Hey I thought I would throw out my thought here and say the Interstellar Prostitution Industry is not worth it and can actually be more of a debuff than anything. You see each Stability point above 50 gives 0.6, so taking away ten stability points can rob planets of a whole 6% in all jobs production including power. Not to mention in trade resource and migration state. Hell taking away any stability is not worth it, since power by late game is usually the least of the problem and stability is worth so much more. 

Same if you decide to add in crime, since that just means wasting building slots for later better use. I don't know what you could add take away instead, me myself is just kinda against the idea of research taking anything away from you. 

In the end it kinda feels like it is just a trap for people who don't know the game very well and seems unfair.

You really should put a limiter of some kind on 'Tentacled Lifeforms', I've got a planet with three copies of the same modifier on it, with no time limit and no way to stop it continually repeating. It's just going to infinite-stack at this rate. And no, once you clear the blocker, the modifier does not go away.

4 hours ago, Zorlond said:

You really should put a limiter of some kind on 'Tentacled Lifeforms', I've got a planet with three copies of the same modifier on it, with no time limit and no way to stop it continually repeating. It's just going to infinite-stack at this rate. And no, once you clear the blocker, the modifier does not go away.

Goto your edicts page, click lustful void options and turn off the tentacle option. :)

@Lithia<3

Not sure if you'd be interested, but I made a stylized version of the LV letters from the event options image. Created it while making a few event image replacer sets after trying (and failing) to clean up the existing letters for the replacer images I was working on (pink on pink is hard to separate XD ).

The base file is a vector image I made in Inkscape. So the letters could even be easily scaled up to use for larger images if you wanted to.

A few previews:

Spoiler

1216987883_LVOptionsOverlay.png.680c7c48d9606c8f0e12c4fe143bac68.png

1846106592_LVOptionsPreview.png.780cee0aa4513e79f66cc9981562bd1f.png

LV Options Overlay.svg

On 3/14/2020 at 4:31 PM, Sybian said:

Goto your edicts page, click lustful void options and turn off the tentacle option. :)

There isn't one. It's only got two options, Neuter Purges and Pop Stealing. There's not even a Tentacles option under Hide Events, which doesn't even stop things from firing, it just doesn't tell the player it's happening.

Frankly, there should be a helluva lot more options, but for right now I'm simply going to reiterate: The Tentacles event needs a limiter so it doesn't end up stacking a dozen modifiers on a single planet.

With Stellaris having a big performance overhaul in the Federations patch, this mod's game slowdown may become even more severe in comparison. I was one of the guys that helped with MASSA (and/or its predecessor), so I've been picking through the mod's code to see what changed. Something things I've noticed that could be improved:

- The job weight issue I mentioned before (no bias towards jobs already working, to prevent constant pop churning

- Running a modifier update any time a pop does anything. Born, died, moved, immigrated, emmigrated, resettled, etc. This causes a massive amount of lag -- more than any other mod I've ever seen; we're talking 5-15 seconds of game freeze each update -- in large games, since checks become exponentially larger the more pops there are in the universe. (I modified my game to only check once every five years, but even just one a year would be a major improvement)

- The excessive trait picks (and trait points) causes massive species fragmentation; I've seen the number of species get higher than the number of stars in the game's galaxy. The AI either needs to be gatelocked from accessing trait picks/points, and/or most of the traits need to be restricted using the relevant tags (initial = yes modification = no randomized = no). Or alternatively, revert trait picks/points to vanilla numbers and make them 0-trait picks that can only be used at species creation.

- The monogender planetary decision and it's constantly-running checks to remove/add traits (and the resulting memory usage) should be removed. There's already a perfectly usable set of traits (all female/male/futa) that does the exact same thing without needing to slow down the game and clutter up the decisions list.

- Overwriting of major core game files will cause conflict with most other mods. For example, the "Divine Coupling" civic requires overwriting the base game's temple building to add concubine job slots. I would have instead added them via a planet deposit so that base game files (or another mod's files) wouldn't need to be overwritten. Or maybe an alternative set of buildings that the Divine Coupling users get instead of normal temples. Other stuff like ethics are another core gameplay file that should never be overwritten unless vitally necessary.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:38 PM, Zorlond said:

There isn't one. It's only got two options, Neuter Purges and Pop Stealing. There's not even a Tentacles option under Hide Events, which doesn't even stop things from firing, it just doesn't tell the player it's happening.

Frankly, there should be a helluva lot more options, but for right now I'm simply going to reiterate: The Tentacles event needs a limiter so it doesn't end up stacking a dozen modifiers on a single planet.

Your install is broken or is being overwritten. There are screenshots with the full load of options. So this is a "you" issue, not a creator issue. 

I got a problem with all female trait in humans in my home planet the pops are showing both genders same when trying to modify traits and the template is being saved as male gender. I am not using any portrait mods only Lustful void and LV smaller pics mod. Is there any fix to this pop portraits? Also can some one suggest a good hybrid portrait mod that might work with Lustful void, I'm trying for a creating a xeno hybrid species. 

3 hours ago, ZeroFighterR said:

Because of the 2.6 patch with the federation DLC that launched today.

Revert your version to 2.5 if you want to continue your old save

Starting a new game with basic mods to see what works and what does not. At first glance LV seems to be ok. I've disabled it and have the same problem when it is off. So I'm thinking it might be something else. 

1 hour ago, memyuhself said:

Will LV work with the latest DLC and patch?

Alright, so here is what I did. I've reordered my entire load order with LV and the SexyXeno updates to be at the very top, I've disabled all fluff mods and only turned on the core items after running the game with zero mods. Started with the UI and tradition updates. (How Paradox has not reworked their traditions failed is beyond me ATM) I'm avoiding all ship and other more complex mods and turning them on one by one, So far I've got the above working on new, save and loaded games. I have not tried running the game hours into it to see if it destabilizes. But for the moment these mods and only these mods seem safe. Going to try turning on some portrait mods and see where that goes. 

Update. 

Alright, so I've got a series of mods working mostly following around the ones I mentioned plus a few others, planetary diversity is 100% broken however and is the reason for the crashes. Anything requiring planetary diversity is also broken and will also crash the game. I am getting freezes now when progressing the game and no idea what is the cause of this either. So I guess more trial and error. 

@Ozvelpoon

Pretty sure they don't with the way the generate_start_pops scripted effect seems to work, but I could be wrong. Also selecting the Parallel Evolution origin and Syncretic Evolution origin at the same time seems to cause the latter to overwrite the former in the custom empire UI.

@Lithia<3

Found the files that needed editing and made a patch. Symbiotic Evolution does not actually need to change because its generate_start_pops command is handled differently due to being based off the machine assimilator setup. Which wasn't changed to an origin either.

LV Parallel Patch.rar

2 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

@Raana Already made them into origins :wink:

Soooo.... Are you thinking about having a sexy origin? Would be so awesome to add one. :P 

Game freezes on leader recruitment. Anyone have a fix for this? Or know where exactly which mod is causing this?