18 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

@Raana Already made them into origins :wink:

The former civic for Symbiotic Evolution still exists though (albeit missing its former icon). ?

If a traits rework is next, like the patch notes suggest, I kind of want to request a few more negative cost traits. I've noticed I fall back on sex crazed and seasonal breeders a lot when creating new empires to offset some of the pricier positive cost traits. I struggle with machine species in particular because they have a lot of high-cost traits and very little variety in ways to offset them.

just updated to the new version, my dairy farm jobs aren't making any food or consumer goods? Anyone else having this issue or is it just my problem?

edit:nvm, it is producing. The job tooltip is accurate. The building tooltip is what is saying it doesn't produce anything but unity.

So I got a problem i reinstalled this mod, but it doesnt show up loaded (only ssx is loaded). What the hell am I doing wrong

EDIT: OK, i figured it out. The Paradox Launcher does not update the mod list if I do something there. So how do I solve this problem

3 hours ago, Draonir said:

So I got a problem i reinstalled this mod, but it doesnt show up loaded (only ssx is loaded). What the hell am I doing wrong

EDIT: OK, i figured it out. The Paradox Launcher does not update the mod list if I do something there. So how do I solve this problem

That's the Big Question.
I've not been able to play a modded Stellaris ever since they day they released that useless launcher.

If you go into the paradox mod section of the launcher and create a dummy mod (name it the same as the mod you are installing), it will add in a descriptor mod and a file to to Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/Mod copy those files and paste where you temporarily stored your mod of choice (you can't create a dummy mod of the same name if your mod is in the mod folder, so just temporarily move it), it will ask you if you want to overwrite the mod files with the files created by the launcher, say yes. It allows the launcher to see the mod.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:21 AM, Sybian said:

Your install is broken or is being overwritten. There are screenshots with the full load of options. So this is a "you" issue, not a creator issue. 

No, the tentacle event placing multiple copies of the same modifier on a planet is not a 'me' issue, it was a design flaw on the creator's part, as they put this in:

immediate = {
        add_deposit = d_lv_tentacles
        add_modifier = {
            modifier = lv_tentacled_lifeforms
            days = -1
        }
    }

That 'days = -1' makes the modifier permanent. Strangely enough, earlier versions of this mod -did not check- for the modifier's presence, thus the event could and did fire on a planet multiple times and stacked the modifier forever. The current version (4.8) does check for the modifier, haven't tested it myself yet, but hopefully it'll no longer stack to infinity.

Edit: Oh, and bonus detail, the event doesn't even look for a global flag to see if it should fire or not. So, regardless of whether or not there's an option for it in the menu, the event itself won't care, it'll fire anyways. It's all right there in /events/lv_colony_events.txt , it's the first event in the file. Not a single has_global_flag check. Oh, and there's no flag checking in lv_gatekeeper_events.txt or lv_on_actions.txt either.

10 hours ago, Draonir said:

Just uninstall the Paradox Launcher itself, then start Stellaris and have it reinstall. Works quickly and seems to fix the launcher's issue with new local mods not being registered. You can find the Paradox Launcher in the add/change programs menu labeled as "Paradox Launcher V2"....

2 hours ago, ylurkes said:

anyone has a good mod that allows more space for trait/ to scroll down trait to recommend?

yeah. ok. i'm stupid.  There's a great one on the last sentence of the main post....

In other news: Yeah! Origins! More please :D

So, I have a question. Is origins hardcoded? Because if it's not, then that might be something to look into for Lustful Void. Since it's backstory, it would be interesting to have one where rouge servitors who were once sex bots took over the world. 

6 hours ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Just uninstall the Paradox Launcher itself, then start Stellaris and have it reinstall. Works quickly and seems to fix the launcher's issue with new local mods not being registered. You can find the Paradox Launcher in the add/change programs menu labeled as "Paradox Launcher V2"....

I tried this and it did not work.

after you uninstalled it, did you do anything else? before hitting play again? Where you using the steam version?

On 3/20/2020 at 2:28 AM, OniAizawa said:

So, I have a question. Is origins hardcoded? Because if it's not, then that might be something to look into for Lustful Void. Since it's backstory, it would be interesting to have one where rouge servitors who were once sex bots took over the world. 

I support this. The mod already has two new Origins (one for Hive Mind and one for non-hive minds), but there's no Origin for Machine Intelligence. I'd like to see an Origin where the Sex Bots take over or/and go on a sexual rampage across the galaxy or something.