechanics linked to it.

@zhaliora When you said robot pops I immediately knew what was wrong... just a little oversight which allowed them to impregnate any robots no matter what, sorry about that lol. I uploaded a new version with the fix so it's part of the main mod and not just some attachment I leave in this post, so you can get it on the downloads page ?

Really appreciate the "milk rancher" civic, any chance of a version of it for megacorps?
Same thing with the sexy dilpomats civic really, that one would also fit megacorps in some form imo.

Btw anyone in the LL community have any idea why 2 of my humanoid race portraits might not be working?
image.png.9744bb952c2909cf1fe5f1768ec45c5b.png

Any tips on race portraits for LL in general are wwelcome, atm I just have humans/humanoids with gender/sexy patches etc.

Aggressive breeding stops when you select "don't show this again", rather then just disable pop up.

Edit: also, it seems i get any random species that have existed rather then the current major. but maybe that is nothing that can be controlled?

i had interspecies on some pops until i got perfect hybrid which had created some 60 different variants of my spices, now i get random from those it seems.

edit 3: on closer look, i think that i got random pops might have been immigration. i got events that replaced non aggressive breeders with aggressive breeders of same race, so i guess the non aggressive was immigrators from my ally.

Edit 2: should robots really be included in replaceable pops?

Love this mod. Keep up the good work.

In my playthroughs I've been building Slime Labs on pretty much every single planet where I can find room for them, and I wondered if you could implement some sort of random event where, on planets with a Slime Lab or a Slime Vat, there is a small chance of a slime getting out and going on a sexual rampage on the population. Would such a thing be possible?

Also, would it be possible to add one or more technologies that broadens a player's options regarding slimes, like some kind of upgrade to the above mentioned buildings? As is there is just those two buildings and the slime troopers provided by one of them.

Ok, my final thoughts on "aggressively adaptive reproduction"

bug: stops working if you click "down show again"

Observations:

• Will work on any species that can reproduce, including robots with said traits.
  • Won't work on species that have "population control" and ain't allowed to reproduce, could be used to maintain a stable population. but if you want use it to stop them from spreading too much, it won't reduce their population. feature or bug?

So for example, my authoritarian empire: let aliens in, since i knew they would eventually become our species after a generation or 2, and if they became too many, we would just not let them reproduce by themselves. but ... that didn't happen, they didn't decline, but maintained a stable population.

Also, a minor nitpick with the text, it won't change even if you have a "all male" or "all female" species.

So relatively new to modding so not sure if this is a problem or not. I think my game is missing a couple of options from the origins and civics stuff, as well as some other things i just spotted scrolling through this thread. Namely the civics "Milk Ranchers", "Orgasmic Diplomats", the "Aggressively Advanced Reproduciton" trait, and the "Sadomasochistic Evolution" Origin. Couple others are Sexual Brain Rewrites and Sexual Education Schools.
I usually play authoritarian , militarist, religious, hive, or machine ethics so that might influence it as well. I dont know.

My current playset is:
Lustful Void 5.5.1
Gigastructures 2.8

Machine Shipset

Planet Diversity

Sexopolis

UI Overhaul Dynamic

More Ascension Perks V2

LV Lewd Rooms

On 2/15/2021 at 3:21 PM, kaelibw said:

So relatively new to modding so not sure if this is a problem or not. I think my game is missing a couple of options from the origins and civics stuff, as well as some other things i just spotted scrolling through this thread. Namely the civics "Milk Ranchers", "Orgasmic Diplomats", the "Aggressively Advanced Reproduciton" trait, and the "Sadomasochistic Evolution" Origin. Couple others are Sexual Brain Rewrites and Sexual Education Schools.
I usually play authoritarian , militarist, religious, hive, or machine ethics so that might influence it as well. I dont know.

My current playset is:
Lustful Void 5.5.1
Gigastructures 2.8

Machine Shipset

Planet Diversity

Sexopolis

UI Overhaul Dynamic

More Ascension Perks V2

LV Lewd Rooms

0.5.5.1 is an outdated version, scroll down to the bottom of the download list, the latest version is 0.5.6.1

As fun as the aggressive reproduction tactics are, is there really any use for it for anyone that isn't a slave-taker/population nabber? I had this fun idea of making a super social species with that and migration treaties with everyone to have my species take over... and they did, sort of, but all that really did was make it so the leader portraits changed when i talked to em. Didn't make enemies into allies, or really affect the game in any way. 

Difficult.  Because you'd have to fire events and such when you and 'they' are similar/the same.  The game by default does allow for diplomacy boosts when your species are the same/Similar, but applying that after game start, making the game realize you are now 'one'....and even then, most races will resist being vassaled/protectorated anyway because that is death thanks to integration.